Pet Mod Hoenn Gaiden - Slate 14 (Return and Rework)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that Glaceon and co. are updated in Dragon Heaven now. So thanks ViZaR, Ema Skye, and co. for that. I'm in the middle of writing something else, so between that and already blathering last pre-vote post, I'll be actually brief for once...for me anyway. I am a bit bummed that none of the three new moves won, especially since I can't tell if we're only supposed to have five winners again; I'm guessing so though since Ema Skye knows what she's doing:

:dracovish: Dracovish: No further comment at this time.

:marowak_alola: Marowak-Alola: I'm a bit surprised this one won despite it being the Alolan form I probably like the most overall. It's definitely going to have rather swingy match-ups, especially as maybe the only current mon that wants to (read: isn't forced to like Silvally) forego Leftovers while also having absolutely no way to avoid damage from either Sand or Hail. It also doesn't help that Golurk is already so good as a physical Ghost attacker that not only also ignores Sand damage but can even be boosted by it due to Sand Veil, all while Golurk also doesn't worried about getting auto-murdered by Dugtrio or hobbled by Knock Off either. I guess we'll see how this does in Hoenn Gaiden's OU though.

:kecleon: :octillery: :unown: Protean: While Kecleon will probably need even more of a boost and Unown is a lost cause as still literally the worst mon(s) in the entire series, Octillery should in theory be pretty decent now in at least Hoenn Gaiden UU. Its movepool was always at least somewhat decent as were its stats sans Speed. So now that it can actually distinguish itself from the multitude of other, even better Water mons beyond having Suction Cups, it should be "viable". I wouldn't be surprised if it too needed a bit of a boost later on, but what it has now seems at least somewhat workable with Protean despite its low Speed.

:slowking_galar: Slowking-Galar: Despite my (continued) wariness about this one, I do agree that all of the Neutralizing Gas interactions should be interesting. I just hope this winning doesn't end up strengthening Sand as much as it seems it might in theory, especially when it was initially put forth as a "Weather Disruptor" of all things. Shrug. This should be a good addition ignoring that possible indirect strengthening of Tyranitar of all things.

:flygon: Flygon: I don't have much to say about this one except that I'm glad Flygon is inherently different enough from Chesnaught and vice versa that this winning doesn't automatically obviate a mon that won in the slate just before it.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
[…] which is another deviation from the norm.
It better be good and interesting, if it is something to help out “unsalvageable ones due to awful BST / stat distribution” I’m all for it.

Now for the winners.

:dracovish: - No comment. Hope we don’t have a repeat from official Generation 8.

:marowak-alola: - It faces severe competition or is outright overshadowed with Golurk despite having Shadow Bone. It might find place in HGUU or lower, but for now, don’t expect its presence too much in HGOU unless Thick Bone Alolan Marowak is truly threatening.

Protean - Keep in mind that the user of Protean always have STAB, and Octillery, having mixed attacked stats, will make the best use of this Ability. A few of them might need a boost to make better use of the Ability, nonetheless.

:slowking-galar: - Corrosive Gas interaction will definitely make Glowking a counter against Magic Guard users such as Sableye. Still not a good idea to try switching on a Glaceon mid-turn though, as Sleep is Sleep, and Blizzard coming off 130 Base Special Attack will severely damages Glowking. Same goes for other Sleep-inducing opponents.

:flygon: - Not much comment, but I’m happy for those who want Flygon to get something good for this Pet Mod!

Ah yeah, Ema Skye forgot a winner. With the forgotten winner now remembered…

:exploud: - Boomburst. You really want a Ghost-type teammate because of this one!

Last edited:

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
thoughts on the mons

:Dracovish: - I like its typing but good structures for it don't immediately spring to mind. We'll see where the meta takes it, I suppose! Not many things carry Dragon moves.

:Marowak-Alola: - people who think this is gonna be bad are, with all due respect, very incorrect- there are no better physical attacking Ghosts. Golurk is nice but its defensive profile is deceptively cheeks against literally any special attacker. They both get free entry on Electrics, but what on earth is Golurk going to do when it gets 2hko'd by an ebelt hp ice zap or smth? Awak stone cold doesn't give af and thats why he's gonna be nice. NOT TO MENTION HE DOESNT DROP TO EEL DRAIN. Golurk isnt bad with Awak around but I don't like the assertion that Awak is gonna be bad lol

:Kecleon: :Unown: :Octillery: - none of these are gonna be meta viable off the bat but i'm hopeful that they serve as nice springboards for future buffs, much like any of these other ability/move subs. octopass (traveler) is gonna be funny at some point but i'm not sold that it has the power level yet. by the by i love ability/move slates and we should do more xoxo

:slowking-galar: - arena trap immune toxic immune mon that can lure certain mons pretty effectively. rly not sure how useful it'll be but i'm interested to try it out

:flygon: - didnt need a buff but ok it has spikes healing and ddance now lol this mon is gonna be genuinely a1 or some shit

can you tell which mon i'm most excited for? lol

sand is a fun and key metagame component and we are never banning it, thats silly, peace out

Ema Skye

Work!
Ok here's our next slate!

This time, we're going to give you a list of mons and each submission will be an adaption of that Pokemon to the HG OU meta. Kinda like what most other pet mods do so I don't think I really need to explain it. You don't have to submit for all of them.

Here is this slate:
:ss/lapras: :ss/arbok: :ss/relicanth: :ss/regieleki: :ss/stantler: :ss/alcremie:

This will go on for a few days. Reminder that these are the only Pokemon you can submit for.

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
Pokemon Name: :Stantler: Stantler :Stantler:
Stats: 91(+18)/116(+21)/96(+34)/85/71(+6)/71(-14) (BST: 530)
Type:
Normal
Abilities: Intimidate
Notable Moves:
:
Body Slam, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Facade, Frustration, Hidden Power, Iron Tail, Megahorn*, Return, Shadow Ball
:
Crunch*, Extrasensory, Hidden Power, Psychic, Solar Beam, Thief, Thunder, Thunderbolt
:
Attract, Calm Mind, Confuse Ray, Disable, Endure, Light Screen, Psych Up, Rain Dance, Reflect, Rest, Roar, Skill Swap, Slack Off*, Sleep Talk, Spite, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Thunder Wave, Toxic
Why it should be chosen: Stantler doesn't really even exist in vanilla, but it's somewhat salvaged by having Intimidate, one of the single strongest abilities ever released. I wanted to let it leverage that trait to be a physically tanky Normal-type with an ok speed tier. The movepool additions aren't gamebreaking for it, I hope, and I think it mostly doesn't cross streams with other Normal-types like Miltank and Tauros (admittedly they are absent from HGOU for the most part rn anyways)
Slack Off is because it didn't seem appealing to lack recovery on this particular mon. It's resilient physically while maintaining a threatening offense. You can even use the added longevity to make better use of fringe Psych Up strategies- we all know that this tier features a lot of setup sweeping. Roar for phazing, Megahorn because it would very much appreciate it, and the eternally fun Skill Swap.

