Hidden OU (Final reveal pg. 17)

I know the feeling. Aura sphere become ridiculous ( 80 * 1.5 * 1.5 = 180 ), and dark pulse becomes pseudo-stab ( 80 * 1.5 = 120 ). Not to mention it gets nasty plot and agility for setting up.

Lucario gets Mega Launcher. Everything else gets fucked.
Well, it can't be the end of the world yet. I do believe we have other pokes left to see get revamped ( which I'm sure anothe rpoke gets a OP ability coming up.... ).

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
I was quite skeptical of this at first so I did some research on my own and believe it or not, I was able to confirm a lot of the leaks that Eevee posted on here. It took me a while of trawling through the japanese interwebs and copious amounts of Google translate, but here are some confirmations of some of the leaks that Eevee posted, along with a few new ones that I found:

Very interesting indeed. Hopefully your secret messenger will send you a stone tablet decoding this ancient language, so it will be easier to see what abilities these Pokemon have. I do realize I've mistranslated Cresselia's ability. It's actually Natural Cure, now that I look at it.
lol, I dunno how you mistranslated that. I don't know that language at all and I literally looked at it and said "that says Natural Cure".

Yes, I know Mega Luke was busted with Adaptability. But I'm sure there's a good Ability TEG Game Freak could give it without it being busted. Guts is terrible for a Mega. Even something silly like Analytic would work better for Mega Luke, allowing it to nail the switch-in extra hard when it forces something out. Well, at the very least you're now an idiot if you status Mega Lucario, so I suppose it's not all bad. Still seems like it might end up underpowered for a Mega.

Marvel Scale for Mega Latias? That's sad. Darn shame it's not Multiscale, especially considering the OPness of Adaptability Mega Latios. Shield Dust might be appreciated by Mega Latias as well, or possibly Wonder Skin.

For future reference, if Mega Heracross loses Skill Link then somebody is an idiot. Mega Heracross was designed around Skill Link. The only potentially reasonable substitution is Technician, but even that doesn't make as much sense.

This reminds me a lot of significantly more overpowered OU Theorymon.

I'm excited for Normalize Regigigas, though. Just gotta run Mega Launcher Lucario with Dark Pulse to take out Ghost, Rock and Steel types.

Wildcat Formation

flexibly adaptable to the situation
is a Tiering Contributor
Mega Alakazam with Pure Power sounds amazing. Base 50 Attack with Pure Power is exactly like Azumarill, and it still has that 175 special attack and 150 base speed. It learns physical moves like the elemental punches, drain punch, and knock off to eliminate those special walls. It becomes the ultimate all-out attacker.

Sand rush Rampardos sounds cool
but moltes just replaces charizard now and has a 50% accurate hurricane in sun

Not gonna believe just yet

mega Politoed with drizzle water flying typing with Hurricane when

lol, I dunno how you mistranslated that. I don't know that language at all and I literally looked at it and said "that says Natural Cure".

Yes, I know Mega Luke was busted with Adaptability. But I'm sure there's a good Ability TEG Game Freak could give it without it being busted. Guts is terrible for a Mega. Even something silly like Analytic would work better for Mega Luke, allowing it to nail the switch-in extra hard when it forces something out. Well, at the very least you're now an idiot if you status Mega Lucario, so I suppose it's not all bad. Still seems like it might end up underpowered for a Mega.

Marvel Scale for Mega Latias? That's sad. Darn shame it's not Multiscale, especially considering the OPness of Adaptability Mega Latios. Shield Dust might be appreciated by Mega Latias as well, or possibly Wonder Skin.

For future reference, if Mega Heracross loses Skill Link then somebody is an idiot. Mega Heracross was designed around Skill Link. The only potentially reasonable substitution is Technician, but even that doesn't make as much sense.

guts is a great ability for mega Lucario it would bring him down to OU and its would be a faster conkledurr less bulk

guts is a great ability for mega Lucario it would bring him down to OU and its would be a faster conkledurr less bulk
This guy is right, actually. Any ability that can bring Mega Luke down to OU and still make him viable is welcome. Guts is not that bad, it gives him immunity to burn's attack drop and gives him a bigger boost that Adaptability would give when statused (since Adaptability is only for STAB moves).

Reactions: EV

Or Magic Guard. I think Latias would appreciate Magic Guard. If Game Freak wants to go the OP route, they can even give her Magic Bounce. I'd love my Sparrowmon to have that upon Mega Evolving. It'd be like having a built in Psycho Shift.

EV

Banned deucer.
I'm at work but I just couldn't wait to share this update until I got home. After tracking down the parade of elephants (and wrestling a few to the ground that wouldn't hold still) I discovered a whole new list of changes. Game Freak continues to surprise and disgust at every turn.

I also have the confirmations from pages 5-6. The Reptile 's translations were correct but I'll post it anyway.

