Monotype Heartbroken [Psychic]

(some nice lofi music, fits the theme of this team pretty well so you can go along with it)

HEARTBROKEN
:ss/gardevoir: :ss/necrozma: :ss/jirachi: :ss/celebi: :ss/indeedee: :ss/hatterene:

Hello, I am RottenInfernape and this is my Psychic team I will be featuring on RMT. As a recent Monotype player, Psychic has been a peak out of the box for me. It has a very unique varity of Pokemon choices like no other mono has and has been gaining me some success. From using Reuniclus to Gallade teams, I will be deciding to use and post this one as it seems the most interesting.

QUICK TEAM ANALYSIS

:gardevoir:

I knew I had to put Gardevoir on the team as it has good matchup against Dark and Dragons and is an overall decent revenge killer. Trace has also really helped me in some battles.

:gardevoir: :necrozma:
Autotomize + WP Necrozma seemed like a good fit as it is punishes standard attackers and U-turn clickers thanks to Prism Armor and can weaken a single team in return. It's good coverage moves in Heat Wave + EP also help support Gardevoir in taking down Steel types, most notably Aegislash.
:gardevoir: :necrozma: :jirachi:
Jirachi has good matchup against a number of threats such as Galar Darmanitan, Mimikyu, Cloyster, etc. it's good typing and useful Healing Wish is also really appreciative for the team. Choice Scarf + Trick has also helped me

:gardevoir: :necrozma: :jirachi: :celebi:
Celebi is the usual water resist of the team as well as a rocker, which is really important for weakening pokemon and applying pressure during the battle.

:gardevoir: :necrozma: :jirachi: :celebi: :indeedee:
My team needed some kind of ghost switch-in, so I knew I had to add in Indeedee. It's Choice Specs boosted power, useful coverage and Psychic Terrain also make Indeedee really useful.
:gardevoir: :necrozma: :jirachi: :celebi: :indeedee: :hatterene:
A late-game cleaner + a hazard preventer + outspeeding basically any mon with Trick Room seemed really good for this team. Extra better dark matchup is also always nice.

THE SQUAD OF MADNESS

:ss/gardevoir:

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

This is the usual set for Scarf Gardevoir. Moonblast and Psychic are the STABs, and Focus Blast hits Ice, Normal, Steel types (that aren't Aegislash) bulkier mons like Tyranitar etc. Energy Ball is really good for Water and Grounds, especially since thanks to it's ability Trace, it can copy Swift Swim off of rain abusers such as Seismitoad and Barraskewda so it still holds really good speed control. Trace also lets Gardevoir check banded Zeraora as it becomes immune to Plasma Fists. BTW just a reminder that Gardevoir does not outspeed Scarf Duraludon, so you might just wanna switch out into a Celebi and U-Turn into Indeedee and probably kill it that way.

:ss/necrozma:

Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Autotomize
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power

I find this Necrozma set to be useful sometimes, even if it can be more of a cleaner than an actual sweeper. You just Autotomize, hopefully get a +2 boost and deal great damage that way. For its STAB move, I was trying to decide between Stored Power and Photon Geyser, but I ended up choosing the latter as it deals with Haze Toxapex better and ignores abilities as a side-note. Heat Wave is good for hitting standard mons that resist Photon Geyser or EP and Ferrothorn/Aegislash. Earth Power is great for Electric and Fire mono, especially since Photon Geyser can deal with the mons who resist EP, like Rotom Wash and Charizard.

:ss/jirachi:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Choice Scarf Jirachi is useful for hitting opponents with Iron Head and desiring flinch hax, Tricking choice scarfs into bulky walls such as Corviknight or setup sweepers and the ability to Healing Wish and U-Turn fast. Healing Wish allows you to pass on momentum to your team, as well as reviving a teammate with full health and no status conditions. With Jirachi, fairy matchup is easily winnable in this team, as well as ice. For ice, Avalugg can afford a 2HKO but it is fairly easy to knock it out with the special attackers this team has.

:ss/celebi:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 168 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- U-turn

Celebi is the defensive backbone of this team as well as the water resist which keeps check in Pokémon like Dracovish and Crawdaunt. As the rocker of the team, it utilizes in 16 speed EVs to speed tie with Aegislash, Tyranitar, Grimmsnarl, etc in order to have a chance to get rocks up faster. Celebi also uses Recover so it can last longer and continue to switch in to water types, as it can be problematic for this team. Of course, U-Turn is another key for momentum.

