SM OU Help with my Mega Medicham team

Hi guys! Its me again with a new RMT. In this case, i made a team centered in Medicham and his awesome power. I`ve to say that i see the idea in another forum and i made some litle changes. Let`s begin.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick​

The star of the team. With Pure power i ensure to hit hard most of mons resisting or not his attacks. An standard 252 atk/Spe EVs and a jolly nature because i think that no need for more damage, but more speed. Fake out to hit faster mons and ensure the kill of a hurt pokemon. Zen headbutt and HJK are two powerfull STAB moves and ice punch is to hit defensive mons like zapdos, lando-T and gliscor.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn​

Tapu koko can threat M-Sableye who is inmune to 3 of 4 atks from medi, can kill faster mons like hawlucha and mega lopunny, and is a menace for flying pkmn that can hurt medicham. 252 EVs in spa and speed to be faster that most of metagame with a timid nature. I choose Electrium Z to kill toxapex, alomomola and slowbro, who can wall medicham`s atks. Dazzling gleam for sableye and greninja, HP ice to hurt lando-T and gliscor without exposing medicham. U-turn its a good manner to maintain momentum and bring the best mon for the right situation.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn​

Most of the problems for medicham are bulky psychic pkmn; destroy them is greninjash`s worh. Another standard Evs construction and timid nature for more speed. With specs to hit hard, many pkmn bites the dust with dark pulse or hydro pump, bot are powerfull STAB moves that damage another pkmn like clefable for medicham. Water shuriken for priority and U-turn to momentum.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower​

THIS monster is terrible annoying. Being a Spd wall, can stop threats for medicham like hawlucha, mega pinsir, etc. The seed-protect combination to make some stall, heavy slam to kill faeries and flamethrower to hurt another steel mons like skarmory and enemy celesteela, a trapper magnezone and ferrothorn to not damage medicham.

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn​

This variant of lando-T was new for me. Yache berry help me in many situations that loosing lando were a GG. Impish nature and the Evs are equal to defensive landorus-T. EQ for STAB and to hit non flying and levitate mons. Knock off to wore off harmful items like spike helmet. SR its a staple move in every kind of team, and u-turn help me to keep momentum in battle.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
- Sacred Sword
- Stone Edge​

Keldeo is my mixed speed control mon. Icy wind to hit pkmn like landorus-T, dragons in general, zapdos and hawlucha without unburden bonus. Hydro pump for STAB. Sacred sword to beat ferrothorn and skarmory. Stone edge to kill volcarona who is dangerous for medicham.

P.D. How can i put the pkmn images in the thread?

See ya guys, thanks for reading :D

As you see, the team lacks for hazard removal, and has to much weakness to plant, electric, fairies. This makes mega venusaur, hawlucha, tapu koko and lele powerfull foes to beat.

Please help me to improve the team, i like it very much. All of your aid will be honestly thanked.

Felixx

I'm back.
http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net

http://pokemon-mini-sprites.wikia.com/wiki/Pokemon_Mini_Sprites_Wiki

You can use these to input sprites

Now onto the rate...

First off I'd change the Tapu Koko set to CM Z-Fairy
Tapu Koko @ Fairium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Basically this set is able to lure in Lando-T that think they can take a hit, and it supports Ash-Gren by being able to weaken Ferro. An optional change is making M-Medi Thunder Punch > Ice Punch or Fake Out, this allows you to dismantle stall teams by being able to break past M-Sableye and Mew with the Electric Terrain up.

For Ash-Gren, Spikes over U-Turn is a good option, maybe even Ice Beam, but this change is optional.

Next I'd switch Celesteela to a Ferro to help deal with a ton of threats like Lele, Koko and Ash-Gren. One of the problems is that this gives Hawlucha more set-up fodder, but we'll fix that problem by putting Thunder Wave on the set.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip / Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

After that I'd make Lando defensive scarf instead of just defensive to add some speed control since I'll be replacing Keldeo. This is also going to be the defogger.
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Finally, I'd switch Keldeo to Heatran (I'll be using Cdumas' defensive spread since this will relieve pressure from Ferro in Lele match-ups)
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic / Protect

Now some additional things: You can put Stealth Rocks on Heatran, keep U-Turn on Ash-Gren, and put Spikes on Ferro, again, your personal decision, and I hope I helped!