More to come! Just wanted to strike while the iron was hot and get to resubmitting Stantler.

Pokemon Name: :Lapras: Lapras :Lapras:
Type: Water / Ice
Stats: 130/90(+5)/90(+10)/90(+5)/95/60 (BST: 555)
Abilities:
Water Absorb / Marvel Scale*
Notable Moves:
:
Body Slam, Double-Edge, Earthquake*, Facade, Frustration, Hidden Power, Iron Tail, Megahorn*, Return,
:
Blizzard, Hidden Power, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Icy Wind, Psychic, Surf, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Whirlpool*
:
Attract, Confuse Ray, Curse, Dragon Dance, Endure, Hail, Heal Bell, Nightmare, Perish Song, Protect, Rain Dance, Refresh, Rest, Roar, Safeguard, Sing, Tickle, Thunder Wave*, Toxic
Why it should be chosen: A big ol' chonker with a lot to offer...but nothing it excels at, because Water/Ice is SUPER garbage defensively.
Heal Bell and its' litany of other support options, including newfound access to Thunder Wave, allow it to have greater impact as a utility mon with hefty stats.
With the addition of EQ and Megahorn it has a real DD set now! Yay!
And most importantly of all...now it has Whirlpool for fun gimmick Perish Song strategies!

Pokemon Name: :Relicanth: Relicanth :Relicanth:
Type: Water / Rock
Stats: 111(+11)/95(+5)/135(+5)/45/70(+5)/66(+11) (BST: 522)
Abilities:
Rough Skin* / Rock Head
Notable Moves:
:
Ancient Power, Body Slam, Bounce*, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Facade, Flail*, Frustration, Hidden Power, Return, Rock Blast*, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Sludge Bomb*, Superpower*
:
Blizzard, Hidden Power, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Surf, Whirlpool*
:
Amnesia, Calm Mind, Endure, Hail, Iron Defense*, Protect, Psych Up, Rain Dance, Rest, Safeguard, Sandstorm, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Toxic, Yawn
Why it should be chosen: Relicanth is lacking any real identity in vanilla, aside from later gens when it gets access to Head Smash. Because it's not signature to Relicanth in those generations (thanks, Rampardos & co.) we are unfortunately locked out of it in this mod for the foreseeable future (hopefully one of these upcoming slates ends up being a move slate! We could use some spice.)
What this means is that Relicanth is a bit of a blank slate- any change to bring it towards a new direction is probably going to be welcome, so I spent a bit of time looking at its dex entries (fairly repetitive for Relly specifically :psysad:) to look for move and ability ideas. Since it states that Relicanth is covered in craggy, rock-like scales, I thought Rough Skin was a good choice for an ability, and since it currently sees competition with Omastar and Kabutops for a Rock/Water Swift Swimmer in vanilla, I decided to drop Swift Swim instead of Rock Head. Sorry to the 2 people who use rain
Bounce, Rock Blast, Flail, Whirlpool, and Iron Defense are just backwards compatibility things. It gets them later, and they don't break it, so they're coming along. I also gave it Sludge Bomb and the divisive Superpower. Hear me out- Superpower is a calling card of the Regi trio in vanilla Adv (as well as, bafflingly, Nidoqueen and Deoxys (and smeargle)) and Relicanth is one of the two mons you need to access them. Relicanth is also said to be "already a perfect life-form" according to Ultra Moon. I just kinda feel like it makes sense, given that :)

Last edited:
:regieleki:
Pokemon Name: Regieleki
Typing: Electric
Stats: 80 / 100 / 50 / 100 / 50 / 200
Abilities: Clear Body / Volt Absorb
Notable Moves: Thunder Cage, Reflect, Light Screen, Explosion, Substitute, Taunt*, Leech Seed*, Toxic*, Baton Pass*, Encore*
Why: The idea here is to create a utility pivot that uses blistering speed as a stand-in for Prankster. The new (old?) and improved Regieleki has dual Screens, SubPassing, and a lot more (Taunt, Encore, Leech Seed and Toxic) that it can use to support its teammates and hinder its foes. Theoretically, a Toxic Stall set is possible here, with Thunder Cage, Toxic, Encore, and Substitute, but it seems suboptimal.

Last edited:
:rs/arbok:
Pokemon Name: Arbok
Typing:

Stats: 80 | 106 | 100 | 65 | 69 | 100 (520 BST)
(+20 HP, +21 Atk, +31 Def, -10 SpDef, +20 Speed, +82 BST)
Abilities: Intimidate | Shed Skin
Notable Moves:
Earthquake, Shadow Ball*, Sludge Bomb, Rock Slide*, Hidden Power
literally nothing
Swords Dance*, Taunt*, Moonlight*, Toxic
Why it should be chosen: (sort of a WIP, might update later) with significantly more bulk, a better offensive typing, swords dance, moonlight and taunt, its surely a threatning pokemon. it sort of works as a counter lead with Taunt, preventing set-up sweepers or other pokemon from setting up spikes, and intimidate, forcing a switch due to its bulk. shed skin will probably not be used over intimidate, but its there.

:rs/lapras:
Pokemon Name: Lapras
Typing:

Stats: 120 | 75 | 80 | 95 | 105 | 80 (555 BST)
(-10 HP, -10 Atk, +10 SpAtk, +10 SpDef, +20 Speed, +20 BST)
Abilities: Water Absorb | Overcoat
Notable Moves:
no.
Ice Shard, Ice Beam, Dragon Claw*, Surf, Hydro Pump
Recover*, Perish Song(?), Toxic, Heal Bell
Why it should be chosen: (WIP, will finish eventually) as it turns out, Lapras doesnt really need much to become OU. it just needs a healing move and a better typing (and a better ability). and this is what i did, gave it a better typing, better stats, recovery and a better ability. recover is right there, toxic, heal bell. it has all it needs.

Oh, okay. So Exploud made it too. Cool. Noted.

I'll try to do at least three entries for Slate 11, but right now literal pain in my neck is making it rather difficult to concentrate even with all the work I've finished today despite it, so right now I'm only (reluctantly) submitting Regieleki. Have a good, safe weekend everyone.

