Hey! Dragon. DRAGON. I don't do that tongue thing.

Hey-o, this is my first ever RMT, hope I do it a bit of justice. This particular team was made at the time Weavile was dropped back into UU, so the team is fairly new, but I think it's done well, I got to 76th on the ladder with it (Ooh, big shot making it to the top 100!) Shut up, it was good for me.

Starmie @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

The first member of the team is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time, Starmie. I've used it successfully for three generations now, and I've always defended it as the best offensive Rapid Spinner in the game.

But that's not what it's here for today. After watching it cleave Assault Vest Metagross in half with Specs Analytic Hydro Pump, I knew I had to try it. I've used Scarf Starmie in the past, as its excellent coverage and categorically bonkers speed means it can revenge just about anything, so I'm familiar with Choice-locked Starmie. But to see Psyshock drop a cool 90% on SpDef Florges switching in just does my heart good. Starmie is simple: Take a look at what's in right now, see what they could switch into, and click on the appropriate nuclear launch button.

The moveset is fairly standard, STABs plus some coverage. On a few previous teams I was running BoltBeam, but I started to see enough Water/Grounds on opposing teams to want to drop a move for Grass Knot. Thunderbolt was seeing the least usage, in part because of those Water/Grounds, plus I had Mega Ampharos whose Volt Switch was way more than powerful enough, so it got the boot. I kept Ice Beam for rogue Trevenants, who is an immense bastard. Hydro Pump is psychotically powerful, 2HKOing 252/0 Florges on the switch without any hazards. Psyshock is a wonderful catch-all tool if you don't want to risk a Hydro Pump miss or you think they'll switch in a special wall like Tentacruel to try to stuff Hydro Pump. One of my favorite parts about Starmie is its ability to cripple and KO any variant of Florges, despite Florges being such a good wall. SpDef Florges is OHKO'd half the time on the switch with Rocks with Psyshock, and PDef Florges faces a 2HKO on the switch with both Hydro Pump and Psyshock.

EVs are standard, maximum Special Attack and Speed with 4 in Special Defense to deny Download Pokemon a Special Attack boost.

WarAmphamon (Ampharos) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Heal Bell

WarAmphamon--I mean, Mega Ampharos, was a very happy surprise. This is the second Pokemon I faced multiple times and then wanted to try. Bulky Mega Ampharos is just a terror to behold, basically the only safe switch-in is a Ground-type. It's also damn tough to bring down, and it's my best answer to Mega Manectric, one of the most dangerous Pokemon in UU.

The moveset is mostly standard, with a little deviation. Volt Switch for that hot, hot momentum, as well as slapping the shit out of Suicune, Dragon Pulse hits like a truck, and Focus Blast punishes the shit out of Krookodile, who likes to switch in on a predicted Volt Switch, and Mega Aggron, who gets OHKO'd if he's physically defensive and 2HKO'd if specially. Heal Bell is the odd man out, but it's a total life-saver. I first ran this exact set on a bulkier team with Latias Wish support, and it was truly incredible. Latias kept everything healthy and Ampharos made sure they were never crippled. Unfortunately, Latias went OU shortly afterward, but I found my favorite Mega in that time. Self-Guts Heracross and Heal Bell might sound counter-intuitive, but with proper play it can actually give Heracross a last-ditch Guts-fueled blow before he goes down to Burn damage.

Standard EVs are standard (actually, literally all six of my Pokemon are running 252/252/4, so, uh). Max HP and 4 in SDef because fuck yes 90/105/110 bulk, and max Special Attack. For the record, Kyurem's Draco Meteor is only slightly more powerful than Ampharos' Dragon Pulse. Fuck yeah WarAmphamon.

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor

Not a whole lot to say about Kyurem. I wanted a Scarfer who still packed a little heat, so Kyurem's good base 95 Speed and great base 130 Special Attack worked out well for me. Speed-tying with Darmanitan is nice, as he never OHKOs without hazards, and Draco Meteor and Earth Power both have a decent chance to OHKO before hazards, and definitely after Flare Blitz recoil, given Kyurem's meaty HP stat.

Dragon Pulse and Ice Beam are useful for cleaning, Earth Power for Steel-types, and Draco for big damage on something I need to revenge. EVs are also extremely standard, with 4 in SpDef to give 5 switches into Rocks and keep Porygon from getting a Download boost.

Forretress @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

One of the big drops from OU, Forretress is one of the top utility Pokemon in the game, and one of the Pokemon I was looking forward to using with news of the Weavile drop. It's also been very useful in shutting down most other physical attackers. Victini and Darmanitan give it trouble, but with Rocky Helmet, Darmanitan takes just under 50% in recoil between Flare Blitz and Rocky Helmet while Victini is forced out by the threat of Weavile.

Spikes and Stealth Rock are standard, as is Rapid Spin. I went with Volt Switch as opposed to Gyro Ball to help maintain momentum and easing prediction. EVs are also standard, absolute maximum physical Defense with leftovers in Special Defense.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break

One of the first Pokemon to be booted to BL after UU was implemented, Weavile is now in his second generation of UU. Far and away the biggest buff he received was Knock Off getting boosted to 65 BP along with an additional 1.5x boost if it removes an item. After Mega Houndoom was found to be decidedly UU, Our Benevolent Dictator and the rest of the UU Council chose Weavile to be the next retest. Not wanting to miss out, I added him to the team and let him rip.

