move 1: Dual Chop / Outrage
move 2: Close Combat / Earthquake
move 3: Iron Tail
move 4: Dragon Dance
item: Lum Berry / Life Orb
ability: Mold Breaker
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Dual Chop allows Haxorus to break Focus Sashes, while also dealing strong damage when Dynamaxed. Outrage is Haxorus's strongest STAB move, dealing significant damage to threats. Close Combat allows Haxorus to hit Steel-types for super-effective damage and provides an Attack boost when Dynamaxed. Earthquake allows Haxorus to hit the Rotom formes for super effective damage thanks to Mold Breaker and can also raise its Special Defense when Dynamaxed. Iron Tail deals super effective damage to Fairy-Types, most notable OHKOing Mimikyu thanks to Mold Breaker, and also provides a Defense boost after Dynamxing. Dragon Dance allows Haxorus to boost its Attack and Speed, allowing it to Dynamax and sweep. Life Orb allows Haxorus to have a higher damage otuput at the cost of some of its HP while a Lum Berry allows Haxorus to be unaffected by a status move. The EV spread allows Haxorus to be as fast as possible, notably outspeeding maximum Speed Mimikyu, while also outputting as much damage as possible.

Haxorus is an excellent Dynamax user, being able to sweep teams after one or two Dragon Dance boosts. Its moveset benefits from Dynamaxing by removing the downsides from its damaging moves, such as Outrage's confusion and Iron Tail's accuracy. With Max Knuckle Haxorus is able to boost its Attack to even higher levels, while Max Steelspike boosts its Defense, making it harder to KO.

Teammates with Volt Switch or U-Turn, can switch Haxorus in safely and allow it to start sweeping. Haxorus appreciates paralysis support from Pokemon such as Grimmsnarl and the Rotom formes. FHaxorus also appreciates Dual Screens support, letting it set up with Dragon Dance while being able to shrug off hits, so Pokemon like Grimmsnarl make good teammates. Bulky Steel-types make great partners for Haxorus, as they deal with Fairy-types that can give it trouble and also help against Dragapult, which can revenge kill a Haxorus without many Speed Boosts. Mimikyu is another great teammate for Haxorus as it can revenge kill Dragapult with ease, while Haxorus can defeat bulky Steel-types that give Mimikyu trouble.

Last edited:

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd actually make a few edits to the moveset here.

-I'd slash Dual Chop first, with Outrage being the secondary slash. This is because while Dynamaxed, Dual Chop is actually only 10 BP weaker as Max Wyrmstorm, while not locking Haxorus in when its not Dynamaxed.

-I think the secondary coverage should be Close Combat / Earthquake. Close Combat is probably more common because of the Attack boost while Dynamaxed + it hitting Ferrothorn and Corviknight a lot harder, but Earthquake is still really cool not only for smashing through Rotom-W / Rotom-H without worrying about boosted Dragon-type attacks, but it also gives Haxorus a SpD boost while Dynamaxed, which is very very useful!

Only other thing I'd mention is that since you bring up Grimmsnarl, I think you should mention that Dual Screen support really helps Haxorus set up too.

Otherwise, QC Approved 1/2!

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Definitely in agreement with Theorymon, some mention of EQ should be included and Dual Chop should be the primary Dragon type move slash. I think a tidbit on it having severe 4MSS could also be useful, because thats the biggest reason I don't run Haxorus, as it struggles to exclude any of its coverage moves. In fact, I could see myself excluding Dragon attacking for Life Orb + EQ/CC/Iron Tail/DD in the future.

I echo basically all of Theorymon's comments above. Dual Chop deserves to be a primary slash over Outrage in the first slot, and Earthquake needs to be slashed alongside Close Combat in the second slot. With Rotom formes everywhere right now the coverage on them is extremely useful, and for some teams this may fit better than Close Combat, although it is admittedly annoying to give up the best option against Ferrothorn and Corviknight in particular. Screens support should probably also be mentioned alongside paralysis support as well, especially since the already mentioned Grimmsnarl usually carries both on its dedicated support set.

Otherwise this looks good. QC 2/2

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shadow Claw is something to consider over Iron Tail. I still prefer IT for Togekiss but the 100% accurate option for Mimikyu is really nice for not having being forced into Dynamaxing to avoid a miss. Plus it has the -1 Def effect while maxed which is cute. Probably an OO mention I guess but I don’t think we’re doing OO atm

I don’t think Life Orb is the primary item. Lum seems best so you always set up on Rotom. I’ve tested Roseli Berry which is also really nice. Haban is probably good too but I haven’t tested it

Last edited:

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Amcheck
Blue=Add (AC=Add Comma, AH=Add Hyphen, ASC=Add Semicolon)
Red=Remove (RC= Remove Comma, RH=Remove Hyphen, RSC=Remove Semicolon)
Green=Comments

