Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hogger is pretty meh, simply because his presence on board is easy to remove by turn 6. The 2/2 taunt is very easy to remove and his own 4/4 body isnt much harder as by turn six your opponent will have things like Yetis, or much worse, out.

Tirion is potentially the strongest late game card in the game imo, if your opponent dosent silence/hex/polymorph he can win games by himself. He's like a +2/0 Sunwalker who also gives you an arcanite reaper with +1 durability. Thats worth close to 12 mana and he only costs 8. Paladin hasn't been in the best spot for a while but late game pally isn't terrible right now as everyone will assume you're playing aggro and more than likely misplay early game/mulligan incorrectly.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
The thing I hate about playing Pally atm is how utterly vulnerable I'm towards priests since I still haven't got my hands on Equality. And they just walk over with their shadow spells and the shitty Inner Power shenanigans. I like sunwalker because it's close to invulnerable since both Shadow Word: Pain and Death can't kill it. Without some very specific and essential cards I cannot possibly build a lategame deck in a meta flooded with zoos and miracle rogues.

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
I know man. It's just that without these said cards, Paladin is a terrible matchup against Priest.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Tirion's good but the popular paladin deck atm is aggro paladin (called shockadin by people, i hate the name so i just call it aggro) because it had good matchups vs miracle and handlock which make up a large portion of the ladder. Unfortunately, you won't be able to play him until midrange/tempo paladin comes back into popularity because he's too slow for aggro.

Hogger's meh, he's a completionist card.

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
Indications are it wasn't really his fault. Just an overhelpful anal friend watching the stream. I mean you can't really turn off the chat ingame, so if anyone's at fault, it's Blizzard actually who didn't think of providing such functionality. I'm surprised it hasn't happened earlier.

EDIT: Even Amaz is cool with it. https://twitter.com/LiquidAmaz/status/478669586783821824

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
shitty situation, hard to tell if RDU is a victim of people trolling him or if it was legit ghosting... the good thing is people learn from this and hearthstone can become better as it goes on, disabling chat has to be a must now for future tournaments... there must be some way to disable it under bnet settings (not sure tbh)

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The message didn't even matter, seriously the kid blew amaz out of the water, one message telling him he had a bow and hunters mark when the game was pretty much over means nothing. People who are pissed at Rdu should just find the friend and focus their angry on him. What a giant douche, how could he think that would help...

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
With an Ice Block up and two fireballs in hand, it was over anyway. So yeah whatever ^Joeyboy said.

Matthew what's your control Paladin build? I've only been playing for a few weeks, but I got lucky enough to get Tirion in a pack, so I've been putting all of my dust into that.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Matthew what's your control Paladin build? I've only been playing for a few weeks, but I got lucky enough to get Tirion in a pack, so I've been putting all of my dust into that.
As my budget for decks has gotten bigger and bigger so has my control Paladin deck. I run:

Creatures:
Wild Pyromancer x2
Bloodmage Thalnos x1
Argent Protector x 2
Fairy Dragon x 2
Earthern Ring Farseer x2
Big Game Hunter x 1
Aldor Peacekeeper x 2
Harvest Golem x 2
Chillwind Yeti x 2
Stampeding Kodo x 1
Sylvanus Windrunner x 1
Cairne Bloodhoof x 1
Guardian of Kings x 1
Tirion Fordring x 1
Ragnaros the Fire Lord x 1

Spells:
Equality x 2
Consecration x 2

Weapons:
Sword of Justice x 2
Truesilver Champion x 2

edit:

I have a cheaper version somewhere in this thread let me find it

edit 2:

Here you go:

I'd like to remind you, if you choose to use this deck, that it was made probably 4 metagames ago and only got me to rank 5-4. So it's not likely to be really good in this meta. But it's a start I suppose!

Last edited:
As my budget for decks has gotten bigger and bigger so has my control Paladin deck. I run:

Creatures:
Wild Pyromancer x2
Bloodmage Thalnos x1
Argent Protector x 2
Fairy Dragon x 2
Earthern Ring Farseer x2
Big Game Hunter x 1
Aldor Peacekeeper x 2
Harvest Golem x 2
Chillwind Yeti x 2
Stampeding Kodo x 1
Sylvanus Windrunner x 1
Cairne Bloodhoof x 1
Guardian of Kings x 1
Tirion Fordring x 1
Ragnaros the Fire Lord x 1

Spells:
Equality x 2
Consecration x 2

Weapons:
Sword of Justice x 2
Truesilver Champion x 2

edit:

I have a cheaper version somewhere in this thread let me find it
Out of curiosity, why no Avenging Wrath or Lay On Hands?

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Out of curiosity, why no Avenging Wrath or Lay On Hands?
I find those cards too slow in the metagame. Where this deck doesn't have any card draw the use of it is to get value out of every single card. You survive the early game with the Dragons + Argent combo, clear the board with Pyro and Equality, while consecration handles zoo.

Avenging Wrath is a huge Arcane Missles but it's better suited to rush decks, and Lay on Hands could find its way into the deck (over Thalnos I suppose) but I've never really liked dedicating my entire turn to gaining health and drawing cards.

Matthew

ANYWAY I'm glad the meta has stabilized and the new Zoo is a bit more about board control than face. Also glad people realize the new miracle (with drakes and farseers) is just as bad as the old miracle was so it stopped getting attention. Kitkatz Breserker should get more play now, though I don't know if the Deathwing version will be more dominant with all these Druids around.

Harrison is going to be useless again now that Shaman and Warrior have been trumped by Druid and Warlock, best get him out of the decks, and I still have high hopes for Burn Mage this meta, just need the Druids to stop running Healing Touch.

I called it.

I fucking called it.

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
What the actual fuck. Some luck dancing around Rag, but extreme confidence in his deck combo skills and actually making it long last long enough.

What a spectacular fucking comeback.

What the actual fuck. Some luck dancing around Rag, but extreme confidence in his deck combo skills and actually making it long last long enough.
Also dancing around his opponents ability to play, that druid made some real dodgy decisions there

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
Not the first person to make a misstep when things don't go his way despite being overwhelmingly in favour.

Yeah, the Druid actually had lethal if he chose the 2 damage on his second Keeper, I think? (or was it first Keeper, idr and cba to watch a 3rd time)

Still, made the game more epic :P

Hit rank 5 two nights ago, but dropped back to 6. The grind is real now but I can't give up on legend. I've hit the home stretch.

Yeah, the Druid actually had lethal if he chose the 2 damage on his second Keeper, I think? (or was it first Keeper, idr and cba to watch a 3rd time)
The better line for the druid is to silence his own rag with that first keeper (letting rag attack face and break the ice block or really just attack and kill the doomsayer)

saving a keeper to silence a frozen minion would also probably have done just fine...

the game was crazy though, I had incidentally stopped by the stream at the time and the chat was rightfully going ballistic

Last edited:

_Tonks_

Anyone have any Rogue Decks they're willing to share? I recent got into the game and really like early game Rogue aggro.

ALSO The TCG Room on PS will eventually be hosting Hearthstone tournaments, you can PM me to find out more details.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)