Drifblim@ Leftovers
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 80 HP /252 SpD/176 Spe
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
~ Baton Pass
~ Substitute
~ Stockpile
~ Shadow Ball

Here's my lead. It Baton Passes big Substitutes and Stockpiles, while hitting hard with Shadow Ball. First, I Stockpile up, and then Substitute. I then Baton Pass.

Smeargle @ Shed Shell
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
~Ingrain
~Spore
~Agility
~Baton Pass

Smeargle is necessary for every Baton Pass chain: it is the only Pokémon that can set up Ingrain, which will prevent phazing and also help heal my team.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
~Swords Dance
~Baton Pass
~Iron Defense
~Iron Head
Look at this guy! He can hit hard with Iron Head after a couple Swords Dances, but the real purpose of this guy is to Swords Dance, Iron Defence, and then Baton Pass.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 60 Spe
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
~Baton Pass
~Substitute
~Ice Beam
~Wish

Another Baton Passer. This rocks, and it has very good defences. Wish for support, and the other moves are good, too. This guy is great, as I said. Substitute and Ice Beam work.

Mr. Mime @ Leftovers
Trait: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP/100 Def/56 Spd/102 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
~Baton Pass
~Calm Mind
~Thunderbolt
~Grass Knot

Soundproof prevents Roar from phazing my Baton Pass chain when I can't pass to Smeargle quickly enough. This thing has Thunderbolt and Grass Knot to deal with the common phazers such as Skarmory and Swampert.

Registeel @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Punch
~ ThunderPunch
~ Explosion

My finisher. Once I have enough boosts in store, Registeel comes in to destroy my opponent.As far as recipients go, Registeel is one of the best: sporting immunity to Sandstorm, immunity to Toxic Spikes and resistance to most priority attacks.

I' switch registeel out for lucario. I know it's a lot less bulky,but it can hit powerfully from both it's attack and sp attack stat and has a high base power stab and priority moves

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm afraid I don't understand your team at all. Why are you not passing speed boosts? That is the reason BP can even function well. You need to find something that can Agility or is named Ninjask for this team because otherwise, this team will not do very well at all. The EV spreads you got from my article (obviously) rely on the fact that you have 2 or 3 boosts in Speed so that you can get up Substitutes quicker, or Baton Pass out of a tough situation.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I don't think this is a very good attempt at a Baton Pass team to be honest, you need Speed for it to be able to function properly. If you're not faster than your opponent it's likely they'll be able to break your chain with something simple like a well-timed Explosion on one of your Substitute-less-mons before you can increase your Defence.

Substitute should probably be on the majority of your team, I'd honestly always have it on everything except maybe the finisher. I prefer Medicham or Zapdos as a finisher usually since they can also run Baton Pass if you ever need to get out of a tricky spot but don't want to lose your boosts. But as suggested already Lucario is another good one.

I also like Taunt if I can fit it in, as it's best to be able to Taunt other Taunters first if you can, as well as blocking Haze. Mean Look (Spider Web) is another good move to consider so you can trap a certain Pokémon on your opponent's team that is easier for you to set up on.

Also, I'm not sure if Ingrain is fixed on Shoddy Battle yet. You can still be blown away via Roar or Whirlwind, so watch out for that.

Yeah maddog, especially if you can Taunt when you see it coming. I don't know if that's typical, but you don't want all that work to be for nothing.

Out of those, only Mr. Mime & Smeargle can run it (and why not over Substitute? His aren't worth anything anyway).

Well, now Smeargle can pass Speed. So, there seems to be a lot of people have Registeel out. They want Lucario or Zapdos in. Well, I might try Lucario, but Zapdos is a PASSER in the article.

Hey, that is well and all, but I think Scizor would get more use out of Agility (and maybe if he were the lead, the speed is just that important). Smeargle with no attacks does kinda need Taunt. Oh yeah, and the Shed Shell...

Well sorry if I'm being rude but if your going to make a RMT, don't exactly copy 4 pokemon from the baton passing chains article. You should be creative.

Ok the first thing is that if your facing a bronzong, breloom, roserade lead than your drifblim plan i going down. If you want a better chance of succeding, try subing first, that way you can stockpile while there lead is stabing away at brifblim's bulky sub.

I also use a baton pass team for a finisher i always hate it when they have a focus sash last and they kill me. so you may want to consider stealth rock. Maybe replace scizor with with an sding gliscor. Plus you can use taunt if you want but that would rid you of an attacking move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)