Hello Smogon! :D First OU RMT

well hi i'm new to smogon, not so new to competitive battles, so i thought i'd have my team rated :D please rate//comment//POSITIVE Critisism. :)

ok here goes.

at a glance;

"OmfgzzzFish" Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed 240HP//216DEF//52SPATT
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Stealth Rock
Roar

In one word this pokemon is amazing. It can set up rocks almost ALL of the time, and takes hits like a Beast. I know that most people suggest 252/252 For HP and DEF-to live a +1 LO Outrage from Salamence, but i dont encounter any of these/Dont let them set up. I rarely have problems with them anyways. I chose Roar over Surf because the type coverage is the same, and I can phase with roar. My lead and physical sponge.

"HappyFeet:)" Empoleon @ Leftovers
Calm 252SPDEF//252HP//6DEF
Surf
Ice Beam(?)
Toxic
Protect

Ok, so here I have the Special Wall of my team. It also functions as a toxi-staller against bulky waters i cant take down. It has VERY good synergy with my team(IMO d;) and can take hits like a BEAST. I cant stress this enough. It also serves as a status absorber(Twaves Coming from Blissey,Togekiss etc.), since its not the fastest poke, I dont mind taking a twave. One of my most valuable team mates.

"InfernoApe" Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive 252ATT//252SPE//6HP
Firepunch
Close Combat
Thunderpunch
Stone Edge

Now what can i say, Ape is fast is fast and can pack such a big punch. Before you say, he is purely physical because i HATE putting ev's into two different attacking stats. I find this set works for me better than if I were to have a Mixape(I've tried, not so hot). Stone edge KO's salamence with SR damage. And because a lot of people like to switch in Gyarados onto this guy, I pack Thunderpunch. The only reason its on there. The nature is sortof random, but it was the best one that hatched, and it had this nature, so i say whatever to people who say i should have Jolly. My physical attacker.

Salamence "1337Mence" @ Life Orb

Lonely 255ATT//255SPE
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Outrage
(moveset made before i found out what smogon was :D)

Ok so I suppose this is a "Standard Mence". Anyway, I had Fireblast instead of Stone Edge before, but I found the damage output was too low(as I had no SpAtt Ivs). I checked my IVS and its special attack IV is 6 :(. So I got rid of Fire Blast and put Stone Edge, so i dont have to get locked into an Outrage against another Mence/Gyara. I've swept many a team with this(although its hard to pull off >.<). Mainly, He is a "1HKO" ' er. Seeing as I rarely set up with all those Ice Shard-Weaviles running around. One of the best pokes on my team.

"Titan!" Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Modest 255SPATT//255SPE
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
HiddenPower(ICE)
Destiny Bond

Two words for ya, REVENGE KILLER. Outspeeds everything with 477 speed. Even DD'd Mences/Gyaras. Not much to say here. Destiny Bond for pokes I can't kill, but will outspeed. A MUST on this team.

now, in this last slot i have a weavile, but i'm HIGHLY in need of seeing if this is worth a teamslot. it is my fastest poke, but i think there may be another poke that may be of use to my team. any suggestions?...but here it is;

"ISeeStars" Weavile @Life Orb
Jolly 255ATT//255SPE
Swords Dance
Night Slash
Brick Break
Icepunch

He defenitely has his uses on my team, but for the most part, I find that its just there to take up space -.- and with another weakness to stealth rock, eh. He IS the best thing I have against Cresselia, and has Ice STAB for Dragons. Weavile has its place on my team for now, but please, any suggestions for replacements? Thanks

I've used this team in A LOT of wifi battles(i dont battle on shoddy-i barely know what it is) and have gotten a lot of wins. Its a successful team for me and if i lose its often because of hax or because i wasnt thinking straight. but there are some major threats. here;

Scizor.
Once hes SD'D and Swampert is out, I'm pretty much done. I always live a Bullet punch with ape, but if thats out of the match, I might as well say gg.

LATIAS. Scarf latias is my biggest nightmare, by far. Gengar is my only counter to this (assuming Latias doesnt win speed tie) and even with SR damage, it can live a Shadow Ball. Urgh, I hate this thing.

