Help me out of my slump

I've recently started playing again (I'm an on and off kind of guy) and I kept getting rocked, hard. I even lost to a focus sash ninjask lead once which was humiliating. I've looked at the more current trends and I think I've assembled a team that will work well, after a little testing I've found that I still suck, but at least I'm not constantly losing with this:

Deoxys-S, hasty nature, 160atk/96spe/252spa @ Expert Belt
Superpower
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Psychic

This is my lead, and it's a strong one. Outspeeds and destroys most leads, forcing a switch immediately. Has trouble with Bronzong but he can't really do much about it as fire punch/hp fire only deal around 30% damage. If he survives leading he serves as one of the best revenge killers out there.

Salamence, Rash nature, 252spA/120atk/136spe @ Life orb
Brick Break
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Dragon Claw

Like a specsmence, but can stay in and finish off what meteor doesn't kill with brick break or dragon claw. One of the best wall crackers in the game outside of cspecs lucario, who I can't use for obvious reasons.

Lucario, Adamant nature, 252atk/252spe/4hp @ Life Orb
Close Combat
Extremespeed
Swords Dance
Crunch

This is my lategame one man cleanup crew. After the primary walls (and bulkydos) are destroyed Lucario can come in and clean up the mess. Crunch over stone edge to deal with the ever common Celebi and the occasional Cresselia.

Weezing, Bold nature, 252hp/252def/4sp. atk @ Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Ice)
Will-o-Wisp
Pain Split

Heracross/Breloom counter mostly, they give me trouble otherwise. He also tends to end up as a proxy status absorber because he honestly doesn't need to be awake to do his job, which is making sure enemy heracrosses can't do anything to my team. Also works as a strong gyarados counter, and hidden power will generally waste a yache berry on garchomp at least.

Blissey, Bold nature, 252hp/252def/4sp. def @ Leftovers
Seismic Toss
Softboiled
Thunder Wave
Ice Beam

Really an ancient standard set, I need to work on it. Twave helps slow things that would otherwise give Lucario problems later on down, the rest of the moveset pretty much speaks for itself.

Celebi, Bold nature, 252hp/220def/36spe @ Leftovers
Grass Knot
Hidden Power (Ice)
Recover
Leech Seed

Typical defensive celebi, this thing is common as dirt. It can easily handle most physical sweepers, what Celebi can't handle Weezing will.

So far I've found that lacking a strong ice resist is really screwing me against subcm jynx, but I don't know if Regice over bliss would be wise considering how uncommon those are.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I see a HUGE mixape weakness if he comes in on mence or any of your walls, perhaps gyara over lucario could help, as for your ice issue, i would personally switch gliscor over weezing to counter breloom and hera and switch bronzong over celebi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)