Monotype Herculean Exoskeleton: Mega Heracross Offense (Nominated to RMT of the Week)

Hey it's GoldenTorkoal with my 3rd RMT, this time about another Bug team i've been working on since Heracronite was released. I've enjoyed this team a lot although Mega Heracross might not be the best mega for Bug teams. From my experience i can say that the 'Panzer Beetle' was better in the ORAS metagame and has less viability in SM, but since it was the mega i enjoyed the most last gen i wanted to pay tribute to Mega Heracross. Let's take a deep look at 'Herculean Exoskeleton'.

I started with Mega Heracross because i wanted to try how this wallbreaker could perform in SM meta. Last gen i used 4 attacks Mega Hera (with Bullet Seed), but this gen i wanted to try the variant with Sword Dance to make it capable of braking almost everything. I also went Adamant to have as much power as possible.

After i chose the mega for the team the next thing coming was the webs setter, a pillar for Bug teams in the form of speed control. Although i love Shuckle, Galvantula is more useful for the team because it's not passive and has decent offensive presence with nice coverage.

Then i added Volcarona to the team, since its a 'must' for every Bug team and forms with Mega Heracross an offensive core to destroy Steel, one the most prominent and used types this gen. Quiver Dance+Z-move is a combination that makes Volcarona even a bigger wincon for the team.

After that, the team needed another key piece in the form of hazard control. Bug is weak to Stealth Rock and Armaldo can remove rocks with Rapid Spin. In my opinion it's the best spinner that Bug can offer since it's not as passive as Forretress and gives the team another Fire neutrality.

Once i had these 4 i noticed i needed another member to help Mega Heracross with the Rock matchup, and Scizor provides that and more. I can't imagine a Bug team without Scizor or its mega, it's very useful in every matchup (except maybe against Fire) and has access to powerful priority.

Finally i neede some sort of speed control outside webs, and since i couldn't go for scarf Heracross i opted Scolipede with Protect. Scolipede has nice coverage and helps a lot against Fire. Scarf Buzzwole might be an option, but i think Scolipede performs better at that role.

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Pin Missile
Rock Blast
Sword Dance
Close Combat

Mega Heracross is the thing i built around since it's an insane wallbreaker with very good coverage, being able to hit almost every mon in this meta. Although Mega Hera isn't a fast mon, with the support of webs it can even outspeed base 115 invested mons like Mega Houndoom, and it should be taken into account the bulk that it possesses. Guts is the selected ability before megaevolving to increase Atk 50% if it gest burned, poisoned or paralyzed, but this isn't a typical scenario you're going to find when playing this team. Pin Missile was the first STAB move of choice since it's the best Bug move to exploit Mega Heracross' ability, Skill Link, which makes that multi-hit moves will always hit the maximum number of times. In this case, Pin Missile will hit 5 times so we'll have a Bug STAB move with 125 base power (25 base power each hit). Pin Missile is the best move to hit mainly Psychic and Dark mons, and things like Mega Sableye, Garchomp, Rotom-W, Mega Venusaur, Cradily, Tapu Bulu, Hippowdon, Seismitoad, Muk, Lanturn and Mega Slowbro. Close Combat is the second STAB move selected for Mega Heracross, and is chosen over Arm Thrust because it has 120 base power while the multi-hit move would have 75 base power (15 base power each hit). Close Combat provides Mega Heracross with a Fighting STAB mainly used to hit Steel, Rock and Normal, 3 types that don't represent an easy matchup for Bug. It also has the disadvantage of lowering Mega Heracross' defenses, and that's why sometimes it's better to click Pin Missile against things like Cradily, Seismitoad, Lanturn, Muk or Rotom-W, although it has less power (don't forget you need chip damage to knock out some of those mons with Pin Missile). Rock Blast is the move of coverage chosen to help Mega Heracross to hit effectively types like Flying and Fire, 2 bug threats for Bug teams. Finally, Sword Dance gives Mega Heracross a way to deal with bulky mons like Toxapex or Skarmory, which can be broken with the help of a Sword Dance boost. Mega Heracross does a fantastic job dismantling defensive cores like the ones from Water and Flying, and that's what i like the most about this beetle.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Sticky Web
Thunder
Energy Ball
Hidden Power [Ice]

