SM OU Help Improve my team and break to 1600+

So hello everyone, this is my first time posting and it's the second team I made that climbs to 1500+. I would apreciate your help to make it improve and break through 1600+.

So here is the team.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Atk / 48 Def
Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Substitute
- Mach Punch
Breloom is a mon I added just to see how it would work and actually stuck. Can put in a lot of work and its normaly my zyarde switch (which I don't have one but breloom kind of does the job, getting damage in the process)

Excadrill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
This is one of my favorite sets. Surprisingly bulky against even against supereffective moves. It's impredictable, puts lots of pressure and great spinner. Most common mon it completly counters is koko (only thing koko can do is u-turn out).

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 48 SpD / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
Don't really know about this one. I think I need a water type to cover weaknesses. Fini seems to be a good choice but I don't click with it.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
EVs: 212 HP / 72 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
My personal zapdos set. It always OK +252Hp Landorous-T, takes on zygarde, ferrothorn, toxapex.. Easily one of my useful mons that I try to save through the game. 216 speed makes it outspeed non scarf lele.

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
Heatran is always good. I needed rocks and a fire type so it was a real brain dead choice. With that said thou, he really "doesn't do much". The fact he shares the same weaknesses as excadril also doesn't help.

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Close Combat
And then we have scarf staraptor. Great cleaner with great damage and coverage.

The biggest threat I've come across so far is protean greninja with ice beam/gunk shot/hydro pump.

The mons I would be more into switching are defenitly heatran and fini thou feel free to give any kind of advice 'cause it's gonna be well received.

Here is a replay of the team in action: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-834051812

Hello, you should mention what direction you want from this team. Is the goal to sweep with Staraptor in the end or slowly where down the opponent? I would replace Breloom with Tapu Bulu. Check out the Smogon analyses for sets, but it be worth it to try a few. The reason is Breloom is completely walled by other Bulu and is more easily beaten by Zygarde.

I would replace Staraptor with Grassy Seed Hawlucha (dependent on switching to Bulu). Hawlucha is a better clean up sweeper with better STAB, having SD and being faster.

You can try replacing Fini with Suicune. While generally not as good in this gen, I think Suicune is more likely to give you another win-con than Fini and you might gel with it more. I would try out Crocune and the Sub + Protect set. The role of stall killer is already on Heatran who does a better job than Fini.

I would try Leftovers on Zapdos solely for the purpose of feigning a defensivse Defog set. Your opponent may not expect you to have three coverage moves, allowing you to net some extra kills.

I would also give Heatran a Timid Nature, to Speed tie enemy Heatran and generally outspeed more Pokemon like defensivse Lando and some bulky Zygarde, etc. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)