Knock Off is hands-down Weavile's biggest gift. You have to sacrifice Icicle Crash to get it, but it's worth it ten times over for the power behind Knock Off. In fact, it's the very move that pushed Weavile over the edge. Ice Shard is an excellent STAB move for revenging, and Ice Punch is good secondary STAB for hitting Megas that aren't Blastoise or Aggron. I originally ran Low Kick instead of Brick Break, and then I got bodied by a Dual Screen team. I promptly replaced Low Kick and haven't seen a screen since. Go figure.

Another 252/252/4 spread, this time with 4 EVs in HP. Don't know why, it's just where Showdown put them. I still get five switches into Rocks, so I'm happy with it.

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Facade

Probably my favorite Pokemon on this team after Ampharos or Starmie, the natural reaction to seeing Heracross in Team Preview is "Great, he's Scarfed." No, seriously, it's been fucking months since I've seen a Heracross that wasn't scarfed, it's out of control. That's part of why I love Guts Heracross so much. You get the unbridled power of the Choice Band with the ability to switch moves. You haven't lived until you've watched stall teams crumble before your eyes from the power of Guts Heracross. Fittingly enough, Heracross is my best answer to Stall teams, OHKOing a lot of very common stall Pokemon and 2HKOing at worst the rest.

The entire moveset is standard, to be honest. Close Combat and Megahorn are terrifically powerful, while Knock Off lets you crush Ghosts that wall your STABs, as well as cripple incoming Pokemon that rely on their item, like opposing Choice Scarf Pokemon. Facade, however, is the ace in the hole. Statused Facade gets boosted to 140 BP, and it lets you smack around a lot of Pokemon that don't really care too much about your STABs, like Nidoking and Florges. The ability to OHKO SpDef Florges is what made me fall in love with this set, since most of the time they wall you cold and OHKO or cripple with Moonblast.

I don't know what you want from me anymore about the EVs.

Conclusion
Welp, that's my first RMT. I'm just about done with this team, it's far too weak to dedicated stall to do much of anything once I start getting higher on the ladder. I'm ashamed to admit this, but I lost a game just yesterday because he kept switching and spamming Wish as I took Life Orb recoil on Weavile and Burn damage on Heracross. Meanwhile, I couldn't keep hazards on the field to punish his switches, and I eventually forfeited because I got tired of dealing with it.

Side note: I don't recall if I came up with it 100% on my own, but I came up with that Ampharos nickname after watching a gif of Mareep Warp Digivolve to Mega Ampharos. I have never been more proud of a word-related accomplishment of mine.
Extra side note: Had nothing to call this team, it doesn't revolve around any one Pokemon nearly enough to justify calling it that, but I had two Dragons so Mushu brought it home.

Hey, really cool team with some unique sets, so I don't want to suggest any big sweeping changes since preserving stuff like guts-cross and specsmie should be a priority. However, just looking at your team I can see a couple areas where you would probably struggle. It looks like you get volt-turned really hard, as Mega-Manetric sorta runs over your team if it comes in on anything that isn't Kyurem or Amphy, and neither of them enjoys your opponent getting a priority switch. In addition you really hate Scarf-Shao because it can pretty much pick you apart with U-turns by forcing slow mons like forry or heracross in. A solid easy poke to slap in there then would be SpecD florges since it can protect scout Shao as well as beat Manectric 1v1. Also, Ampharos loves getting wish passes since he has such great bulk, making Florges a good partner. It also lets you take heal bell of amphy and stick something a little more useful on there.

A more general change if full stall is giving you lots of problems would be to remove weavile for a standard stall breaker like taunt-wisp mew. In general I really don't think weavile has what it takes this UU season, his frailty and hazard weakness means he will really struggle to make his mark, especially with the ever popular Mega-Aggron running around.

Either way top 100 is a solid placing on a pretty competitive ladder currently, I'll probably see you on it.

Awesome, thanks. I was seriously considering dropping Heal Bell on Ampharos for HP Grass to nail all those Water/Ground switch-ins, but I really appreciated that clerical ability. Having something else pack it would do me a lot of good, as well as Wish Passing to pretty much all my Pokemon, but especially Ampharos and Heracross.

When Kyurem and Ampharos are healthy, I generally don't worry about Mega Manectric, since they take very little from the vast majority of his attacks and they smack him around a lot, but him Volt Switching on the switch has been a small issue, as well as wearing down Kyurem and Ampharos and then cleaning at the very end.

EDIT: Okay, so I wrote all this this morning and then never finished what I wanted to say but had to leave, so I return late at night to say this:

Just got swept by Calm Mind Cofagrigus and then Nasty Plot Mew because I didn't have Weavile to cripple them with a fast Knock Off, as I had lost Heracross earlier in the game against the Cofagrigus and Heracross was outsped by Mew. Still playing with Florges to see if I can make her work, but right now having her actually boned me significantly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)