I really like Galvantula, as i said in my other RMT, since it covers some key roles in Bug teams and it's clearly the best option for webs over Shuckle. Sticky Web is one of the more important assets for Bug teams in general and this team in particular, since it provides the team with a nice form of speed control to deal better with big threats for Bug teams like these scarfers: Victini, Excadrill, Infernape or Terrakion. It also helps with fast mons that can be a threat like Tapu Koko, Keldeo or Greninja. Focus Sash is the item chosen for the yellow spider to ensure the team gets webs support, which is crucial for this team. As i've said before i prefer Galvantula over Shuckle because it gives the team more offensive presence and has a more important role than just setting the webs. This is what makes me trust a lot in Galvantula. Thunder is the Electric STAB move of choice, as it benefits from Galvantula's Compound Eyes reaching an accuracy near 100%, which is great for a powerful move such as Thunder. This move makes Galvantula a threat for opposing Water and Flying teams, which is important for a Bug team. Thunder hits every Water and Flying mons except Lanturn, Seismitoad, Swampert, Thundurus, Landorus-T, Landorus and Gliscor, and the good thing is Galvantula has 2 more slots to solve this. Energy Ball is the first coverage move selected to hit the Water types i've just mentioned, helping the spider in the destruction of Seismitoad and Swampert which are 4x weak to grass (although it won't be an OHKO since Galvantula's SpA isn¡t very high). This gives it a perfect coverage for Water types. Energy Ball is also used to hit effectively Ground types like Hippowdon. The second move of coverage run in Galvantula is HP Ice, which gives it perfect coverage for Flying teams, one of the most difficukt matchups for Bug. This move is mainly to hit 4x weak to Ice mons like Gliscor, Landorus, Landorus-T, Garchomp, Dragonite and Salamence. I want to underline the thing that Galvantula can check Garchomp, which can set rocks very easily against Bug because it has the bulk and Rough Skin+Rocky Helmet make Armaldo unable to spin in the long term. Last thing but not the least important about Galvantula is that represents the only hope this team has against Mega Pinsir (SpD Armaldo with chip damage can't deal with Mega Pinsir).

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
Quiver Dance
Fire Blast
Giga Drain
Hidden Power [Ground]

The 'bug nuke' is a 'must' for every Bug team, as it's one of the most powerful wincons in the metagame (even more with the addition of Z-moves). If Volcarona finds the correct moment to set up it can sweep entire types like Electric, Steel, Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Grass or Ice. That capacity of turning to ashes a type like Steel is what mainly makes Volcarona a very important member of Bug teams. Once you've got ridden of Heatran's air balloon it would be just a matter of time that Volcarona sets up and sweeps the whole Steel team. Quiver Dance is the characteristic move of this wincon, boosting one level SpA, SpD and Spe, every time you use it. The other 3 moves are chosen to get the biggest coverage possible, helping Volcarona in cleaning the battlefield. Fire Blast is the Fire STAB move of choice, as it's the most powerful fire special move Volcarona has access to, with 110 base power. Fire Blast is the move that hits effectively every Steel type except Heatran and the best way the team has to deal with Mega Venusaur (along with Mega Heracross Pin Missile). Fiery Dance was an alternative i considered early in this generation since it has the possibility of raising SpA one level and it has 100% accuracy, but i opted the most powerful Fire move despite the less accuracy. With the combination of Fire Blast+Firium Z, Inferno Overdrive is a nuclear weapon that prevents things that could check Volcarona in the past from disturbing it, like Cradily or Zapdos. Z-moves also have the advantage of having 100% accuracy, which helps a lot in this case since you don't want a Fire Blast fail in front of an Excadrill. Giga Drain is the first coverage move chosen to hit effectively opposing Water, Ground and Rock types like Rotom-W, Seismitoad, Swampert, Keldeo, Rhyperior or Omastar. HP Ground is the last move run in Volcarona almost only to hit Heatran, which has a 4x weakness to Ground, once the 'steel volcano' has lost its air balloon. In my opinion, Fire Blast and HP Ground are a 'must' in Volcarona, while the other move is up to personal preference. Psychic would be an option over Giga Drain but i think the team has enough ways to deal with Toxapex (Thunder Galvantula, Sword Dance+Rock Blast Mega Heracross, Earthquake Scolipede).