Last edited:
Hey, cool team you've got there. I don't personally find Lele that threatening because you have a Celesteela, and if you try to keep it healthy as much as possible, you won't struggle against this Pokemon. However, I agree with the other weaknesses, Koko is a threat as it's able to put in a lot of pressure against your team, even though you run a berry on your own Lando-T. Hawlucha, if its checks are weakened (Celesteela and Koko), then it's quite hard to stop it. You have a way to deal with Mega Venusaur, but if it comes in against like Gren or Koko, it'll be annoying due to the poor bulk or M-Cham, meaning it can't afford to switch into. I want to make some suggestions so let's start.

Major Changes

>
As the first change of the rate, I'd like to suggest Scarf Kartana over Scarf Keldeo. While Keldeo isn't that good as a scarfer, Kartana provides you a great revenge killer, capable or weakening things like Celesteela, AV Tangrowth, AV Magearna, and removing their items with Knock Off as well. This change also provides you Defog, making the team less weak to hazards, and I think that was an issue. Standard set here, with Knock Off instead of Smart Strike to support your M-Cham.

>
This change is optional but I think you could give it a try. At this point, Electric-Types such as Koko are still threatening, and the likes of SG Magearna seem quite scary. That's why I'd consider running Gastrodon over Ash Greninja, which checks defensively these Pokemon, as well as being a nuisance to both Bulky Offense and Balanced teams. This change also provides you a great check to Heatran, which became a theat with the lose of Keldeo. For the set, I'd run a SpD oriented spread with Toxic to annoy fat Pokemon like Tangrowth. However, this change makes you lose some offensive presence, as well as the Spikes support.

Minor Changes

I think you could try running a Shuca Berry Roost set on your Tapu Koko. This would help against the likes of Zapdos and Hawlucha, as well as being a great support for Pokemon like M-Medicham. That Shuca lets you weaken things like Zygarde and Lando-T without taking much from EQ while Roost lets gives Koko some defensive utility.

With the above change, you lost your Z Move user. You also found both Hawlucha and Mega Venusaur threatening. That's why, in order to help with that, I'd run a Bulky Z Fly set. This set seems pretty cool here as it gives you way to beat these two Pokemon, while it still acts as a Defensive Pivot with SR.

I'm not sure about the current spread you're running, so I'd just suggest you the smogon spread 248 HP / 104+ Def / 156 SpD.

~~

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 176 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 236 HP / 100 Atk / 36 Def / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn / Hidden Power Ice

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Defog

Gastrodon-East (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 240 HP / 248 SpD / 20 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Hope you find this rate helpful, good luck!

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hi guys! Its me again with a new RMT. In this case, i made a team centered in Medicham and his awesome power. I`ve to say that i see the idea in another forum and i made some litle changes. Let`s begin.

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick​

The star of the team. With Pure power i ensure to hit hard most of mons resisting or not his attacks. An standard 252 atk/Spe EVs and a jolly nature because i think that no need for more damage, but more speed. Fake out to hit faster mons and ensure the kill of a hurt pokemon. Zen headbutt and HJK are two powerfull STAB moves and ice punch is to hit defensive mons like zapdos, lando-T and gliscor.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn​

Tapu koko can threat M-Sableye who is inmune to 3 of 4 atks from medi, can kill faster mons like hawlucha and mega lopunny, and is a menace for flying pkmn that can hurt medicham. 252 EVs in spa and speed to be faster that most of metagame with a timid nature. I choose Electrium Z to kill toxapex, alomomola and slowbro, who can wall medicham`s atks. Dazzling gleam for sableye and greninja, HP ice to hurt lando-T and gliscor without exposing medicham. U-turn its a good manner to maintain momentum and bring the best mon for the right situation.