*New addition to the mon in question
**New move by technicality on that mon (in the sense that it was pulled from its movepool in a future gen)

Typing:

Stats: 080 HP / 100 Atk / 050 Def / 100 SpA / 050 SpD / 200 Spe {no changes}
Abilities: Limber / Volt Absorb
Notable Moves: (Does NOT get Hidden Power. I'll leave it up to Ema Skye and the council if this gets Toxic should it win. The same goes for Thunder Cage I guess. Otherwise has all universal moves, which will be ignored here.)
Acrobatics, Ancient Power, Body Slam, Bounce, Extreme Speed, Hyper Beam, Rapid Spin, Self-Destruct {no longer gets Explosion since that seems like it would be insane in Gen III}
Crunch*, Foul Play*, Sucker Punch*, Thunder, Thunderbolt
Light Screen, Rain Dance, Reflect, Thunder Wave, Torment*
Why should this be chosen: Regieleki was/is another mon I was hoping this pet mod would avoid just due to The Divisive One™'s extreme speed, both literally and figuratively, being even more pronounced in a generation where both Choice Scarf doesn't exist and where Explosion and Self-Destruct halve Defense. While Regieleki doesn't only gets buffs in the transition due to losing, well, Transistor as well as Volt Switch, what it gains is overall more than it has lost relative to the changes in everything else too. Being a single-type mon that already had a shallow movepool means the type split doesn't really affect it, which is precisely why it shouldn't be allowed Hidden Power. Still, it needs something to allow it to not be simply Dugtrio food, and I'm personally not giving it Baton Pass, so the literally "evil" type (in Japan) of Dark is somehow the least evil option even if Crunch is painfully off-flavor--my kingdom for the humble, generic Night Slash; it was either that or Signal Beam, which is also tempting but screws over (far) more--see: Zarude and the already underwhelming Grass types--while Tyranitar can still tank it comfortably. Sucker Punch also looks weird given its blistering speed, but it has a twofold purpose of allowing Regieleki to play around opposing Sucker Punches while opening it up screwing itself over to think that just...use a status move in its face instead. Foul Play allows it to be a bit of an emergency measures against Baton Pass chains that rely on SpA (or to high SpA mons) without needing to Self-Destruct as well as hitting Ghosts. Finally, since its whole thing is Speed, Limber was the obvious choice of ability since Electric types aren't innately immune to paralysis in this gen while Volt Absorb just fits flavor.

(EDIT #1 [added 2021/08/21]: Ugh. Meant to post both Stantler and Relicanth last night, but between the severe neck pain and other busyness, I just feel asleep. Not sure if I'll get around to the three others, especially Alcremie since Z-nogyroP somehow did the exact typing I was going to do for that, just better. Oh well. At least I have finally realized that Curse isn't default on most things like for some reason I thought it was.)

Pokemon Name: Stantler
Typing:
/
Stats: 080 HP (+07) / 100 Atk (+05) / 085 Def (+23) / 070 SpA (-15) / 070 SpD (+05) / 105 Spe (+20) {465 BST → 510 BST}
Abilities: Intimidate / Cloud Nine*
Notable Moves: (Ignores all of the basically universal moves like Hidden Power, Protect, Rest, Substitute, Toxic, etc.)
Body Slam, Bounce**, Double-Edge, Double Kick**, Earthquake, Facade, High Jump Kick*, Jump Kick**, Megahorn**, Mega Kick*, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam**
Blizzard*, Giga Drain*, Ice Beam*, Psychic, Sucker Punch**, Thunder, Thunderbolt
Calm Mind, Hypnosis, Light Screen, Psych Up, Reflect, Recover*, Role Play, Roar, Skill Swap, Spite**, Swords Dance*, Thunder Wave
Why It Should Be Chosen: ...I swear I chose the typing before I stumbled across that random Pokemon Legends: Arceus spoiler yesterday morning after getting up super early due to increased neck pain. Speaking of increased pain, while Stantler's Atk is only marginally increased, its movepool has increased far more. While said movepool was largely pulling moves from the future it would later get, it also got, among other things, Recover and Swords Dance to help establish its niche as the fastest mon to get both and tied with Celebi for the mon with the most Atk with both, having an edge over Celebi since it actually gets STAB a physical type and has the coverage to dent that type's would-be checks. Despite being generous to the utterly forgettable Stantler, I did intentionally leave in some weaknesses, mostly on the defensively special side where it has a weakness to the Pursuit, the now-SpA-based Sucker Punch, and probably the also now-SpA-based Foul Play. (In fact, Stantler is so forgettable that I honestly forgot it existed before Best Gal brought it up for Slate 09, and I realized this morning I had never read its Pokedex entries, which is where the Cloud Nine and typing change justifications came from given the powers in its horns, though I largely just wanted a Normal/Psychic mon that actually wanted to use its Atk when it comes to the latter justification.)

Pokemon Name: Relicanth
Typing:
/

Stats: 100 HP / 090 Atk / 130 Def / 045 SpA / 082 SpD (+15) / 062 Spe (+07) {485 BST → 507 BST}
Abilities: Magic Guard* / Natural Cure* {replaces Swift Swim / Rock Head}
Notable Moves: (Ignores all of the basically universal moves like Hidden Power, Protect, Rest, Substitute, Toxic, etc.)
Ancient Power, Body Slam, Bounce**, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Rock Blast*, Rock Slide
[NONE]
Agility*, Amnesia, Curse*, Hail*, Iron Defense, Sandstorm, Yawn
Why It Should Be Chosen: I decided to basically ignore that the fact that this was a Water type since its initial stats basically already do and let it try to live up to being a tank more that just so happens to be weak to Electric and especially to Grass. I also decided to focus on "longevity" in a way that isn't just giving a healing move, which would be rather absurd with its physical defense and Magic Guard anyway. Natural Cure fits that and feels a bit redundant with Magic Guard perhaps, but it does actually have a significant niche between allowing Relicanth to abuse Rest as well allows it to be avoid being crippled by Burn since Magic Guard, for all its power, still suffers the attack drop from Burn. Finally, its base Speed is the rather peculiar 62 simply due to the fact that the supposedly "perfect life-form" (that isn't Mewtwo) should at least outspeed the most defining mon of the Gen, Tyranitar. (Natural Cure is also just nice insinuation if Magic Guard is deemed to be too powerful on this despite its meager buffs.)

(EDIT #2 [as of 2021/08/22]: Finally got versions of Arbok and Alcremie done that are...perhaps passable. Unsure if I will be able to do so for Lapras still.
EDIT #4 [as of 2021/08/24]: Finally remembered that as a Gen 8 mon, Alcremie needs both Hidden Power and Toxic "manually" added to it.)