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
Rock Slide / Stone Edge
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Knock Off

Armaldo provides the team with nice utility in the form of hazard controller. It's clearly not the best mon to cover that role in the metagame but it's the best Bug has access to. Rapid Spin is the most important move run in Armaldo, and gives the 'prehistoric bug' the possibility of removing hazards, mainly rocks who would otherwise wear down the team badly. Stealth Rock removal is key for Bug teams, and almost every opposing team will try to get rocks as soon as possible, so you have to play Armaldo very carefully. Armaldo won't be able to come out unlimited times to spin since it lacks a form of reliable recovery and is weak to rocks, so the moment to spin should be chosen carefully. Armaldo also gives the team Stealth Rock to deal with the opposing teams in the form if helping its teammates to get kills more easily. Stealth Rock possesses a big importance in the Flying and Dragon matchup: in the first one it will help Mega Heracross to get kills with Rock Blast, and in the second one it will break Dragonite's Multiscale which is pretty important for the team. The Rock STAB move of choice is Rock Slide or Stone Edge, depending on what do you want: less power and more accuracy, or more power and less accuracy. This Rock move threatens some defoggers Flying can run, such as Zapdos or Mantine, which is always nice to have in a Bug team. Knock Off is an utility move selected for the last slot to make Armaldo able to remove items like Eviolite from Chansey or Porygon2, Choice Scarf from Hydreigon, Thick Club from Marowak-A or Choice Specs/Choice Scarf from Gengar. But the most important item that Armaldo needs to remove is Skarmory's Rocky Helmet, as that let's it spin rocks in front of the 'steel bird'. Never run Armaldo without Knock Off is my main advice to use this mon.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
Bullet Punch
U-turn
Superpower
Knock Off

After Mega Heracross and Volcarona i needed another mon to hit hard, help me in the Rock matchup and have some sort of priority. Scizor gives Bug teams all those things. Choice Band is the best possible item for regular Scizor, as it gives it immediate power. I don't think regular Scizor best bet would be running Sword Dance, although it has decent bulk with 70/100/80. Wasting a turn in boosting its Atk is not very covenient in most matchups. Scizor provides the team with another Rock neutrality appart from Mega Heracross, which is always a nice asset. Bullet Punch is the Steel STAB move of choice and the one you'd click the most, as it gives Scizor priority appart from STAB. This move helps a lot mainly against these 3 types: Fairy, Rock and Ice. Bullet Punch makes Scizor able to check and OHKO big threats for the team such as Nihilego, Mega Aerodactyl, Terrakion and Azumarill (once it has used Z-Belly Drum). It's also very useful to deal with mons like Hydreigon, Latios, Dragonite, Tapu Koko, Staraptor or Mega Pidgeot, which can get OHKOed if they get prior damage. U-turn is the Bug STAB move of choice over Bug Bite as it gives the team some momentum and allowing its teammates coming for free (Mega Heracross, Volcarona, Galvantula). This move along with Knock Off form a combo that is a threat to Psychic teams, which only have Victini and HP Fire Latios to check it. Knock Off also helps against Ghost in general, and Marowak-A and Jellicent in particular. The last move chosen for Scizor is Superpower, to give it Fighting coverage mainly to hit Steel types such as Ferrothorn.

