Have your PS! teams been suddenly deleted? Try this:

Ok, about 1 year ago all of my 200+ teams got deleted from the PS! browser app. Very fortunately, I accidentally found a way to retrieve them. Since then, many dudes have been PMing me asking me how to do it because apparently this bug happens to a lot of people. This trick worked for me and for a lot of people, but not for some, and people simply told me to post this tutorial. I don't even know if this is the right place to post it, but I'll share what I know about it here.

Firstly, I have only seen this bug happen for Google Chrome and Windows users, so I don't know if this will work for people using other browsers/OS. Anyway, worth a try.

0. First off, DON'T SAVE ANY NEW TEAMS; IF YOU DO SO, YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO RECOVER YOUR OLD ONES;

1. Localize the Local Storage folder in your computer. I use Windows 7, and I found the folder in C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage. I think that address is the same for Windows Vista and Windows 8 though. There is a chance that the AppData folder is hidden. If so, in order to reveal it, follow this link's advice;

2. Inside that folder, there should be a file named "http_play.pokemonshowdown.com_0.localstorage", which is the one responsible for storing your teams. The more teams you had, the larger that file is. A team represents about ~2 KB. If you've found that file and it has 1 KB, your teams are probably gone forever (RIP);

3. If that file still has a reasonable size, it means you can still recover your teams, so make a backup of it. That is, copy the file and paste the copy into another folder;

4. Clear your cookies (you just have to go on Configurations, then Show Advanced Options, Clear Navegation data);

5. After that, go to the folder where you've saved the backup file, copy it and paste it back into the Local Storage folder;

6. Reset your browser. Your teams should hopefully be there.

I have no idea why this bug occurs, but I guess it happens that Chrome sometimes simply fails to read the cache (that file). Anyway, good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)