SM OU HO Z Kommo-o + Metronome Celesteela [Peaked #1 - 2113 Elo]

Proof

Introduction : Since this team is everywhere on the ladder right now, i felt like i needed to do the rmt, i built it while i was streaming and wanted to make "a not mainstream HO". Not gonna lie i chose the mons without thinking too much, just because it looked cool. (My gxe dont mean too much, ive been playing with my main alt since 1 year during my streams with the wackest teams).

Team Building

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Clanging Scales
- Poison Jab
- Close Combat

This set is dumb. Im pretty sure 50% of my wins are just kommo-o sweeping, im not sure if its because this mon definitely is a threat in usm OU or because my opponents just didnt know how to handle it. Anyway that was my first choice in that team.

landorus-therian (1).gif

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Defog

Well its an hyper-offense, so i needed a suicide lead, i know defog+sr isnt that popular, but its a must have on the ladder for webs/tspikes/explosion landorus.
Landorus is the best offense-lead in USM OU, without any doubt. So i guess it wasnt a hard pick for this one.

Serperior @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
- Defog

I have no idea why Scarf serp hasnt been used that much during usm OU, i think its my favorite scarf atm. Be prepared to spam glare, because you will probably use it more than leaf storm. Serp is probably the most important pokemon in the team, you need it to beat almost everything, you should never let it die unless you really need to.

greninja.gif

Greninja (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot

Here we are. Prot gren is the most powerful mon in USM OU, or at least close second. How could an offense be good without prot gren, i wonder. I guess you dont even need spikes that much, maybe you could put extrasensory, or tspikes. Anyway gren need to do substantial damages, so dont take too much time stacking hazards, just get to the point.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I remember Leftiez saying Diancie might be quick-banned when it got introduced in SM-OU, of course it didnt happen but i feel like we still didnt explore the true potential of this pokemon. Ive seen a LOT of stealth rock/Diancie, but in my opinion the all-out set is a LOT better. You really need to hit zapdos/toxapex/ferro hard to help the team, i guess diancie can help against stall too if your opponent isnt too smart.

Celesteela @ Metronome
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower

HERE IT IS. Man, offensive celesteela probably is the most underestimed poke ever. Same thing for the metronome among the items.
Im not gonna lie, this set wont be that powerful if your opponent already knows the team, i think you rly need the element of surprise to do the work.

Main Threats

- Stall
- Toxapex
- Trick Room
- Being bad

Replays :

This team is particularly good against rain, im pretty sure i NEVER lost to any rain with it.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-894139920

Celesteela + kommo-o doing some work
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-888779223

Conclusion : I rly enjoyed playing this team, dont forget that's the most important thing with Pokemon.

(Sorry for my bad english?)

Attachments

Solid and creative team with a mon that is of my favorites. Congratulations for the result I see that you have been great. The only thing I add is that I see the image of Diancie under the set and not up like the others.

Magearna is not a threat?

Last edited:
Great team, I really like the uniqueness and have had a lot of fun testing it out. One question though, how do you handle seed Hawlucha with this team, it something I keep losing to unless something lucky happens

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)