Regirock/Registeel/Regice: Solid Rock
Regigigas: Normalize
Darkrai: Frisk
Cresselia: Natural Cure
Riolu: Scrappy
Lucario: Mega Launcher
Mega Lucario: Guts
Latios/Latias: Synchronize
Mega Latios: Adaptability
Mega Latias: Marvel Scale
Shellos line: Immunity
Drifloon line: No Guard
Buneary line: Hustle
Mega Lopunny: Reckless
Mismagius line: Soundproof
Spiritomb: Cursed Body
Snorlax line: Guts
Togepi line: Pixilate
Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir: Infiltrator
Mega Gardevoir: Magic Bounce
Gallade: Analytic
Mega Gallade: Sheer Force
Duskull: Magician
Duslops/Dusknoir: Intimidate
Rotom and formes: Motor Drive
Machop line: Vital Spirit
Bellsprout line: Arena Trap
Doduo line: Technician
Seel: Oblivious
Dewgong: Fur Coat
Koffing line: Stench
Mr. Mime line: Prankster
Tauros: Defiant
Magikarp: Slow Start
Gyarados: Water Veil
Mega Gyarados: Strong Jaw
Omanyte line: Sticky Hold
Kabuto line: Tough Claws
Snivy line: Unnerve (#RIPContrary)
Tepig/Pignite: Magma Armor
Emboar: Bulletproof
Oshawott/Dewott: Hydration
Samurott: Lightning Rod
Pansage line: Chlorophyll
Pansear line: Solar Power
Panpour line: Swift Swim
Audino: Unaware
Mega Audino: Magic Bounce Guard (typo)
Throh: No Guard
Sawk: Scrappy
Ducklett line: Gale Wings
Axew line: Intimidate
Rufflet: Big Pecks
Braviary: Guts
Vullaby: Shell Armor
Mandibuzz: Oblivious
Larvesta: Gluttony
Volcarona: Heatproof
Cobalion: Weak Armor
Terrakion: Quick Feet
Virizion: Chlorophyll
Keldeo: Torrent
Meloetta: Download

I'm going to work on getting the new abilities that we have so far coded in Joim's Lab. I'll call it 'Hidden OU'.

Last edited:
I'm at work but I just couldn't wait to share this update until I got home. After tracking down the parade of elephants (and wrestling a few to the ground that wouldn't hold still) I discovered a whole new list of changes. Game Freak continues to surprise and disgust at every turn.

I also have the confirmations from pages 5-6. The Reptile 's translations were correct but I'll post it anyway.

Regirock/Registeel/Regice: Solid Rock
Regigigas: Normalize
Darkrai: Frisk
Cresselia: Natural Cure
Riolu: Scrappy
Lucario: Mega Launcher
Mega Lucario: Guts
Latios/Latias: Synchronize
Mega Latios: Adaptability
Mega Latias: Marvel Scale
Shellos line: Immunity
Drifloon line: No Guard
Buneary line: Hustle
Mega Lopunny: Reckless
Mismagius line: Soundproof
Spiritomb: Cursed Body
Snorlax line: Guts
Togepi line: Pixilate
Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir: Infiltrator
Mega Gardevoir: Magic Bounce
Gallade: Analytic
Mega Gallade: Sheer Force
Duskull: Magician
Duslops/Dusknoir: Intimidate
Rotom and formes: Motor Drive
Machop line: Vital Spirit
Bellsprout line: Arena Trap
Doduo line: Technician
Seel: Oblivious
Dewgong: Fur Coat
Koffing line: Stench
Mr. Mime line: Prankster
Tauros: Defiant
Magikarp: Slow Start
Gyarados: Water Veil
Mega Gyarados: Strong Jaw
Omanyte line: Sticky Hold
Kabuto line: Tough Claws
Snivy line: Unnerve (#RIPContrary)
Tepig/Pignite: Magma Armor
Emboar: Bulletproof
Oshawott/Dewott: Hydration
Samurott: Lightning Rod
Pansage line: Chlorophyll
Pansear line: Solar Power
Panpour line: Swift Swim
Audino: Unaware
Mega Audino: Magic Bounce
Throh: No Guard
Sawk: Scrappy
Ducklett line: Gale Wings
Axew line: Intimidate
Rufflet: Big Pecks
Braviary: Guts
Vullaby: Shell Armor
Mandibuzz: Oblivious
Larvesta: Gluttony
Volcarona: Heatproof
Cobalion: Weak Armor
Terrakion: Quick Feet
Virizion: Chlorophyll
Keldeo: Torrent
Meloetta: Download

I'm going to work on getting the new abilities that we have so far coded in Joim's Lab. I'll call it 'Alternate OU' because this literally looks like an alternate universe.
jes call it genVII

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Bulletproof Emboar, for all your Lucario countering needs

Edit: Adaptability Latios-Mega ARE YOU SERIOUS ;-;
252 SpA Adaptability Latios Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 272-320 (42.3 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
does more than standard Life Orb Latios

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
My boy Dewgong finally getting the recognition it needs #DonkeyGong

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Dewgong: 89-105 (23.1 - 27.3%) -- 59.8% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 135-160 (30.4 - 36%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

based
a
s
e
d

Another example of TrollFreak. Giving Regigigas an HA, but not Slaking. #freeSlaking
Slaking has Stall as its Hidden Ability

This so good and so bad at the same time. If they do change, that means Pokemon that we all know and love (Multiscale Dragonite, Protean Greninja, Gale Wings Talonflame) are all down the drain. Whats good is that sucky ass Pokemon get new chances, and it will be shooken up. However some of these abilities do not need to be changed. MEGA FREAKING ADAPTABILITY LATIOS. Protean Mew, Parental Bond Nidoqueen/King, ADAPTABILITY MILOTIC.

EDIT: Ohwait.

there is absolutely no way this is for real, so many of these are just far too outlandish.

EDIT: those abilities for mega Lati@s were originally rumored to be what they'd be getting before they were released

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)