[SET]
name: Dragon Dance

Dual Chop allows Haxorus to break Focus Sashes,(RC) while also dealing strong damage when Dynamaxed. Outrage is Haxorus's strongest STAB move, dealing significant damage to threats (such as...?). Close Combat allows Haxorus to hit Steel-types for super-effective(RH) damage and provides an Attack boost when Dynamaxed. Earthquake allows Haxorus to hit the Rotom formes for super effective damage thanks to Mold Breaker and can also raise its Special Defense when Dynamaxed. Iron Tail deals super effective damage to Fairy-Types, most notable notably OHKOing Mimikyu thanks to Mold Breaker, and also provides a Defense boost after Dynamaxing. Dragon Dance allows Haxorus to boost its Attack and Speed, allowing it to Dynamax and sweep. Life Orb allows Haxorus it (I felt like it was a bit redundant, especially since the sentences always start with "x allows Haxorus") to have a higher damage otuput output at the cost of some of its HP,(AC) (in this case, "while" indicates contrast and can be replaced with "although" or "whereas", therefore it needs a comma) while a Lum Berry allows Haxorus to be unaffected by a status move. The EV spread allows Haxorus to be as fast as possible, notably outspeeding maximum Speed Mimikyu,(RC) while also outputting increasing the damage output as much damage as possible.

Haxorus is an excellent Dynamax user, being able to sweep teams after one or two Dragon Dance boosts. Its moveset benefits from Dynamaxing by removing the downsides from of its damaging moves, such as Outrage's confusion and Iron Tail's accuracy. With Max Knuckle Haxorus is able to boost its Attack to even higher levels, while Max Steelspike boosts its Defense, making it harder to be KOed.

Teammates with Volt Switch or U-Turn,(RC) (such as...?) can switch safely bring Haxorus in safely and allow it to start sweeping. Haxorus appreciates paralysis support from Pokemon such as Grimmsnarl and the Rotom formes. FHaxorus also appreciates Dual Screens support, letting it set up with Dragon Dance while being able to shrug off hits, so Pokemon like Grimmsnarl make good teammates. Bulky Steel-types make great partners for Haxorus, as they deal with Fairy-types that can give it trouble and also help against Dragapult, which can revenge kill a Haxorus without many Speed Bboosts. Mimikyu is another great teammate,(AC) for Haxorus (at this point I feel like it's unnecessary) as it can revenge kill Dragapult with ease, while Haxorus can defeat bulky Steel-types that give Mimikyu trouble.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
milak: add remove comments
RABIAAAAAAA: add remove comments
[SET]
name: Dragon Dance

Dual Chop allows Haxorus to break Focus Sashes,(RC) while also dealing strong great damage when Haxorus is Dynamaxed. Outrage is Haxorus's strongest STAB move, dealing significant damage to threats (such as...?). Close Combat allows Haxorus to hit Steel-types for super-effective(RH) damage and provides an Attack boost when Haxorus is Dynamaxed. Earthquake allows Haxorus to hit the Rotom formes for super effective damage thanks to Mold Breaker and can also raise its Special Defense when it's Dynamaxed. Iron Tail deals super effective damage to Fairy-Types Fairy-types, most notable notably OHKOing Mimikyu thanks to Mold Breaker, and also provides a Defense boost after Dynamaxing. Dragon Dance allows lets (repetitive word choice) Haxorus to boost its Attack and Speed, allowing it to Dynamax and sweep. Life Orb allows gives Haxorus to have a higher damage otuput output at the cost of some of its HP,(AC) (in this case, "while" indicates contrast and can be replaced with "although" or "whereas", therefore it needs a comma) while a Lum Berry allows Haxorus to be unaffected by a status move condition (a status move could also be Encore, which Lum Berry doesn't protect against). The EV spread allows Haxorus to be as fast as possible, notably outspeeding maximum Speed Mimikyu,(RC) while also outputting dealing as much damage as possible.

Haxorus is an excellent Dynamax user, being able to sweep teams after one or two Dragon Dance boosts. Its moveset benefits from Dynamaxing by removing the downsides from of its damaging moves, such as Outrage's confusion and Iron Tail's accuracy. With Max Knuckle,(AC) Haxorus is able to boost its Attack to even higher levels, while Max Steelspike boosts its Defense, making it harder to KO.

Teammates with Volt Switch or U-Turn,(RC) U-turn (such as...?) can switch safely bring Haxorus in safely and allow it to start sweeping. Haxorus appreciates paralysis support from Pokemon such as Grimmsnarl and the Rotom formes. FHaxorus also appreciates Dual Screens dual screens support, letting it set up with Dragon Dance while being able to shrug off hits, so Pokemon like Grimmsnarl make good teammates. Bulky Steel-types make great partners for Haxorus, as they deal with Fairy-types that can give it Haxorus trouble and also help against Dragapult, which can revenge kill a Haxorus without many Speed Bboosts. Mimikyu is another great teammate,(AC) for Haxorus (at this point I feel like it's unnecessary) as it can revenge kill Dragapult with ease, while Haxorus can defeat bulky Steel-types that give Mimikyu trouble.

gp 1/1 once done, Milak if you have questions about changes i did or ones i omitted feel free to ask

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)