:ss/indeedee:

Indeedee (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Shadow Ball

Indeedee is a must-have on any Psychic team imo, as Psychic Terrain spreads around the team making it more tough to defeat and is an overall powerful attacker with Choice Specs. As I mentioned earlier, it's immunity to Ghost types helps it switch in to common threats like Dragapult (most notably choice scarf) choiced gengar you get the idea. It's moveset is pretty standard but effective, as it's more reliant on beating steel and dark types with Mystical Fire and Dazzling Gleam. Shadow Ball is a bit optional tbh, as most of the time Indeedee should be using Psychic on non-resistant Ghost types.

:ss/hatterene:

Hatterene (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire

Finally, Hatterene glues up the team as a way to prevent hazards thanks to Magic Bounce and it's late-game cleaning abilities. Hatterene has fantastic speed control due to Trick Room being beneficent in outspeeding pretty much any Pokemon. Sitrus Berry keeps Hatterene alive and synergizes well with its maxed out HP. Other than that, Hatterene's moveset is pretty standard. The combination of Psychic + Mystical Fire + Dazzling Gleam is pretty good.

That has been the whole team, and I hoped you enjoyed my take on the Psychic monotype. Overall, I think the team is pretty good from my perspective. If you have any feedback or suggestions on this team please reply and thanks :heart:.

THREATS
:ss/cloyster:

Cloyster ruins this team after only one Shell Smash. The only way to beat Cloyster is by using Jirachi, but it must be in good condition. If Cloyster is Kings Rock, then it's frail enough to die to this team in a single hit (otherwise, just don't get flinched if it manages to setup.)

:ss/bisharp:

Legit hate this thing. It destroys all my mons as well after one Swords Dance and uses Sucker Punch to outspeed them. A few tips you could use to beat Bisharp is by predicting Sucker Punch. For example, Jirachi can trick Choice Scarf onto Bisharp, so now it's only locked into one move and just keep switching out until it eventually runs out of PP and struggles or Bisharp just switches out itself. The team is also good in dealing with Bisharp on their own besides Celebi, so you should be fine on that part.

REPLAYS

IMPORTABLE
Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 168 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- U-turn
Indeedee (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Shadow Ball
Hatterene (F) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire

Conflux

big boy diamonds
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, pretty solid team overall. I only got a few changes to recommend.

Major Changes

Necrozma -> Mew

->

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Mew is a far better Steel breaker with its access to Nasty Plot, Fire Blast, and Vacuum Wave combined with better bulk and more Speed than Necrozma. Its coverage also allows it to be amazing in other match-ups such as Ice, Dark, and Dragon, while Colbur Berry allows it to survive super effective Dark move from the likes of Weavile and Bisharp and set up on them, while also having Vacuum Wave to handle them.

Minor Changes

Gardevoir

Energy Ball isn't too necessary when you already have Celebi, so suggesting Thunderbolt instead to OHKO Pelipper as well as hit other Flying-types such as Mantine and Corviknight. Focus Blast also doesn't seem too useful because your other Pokemon already cover the match-ups Focus Blast would be useful for such as Ice, which is handled by Jirachi and Mew, Steel which is handled by Mew and Indeedee, Dark which you have Moonblast for anyway, and against Normal Focus Blast doesn't make a huge difference because Snorlax takes it pretty well anyway. Instead I suggest using Healing Wish even though Jirachi already has it because it's way too useful in my opinion, especially in the Steel matchup if you need to heal up Mew multiple times.

Indeedee

With the addition of Dazzling Gleam Mew you no longer need Dazzling Gleam on Indeedee, so I suggest using Trick instead. Yes I know double Healing Wish and double Trick might sound weird but I've been using it for a long time and think it's great. Very useful for stallbreaking some troublesome Pokemon such as Curse Snorlax and having multiple opportunities to do so if the first time you fail because most people see Trick Jirachi coming, so they might get caught off guard by double Trick.

Hatterene

Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Draining Kiss
- Trick Room / Dark Pulse

No need for Mystical Fire on Hatterene since you have it on Indeedee and we added NP Mew, so instead I'd go with a defensive variant because Calm Mind + Draining Kiss is deadly due to how much HP it recovers back and can be problematic for a lot of teams to deal with. As the last move you can go with either Trick Room or Dark Pulse for the Psychic mirror, either option is fine.

:ss/gardevoir: :ss/mew: :ss/jirachi: :ss/celebi: :ss/indeedee: :ss/hatterene:
[click on the sprites for importable]

Hope you like my suggestions, good luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)