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Protect
Megahorn
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Finally i added Scolipede to give the team another source of speed control outside of webs and something to deal better with Fire. Life Orb is the item selected to make Scolipede hitting as hard as possible without being locked into one move. The combination of Protect+Speed Boost gives Scolipede the opportunity to outspeed after a boost threats like scarf Terrakion and scarf Nihilego and hit them effectively with Earthquake (although it's not an OHKO on Terrakion). Megahorn is the Bug STAB move of choice because it's the most powerful Bug move Scolipede can learn and makes the matchup against Psychic easier (if you manage to hit Megahorn more than once). The other 2 moves, Earthquake and Rock Slide, are coverage moves that help a lot in the Fire and Electric matchup. Scolipede is the best way the team has to deal with Mega Charizard X and Mega Charizard Y, two of the biggest threats for Bug. Rock Slide is also very useful to deal with Pelipper, which is big for a team that has several problems with rain teams, and to OHKO Volcarona who would otherwise be a big problem. Poison Jab is an alternative to one of those moves, representing a STAB move so that Scolipede can hit harder, but i really like the combination of Earthquake+Rock Slide.

I hope you all enjoyed the team. I've put a lot of work on this team and being able to create and use a decent team with one of my favourite megas is very satisfactory. As you can imagine looking at this RMT and the other 2 i made, offense is the playstyle i enjoy the most. The goal of destroying the opposing team hitting as hard as possible have always sound very entertaining. Thanks for reading and feel free to use the team!

Mega Pinsir and Volcarona are big threats for the team. The first one can be only checked by Galvantula, but you need full health on it so the Focus Sash hasn't been activated, or with Scizor if Mega Pinsir is between 50-60% of health. Scolipede is the only reliable check for Volcarona and you must play very carefully to avoid it getting 2 quiver dances. If it gets one boost you'll be facing a 50/50 with Scolipede, clicking Protect to get the speed boost or Rock Slide if you think Volcarona will use Quiver Dance thinking you're protecting that turn.

or

Dragon is a very difficult matchup for Bug. Garchomp can set rocks very easily and you only have Galvantula to check it with HP Ice, and even then it's not an OHKO. You can't spin with Armaldo because in the long term you'll die due to Rough Skin and Rocky Helmet and rocks will be up. If the opponent sees your HP Ice coming and think he/she needs health on Garchomp, he/she will pivot into Dragalge and Goodra, which won't get significant damage from Galvantula. Scarf Latios and Scarf Hydreigon are also big threats, with access to powerful special moves. Fortunately, Scolipede can outspeed and OHKO both. Dragonite is also a problem with access to Fire Punch and Extreme Speed, so the team needs rocks up against Dragon.

There isn't much you can do if Mega Charizard X gets a Dragon Dance against you. It just sweeps the entire team with Flare Blitz. You´ll need rocks always up, at least to force a 50/50 with Scolipede. The combination of this monster and double screens Rotom-Heat is just too much for the team.

or

Sand teams are tough to deal with, since Sand Rush Excadrill will outspeed all the team and has access to Rock Slide and Earthquake. The strategy should be setting webs, getting rid of Garchomp/Mega Garchomp or at least wear it down to low health (since it's the only Ground type that can really stop my Volcarona's set) and getting a Quiver Dance Boost with Volcarona. Mega Heracross helps a lot in this matchup as it can tank a hit from Excadrill and can wear down Hippowdon and Garchomp/Mega Garchomp.

Although Mega Heracross does an incredible job of breaking Normal's main defensive core (Chansey and Porygon2), the combination of Mega Pidgeot, Staraptor and Ditto, is a legit threat for the team. Mega Pidgeot will get a kill almost every time it comes in, Staraptor has the Intimidate and scarf Ditto prevents you from using Sword Dance with Mega Heracross. Rocks are very important to deal with those 3 and you'll have to double almost perfectly to win.

Rain teams are painful for this team. I hate those teams so much. You'll need your opponent to choke and make bad decisions to win, since Kingdra and Swampert will outspeed and OHKO every mon under rain except from Mega Heracross. The fact that most rain teams run scarf Pelipper doesn't help Mega Heracross in breaking it.

