SM PU HO - Illumise and the bad guys

Illumise & the bad guys

with access to wish, aromatherapy and u-turn, illumise is one of the best support in the game

- The hyper offensive team i am presenting you guys today is based around well-known heavy offensive threats in the PU metagame. When i built this team, I wanted to start off with Silvally and its Dragon Memory. Its RKS System ability allows it to take the rare Dragon-type and by extension learn the move Draco Meteor that nukes anything that doesn't resist it. Not to mention it also has access to Defog and Parting Shot for utility.
- After putting Silvally, the next Pokémon that came to my mind was Aggron. Seriously, this thing hits like a truck when equiped with a Choice Band and checks many of Silvally's threats, namely Clefairy and Silvally with the Fairy Memory.
- My team needed a revenge killer, and there is Primeape, the premier Fighting-type Choice Scarf user of the tier with its nice offensive stats and its Defiant ability, that pressures opposing hazard removal.
- A Ground-type immunity and Stealth Rocks were starting to be needed, that's why Mesprit was added. I opted for an offensive set because it pressures opposing teams with its incredible coverage options and keeps the momentum with U-Turn. I chose Psyshock and Ice Beam for its good coverage and because my team needed a strong unexpected Z-Move, I gave it the Psychium Z, making its Psyshock hitting on the special side and thus giving it more wallbreaking options.
- Skuntank was brought in because trapping Psychic-types and Ghost-types was very beneficial to the team and we needed a strong priority move brought by its Sucker Punch.
- Finally, the team was very weak to status moves like Will-O-Wisp, Toxic and Thunder Wave, but also easily worn down by entry hazards. That's why we needed a cleric. I tried to use Komala as a Wish passer, but it wass too passive and pretictable and i started to look for a unique combination of moves in Wish, Heal Bell/Aromatherapy and U-Turn/Volt Switch/Parting Shot. The only two Pokémon that can learn this combination of moves are Jolteon and Illumise. I chose Illumise because i found it really interesting, as it got a noticeable stat increase in the seventh generation. I gave it the Lagging Tail in order to have a slow U-Turn and make sure to pass the wish to the next Pokémon.

Duc (Silvally-Dragon) @ Dragon Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Parting Shot

Lucie (Illumise) @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect

Rachid (Skuntank) (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

Momo (Primeape) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Seed Bomb
- U-turn

Mercredi (Mesprit) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Tungstène (Aggron) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Last edited:
OK, so, it’s very hard to read all at once when it’s all compact like that. I suggest you use hide tags and sprites in the spaces between Pokemon explanation to make it look better and easier to read. Other than that, nice team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)