METAGROSS This thing just never dies. Leads are the worst. Because most carry Shuca Berry, Swampert isnt going to be laying much hurt on it.

Zapdos Hes not really a threat to my team, just a pain to take down. I'm scared of staying in with Swampert(as most carry HP Grass). But I cant switch to Empoleon, because it wont be around too long taking thunderbolts from this thing. Stone Edge from Ape rarely kills even with SR damage, and i'm KO'ed by TBolt. But I usually get it down quickly.

Swampert Not a threat, just annoying. Lead Pert VS Lead Pert. I find myself in this situation more than often. I usually roar because I cant do anything against it, then set up rocks, but EVERY Pert I face is faster than mine, so they set up rocks first. I lack grass moves on my team, so this may need fixing.

Everything else is only a minor threat to me. I've had a lot of success with this team, so now i'm coming to you guys to rate it Thanks :D (sorry if this page is bland xD)

Nice team. Some comments:

Swampert: Those special attack EVs aren't really doing anything, as long as SR gets out, you arent missing anything terribly important. Put it in SpD so Swampert can take a random grass move without dying.

Empoleon: Here I would suggest a specially defensive Latias. Why? Latias has higher special defense and access to recovery (you trade an electric weakness for an ice weakness, but imo electric attacks generally are more threatening).

Infernape: You probably want U-Turn over Stone Edge or ThunderPunch. They get redundant coverage most of the time, and with U-Turn Infernape can scout switch-ins and sometimes get really nice hits on Latias switchins.

Salamence: Fire Blast over Stone Edge

Gengar: Trick is more useful than Destiny Bond. Screws over more defensively oriented pokemon, and gengar can still stay around to utilize that massive 130 base special attack.

Weavile: You definitely want Ice Shard over Ice Punch, so you can revenge kill dragons, and most stuff that Ice Shard hits is fragile anyways. Either that, or you could go with Swords Dance Scizor, not weak to SR, has a strong Bullet Punch, and scares a lot of things.

Thats my quick rate, hope it helps.

Nice team. Some comments:

Swampert: Those special attack EVs aren't really doing anything, as long as SR gets out, you arent missing anything terribly important. Put it in SpD so Swampert can take a random grass move without dying.

Empoleon: Here I would suggest a specially defensive Latias. Why? Latias has higher special defense and access to recovery (you trade an electric weakness for an ice weakness, but imo electric attacks generally are more threatening).

Infernape: You probably want U-Turn over Stone Edge or ThunderPunch. They get redundant coverage most of the time, and with U-Turn Infernape can scout switch-ins and sometimes get really nice hits on Latias switchins.

Salamence: Fire Blast over Stone Edge

Gengar: Trick is more useful than Destiny Bond. Screws over more defensively oriented pokemon, and gengar can still stay around to utilize that massive 130 base special attack.

Weavile: You definitely want Ice Shard over Ice Punch, so you can revenge kill dragons, and most stuff that Ice Shard hits is fragile anyways. Either that, or you could go with Swords Dance Scizor, not weak to SR, has a strong Bullet Punch, and scares a lot of things.

Thats my quick rate, hope it helps.
but i cant get ice shard on weavile anymore :( I find fire blast on mence isnt really doing anything for me, unless a skarmory comes in against me, but this usually doesnt happen. i WAS thinking what u said about pert was true... but i find its pretty much the only thing i have against aerodactyl and crobat leads. , who otherwise outspeed my entire team(except gengar). the evs allow me to 2hko at least with ice beam but other than that thanks for the advice :)

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Any Infernape with a Naive nature should run a mixed set, otherwise you're decreasing your Special Defense for nothing. If you want a physical Infernape, you need a Jolly nature as well as Swords Dance. Otherwise, go mixed.

Anyways, Weavile is definitely replaceable. You've got two main sweepers here - Infernape and Salamence. A 6th Pokemon should support either Nape or Mence, depending on who you rely on more as a sweeper, while at the same time providing a counter for a couple of the Pokemon on your threat list (Metagross and Scizor mostly).

Zapdos pairs well with Infernape with its Ground immunity and easily kills off Water types.

Magnezone pairs well with Salamence by trapping Steels like Scizor while resisting all of Mence's weaknesses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)