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Scolipede @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Moosical for making cool banner and titles for this RMT (again) and for being nice and trying always to help. Thanks man!
stat1c hope you come back one day to PS, miss talking about Venomoth.
Tyke Eien Vid Moosical Bondie as part of the Monotype Staff, that has always helped me and answer the questions i had about the meta

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-598640635

Last edited:
Not really a rate so much as a correction, but pin missile if you calculate it correctly, is actually 125 base power, which is stronger than CC. Other than that I really like the team! It's a very nice HO, and I might just give it a try. Just wanted to let you know!

Not really a rate so much as a correction, but pin missile if you calculate it correctly, is actually 125 base power, which is stronger than CC. Other than that I really like the team! It's a very nice HO, and I might just give it a try. Just wanted to let you know!
You are right, thank you for the correction, i've edited it! I'm glad you like the team, feel free to use it

I'm happy to announce that this team has been nominated for RMT of the Week, which is a big honour for me as there are many good teams posted in this forum! Thanks to all the people that has used the team, even the ones that had clicked to read this RMT just to have a look at it.

I think the RMT of the Week is a very interesting initiative from the Rate My Team staff so i want as many people as possible knowing about its existence. The RMT of the Week is a voting process where you can vote the team you like the most among the nominated ones. Here's the link where you can have a look at the rest of the teams that have been nominated http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-of-the-week-v6-week-26.3608644/

I want to thank IronBullet for nominating my team, means a lot to me seeing my work rewarded.

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Congrats on being nominated for team of the week! I really love the idea of Mega Heracross Bug because it reminds me of ORAS, but it is so much better in slower SM metagame. This team is really nice and the basic team structure is excellent, but there's a couple minor tweaks that can be made to make the team even better.
Here's my rate
Mega Heracross: When I used this team I found myself not being able to use Swords Dance Mega Heracross in majority of matchups outside of Flying and the extremely rare Stall Water. Most of the time when I was using Swords Dance Heracross I never used it because simply I didn't need the extra power, it wasn't worth taking a lot of damage, or wasn't worth being statused (paralysis, burn, and sometimes poison). To try to fix this issue I changed Swords Dance to Substitute. One of Mega Heracross' major flaws is it speed making it near impossible for it to have an impact against offense (Fairy, Electric, Ground, etc) with Swords Dance. With Substitute I found it extremely easy for Mega Heracross to have an impact in these matchups because Mega Heracross forces a lot of switches making it extremely easy to get behind a free Substitute (Against Ground it was against Gastrodon since most people try to fish for Scald burns, Electric Rotom-W tries to cripple with Will-O-Wisp the list goes on and on). With Substitute Normal matchup is almost guaranteed (being able to make imposter fail is really helpful since reverse Ditto sweep is no longer an issue), but you lose out on a valuable asset Poison matchup with couple minor tweaks. Another minor change is Jolly nature > Adamant nature this change allows you to outspeed Stallbreaker Mew(You can Avoid Will-O-Wisp without Webs), Substitute + Toxic Zapdos, Choice Banded Tapu Bulu, and Breloom. It's just not worth being outsped by all of those Pokemon without Sticky Web. This change allows Mega Heracross to avoid some unnecessary hits that it would have had to take before while also making it slightly less reliant on Sticky Web. Proposed Change(s): Substitute > Swords Dance & Jolly nature > Adamant Nature
Armaldo: One thing I've noticed with the team is how weak it is to Substitute + Toxic Zapdos once Zapdos gets a free Substitute it can basically wreck havoc sure you have Mega Heracross, but having another answer to such a common set is never a bad idea. I recommend Rock Blast > Rock Slide / Stone Edge this change allows Armaldo to easily shut down Substitute + Toxic Zapdos. With this change you aren't really losing much in terms of power either because Rock Blast can hit 2-5 times, which means it has a decent chance to be just as powerful as Stone Edge. Proposed Change(s): Rock Blast > Rock Slide / Stone Edge
Scizor: When I used this team I never really used Knock Off (I used Armaldo more for Knock Off's utility of removing items). So Pursuit > Knock Off this change allows Scizor to trap weakened threats (hazard removal, fast Pokemon with Rock coverage etc.) When I was able to trap, Mega Heracross was able to go in because often I would trap weakened revenge killers. This change made Mega Heracross' job a lot easier, while also being able 50 50's onto your opponent that would have never occurred making the team exponentially more threatening. Proposed Change(s): Pursuit > Knock Off
Scolipede: When I was using this team I was unsure if Scolipede was a proper fit, but since Fighting and Grass are nonexistent in the metagame it makes zero sense to replace it with Yanmega. One change I played with was Spikes > Protect and it worked surprisingly well like Spikes + 3 Attacks Greninja on Water and Dark teams. I found myself rarely missing Protect outside of few situations (Low HP Choice Scarf Togekiss, When I was unable to maintain Stick Web and offensive pressure this was a rare occurrence, and when I didn't play it out correctly)( Scizor OHKOs Scarf Nihlego and Terrakion with Choice Banded Bullet Punch so I really wasn't missing Protect in most matchups) With Spikes Mega Heracross effectively has no switch ins on Steel, Ground, and Psychic meaning it doesn't even need Swords Dance to net certain KOs. This also helped in Fairy matchup, which this team struggles with making it much easier for Scizor to clean since Scolipede can easily set up a Spikes on Klefki along with Sticky Webs being easy to maintain against Fairy teams(Defog Togekiss and Tapu Fini are uncommon on Fairy). Proposed Change(s): Spikes > Protect
Good Luck and Congratulations on being nominated for RMT of the week
Heracross @ Heracronite
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute
- Close Combat