Typing:
/
Stats: 080 HP (+20) / 095 Atk (+10) / 090 Def (+21) / 085 SpA (+20) / 090 SpD (+11) / 080 Spe {438 BST → 520 BST}
Abilities: Intimidate / Compound Eyes* {replaces Shed Skin}
Body Slam, Brick Break*, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Iron Tail, Rock Slide, Sludge Bomb
Beat Up, Crunch**, Future Sight*, Giga Drain, Psychic*, Pursuit, Sucker Punch**
Curse**, Glare, Haze, Hypnosis*, Refresh, Role Play*, Skill Swap*, Snatch**, Spite, Trick*
Why It Should Be Chosen: Given all of the better typing choices and designs for improving Arbok were arguably already taken as of two days ago, I decided to go in a more bizarre direction by leaning into Arbok's most striking visual feature: the "face" design(s) on its chest. So I leaned into the phenomenon of pareidolia to justify Compound Eyes, which help make this version of Arbok a status machine with access to a now 100% accurate Glare, 100% accurate Toxic, and a decently accurate Hypnosis (that doesn't outdo Glaceon's Lovely Kiss backed its own Compound Eyes). The added Psychic typing is in part due to that focus, as well as the focus on mysticism and snake's association with hypnotic aspects, and in part to make this Arbok an even better Intimidate user, if only against Fighting attacks. Psychic does somewhat undermine Intimidate by introducing a new weakness to Ghost, but this Arbok at least now gets both Crunch and Sucker Punch (from the future!) as well to do away with Ghosts on top having the SpA to back them up now; Arbok already had Rock Slide for most STAB Bug users. Finally, this Arbok having Compound Eyes, now passable SpA, and access to Future Sight also could gave it a niche as basically the only viable Future Sight user in all of Gen III, but Gen III Future Sight is...super weird between being typeless, being able to smack Dark types, and being able to miss normally among many other odd things that changed later. (At least Future Sight likely wouldn't be abusable due to this unlike this current Gen VIII with its five pivots, and there shouldn't be any real overlap between this Arbok and the just added Slowking-Galar despite them sharing a typing combination, especially since Arbok is still overall physically oriented.)

Pokemon Name: Alcremie
Typing:
*/
Stats: 065 HP / 060 Atk / 075 Def / 110 SpA / 110 SpD (-11) / 075 Spe (+11) {still 495 BST}
Abilities: Protean* / Trace*
Notable Moves: (Ignores all of the basically universal moves like Protect, Rest, Substitute, etc. except for the ones that need to be manually added to Gen 8 mons such as Hidden Power, Toxic, and Frustration and Return, not that the latter two are worth noting for this particular mon)
Acrobatics*, Rapid Spin*, Tri Attack
Flamethrower*, Giga Drain, Hidden Power [Dark]*, Hidden Power [Dragon]*, Ice Beam*, Psychic, Thunderbolt*, Solar Beam, Surf*
Acid Armor, Aromatherapy, Calm Mind, Charm, Encore, Fake Tears, Leech Seed*, Light Screen, Recover, Toxic*
Why It Should Be Chosen: Alcremie is a...very weird mon in general, and Fairy not existing just makes it even weirder to try to assign types to (especially when Z-nogyroP already took the typing combination I was initially thinking of). As such, I decided to instead focus on its new Ability given neither Sweet Veil nor Aroma Veil exist (yet), with Protean being the seemingly obvious focus both because Protean just won last slate without any immediately viable users for it and because of all the superficial form differences Alcremie has; Trace is there in part due to the same absurd amount of forms and in part as a bit of a placeholder since the other Abilities I was thinking didn't seem definitively useful compared to Protean. With Protean decided on, typing mattered a decent chunk less since it would change with every attack, so I focused on giving Alcremie at least one typing that was impactful on incoming, which is why it's Flying to avoid Spikes even though Milcery's Pokedex entries weirdly justify that; I imagine Milcery would be Flying/Water or Flying/Normal though--shrug. By virtue of its original stats, it was already going to be the fastest Protean user with its blistering base Speed of 64--kindly ignore Remoraid--even before the slight stat shift to both preserve Kecleon's current sole niche and be faster than Metagross. So...yeah, this Alcremie would be a new Protean user that can also moonlight as a Cleric with Rapid Spin and Calm Mind even when not using Protean. So while it might also need a later boost like Kecleon and Octillery doubtless will, it at least starts out in a better if weirder and more Ice Shard-vulnerable place than either of them. (Also, yes, both Rapid Spin and Acrobatics are a nod to its extremely weird evolution method, though I imagine it will only use the former. Just seemed weird for a Flying mon to not get one notable Flying attack even if it's happened before. Also, no, I don't intend to try to turn every new Fairy type into a Flying type.)

(EDIT #3: (as of 2021/08/23): I have finally made a Lapras that fits decent enough even though it feels a bit derivative. Still, I need it out of my head, and it's definitely the lesser evil of the other idea I had that would be far more obnoxious to place against if it won, so here it is.)

Typing:
/
Stats: 130 HP / 085 Atk / 095 Def (+15) / 085 SpA / 095 SpD / 065 Spe (+05) {535 BST → 555 BST}
Abilities: Analytic* / Thick Fat* {replaces Water Absorb / Shell Armor}
Ancient Power**, Body Slam, Iron Tail, Megahorn**, Signal Beam**
Blizzard, Dragon Breath**, Future Sight**, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Icy Wind, Outrage**, Psychic, Solar Beam**, Surf, Thunder, Thunderbolt
Curse, Dragon Dance, Heal Bell, Perish Song, Roar
Why It Should Be Chosen: This admittedly feels a bit derivative given the other entries, but I think that it's still distinct enough to be at least worth posting. As Regic Boat said, Lapras doesn't really need much; it just needs at least one better ability, move, and type. The new moves speak for themselves given they're all dragged from the future, which is a first; Dragon Claw didn't get added because Lapras clearly has flippers (says the person who gave Regieleki Crunch), which is an excuse for me to at least a bit cautious given all the other changes and its now even higher BST. The new Dragon typing is because Ice sucks as a typing for a defensive mon, which this Lapras still overall is. The new abilities are meant to help distinguish itself from Vaporeon (of all mons) and other bulky Waters by losing the now extra superfluous Water Absorb, with Analytic taking advantage of its still middling speed, the flavor of its high intellect, and its access to Curse and with Thick Fat also meaning this Lapras becomes the best Fire-resist in the game. Finally, the minimum boost in Speed means it at least now outspeeds the Normal-type bomb that is Exploud, which apparently is indeed 61 base Speed now instead of its initial 68.

