help a brotha out with his dpou team

hmm, this is my first actual DP team that I've made entirely myself after borrowing teams for about a month or two, and I spent quite a bit of time working on it. It's been doing well, but I think some r8s may be useful to me... My original intention was just to use Zapdos (subroost initially, but that's changed) because a lot of teams are startlingly underprepared for it.

Tyranitar (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 SAtk / 244 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower
- Fire Blast

I stuck Ttar on here last actually, to switch into Zapdos and to help break up stall teams and offensive teams alike. Rotom, Heatran and Blissey are 3 pokemon that Zapdos sees pretty often and Tyranitar can beat them all up pretty well. Plus :toast:ing Skarms, Lucarios and Brelooms is COOL. I don't really want stealth rock on this monster all that much but there isn't anywhere else that I can/want to put it - _ -

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 44 SDef / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Recover

Hmm, I'm not to sure about this spread. I might need more S.Def since this guy needs to take on Starmies, but I am unsure... I sort of fear Pursuits to be honest. This team does a decent job of luring Skarm and fafing it, and Asself doesn't stand a chance. I also really have wanted to try this set for a long time, and I needed something to switch into WATER dudes, so all the pieces just FeLL INTO PLaCE. I initially had Kingdra in this spot, and it worked decently, but my team had some trouble with Swampert/Gliscor (- _ -) and Kingdra also kept getting frozen by Suicune for no good reason so here this is. Plus you can never have enough Breloom counters. Earthpower and Psychic have some pretty good coverage I hear.

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

At first I had Taunt Skarm with Lum berry here and I had it at the lead position because Machamps could do quite a number on me, but after I put Celebi on over Kingdra to back up Zapdos I didn't see a need, and the team appeared to be getting way too passive for my tastes. I mean, I don't have a problem running a stall team, but I didn't want this to be a stall team, and Scizor certainly helps me keep some offensive momentum going. Bullet Punch helps me out if Flygon gets worn down by Tyranitar, and it DESTROYS Dragonites and stuff. Pursuit for additional Rotom/Gengar faffing. Scizor is a good dude.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Roost

THE MAN. With all the changes I've made to my team, I just might go back to running subroost, but this is what I have for now. Heat Wave blackens grass mons and Scizors/Lucarios and HP Ice gets rid of GLISCOR who I hate. Zapdos doesn't even really need any S.Atk EVs to clean up teams man.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Flygon is my ReVenGeR. He kills stuff like ddtar/dd kingdra. This Flygon is kinda Naughty. It has Fire Blast too in case Tyranitar misses (hasn't happened yet though!) I like +Atk because it provides more strongth and it sort of removes the need for Thunderpunch because Outrage does quite enough to Gyarados anyway if I need it too I guess. I SHOULDN'T really have trouble with Gyarados though.

Heatran (F) @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Earth Power

This dude helps me bust up stall teams, which were sort of problematic if I didn't get a bit lucky. Gyara comes in on me and gets killed by HP electric and is like "oh no," and then Heatran comes in and gets killed by Earth Power while I am not killed and is like "oh no," and then Blissey comes in, and Heatran starts teasing it, and it's like "oh NO." Then once those guys are gone I can begin operation: DeCiMaTe.

I am not going to put a ginormous threat list because I don't really... do that. But here is what pokemon piss me off:

MAMOSWINE: this guy can kind of be an annoyance. granted, nothing but like surskit and shedinja resist its moves, so it can cause problems for a lot of teams, which is the only reason to use it since defensively its typing is garbage. but yeah. I feel like I am especially weak to it for some reason...

Suicune: It's not TOO hard to beat but if offensive Suicune busts through my Zapdos and/or Celebi it can really cause some problems for the team later in the game - _ - Starmie can be annoying too, but to a much lesser degree since everything on my team can beat it up.