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Rock Blast
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Congrats on being nominated for team of the week! I really love the idea of Mega Heracross Bug because it reminds me of ORAS, but it is so much better in slower SM metagame. This team is really nice and the basic team structure is excellent, but there's a couple minor tweaks that can be made to make the team even better.
Here's my rate
Mega Heracross: When I used this team I found myself not being able to use Swords Dance Mega Heracross in majority of matchups outside of Flying and the extremely rare Stall Water. Most of the time when I was using Swords Dance Heracross I never used it because simply I didn't need the extra power, it wasn't worth taking a lot of damage, or wasn't worth being statused (paralysis, burn, and sometimes poison). To try to fix this issue I changed Swords Dance to Substitute. One of Mega Heracross' major flaws is it speed making it near impossible for it to have an impact against offense (Fairy, Electric, Ground, etc) with Swords Dance. With Substitute I found it extremely easy for Mega Heracross to have an impact in these matchups because Mega Heracross forces a lot of switches making it extremely easy to get behind a free Substitute (Against Ground it was against Gastrodon since most people try to fish for Scald burns, Electric Rotom-W tries to cripple with Will-O-Wisp the list goes on and on). With Substitute Normal matchup is almost guaranteed (being able to make imposter fail is really helpful since reverse Ditto sweep is no longer an issue), but you lose out on a valuable asset Poison matchup with couple minor tweaks. Another minor change is Jolly nature > Adamant nature this change allows you to outspeed Stallbreaker Mew(You can Avoid Will-O-Wisp without Webs), Substitute + Toxic Zapdos, Choice Banded Tapu Bulu, and Breloom. It's just not worth being outsped by all of those Pokemon without Sticky Web. This change allows Mega Heracross to avoid some unnecessary hits that it would have had to take before while also making it slightly less reliant on Sticky Web. Proposed Change(s): Substitute > Swords Dance & Jolly nature > Adamant Nature
Armaldo: One thing I've noticed with the team is how weak it is to Substitute + Toxic Zapdos once Zapdos gets a free Substitute it can basically wreck havoc sure you have Mega Heracross, but having another answer to such a common set is never a bad idea. I recommend Rock Blast > Rock Slide / Stone Edge this change allows Armaldo to easily shut down Substitute + Toxic Zapdos. With this change you aren't really losing much in terms of power either because Rock Blast can hit 2-5 times, which means it has a decent chance to be just as powerful as Stone Edge. Proposed Change(s): Rock Blast > Rock Slide / Stone Edge
Scizor: When I used this team I never really used Knock Off (I used Armaldo more for Knock Off's utility of removing items). So Pursuit > Knock Off this change allows Scizor to trap weakened threats (hazard removal, fast Pokemon with Rock coverage etc.) When I was able to trap, Mega Heracross was able to go in because often I would trap weakened revenge killers. This change made Mega Heracross' job a lot easier, while also being able 50 50's onto your opponent that would have never occurred making the team exponentially more threatening. Proposed Change(s): Pursuit > Knock Off
Scolipede: When I was using this team I was unsure if Scolipede was a proper fit, but since Fighting and Grass are nonexistent in the metagame it makes zero sense to replace it with Yanmega. One change I played with was Spikes > Protect and it worked surprisingly well like Spikes + 3 Attacks Greninja on Water and Dark teams. I found myself rarely missing Protect outside of few situations (Low HP Choice Scarf Togekiss, When I was unable to maintain Stick Web and offensive pressure this was a rare occurrence, and when I didn't play it out correctly)( Scizor OHKOs Scarf Nihlego and Terrakion with Choice Banded Bullet Punch so I really wasn't missing Protect in most matchups) With Spikes Mega Heracross effectively has no switch ins on Steel, Ground, and Psychic meaning it doesn't even need Swords Dance to net certain KOs. This also helped in Fairy matchup, which this team struggles with making it much easier for Scizor to clean since Scolipede can easily set up a Spikes on Klefki along with Sticky Webs being easy to maintain against Fairy teams(Defog Togekiss and Tapu Fini are uncommon on Fairy). Proposed Change(s): Spikes > Protect
Good Luck and Congratulations on being nominated for RMT of the week
Heracross @ Heracronite
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute
- Close Combat

