HEIL RYUSUKE

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah don't understand the hate on cybertron at all, he's definitely one of the few VGC players I actually like quite a lot. Unwarranted imo, doesn't really cause drama either. Come on faint man. Theres like 10 other US representatives you coulda hated on :(

Stratos

Banned deucer.
while what stone cold said is the truth, even if cybertron was a baby rapist i couldn't bring myself to make fun of someone who lost to parafusion, it's like mocking someone whose family died in the holocaust

in all seriousness:

I know this is all in good fun, though I took it more as a personal attack than anything when I first saw the thread, which I didn't get because I don't really know you guys and it kind of came out of nowhere. I thought I handled myself pretty well for how unlucky I got in games 2 and 3, especially since I lost $1,500 and a trip to next year's Worlds because of it. I get really into the game when I play (whether it's because I'm winning or losing). Ryosuke was just as energetic when things went his way. I gave him a firm handshake and wished him the best of luck after he defeated me. You can read my thoughts on my experience here: http://imgur.com/pVbOUzu

Sorry for being a dick in my first post, I was just a butthurt from seeing this thread. It's all good now

Last edited:
in all seriousness:

I know this is all in good fun, though I took it more as a personal attack than anything when I first saw the thread, which I didn't get because I don't really know you guys and it kind of came out of nowhere. I thought I handled myself pretty well for how unlucky I got in games 2 and 3, especially since I lost $1,500 and a trip to next year's Worlds because of it. I get really into the game when I play (whether it's because I'm winning or losing). Ryosuke was just as energetic when things went his way. I gave him a firm handshake and wished him the best of luck after he defeated me. You can read my thoughts on my experience here: http://imgur.com/pVbOUzu

Sorry for being a dick in my first post, I was just a butthurt from seeing this thread. It's all good now
I never saw your first post so it's cool, but this wasn't a direct attack on you. I'm pretty sure you knew that since I don't think either of us are familiar with eachother. I don't play or follow VGC, however I wanted Ryusuke to win because my friends and I kept saying his name like Ryunosuke (a character from Fate/Zero). Even during his match with Sejun I was the only person cheering him on because why not. The whole fistpumping thing that rj said was just a joke lol. Obviously people are gonna get hyped and shit in a situation that you were in (I played competitive Gears of War for 3 years so trust me I've seen much worse). Congrats on your success and thank you for being a good sport.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
in all seriousness:

You did nothing wrong dude.

I don't care who you are or what character you're playing, playing against someone Ryusuke on a national level, who is by all rights a top player and losing multiple chances to win through hax like that is daunting and scary. Even the most battle-hardened players can't shake that feeling off. So I really don't understand why people are getting on your case for showing anger and frustration during that last match.

in all seriousness:

im just going to say that i have nothing against you as a person, i don't know you, nor do i have anything against nuggetbridge except those mean guys last night (who my post was directed to) cuz they banned us for any and all joke making :/

that being said, like i said earlier, i thought you didn't really act like a good rep in some cases but i understand, its a worlds tourney and its a dramatic thing. i'd really just say its not a personal attack vs you at all (hell tbh thought you left smogon), but just to poke fun at the guys who banned us yesterday. i also have to note that i personally liked ryosuke and the way everyone was attacking/insulting him yesterday went beyond national pride...so this thread is to fuck with those assholes too.

trust, its not a personal attack or slight vs you. im glad that you can laugh it off though that is real maturity so you have my props for that

in all seriousness:

I don't really know much about vgc, nor have I watched the battles.. But reading your thoughts on the experience, I really respect how passionate you are about the game, and your family. It must be great being able to share something like this with your brother, I'm actually quite jealous considering I rarely even see mine :P.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm the one who got haxed out but I didn't show any bitterness towards him at all because I could have played the games better. Sorry for people shitting on Ryosuke, I personally am a bit upset about how I went out but I know he did what he had to do to win our set, I can't control how other people feel about the game. Playing VGC since the start, you learn to be mature about your losses and deal with all this shit. I think a lot of people in my position would have stormed off the stage after such a heartbreaking loss but like I said I just shook his hand and wished him good luck, we even took a lot of pictures today and joked around about it.

But don't get me wrong, I didn't act like the best of sports either and probably took it too far. To each their own, I guess. However, it was the first time I was streamed in front of the entire world and I was just so excited to be there, especially since I was only four games away from becoming world champion. I've definitely taken the comments to heart and will try my best to not to come off as disrespectful if I am ever on Pokemon's stream again.

Glad we're all ok now though, I know you all mean no harm and all seem like cool guys.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
lol, hax abandoned him in the finals.

Also props to the Italian guy, to be first euro to win the Worlds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)