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn​

Most of the problems for medicham are bulky psychic pkmn; destroy them is greninjash`s worh. Another standard Evs construction and timid nature for more speed. With specs to hit hard, many pkmn bites the dust with dark pulse or hydro pump, bot are powerfull STAB moves that damage another pkmn like clefable for medicham. Water shuriken for priority and U-turn to momentum.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower​

THIS monster is terrible annoying. Being a Spd wall, can stop threats for medicham like hawlucha, mega pinsir, etc. The seed-protect combination to make some stall, heavy slam to kill faeries and flamethrower to hurt another steel mons like skarmory and enemy celesteela, a trapper magnezone and ferrothorn to not damage medicham.

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn​

This variant of lando-T was new for me. Yache berry help me in many situations that loosing lando were a GG. Impish nature and the Evs are equal to defensive landorus-T. EQ for STAB and to hit non flying and levitate mons. Knock off to wore off harmful items like spike helmet. SR its a staple move in every kind of team, and u-turn help me to keep momentum in battle.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
- Sacred Sword
- Stone Edge​

Keldeo is my mixed speed control mon. Icy wind to hit pkmn like landorus-T, dragons in general, zapdos and hawlucha without unburden bonus. Hydro pump for STAB. Sacred sword to beat ferrothorn and skarmory. Stone edge to kill volcarona who is dangerous for medicham.

P.D. How can i put the pkmn images in the thread?

See ya guys, thanks for reading :D

As you see, the team lacks for hazard removal, and has to much weakness to plant, electric, fairies. This makes mega venusaur, hawlucha, tapu koko and lele powerfull foes to beat.

Please help me to improve the team, i like it very much. All of your aid will be honestly thanked.
Hey, this is a really cool team - I particularly like Medicham, Tapu Koko and Greninja as an offensive core. There are some things that I would change to improve the team, however.

First of all, I would change the Tapu Koko set, as Simia said above me. It allows for better momentum gaining (it threatens Landorus) while also damaging Zygarde (which this team is quite weak to). Here is the set.
Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

I would also put Spikes on Greninja. I find Spikes to be be way more valuable than U-Turn. This is because Spikes supports Medicham kicking holes into things turning some 2HKOs to OHKOs. You can get Spikes up as they switch to their Magearna or Toxapex. Yes, this means that you give up momentum, but you force your opponent to Defog later on while also keeping up offensive pressure.

I like the idea of Knock Off on Landorus, as removing Clefable's Leftovers means that it no longer a switch-in to Medicham as it is 2HKO'd by Zen Headbutt 94% of the time. However, we are very weak to Zygarde at the moment. For this reason, I would put Leftovers on Landorus and give it HP Ice. I would also speed creep it a little more to outspeed other Landorus. Here is the set that I would use
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

I also don't agree with Keldeo. We already have fast Water spam with Greninja and there are other scarfers out there that can beat Volcarona. Although not an OU choice, I would suggest Nihilego. We have no way of removing Toxic Spikes which wear down our offensive mons easily. It also beats Volcarona and with HP Ice can revenge kill +1 Zygarde (and perhaps pick up a surprise kill onto Scarfed Landorus). Here is the set that I would use
Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt / Foul Play

Thunderbolt is a more standard choice which lets you hit Gyarados and Greninja hard, but Foul Play is a nice option to revenge kill physical sweepers/wallbreakers.

Finally, I would swap Celesteela for Gastrodon. Yes, this makes us a little more weak to Psychic spam and Pinsir/Hawlucha, but we have methods of outplaying them (by using our scarfed Nihilego and Tapu Koko wisely). Greninja and Heatran are two massive threats in the metagame which rip holes into this team Tapu Koko and Magearna also take advantage of being able to gain momentum easily against you by threatening Landorus. Here is the set that I would use.
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 40 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
The EVs are supposed to maximise the amount of Leftovers recovery while not compromising Gastrodon's ability to switch into what it is supposed to counter. Earthquake is preferred to Earth Power because of Calm Mind Magearna.

