Heavy Offensive OU Team

Hey guys, here's the team I came up with after a bit of scouting through the Stark Mountain thread. I know it may look pretty generic, but I've added my own little touches to the sets and I am currently enjoying a good amount of success with it. I am, however, still having trouble sometimes, but I'm finding it hard to pinpoint why. Anyway, without further ado, here's the team at a glance:

And here's the Team in depth:

Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
Weaknesses:
Bug covered by Lucario, Salmence, Scizor
Ghost covered by Lucario, Tyranitar, Scizor
Dark covered by Lucario, Tyranitar, Scizor

Quite a standard Azelf lead, sets up Rocks and then Screens so my sweepers can come out in relative safety and set up. The set is rounded out nicely by explosion, allowing the little guy to do a good amount of damage and keep up the momentum of the team.

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk/252 Spd/26 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
Weaknesses:
Ice covered by Lucario, Scizor
Dragon covered by Lucario, Scizor
Rock covered by Lucario

Another fairly standard set, Dragon Dance is easy enough to use if you switch in on something he resists, which is quite a few things. After 2 or 3 Dances, I proceed to Earthquake or Fire Blast if the enemy is weak to it. If not, I use Outrage, which is good at luring out the opponents Steel types to deal with it, after that I try to use Fire Blast when Outrage runs out. If it fails, I let him faint and bring out Tyranitar or perhaps Lucario to set up and deal with the steel type. If they switch out I then have a free DD or SD.

Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk/232 Spd/26 SAtk
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Substitute
Weaknesses:
Dragon covered by Lucario, Scizor

Sub Dance Kingdra is fantastic, bulky, has almost no weaknesses and can sweep anything except Empoleon with Waterfall and Outrage. I chose Sniper over Swift Swim because a) I don't have a Rain Dancer, b) I use Tyranitar's Sand stream and c) Sniper is potentially a great ability, so I feel like there's nothing to lose by using it.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 34 HP/252 Atk/224 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance
- Roost
Weaknesses:
Fire covered by Kingdra, Tyranitar, Salamence

SD Scizor is the set of choice here. While I know so many people swear by CB Scizor, he doesn't fit the Heavy Offensive theme I have going with this team. Bullet punch for STAB, and for Priority. Brick Break is to cover the Types Bullet Punch does not. Roost keeps me healthy after a couple of Swords Dances.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance
Weaknesses:
Fire covered by Kingdra, Tyranitar, Salamence
Fighting covered by Azelf, Salamence
Ground covered by Azelf, Salamence

SD Lucario is a great set. Extremespeed is what makes this set what it is, allowing him to go before any other move, even other priority moves. A surprisingly small number of pokemon resist it as well, with any that do being hit at least normally by either Close Combat or Crunch. These 2 attacks are also good at taking out Bulky defenders that are slower than Lucario. Similar to Salamence, it is relatively easy to find an opportunity to set up with Lucario, given that he has so many resistances, and only 1 weakness. All in all he is an excellent sweeper, who can easily sweep through entire teams with Extremespeed after 2 SDs. After 3 he can OHKO almost anything.

Tyranitar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
Weaknesses:
Water covered by Kingdra, Salamence
Grass covered by Salamence, Scizor, Lucario
Fighting covered by Azelf, Salamence
Ground covered by Azelf, Salamence
Bug covered by Lucario, Salamence, Scizor
Steel covered by Kingdra, Scizor, Lucario

Last but not least, DDTyranitar. He rounds out the team nicely, and his STAB Crunch and Stone Edge are incredibly powerful after a DD or 2, and after 2 he outspeeds almost anything in the Metagame as well. He has a lot of weaknesses, but once he has set himself up, this becomes irrelevant. Fire Punch rounds the set off nicely, taking out Bronzong and Breloom, to name the most irritating of pokemon used to either wall or try to kill this set.

All round, its a fairly standard Heavy Offensive team. The idea is to begin with Azelf setting up Double Screens, then after Exploding bring in someone who is resistant to my opponents pokemon, then set up and sweep, once the sweeping pokemon faints, rinse and repeat.
This team epitomises the idea of no prediction, it is all about long sweeps and making the occasional sacrifice when necessary. It can be a bit weak to poison and paralysis. That said, it has performed better than any team I have ever used before.

Let me know what you think!

it is relatively easy to find an opportunity to set up with Lucario, given that he has so many resistances, and only 1 weakness.
Lucario's got 3 weaknesses actually, just a nitpick. I use a team similar to this and it works well, it'a main weakness is powerful priority attack and scarfers. I use Taunt and Uturn on my Azelf instead of the screens, I've found using two turns to get up screens usually puts you behind in the setup game, and often you will have to waste an explosion on something in order to keep momentum, whereas with Uturn you won't have to.

Just some nitpicks about Azelf - Running both Timid and Explosion on this Azelf set is a poor choice. I suggest running Taunt over Explosion, as residual damage hurts each pokemon's (particularly mence's) longevity, and it also stops other opponents from similarly taunting you, leaving you without screens up.

Just some nitpicks about Azelf - Running both Timid and Explosion on this Azelf set is a poor choice. I suggest running Taunt over Explosion, as residual damage hurts each pokemon's (particularly mence's) longevity, and it also stops other opponents from similarly taunting you, leaving you without screens up.
yea, with a set like that, running jolly is better...although, in my HO team, I use a CB trick azelf, because it can give opportunities for the other pokes to setup, and tricking a scarf can be dangerous-their leads can become revenge killers later in the match
On Scizor, I think using roost's not so suitable. It's a HO team, right? using Roost just makes you lose your momentum...you'd want to hit as hard as possible before dying. Therefore, I suggest using Bug Bite instead. Also, LO Superpower can OHKO Magnezone & Heatran, whereas Brick Break can't, so you might wanna try that as well. Brick Break helps vs other dual screen teams though:toast:
Also, I think you should try +Spe nature on your pokes-Lucario, Mence and TTar. With Naive nature, Mence can at least tie with scarf flygon & scarf jirachi, so it lessen the threat from scarfers. With Jolly, TTar can outspeed base 115s after a ddance, which can help in a lot of situations, like, vs Starmie. For Lucario, well, gotta say I love jolly because it usually outspeeds Zapdos & Rotom (except scarved ones), but sometimes the power drop is annoying, for example, being unable to KO Skarmory, so well, just try and choose for yourself :heart:
Good luck with the team

Nice use of HO but there are some little things:

*Babiri berry (steel resist) works better on tyranitar as it lets it survive a possible KO from scizors choice band bullet punch and OHKO with fire punch. (You could switch out but in your team switching around weakens your sweepers). Also jolly nature is better to outrun positive natured azelf and starmie, after a dragon dance.

*Ask sprinkles for a rate; he wrote a thread on Heavy Offensive and understands it better than most.
This is him http://www.smogon.com/forums/member.php?u=36483

@TVboyCanti - you make a good point, I'll give those attacks a try, but I do like the double screens ability to let me set up. I might replace Explosion with U-turn, but I like the power it gives.

@jester - thanks for pointing that out, I originally ran Draco Meteor over Substitute, but after changing it i forgot to alter the EVs accordingly.

@luungoc2005 - thanks, i have been considering running speed over power natures, but so far I've had no trouble outspeeding others, and on the priority users it certainly isn't necessary.

@DIABLO69 - I have never come across someone using Scizor on my TTar, maybe I just haven't used the team enough, but when I do I may well see the need for the Babiri berry. I'll PM Sprinkles for a rate, thanks for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)