Heavy Metal

This is my team for the unofficial Monotype metagame. After experimenting with several types, I have concluded that Steel is my strong point, due to many resistances, few weaknesses, and a variety of secondary types.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Skarmory is my usual lead due to its moveset and immunity to ground type moves (common on opposing leads against this team). After setting up stealth rock, I will shuffle potential threats using whirlwind, heal with roost, or bide time with spikes (also increasing damage to >25% on the switch in). Whirlwind is very useful to eliminate substitutes and stat boosters, ehich no one likes dealing with. Racking up hazard damage is another great use.

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

This is my fire absorber. I usually bait with Ferrothorn or switch right from Skarmory, to great effect. Heatran is the bane to most fire teams, but obviously is weaker to water and (especially) ground type teams, but that is what other team members are for. Substitute has come in handy for absorbing potentially fatal hits. Substitute is also handy for blocking the occasional status move, although Heatran is not usually a target for status. Toxic is an extremely wasteful move that sees next to no use.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Pursuit
- U-turn

Scizor is the late-game cleanup sweeper of my team. This set should most definately have a fighting move, although I don't much like the thought of being locked into superpower. So far, I have to hope the last pokemon on their steel team are metagross, jirachi, or ferrothorn, and will be forced to use bug bite until the finish.

Empoleon @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Roar

While this party slot has changed a few times, I keep gravitating back to Empoleon due to its lack of a fire weakness. I am unsure whether to use Life Orb or Choice Specs, but like life orb more for the ability to adapt to the new switch ins as well as additional shuffling.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

Jirachi is probably the best attacker on my team, not because of its power, but because of the opponents inability to use any attacks while paralyzed under a barrage of iron heads for ultimate para-flinch. With a 60% chance to paralyze with body slam and a 60% chance to flinch with iron head, this makes an effective sweeper.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is a great utility, being able to fill in the missed roles of a couple team members as well as set up. Leech seed is a handy recovery for not only Ferrothorn, but my own switch ins too. Spikes is for finishing what Skarmory couldn't finish if it went down too early. Thunder wave is useful for slowing opponents down, and making Jirachi's job a little easier. Power whip is vital for battling rain teams if empoleon were to go down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)