SM OU Hitmonlee did what? OU Team ft. Hitmonlee

Hi, and welcome to my team. This team with Hitmonlee is not completely my own creation, at least not Hitmonlee's spread, but the rest of the team is. I've gotta say, that this team is one of the teams i'm most proud of making since I've been a Hitmonlee fan for the longest but never felt like a could play him in tiers as high as OU (which I predominantly play). Hitmonlee is overall the best of the three Hitmon's in my opinion and if played right, can sweep entire games. (This is one of the only teams that I know that works). One last thing before I get into the team. In no way am I saying Hitmonlee is a OU tier level pokemon since I know that theirs other pokemon that are generally better so you don't have to explain that to me. This is just a team to have fun with. Now on to the team!

hitmonlee.gif

Hitmonlee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reversal
- Blaze Kick
- Earthquake
- Endure

I think that Hitmonlee as a sweeper is the best way to play him. Sash with Unburden makes him faster than basically any OU pokemon, and the main idea is to combo those two things with Reversal to make Hitmonlee a fierce sweeper. I wasn't sure with adding Blaze Kick but I realized that if I do have to face off against Ferrothorn, Blaze Kick is a good counter. Earthquake is generally meant for Heatran as Heatran's Magma Storm can in some cases counter your strategy but I waso have it to chunk down Toxapex, and Endure is obviously used to keep Hitmonlee alive so that Reversal is at max power.

chansey.gif

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

I wanted a all around good wall pokemon so I went with Chansey. Chansey simply hard counters majority of offensive special pokemon and is not that bad at tanking some physical attacks as long as you keep Eviolite. The moveset is pretty standard and I went with Stealth Rocks over Aromatherapy since I think its better to play Chansey as a wall and hazard setter than just simply a wall. Aromatherapy is more for like stall teams.

tentacruel.gif

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Tentacruel is effective on this team as it stops a lot of momentum from pokemon like Celesteela, Ferrothorn and Tangrowth. Leech Seed is countered by Liquid Ooze, Knock Off gets rid of Lefty's and AV and Scald/Toxic can leave them crippled. I like Tentacruel on this team as well for its Rapid Spin niche.

magnezone.gif

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I realized that this team is fairly weak against Scarf Kartana and Mega Scizor so I added Magnezone to help my team deal with them better and is a good pivot for the team.

beedrill-mega.gif

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Drill Run

Mega Beedrill also serves as a pivot and a additional sweeper but is a good revenge kill for Ash Gren and Koko. SD is really reliable for obvious opponent switch outs to help you sweep a whole team.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Lastly is Lando T since he is a always good to have. He has pretty good bulk and Intimidate walls a lot of physical pokemon and is also my biggest check to Charizard X.

Please give me any tips to improve the team and thanks for reading

Attachments

Since Hitmonlee is kinda screwed if you're damaged without your Focus Sash being broken, consider using a Liechi Berry instead.

As the above poster said a Liechi Berry is probably better. Also since Hitmonlee is so weak to priority you could consider using a Tapu Lele for terrain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)