Last edited:
:ss/arbok:
Pokémon Name: Arbok
Type: Poison / Dark
Stats: 90 (+30) / 115 (+20) / 69 / 65 / 79 / 80 (498 BST)
Abilities: Intimidate / Shed Skin
Notable Moves: + Dragon Dance, + Sucker Punch, + Foul Play, + Trick, Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Toxic, Glare, Crunch
Why it should be chosen: Part Dark-typing isn't really going to help Arbok offensively, but a Psychic immunity is very nice for setting up with its new Dragon Dance, since Coil still doesn't exist. Intimidate is obviously a fantastic ability, and with that and its Poison/Dark typing it should have no shortage of opportunities to set up. Earthquake + Rock Slide is your bread and butter physical coverage, and Sucker Punch and Foul Play are fun spice. Too bad it's still Dugtrio bait, but you can't win 'em all.

:ss/lapras:
Pokémon Name: Lapras
Type: Dragon / Ice
Stats: 130 / 85 / 80 / 85 / 95 / 60 (535 BST)
Abilities: Water Absorb / Thick Fat
Notable Moves: + Ice Shard, + Dragon Claw, + Outrage, + Recover, Hydro Pump, Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Perish Song, Refresh, Toxic, Hidden Power, Heal Bell
Why it should be chosen: There's no shortage of bulky Water-types around, so this Lapras takes a slightly different angle. Dragon/Ice isn't a great defensive typing, but it's unique, and it makes Lapras a Dragon-type that doesn't fear Abomasnow or Glaceon. It can now switch in on Grass, Water, and Electric-types and scare them out, and its new Thick Fat turns it into one of those rare Pokémon that resists BoltBeam. Water Absorb is another option to sit on Water-types even harder.

:ss/stantler:
Pokémon Name: Stantler
Type: Normal
Stats: 73 / 105 (+10) / 62 / 105 (+20) / 62 / 105 (+20) (515 BST)
Abilities: Intimidate / Compound Eyes
Notable Moves: + Mega Kick, + Ice Beam, + Blizzard, + High Jump Kick, + Megahorn, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Hypnosis, Calm Mind
Why it should be chosen: I know we just got a Compound Eyes user, but hey, Stantler is mixed! (And at least Stantler sort of has an extra pair of eyes...) Compound Eyes Mega Kick is a potent STAB, and its coverage now includes some very strong Thunders, Blizzards, Megahorns, and High Jump Kicks, all with 90% or more accuracy.

:ss/relicanth:
Pokémon Name: Relicanth
Stats: 100 / 90 / 130 / 75 (+30) / 75 (+10) / 55 (525 BST)
Abilities: Primordial Sea
Notable Moves: + Spikes, + Curse, Surf, Hydro Pump, Rock Slide, Ice Beam, Calm Mind, Earthquake, Rest, Yawn, Toxic
Why it should be chosen: I'm fully prepared for this to be illegal, but I figured I'd at least try. Relicanth is arguably the most fitting Pokémon in the game for Primordial Sea outside of Kyogre, we have a Desolate Land user in Sunflora, and with the buffs to its special stats it can actually make decent use out of its rain-boosted Water STAB. Another weather disruptor, this time a non-sand user that doesn't fold to Glowking.

:ss/alcremie:
Pokémon Name: Alcremie
Type: Normal / Grass
Stats: 85 (+20) / 50 (-10) / 75 / 110 / 121 / 74 (+10) (515 BST)
Abilities: Immunity / Vital Spirit
Notable Moves: + Rapid Spin, + Milk Drink, + Sleep Powder, + Leech Seed, + Toxic, + Hidden Power, + Return, Giga Drain, Aromatherapy, Acid Armor, Calm Mind, Psychic, Light Screen, Encore
Why it should be chosen: Alcremie is very weird to translate into gen 3. Normal / Grass allows it to come in on prominent Ghost-types like Golurk and Jellicent, and Immunity means it can't be poisoned. Obviously this is going to incur comparisons to Celebi, and admittedly it's hard for Alcremie to not be "Celebi but worse," but the ability to spin plus access to Sleep Powder combined with a Ghost immunity should give it an appreciable niche. Shame that Decorate can't really do anything for it.

:ss/regieleki:
Pokémon Name: Regieleki
Type: Electric
Stats: 80 / 100 / 50 / 100 / 50 / 200 (580 BST)
Abilities: Clear Body
Notable Moves: + Toxic, + Hidden Power, Thunderbolt, Explosion, Ancient Power, Extreme Speed, Rapid Spin, Acrobatics, Reflect, Light Screen
Why it should be chosen: Someone had to submit what was more or less a direct translation of Regieleki. It's fast, it does Electric-type things, it can spin and run HP Ice and Acrobatics and when all's said and done it can boom.

Last edited:
Stats: 80/50/100/50/100/200 (Atk swapped with Def, SpA swapped with SpD)
Notable Moves:
Explosion, Rapid Spin, Extreme Speed, Earthquake, Wrap
Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice/Water/Grass, Thunder, Foul Play
Recover, Toxic, Substitute, Rest, Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, Taunt, Rain Dance, Light Screen, Reflect
How It Fulfills the Concept: If I'm being completely honest, I'm a bit apprehensive about porting Regieleki into Gen 3 as is. Like, yeah, no Transistor with no insane boosting item makes it way weaker, but that Speed with actually decent power since it can afford to run very little Speed investment and 100 SpA is pretty good by Gen 3 standards, especially when Modest, plus Explosion off of an equally decent 100 Attack that murders most things that wanna take a TBolt, it seems super scary. I'm probably just being a worrywart, though, but nonetheless, here's something a little different that could make Eleki more interesting while staying balanced. 80/100/100 with reliable recovery is pretty good by Gen 3 standards and with a great support movepool of Toxic, Thunder Wave, Heal Bell, Screens, Taunt, and Rapid Spin, Regieleki can be an interesting fast support mon, somewhat similar to Deoxys-Speed or Jumpluff, but with a couple key differences. Deoxys is less passive than both of them and offers Spikes support, while Jumpluff has Sleep Powder and either annoys things with SubSeed or supports teammates by Baton Passing them a Swords Dance, and Regieleki is a spinner that memes all over Skarmory, even more so than Talonflame since it has Heal Bell and more PP on its recovery, Explosion, and probably one of the few things in the game that can viably run a dual screens set thanks to its Speed and Explosion. It can also still be offensive, since not needing much Speed investment lets you dump as much as you can into its low offenses (especially if you don't mind being slower than Deo), but I'd rather just use Jolteon for that.
Regieleki @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpD / 144 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic / Heal Bell / Explosion

