Rejected Have "Mute sounds" checked by default

Can we please have PS default to "Mute sounds"? Anytime you open up a match on your phone (for example, someone tags you when a highlight tour game starts) you have to try to race your phone and mute the sounds before the battle loads and starts blaring the annoying music.

I would be willing to bet that 99% of all PS users have sounds muted anyway, so why not change the default setting? Thanks.

pre

pkmn.cc
I would be willing to bet that 99% of all PS users have sounds muted anyway, so why not change the default setting?
I would also like to mute sounds by default (this would also save on bandwidth - no reason to have users download large sound files that they don't necessarily want), but the first step here is actually determining if '99% of all PS users have sounds muted anyway' - just because it feels true doesn't make it so. I will be adding analytics to quantify this so we can actually figure out what the impact of this change would be and what the most sensible defaults are.

pre

pkmn.cc
As an update here, 55% of battles begin muted, which is perhaps higher than some expected but not necessarily so high as to warrant disabling sounds by default (the metric being measured favors power users playing multiple battles, turning sounds on without knowing its an option a priori is less discoverable than turning them off when they annoy you, etc).

We're still discussing options for making it easier to play battles without sounds (suggestions welcome), but it seems unlikely at this point given the statistics that we will be muting them by default :(

As an update here, 55% of battles begin muted, which is perhaps higher than some expected but not necessarily so high as to warrant disabling sounds by default (the metric being measured favors power users playing multiple battles, turning sounds on without knowing its an option a priori is less discoverable than turning them off when they annoy you, etc).

We're still discussing options for making it easier to play battles without sounds (suggestions welcome), but it seems unlikely at this point given the statistics that we will be muting them by default :(
Maybe being able to make it a setting to Mute by default?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)