I hope you like the changes I have made. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :) Here is the team with my changes.
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Foul Play

http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net

http://pokemon-mini-sprites.wikia.com/wiki/Pokemon_Mini_Sprites_Wiki

You can use these to input sprites

Now onto the rate...

First off I'd change the Tapu Koko set to CM Z-Fairy
Tapu Koko @ Fairium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Basically this set is able to lure in Lando-T that think they can take a hit, and it supports Ash-Gren by being able to weaken Ferro. An optional change is making M-Medi Thunder Punch > Ice Punch or Fake Out, this allows you to dismantle stall teams by being able to break past M-Sableye and Mew with the Electric Terrain up.

For Ash-Gren, Spikes over U-Turn is a good option, maybe even Ice Beam, but this change is optional.

Next I'd switch Celesteela to a Ferro to help deal with a ton of threats like Lele, Koko and Ash-Gren. One of the problems is that this gives Hawlucha more set-up fodder, but we'll fix that problem by putting Thunder Wave on the set.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip / Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

After that I'd make Lando defensive scarf instead of just defensive to add some speed control since I'll be replacing Keldeo. This is also going to be the defogger.
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Finally, I'd switch Keldeo to Heatran (I'll be using Cdumas' defensive spread since this will relieve pressure from Ferro in Lele match-ups)
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic / Protect

Now some additional things: You can put Stealth Rocks on Heatran, keep U-Turn on Ash-Gren, and put Spikes on Ferro, again, your personal decision, and I hope I helped!
Hi bro! I was testing this team and have some questions.

How cm Fairy z tapu koko deals with lando-T?
Since ferro is slower than hawlucha, what happen if hawlucha kills it with a HJK without a thunder wave?
I rly disagree with an scarf defogger, maybe because im new in competitive playing.

Please help me, 'cause im newbie and dont understand som things. Thanks!

Hey, cool team you've got there. I don't personally find Lele that threatening because you have a Celesteela, and if you try to keep it healthy as much as possible, you won't struggle against this Pokemon. However, I agree with the other weaknesses, Koko is a threat as it's able to put in a lot of pressure against your team, even though you run a berry on your own Lando-T. Hawlucha, if its checks are weakened (Celesteela and Koko), then it's quite hard to stop it. You have a way to deal with Mega Venusaur, but if it comes in against like Gren or Koko, it'll be annoying due to the poor bulk or M-Cham, meaning it can't afford to switch into. I want to make some suggestions so let's start.

Major Changes

>
As the first change of the rate, I'd like to suggest Scarf Kartana over Scarf Keldeo. While Keldeo isn't that good as a scarfer, Kartana provides you a great revenge killer, capable or weakening things like Celesteela, AV Tangrowth, AV Magearna, and removing their items with Knock Off as well. This change also provides you Defog, making the team less weak to hazards, and I think that was an issue. Standard set here, with Knock Off instead of Smart Strike to support your M-Cham.

>
This change is optional but I think you could give it a try. At this point, Electric-Types such as Koko are still threatening, and the likes of SG Magearna seem quite scary. That's why I'd consider running Gastrodon over Ash Greninja, which checks defensively these Pokemon, as well as being a nuisance to both Bulky Offense and Balanced teams. This change also provides you a great check to Heatran, which became a theat with the lose of Keldeo. For the set, I'd run a SpD oriented spread with Toxic to annoy fat Pokemon like Tangrowth. However, this change makes you lose some offensive presence, as well as the Spikes support.

Minor Changes

I think you could try running a Shuca Berry Roost set on your Tapu Koko. This would help against the likes of Zapdos and Hawlucha, as well as being a great support for Pokemon like M-Medicham. That Shuca lets you weaken things like Zygarde and Lando-T without taking much from EQ while Roost lets gives Koko some defensive utility.

With the above change, you lost your Z Move user. You also found both Hawlucha and Mega Venusaur threatening. That's why, in order to help with that, I'd run a Bulky Z Fly set. This set seems pretty cool here as it gives you way to beat these two Pokemon, while it still acts as a Defensive Pivot with SR.