Regieleki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin / Taunt / Rain Dance
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Regieleki @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 Atk / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Mild Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Recover
- Explosion

thunder cage moment (Regieleki) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Recover
- Wrap

Typing: Poison/Dragon
Stats: 101/101/69/85/101/80 (+41 HP, +16 Atk, +20 SpA, +22 SpD)
Notable Moves:
Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, Hidden Power Fighting, Rock Slide, Shadow Ball, Quick Attack
Outrage, Dragon Claw, Fire Blast, Sucker Punch, Giga Drain, Dragon Breath, Pursuit, Crunch, Flamethrower
Slack Off, Bulk Up, Refresh, Thunder Wave, Haze
How It Fulfills the Concept: Coil is just about the only thing Arbok has going for it in later gens, so lets make it good at using Coil-lite AKA Bulk Up. Intimidate, nice 101/101 Special bulk, and a typing that gives it key resistances to Electric, Grass, Fighting, and Water plus a Toxic immunity give Arbok a ton of opportunities to come in and click Bulk Up a few times. Then, with the help of Slack Off to stay healthy, Arbok can cleave through the opposing team with Sludge Bombs and Hidden Power Fightings (or EQs if you have a Magneton handy for Skarmory). It also has a couple options in Fire Blast to roast Skarmory with decent 85 Special Attack, defensive tools in Haze and Thunder Wave, Giga Drain to surprise Swampert, and Refresh to really stick it to Blissey and Will-O-Wisp users.
Arbok @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 60 SpD / 196 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Slack Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Earthquake

Arbok @ Leftovers / Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up / Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

mixed mence moment (Arbok) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sucker Punch / Slack Off
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

mixed mence moment (Arbok) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Slack Off
- Dragon Claw
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Haze / Fire Blast

Last edited:
:swsh/alcremie-matcha-cream:
Type: Poison
Stats: 85/110/90/60/131/64 (+20 HP, +15 Def, +10 Spd, swapped Spa with Atk)
Abilities: Natural Cure/Liquid Ooze
Notable Moves: +Toxic, +Hidden Power, Recover, +Sludge Bomb, +Rapid Spin, Aromatherapy, +Baton Pass, +Foul Play, +Shadow Ball, +Amnesia, Acid Armour
Why it should be chosen: Alcremie in the Gen 8 metagame is pretty underwhelming. Sure, you get to use a cute looking Pokemon that makes you hungry, but it doesn’t have much to offer. However, now it gains the Poison type and access to a variety of support moves such as Toxic, Baton Pass, Foul Play, and Rapid Spin. In Hoenn Gaiden, there really aren't too many viable defensive poison types. You got Koffing, Toxicroak, and I guess Skuntank and Gengar, so Alcremie adds something pretty decently new. It can eat hits and Recover back to full, or run a gimmicky set like Acid Armour/Amnesia/Recover/Attacking move. Foul Play allows it to hit physical attackers for a lot of damage, and it can spread poisons with Sludge Bomb. Natural Cure allows it to get rid of annoying statuses, like burn and paralysis, while also being immune to Toxic. Now, if you will excuse me, I have a craving for some whipped cream ;)

Typing: Ground / Psychic
Stats: 103 / 115 / 82 / 95 / 65 / 95
Abilities: Intimidate / Insomnia
Notable Moves: Earthquake, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Hypnosis,
How It Fulfills the Concept: Stantler fills the role of a mixed ground type with BoltBeam for Flying Types and STAB Psychic for gengar meaning it beats common ground checks like Mence, Flygon and the aforementioned Gengar, However it needs to chose between HP Bug for Celebi and HP Grass for Pert and it's still checked by Most Waters, Sp.Def Zapdos, Claydol, The 2 levitating electrics, and Non Celebi Bulky Grasses.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
:lapras:
Stats: 120 / 65 / 80 / 110 / 80 / 85 (535 BST)
Abilities: Water Absorb / Ice Body
Notable Moves: +Dragon Claw, +Ice Shard, Surf, Thunderbolt, Substitute,
Why it should be chosen: Kyurem, adapted for the HG format! Has a lot of coverage with a decent offensive spread for this meta, and is quite bulky as well. Appreciates Steel removal. We have so many Waters in the format that I wanted to take this in a different direction.

Stats: 80 / 75 / 75 / 75 / 75 / 200 (580 BST)
Notable Moves: Thunderbolt, Rapid Spin, +Hidden Power, Explosion, +Superpower, Ancient Power, ExtremeSpeed, Thunder Wave, +Toxic, +Baton Pass, +Ice Punch, +Earthquake, +Seismic Toss, +Superpower, +Aerial Ace, +Rock Tomb, +Rock Slide, +Fire Punch, +Focus Punch
Why it should be chosen: Through toning down the spread, we have a mon with decent revenge killing due to its speed tier, but it won't be getting many KOs on its own. While it does get lots of coverage, its stats will get in the way most of the time.

Last edited:
I am going to assume normal self-voting rules apply, though I am only going to self-vote twice anyway, so it's almost moot to ask. I just wanted to get this done before my neck or nose starts acting up again. Just glad to have a bit of respite there as well as a full slate where nothing I did got disqualified. [/huzzah low personal standards]

Regardless, have a good weekend everyone. Stay safe. Thanks for coding Slate 10 earlier this week also. I will PM a redo of Slate 08 through Slate 11 once this round of voting is done:

:lapras: Lapras: Regic Boat, Z-nogyroP
:arbok: Arbok: The Damned [self-vote], Yoshiblaze
:relicanth: Relicanth: Best Gal, Z-nogyroP
:regieleki: Regieleki: Yoshiblaze, Ema Skye
:stantler: Stantler: The Damned [self-vote], EmpoleonForLife
:alcremie: Alcremie: Z-nogyroP, EeveeGirl1380

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
:lapras: Lapras: Z-nogyroP, Ema Skye,
:arbok: Arbok: The Damned, Yoshiblaze
:stantler: Stantler: The Damned, EmpoleonForLife
:alcremie: Alcremie: Z-nogyroP, EeveeGirl

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
:lapras: Lapras: Ema Skye, Z-nogyroP
:arbok: Arbok: The Damned, Yoshiblaze
:stantler: Stantler: The Damned, EmpoleonForLife
:alcremie: Alcremie: EeveeGirl1380, Z-nogyroP