Gyarados: UM I realize that I can remove any semblance of a Gyarados problem this team my have just putting Stone Edge on Flygon or Grass knot on Celebi or something, but I think that would really hinder the offense of my team. I dunno who this guy thinks he is, trying to set up on Tyranitar! I mean, I can probably beat it with Celebi anyway, but if it gets CH by Stone Edge or has something stupid like ICE FANG I could be in trouble - _ -

and Kingdra and Dragonite but what can you do about that...

those are the only problems I can really think of off the top of my head.

help me please :pirate:

Hi,

I haven't rated for a year, so please, bare with me. :) Like you said, you have problems against Gyarados, Mamoswine and Suicune. Go for Grass Knot on Celebi. With Grass Knot, you can battle Gyarados and defeat him, even if he has Ice Fang. Hit Mamoswine and Suicune for SE damage. 100 Base Power on Suicune and 120 Base Power on Mamoswine. Btw, is this Offensive CM Suicune? If so, +1 SpD 0/0 Suicune vs 100 Base Power Grass Knot (37.54% - 44.57%). Add in residual damage from SS, slick kill. You can easily live an Ice Beam. 0/0 Mamosine vs Grass Knot (72.02% - 85.32%). Obviously, you can live any Ice attack it throws at you.

One last problem against your team. Is last man Snorlax or Crocune. If you lose Heatran on the process, Crocune will smash through your team. Be wary. That's all I can do for now. I'll rate again.. :) Good Luck!

One thing you could do is give Tyranitar a Lum Berry. This should help out against sleep leads, considering they currently put you in a pretty awkward position. I personally like Crunch > Pursuit for the extra power, but the ability to trap Scarf Rotom could definitely make things easier for your other members.

If you're going with bulky CM Celebi, use Grass Knot and HP Fire. You're not doing too badly against Heatran, so this is the ideal moveset. This team really needs the Grass coverage to handle some of the threats you've outlined. Tinkerbell is also a viable alternative for paralysis support and a check to some variants of Gyarados.

Speaking of Gyarados, definitely go with Thunderpunch over Fire Blast on Flygon to help check it. You've already got Heatran and MixTar for Steels, and potentially Celebi as well if you give it HP Fire. Nice team!

I don't see the need for the Lum Berry on Tyranitar. Smart lead Roserade users know that they tend to pack it, so they will just Leaf Storm you for the kill. Knowing this, you can just switch in Scizor, tank the hit, and then Bullet Punch them for the kill, as Ttar's sand stream will negate Focus Sash (if you're feeling ballsy, you can U-turn or Pursuit predicting their switch). So basically, stick with Expert Belt on Ttar. Also, drop the speed EVs to 240 and the attack EVs to 164; the speed beats Adamant Breloom and the attack EVs assure the kill on Blissey with the belt. You can then dump the remaining EVs into SpA to power up Fire Blast, which'll help vs Careful Skarm and grass mons like Shaymin / Celebi / Venusaur.

The other thing I want to suggest is running ThunderPunch > Fire Blast on Flygon in order to help vs Gyarados. FB is really only useful on mixed sets where Expert Belt / Life Orb is powering it up because Flygon's SpA is piss poor and can't do anything without a boosting item and significant investment. You have MixTar, Heat Wave Zapdos and Heatran; Skarm/Forry/Scizor are no problem. If you do this, switch to Adamant, as there's no reason to unnecessarily drop your SpD with Naughty if you're running four physical moves. Good team, good luck.

okay, so basically i was reading this rmt, and had a bit to chime about the lead tyranitar. i am currently using the exact same set but wit se> superpower and lum>expert belt. my set fairs better against roserade and smeargle leads because it survives sleep powder and kos with stone edge+sandstorm. if you aren't running stone edge instead of superpower don't run lum, fire blast doesn't ko roserade from mind.

since your team features a fair few grounded pokes, it may be beneficial to run the lum and se set over your current, to get rid of spike setting roserades, although i'm not too sure how common they are as leads, i've seen a few though. the other spike setters aren't a problem though, skarm is 2hko'd and hopefully goes for sr first anyway, and forry is 1hko'd, best feeling haha. but yeah, it's all up to you tbh, great team btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)