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Rock Blast
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
Thank you for the rate Vid , happy to see you tried and tested the team so i can get feedback from an experienced player. Let's comment the changes you suggested:

• Replacing Sword Dance with Substitute it's a great change for the team for the reasons you explained above. Mega Hera has the problem of its low speed, and isn't always able to set up Sword Dance due to that reason. I remember liking Sword Dance to be able to break Toxapex without Galvantula, but Substitute is much better as Toxa can't break it and Mega Hera is free to wear it down. 0 SpA Toxapex Scald vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Heracross-Mega: 51-60 (15.5 - 18.2%) -- possible 6HKO
  • The change in Armaldo is understandable, for the reasons you explained before. Rock Blast has the accuracy while Rock Slide and Stone Edge have the higher power. In the time i've spent playing Monotype i've never seen a consensus among experienced players in the Rock move to run in Armaldo. Some people tell they prefer power over accuracy so they use Stone Edge, and other people say Rock Blast is better, so the team will be able to deal with SubToxic Zapdos. I usually see this when i put a pastebin of a team and ask for advice: whenever i have Rock Blast in Armaldo they say i should replace it with Stone Edge, and whenever i have Stone Edge/Rock Slide they say i should replace it with Rock Blast. In my opinion, Rock Blast seems more benefitial as you don't want Armaldo to hit hard, you want it to set rocks and remove hazards from your side. That's Armaldo's role, so i agree with this change you suggested.
  • The only matchups i remember using Knock Off with Scizor were Psychic and Ghost. Pursuit can work pretty well against Psychic, as most players will switch out fearing the U-turn or Bug Bite, so you can trap them. Against Ghost, Knock Off was really useful, mainly to have a second way of killing Jellicent. But thanks to the addition of Substitute in Mega Hera (Jellicent will fish for burns against it or use Will-o-Wisp, 0 SpA Jellicent Scald vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Heracross-Mega: 73-87 (22.1 - 26.4%) -- 10.9% chance to 4HKO) i don't really need that Knock Off a lot against Ghost. So again i agree with the change you suggested here.
  • Finally, replacing Protect with Spikes makes a lot of sense here. Scolipede can force switches so Spikes are good to exploit those turns and have a more success dealing with things like Fairy. While i know i'll be missing Protect sometimes, Spikes look more useful in the majority of situations.
Thank you again for the rate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)