Lapras: Z-nogyroP (SV), Ema Skye
Arbok: Regic Boat, The Damned
Relicanth: Z-nogyroP (SV), The Damned
Regieleki: Yoshiblaze, Ema Skye
Stantler: Best Gal, EmpoleonForLife
Alcremie: Z-nogyroP (SV), The Damned

sub comp sub comp (if you dont just wanna scroll up)
Pokemon Name: :Stantler: Stantler :Stantler:
Stats: 91(+18)/116(+21)/96(+34)/85/71(+6)/71(-14) (BST: 530)
Type:
Normal
Abilities: Intimidate
Notable Moves:
:
Body Slam, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Facade, Frustration, Hidden Power, Iron Tail, Megahorn*, Return, Shadow Ball
:
Crunch*, Extrasensory, Hidden Power, Psychic, Solar Beam, Thief, Thunder, Thunderbolt
:
Attract, Calm Mind, Confuse Ray, Disable, Endure, Light Screen, Psych Up, Rain Dance, Reflect, Rest, Roar, Skill Swap, Slack Off*, Sleep Talk, Spite, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Thunder Wave, Toxic
Why it should be chosen: Stantler doesn't really even exist in vanilla, but it's somewhat salvaged by having Intimidate, one of the single strongest abilities ever released. I wanted to let it leverage that trait to be a physically tanky Normal-type with an ok speed tier. The movepool additions aren't gamebreaking for it, I hope, and I think it mostly doesn't cross streams with other Normal-types like Miltank and Tauros (admittedly they are absent from HGOU for the most part rn anyways)
Slack Off is because it didn't seem appealing to lack recovery on this particular mon. It's resilient physically while maintaining a threatening offense. You can even use the added longevity to make better use of fringe Psych Up strategies- we all know that this tier features a lot of setup sweeping. Roar for phazing, Megahorn because it would very much appreciate it, and the eternally fun Skill Swap.

More to come! Just wanted to strike while the iron was hot and get to resubmitting Stantler.

Pokemon Name: :Lapras: Lapras :Lapras:
Type: Water / Ice
Stats: 130/90(+5)/90(+10)/90(+5)/95/60 (BST: 555)
Abilities:
Water Absorb / Marvel Scale*
Notable Moves:
:
Body Slam, Double-Edge, Earthquake*, Facade, Frustration, Hidden Power, Iron Tail, Megahorn*, Return,
:
Blizzard, Hidden Power, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Icy Wind, Psychic, Surf, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Whirlpool*
:
Attract, Confuse Ray, Curse, Dragon Dance, Endure, Hail, Heal Bell, Nightmare, Perish Song, Protect, Rain Dance, Refresh, Rest, Roar, Safeguard, Sing, Tickle, Thunder Wave*, Toxic
Why it should be chosen: A big ol' chonker with a lot to offer...but nothing it excels at, because Water/Ice is SUPER garbage defensively.
Heal Bell and its' litany of other support options, including newfound access to Thunder Wave, allow it to have greater impact as a utility mon with hefty stats.
With the addition of EQ and Megahorn it has a real DD set now! Yay!
And most importantly of all...now it has Whirlpool for fun gimmick Perish Song strategies!

Pokemon Name: :Relicanth: Relicanth :Relicanth:
Stats: 111(+11)/95(+5)/135(+5)/45/70(+5)/66(+11) (BST: 522)
Abilities:
Rough Skin* / Rock Head
Notable Moves:
:
Ancient Power, Body Slam, Bounce*, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Facade, Flail*, Frustration, Hidden Power, Return, Rock Blast*, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Sludge Bomb*, Superpower*
:
Blizzard, Hidden Power, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Surf, Whirlpool*
:
Amnesia, Calm Mind, Endure, Hail, Iron Defense*, Protect, Psych Up, Rain Dance, Rest, Safeguard, Sandstorm, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Toxic, Yawn
Why it should be chosen: Relicanth is lacking any real identity in vanilla, aside from later gens when it gets access to Head Smash. Because it's not signature to Relicanth in those generations (thanks, Rampardos & co.) we are unfortunately locked out of it in this mod for the foreseeable future (hopefully one of these upcoming slates ends up being a move slate! We could use some spice.)
What this means is that Relicanth is a bit of a blank slate- any change to bring it towards a new direction is probably going to be welcome, so I spent a bit of time looking at its dex entries (fairly repetitive for Relly specifically :psysad:) to look for move and ability ideas. Since it states that Relicanth is covered in craggy, rock-like scales, I thought Rough Skin was a good choice for an ability, and since it currently sees competition with Omastar and Kabutops for a Rock/Water Swift Swimmer in vanilla, I decided to drop Swift Swim instead of Rock Head. Sorry to the 2 people who use rain
Bounce, Rock Blast, Flail, Whirlpool, and Iron Defense are just backwards compatibility things. It gets them later, and they don't break it, so they're coming along. I also gave it Sludge Bomb and the divisive Superpower. Hear me out- Superpower is a calling card of the Regi trio in vanilla Adv (as well as, bafflingly, Nidoqueen and Deoxys (and smeargle)) and Relicanth is one of the two mons you need to access them. Relicanth is also said to be "already a perfect life-form" according to Ultra Moon. I just kinda feel like it makes sense, given that :)
Stats: 80 / 100 / 50 / 100 / 50 / 200
Abilities: Clear Body / Volt Absorb
Notable Moves: Thunder Cage, Reflect, Light Screen, Explosion, Substitute, Taunt*, Leech Seed*, Toxic*, Baton Pass*, Encore*
Why: The idea here is to create a utility pivot that uses blistering speed as a stand-in for Prankster. The new (old?) and improved Regieleki has dual Screens, SubPassing, and a lot more (Taunt, Encore, Leech Seed and Toxic) that it can use to support its teammates and hinder its foes. Theoretically, a Toxic Stall set is possible here, with Thunder Cage, Toxic, Encore, and Substitute, but it seems suboptimal.
Typing:

Stats: 80 | 106 | 100 | 65 | 69 | 100 (520 BST)
(+20 HP, +21 Atk, +31 Def, -10 SpDef, +20 Speed, +82 BST)
Abilities: Intimidate | Shed Skin
Notable Moves:
Earthquake, Shadow Ball*, Sludge Bomb, Rock Slide*, Hidden Power
literally nothing
Swords Dance*, Taunt*, Moonlight*, Toxic
Why it should be chosen: (sort of a WIP, might update later) with significantly more bulk, a better offensive typing, swords dance, moonlight and taunt, its surely a threatning pokemon. it sort of works as a counter lead with Taunt, preventing set-up sweepers or other pokemon from setting up spikes, and intimidate, forcing a switch due to its bulk. shed skin will probably not be used over intimidate, but its there.