I'm not sure about the current spread you're running, so I'd just suggest you the smogon spread 248 HP / 104+ Def / 156 SpD.

~~

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 236 HP / 100 Atk / 36 Def / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn / Hidden Power Ice

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Defog

Gastrodon-East (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 248 SpD / 20 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Hope you find this rate helpful, good luck!

I like this team bro, exactly by scarftana. Ill give it a hard try again. Thanks!

Hey, this is a really cool team - I particularly like Medicham, Tapu Koko and Greninja as an offensive core. There are some things that I would change to improve the team, however.

First of all, I would change the Tapu Koko set, as Simia said above me. It allows for better momentum gaining (it threatens Landorus) while also damaging Zygarde (which this team is quite weak to). Here is the set.
Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

I would also put Spikes on Greninja. I find Spikes to be be way more valuable than U-Turn. This is because Spikes supports Medicham kicking holes into things turning some 2HKOs to OHKOs. You can get Spikes up as they switch to their Magearna or Toxapex. Yes, this means that you give up momentum, but you force your opponent to Defog later on while also keeping up offensive pressure.

I like the idea of Knock Off on Landorus, as removing Clefable's Leftovers means that it no longer a switch-in to Medicham as it is 2HKO'd by Zen Headbutt 94% of the time. However, we are very weak to Zygarde at the moment. For this reason, I would put Leftovers on Landorus and give it HP Ice. I would also speed creep it a little more to outspeed other Landorus. Here is the set that I would use
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

I also don't agree with Keldeo. We already have fast Water spam with Greninja and there are other scarfers out there that can beat Volcarona. Although not an OU choice, I would suggest Nihilego. We have no way of removing Toxic Spikes which wear down our offensive mons easily. It also beats Volcarona and with HP Ice can revenge kill +1 Zygarde (and perhaps pick up a surprise kill onto Scarfed Landorus). Here is the set that I would use
Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt / Foul Play

Thunderbolt is a more standard choice which lets you hit Gyarados and Greninja hard, but Foul Play is a nice option to revenge kill physical sweepers/wallbreakers.

Finally, I would swap Celesteela for Gastrodon. Yes, this makes us a little more weak to Psychic spam and Pinsir/Hawlucha, but we have methods of outplaying them (by using our scarfed Nihilego and Tapu Koko wisely). Greninja and Heatran are two massive threats in the metagame which rip holes into this team Tapu Koko and Magearna also take advantage of being able to gain momentum easily against you by threatening Landorus. Here is the set that I would use.
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
The EVs are supposed to maximise the amount of Leftovers recovery while not compromising Gastrodon's ability to switch into what it is supposed to counter. Earthquake is preferred to Earth Power because of Calm Mind Magearna.

I hope you like the changes I have made. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :) Here is the team with my changes.
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Foul Play

Hi bru! I rly like this team, but sincerely it lacks for hazard control and SW teams give me a hard time. Do you know how improve this? Or what can i do to deal with them? Thanks!!

Felixx

I'm back.
Hi bro! I was testing this team and have some questions.

How cm Fairy z tapu koko deals with lando-T?
Since ferro is slower than hawlucha, what happen if hawlucha kills it with a HJK without a thunder wave?
I rly disagree with an scarf defogger, maybe because im new in competitive playing.

Please help me, 'cause im newbie and dont understand som things. Thanks!
CM Z-Fairy reduces the need for prediction, unlike with specs, you need to choose if you HP Ice and catch the ground type, or specs Volt on the bulky grass/av Magearna and gain momentum. Shuca can work, but it gives Ferro another target to spike up on, although good plays with Volt can reduce this problem so definitely an okay choice (give Tran the Z-move and make it Z-Fire with Max SpA and Spe Timid or Modest)

If it kills Ferro right away with no SD, then Koko will be able to eat a hit from it very easily, just play carefully with Scarf Lando to not give it set-up.

Scarf Defog is a necessary evil, but the team's offensive anyway, plus Scarf Defog is better than no Defog.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)