Lifestyle physical health/fitness thread

But he did say he has now trained 14 years, so that would be 4 years into his hard work, so it's not like that was just lucky genetics. I know that's not what you meant but I wanted to mention it anyway. Lee may not believe he trains particularly hard, but he is certainly very dedicated. You get what you put into things. Thank you for your wisdom Lee.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hit a goal of benching 205 lbs. 10 clean pullups with no assistance machine is next.
Aim for 220, you'e so close to that goal now!

Also there's a part of me that wants to quit football and focus on powerlifting next year. Wasn't even specifically training for it and hit a max of 285lbs, but between my weight loss and my sore body, I can't hit that number at present. I miss feeling like the incredible hulk. My only fear with giving powerlifting a crack is that I don't want to get fat to be good at it haha.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Short weight-gain update:
July 22 -> August 29
135 lbs -> ~147 lbs

A lot of this could be water weight or something, but I've definitely noticed a difference in my physique/body comp/muscle mass. I've been doing pretty intense workouts with a trainer 3x a week with bodyweight stuff on my own sometimes on other days. The eating part has been the roughest for me... I just don't like eating that much even though I know it is necessary. I've been relying on weight gainer shakes probably more than I should be. The trainer part is expensive, but keeps me motivated. I like having set days/times I have to be at the gym--it keeps me accountable. I'll probably post again in another month or so, hopefully with more progress (although it probably won't be as big; things seem to have slowed down).
Update on this... I got pretty sick with strep in October for three weeks which caused me to drop back down below 140. I've seen gained back what I lost and I'm at about 150. This time it seems to be my "true" weight, and not inflated by whatever it was last time. While my weight hasn't skyrocketed, I've continued to see decent strength gains. When I started, I could squat barely anything, and tonight I did 260 lbs (just one rep after some other squatting). My bench press is around 200 as well. Gonna keep it up!

Last edited:
Guess I should give my 5 month progress update.

(Estimated 1RMs)
Bench: bar ---> 155 lbs (70 kg)
OHP: bar ---> 110 lbs (50 kg)
Squat: bar ---> 230 lbs (105 kg)
Deadlift: 95 lbs ---> 295 lbs (135 kg)

I think my DLs would be higher, but I fucked up my lat not paying attention to form and that put me out a couple weeks. Have been working myself back up to that PR and paying special attention to form in doing so.

Couple more months doing a lean, clean bulk (~200 cal above TDEE every day) and then the cut begins, as does a complete body transformation!

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys, so I smoke about a pack a day but I was wondering if there was some shit that I could do that isn't running that gives the same effect? Or something like it

Edit: yeah don't smoke memes

How is everyone doing gym bros? Would be nice to get everyones updates lol Lee Stallion uragg tml xtra$hine

I went back to gym after some looong injury once again lol

Ill need to get back in slowly

Body weight: 59kgs
Squat: went from 95kg back to 70kgs (probably will have to axe this for life man my knees r old lmao)
Deadlift: from 165kgs to 170kgs
Bench: 80kgs to 75kgs

Is there any way to seriously grow your legs without the main compound exercise a.k.a the squat? I got a massive back + traps and tiny twig legs and twig arms man, looks so weird lol.

Also since its winter do any of you guys use anything for your joints in extreme cold weather, my joints r acting up mannnnn :(

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, so I smoke about a pack a day but I was wondering if there was some shit that I could do that isn't running that gives the same effect? Or something like it

Edit: yeah don't smoke memes
nah fam... lung capacity is vital to aerobic function which is vital to cardiovascular fitness which is what you usually run for. Same goes for all kinds of cardio. You can still run or do most cardio stuff for maintenance though just don't expect improvements in time or pace.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
I quit smoking like three weeks ago but bought another pack of Cigarettes about a few days ago and just finished it off last night.

I'm in such a weird position where I don't know if I want to quit but certainly know I don't depend on cigarettes. It's weird, I don't care for them but I enjoy having them around. They're like company while I'm up late reading or on long rides.

I've been taking sarms (specifically lgd-4033) which is a similar ped to an anabolic steriod. I know this is bad, but i have body dysmorphia so the idea of gaining 10 pounds of lean muscle is enamoring to me.

I know I shouldn't do it but oh well.

I recently beat my PRs on 2 of my big 3 lifts and am adding some BJJ to my other martial arts, which is super exciting for me. This is my first week back in it after a bout with bronchitis too.

Squat: 250 lbs.
Deadlift: 335 lbs.
Bench: 155 lbs.

I want to get a little more strength endurance stuff and core work into my workouts on lifting days.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
My girlfriend has started to eat super healthy and walk everywhere, via proximity effect I have also began to eat "healthier" than normal. I walk up stairs instead of using elevators now and I eat actual FRUIT Snacks instead of little gummy fruit snacks when I'm bored.

I've lost like 7 pounds doing literally nothing.

Fitness is EASY.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've been taking sarms (specifically lgd-4033) which is a similar ped to an anabolic steriod. I know this is bad, but i have body dysmorphia so the idea of gaining 10 pounds of lean muscle is enamoring to me.

I know I shouldn't do it but oh well.
Nothing wrong with sarms, LGD-4033 is a good choice too.

Some notes and questions though:

If you have body dysmorphia, you will probably struggle a bit when you inevitably drop a little bit of weight post cycle. So maybe on those grounds it isn't the best idea for you.

