VGC Haxorus, best dragon boi.

Hi again, I've learning a lot about teambuilding recently and have been enjoying it, especially building teams around more less used mons. So one thing that came to mind was building a team around my favorite dragon type, Haxorus. Why Haxorus, well that's what I'm gonna explain and what the other mons on the team are meant to do to help best dragon boi.
Spr 5b 612 s.png

Haxorus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Stomping Tantrum
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail

Might as well start with the core of the team, Haxorus, so why did I pick Haxorus. Well, it's incredibly powerful, has great coverage moves, and has decent match-ups against most of the current meta. Also another thing is that it does a great job at countering most Rotom forms since it resist most of Rotoms stabs, unlike Excadrill. AV is there to simply make Hax bulkier, Hax base Spd is awful so AV helps out since most fariy/ice mons are Special attackers. Mold Breaker is just an great ability and since Hax outspeeds Mimikyu it can OHKO it with max steelspike and mold breaker helps against most Rotom forms. Moveset wasn't too difficult to pick, dragon claw for great stab, stomping tantrum since it has the benefit of not hurting allies and can get boosted if iron tail misses. Iron tail for great coverage and max steelspike is just great in general. Close combat is to handle Ttar but can also kinda help Aegi since max knuckle increases attack. EV spread is simple, all speed and power, plus a small bit in Spd.
Milotic  sprite from Home

Milotic @ Life Orb
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 60 HP / 156 Def / 180 SpA / 4 SpD / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Muddy Water
- Icy Wind
- Ice Beam
- Life Dew

I knew if I was gonna build a team around a physical attacker then Milotic had to be on the team. Milotic does one thing amazingly well, destroying intimidate users, mainly Incineroar and Arcanine. Since I wanted this Milo build to be bulky and wasn't gonna be running a Modest nature I ended up picking life orb as the item for that extra bit of power. Moveset wasn't hard to pick, muddy water for great stab and is just a good spread move in general, but can also help Tox or Aegi switch in if Milo can take out any ground types. Icy wind for some extra speed control, ice beam to help Hax deal with other Dragons if needed and to help Whims set up if there's a flying type on the field. Life dew is for recovery and also helps the other mons on the team since most of them have no recovery. EV spread is kinda typical for Milotic, aside from maybe the Bold nature.
Whimsicott  sprite from Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Whimsicott @ Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Taunt
- Safeguard

Whims is just a good support mon and can do what Milo can't for the most part. Mental Herb was most likely the best option aside from sash since sash is on a different mon. Whims wouldn't be Whims without tailwind, speed control is amazing since it allows Hax to outspeed Dragapult and makes the other offensive mons on the team faster which can be useful. Protect is more to help it's allies get a free switch in if Whims is targeted. Taunt is more to prevent setup such as TR, and safeguard is to prevent Venusaur from spreading sleep. EV spread is a bit more of a bulkier Whims since sash isn't the item that it has.

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 228 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 12 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Follow Me
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Yawn

Togekiss is one of the best support mons in the meta and helps the team a lot. Kiss is mainly supposed to help Whims setup but can still help other members on the team with Follow Me. Yawn is meant to help against WP mons since it puts them on a timer. Air slash for good stab and flinching is great, and dazzling gleam is again, good stab and is just a good spread move. EV spread is typical for a bulky Kiss, but sometimes the typical one can be the best one.
Toxtricity  sprite from Home

Toxtricity-Low-Key @ Throat Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overdrive
- Sludge Bomb
- Snarl
- Protect

Toxtricity isn't just one of my favorite mons but it can take out fairies and can also help against Follow Me mons. Since Hax already has AV I just went with throat spray since Tox is great with it. Overdrive and sludge bomb are great stab moves, snarl is a support option and can activate throat spray. Protect because protect is good. Also tailwind makes Tox a decent threat since it can outspeed most of the meta if tailwind is up. EV spread is again, very typical for the mon.
Aegislash  sprite from Home

Aegislash @ Focus Sash
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Aegi is an amazing counter to Ttar and sand in general, since sash means that Aegi will survive at least one max darkness and won't die to sand. It also can help against Fairies as well if Tox isn't the best choice for certain matches. Close combat because it wouldn't be Aegi without it, and it kills Ttar. Iron head for great stab, shadow sneak to take out sash mons and can take out weaken mons in general. King's shield because you never know when getting a mon to -1 attack could be useful. Do I even need to say it again, the EV spread is typical for the mon.

Conclusion

So that's the team, I had a ton of fun building it and think it's better then most of the other teams I've built. Haven't done any damage calcs but I'll probably do a few sometime. Here's the current paste if anyone wants to try it out: https://pokepast.es/5a38f6fd014e776d

Why mental herb when you can outspeed/outpriority most taunt users to taunt them instead, or just get off the tailwind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)