What's your diet like and how many calories are you eating?

Age?

Type of training?

How long are you running it for and what's your planned pct?

SOMALIA currently doing a slow bulk right now cause I get too fat from all out bulking every year, and I move and look sloppy as a result. Sitting around 90kgs and am eating around 3000 calories a day. I don't have full on abs, but my stomach does look noticeably better than last year. I got incredibly strong last year but part of that was a product of the fact I was 5-6 kilos heavier than I am now. I would love to break those bench marks and do it without getting too fat in the process.

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
20180228_234545.jpg

It's okay I'll post a shirtless selfie with my face in it Triangles. FYI guys I'm in the middle of a lean bulk for a change with a smaller surplus, and am loving the fact that I'm noticing size gains without losing all stomach definition.

In regards to your above query Triangles, you're definitely doing the right thing. May I ask what your macro split is though? Iifym is great (as long as you're not making a large portion of your carbs sugar, or a large portion of your fats trans fat), but the macros themselves are important so I'm curious to see them. I'd weigh yourself every week, same time of the day, empty stomach and bladder and naked. If your weight gain stagnates for say, 2 weeks, that's where you up your calories. The body can only build a certain amount of muscle at once, so you don't want to put on anything insane. Probably no more than 0.5 kg a week is a good rate to minimise fat gain. Also keep squatting, benching, deadlifting and overhead pressing, they'll add the most mass onto your frame in the shortest time.

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Yo thanks for the advice Stallion . Currently I'm ideally getting in 175g protein, 85g fats, and like 450g carbs/day more or less. That's alongside a very active training setup/lifestyle. My protein sources are usually chicken thighs, ground turkey or beef, salmon, tuna, eggs, and whey supplements. For fat I tend to eat a lot of nuts (cashews/walnuts/almonds), drink a couple cups of whole milk every day, and sometimes cheese and ice cream. For carbs, I go with rice and pasta, potato and sweet potato, and I tend to eat porridge or muesli at breakfast. I also eat a lot of fruit and drink fruit juice which is prob not great for contributing to my carb intake tho. I keep my micros pretty well cuz I eat vegetables with most meals. I'd say I eat junk food once a week or so. And yeah it is early days in terms of weight gain, it has been going pretty well this last couple months and I will be careful about adjusting the macros and keeping it controlled.

Stallion

Tree Young
IMG_20180423_084629_510.jpg

IMG_20180423_084629_507.jpg

IMG_20180423_084629_508.jpg

Bump for body scan results taken a year apart to the day. In the last 52 weeks, there were about 14 weeks of strict dieting. There was about 3 weeks after that that were a free for all in America. 14 weeks this year where I haven't been on a strict diet but I've been watching what I eat and making better choices. And 20 weeks where I was eating everything in sight to get bigger and stronger, but with zero regard for my waist.

The result is a massive net improvement, having gained close to 8kg of muscle (17.6lbs) while having lost over 7% body fat during the same time period.

This is with a sub par diet for half that duration too, so while I'm sitting here feeling pleasantly surprised with how far I've come, I also know I've got a lot of improvement left in me.

My athleticism is at an all time high right now as well, I'm finally making inroads into being the perfect blend of strength and speed. For reference, I'm attempting 48 inch box jumps for 3 reps next week after doing 42 inches comfortably this week. I've also go an nfl style combine held by my football club this week which I'm very excited for.

My goals for the next calendar year are to get to around 10-12% body fat (any leaner and it's detrimental for contact sport), with my lean muscle mass increasing along with my athleticism over that period.

How's everyone else been doing?

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi!

how have you all been, loves?
I know i have been absent most of the time, and i def owe you all multiple (fitness)updates, but there is one issue that is more pressing.

Summer is coming. are you ready?
a (1).gif

Last edited:

Ninahaza

Hopefully this wont be taken as spam given the timeline between posts(LAWL), anywho.

Currently:

0012.jpg

Its been a lazy summer for me this year, fitness wise. I am a little too flabby for my standards. Perhaps too many vacations in a short period of time. #blessed

Expectation at the end of my bulk sometime around Christmas:

00101.jpg

A fairly recent picture, and usually this would be my Halloween goal. However, given my lazy summer this year, the goal has become a Christmas one instead of a Halloween one
#PraiseJesusFuckSatan

Overall here is the expectation for my end bulk when 2019 rolls around.

0101010.jpg

This frame.
If recent years have indicated any patterns, I will not achieve my Halloween goals but completely smash through and go beyond my end year goals. i will try to come back and post the end results of this years bulk...........key word try.

Happy lifting/healthy life-styling

Ninahaza

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Now that I'm back at school, I've started taking a 40-minute spin on the stationary bike every morning; it's kind of been wearing me down over the rest of the day but I am hoping the fatigue will begin to ebb a bit soon. Hopefully I can also begin to boost my ailing push-up / pull-up bests to their former glory (45 / 17 specifically), but with the nearest pull-up bar so far away who knows when I might be making headway on that.
Small steps, but I hope to have cut away some at my love handles and built up my arms again come wintertime :)

Ninahaza

i am a big fan of people taking advantage of campus (workout)facilities, if thats what you meant.

also about the pull-ups issue, there are many alternatives if you are interested. never let a certain equipment slow you down. just let me know

You can workout the same muscles and then whenever you have proper pull ups equipment, your progress will show regardless

Reactions: BP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)