:rs/lapras:
Typing:

Stats: 120 | 75 | 80 | 95 | 105 | 80 (555 BST)
(-10 HP, -10 Atk, +10 SpAtk, +10 SpDef, +20 Speed, +20 BST)
Abilities: Water Absorb | Overcoat
Notable Moves:
no.
Ice Shard, Ice Beam, Dragon Claw*, Surf, Hydro Pump
Recover*, Perish Song(?), Toxic, Heal Bell
Why it should be chosen: (WIP, will finish eventually) as it turns out, Lapras doesnt really need much to become OU. it just needs a healing move and a better typing (and a better ability). and this is what i did, gave it a better typing, better stats, recovery and a better ability. recover is right there, toxic, heal bell. it has all it needs.
Oh, okay. So Exploud made it too. Cool. Noted.

I'll try to do at least three entries for Slate 11, but right now literal pain in my neck is making it rather difficult to concentrate even with all the work I've finished today despite it, so right now I'm only (reluctantly) submitting Regieleki. Have a good, safe weekend everyone.

*New addition to the mon in question
**New move by technicality on that mon (in the sense that it was pulled from its movepool in a future gen)

Typing:

Stats: 080 HP / 100 Atk / 050 Def / 100 SpA / 050 SpD / 200 Spe {no changes}
Abilities: Limber / Volt Absorb
Notable Moves: (Does NOT get Hidden Power. I'll leave it up to Ema Skye and the council if this gets Toxic should it win. The same goes for Thunder Cage I guess. Otherwise has all universal moves, which will be ignored here.)
Acrobatics, Ancient Power, Body Slam, Bounce, Extreme Speed, Hyper Beam, Rapid Spin, Self-Destruct {no longer gets Explosion since that seems like it would be insane in Gen III}
Crunch*, Foul Play*, Sucker Punch*, Thunder, Thunderbolt
Light Screen, Rain Dance, Reflect, Thunder Wave, Torment*
Why should this be chosen: Regieleki was/is another mon I was hoping this pet mod would avoid just due to The Divisive One™'s extreme speed, both literally and figuratively, being even more pronounced in a generation where both Choice Scarf doesn't exist and where Explosion and Self-Destruct halve Defense. While Regieleki doesn't only gets buffs in the transition due to losing, well, Transistor as well as Volt Switch, what it gains is overall more than it has lost relative to the changes in everything else too. Being a single-type mon that already had a shallow movepool means the type split doesn't really affect it, which is precisely why it shouldn't be allowed Hidden Power. Still, it needs something to allow it to not be simply Dugtrio food, and I'm personally not giving it Baton Pass, so the literally "evil" type (in Japan) of Dark is somehow the least evil option even if Crunch is painfully off-flavor--my kingdom for the humble, generic Night Slash; it was either that or Signal Beam, which is also tempting but screws over (far) more--see: Zarude and the already underwhelming Grass types--while Tyranitar can still tank it comfortably. Sucker Punch also looks weird given its blistering speed, but it has a twofold purpose of allowing Regieleki to play around opposing Sucker Punches while opening it up screwing itself over to think that just...use a status move in its face instead. Foul Play allows it to be a bit of an emergency measures against Baton Pass chains that rely on SpA (or to high SpA mons) without needing to Self-Destruct as well as hitting Ghosts. Finally, since its whole thing is Speed, Limber was the obvious choice of ability since Electric types aren't innately immune to paralysis in this gen while Volt Absorb just fits flavor.

(EDIT #1 [added 2021/08/21]: Ugh. Meant to post both Stantler and Relicanth last night, but between the severe neck pain and other busyness, I just feel asleep. Not sure if I'll get around to the three others, especially Alcremie since Z-nogyroP somehow did the exact typing I was going to do for that, just better. Oh well. At least I have finally realized that Curse isn't default on most things like for some reason I thought it was.)

Pokemon Name: Stantler
Typing:
/
Stats: 080 HP (+07) / 100 Atk (+05) / 085 Def (+23) / 070 SpA (-15) / 070 SpD (+05) / 105 Spe (+20) {465 BST → 510 BST}
Abilities: Intimidate / Cloud Nine*
Body Slam, Bounce**, Double-Edge, Double Kick**, Earthquake, Facade, High Jump Kick*, Jump Kick**, Megahorn**, Mega Kick*, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam**
Blizzard*, Giga Drain*, Ice Beam*, Psychic, Sucker Punch**, Thunder, Thunderbolt
Calm Mind, Hypnosis, Light Screen, Psych Up, Reflect, Recover*, Role Play, Roar, Skill Swap, Spite**, Swords Dance*, Thunder Wave
Why It Should Be Chosen: ...I swear I chose the typing before I stumbled across that random Pokemon Legends: Arceus spoiler yesterday morning after getting up super early due to increased neck pain. Speaking of increased pain, while Stantler's Atk is only marginally increased, its movepool has increased far more. While said movepool was largely pulling moves from the future it would later get, it also got, among other things, Recover and Swords Dance to help establish its niche as the fastest mon to get both and tied with Celebi for the mon with the most Atk with both, having an edge over Celebi since it actually gets STAB a physical type and has the coverage to dent that type's would-be checks. Despite being generous to the utterly forgettable Stantler, I did intentionally leave in some weaknesses, mostly on the defensively special side where it has a weakness to the Pursuit, the now-SpA-based Sucker Punch, and probably the also now-SpA-based Foul Play. (In fact, Stantler is so forgettable that I honestly forgot it existed before Best Gal brought it up for Slate 09, and I realized this morning I had never read its Pokedex entries, which is where the Cloud Nine and typing change justifications came from given the powers in its horns, though I largely just wanted a Normal/Psychic mon that actually wanted to use its Atk when it comes to the latter justification.)

Pokemon Name: Relicanth
Typing:
/

Stats: 100 HP / 090 Atk / 130 Def / 045 SpA / 082 SpD (+15) / 062 Spe (+07) {485 BST → 507 BST}
Abilities: Magic Guard* / Natural Cure* {replaces Swift Swim / Rock Head}
Ancient Power, Body Slam, Bounce**, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Rock Blast*, Rock Slide
[NONE]
Agility*, Amnesia, Curse*, Hail*, Iron Defense, Sandstorm, Yawn
Why It Should Be Chosen: I decided to basically ignore that the fact that this was a Water type since its initial stats basically already do and let it try to live up to being a tank more that just so happens to be weak to Electric and especially to Grass. I also decided to focus on "longevity" in a way that isn't just giving a healing move, which would be rather absurd with its physical defense and Magic Guard anyway. Natural Cure fits that and feels a bit redundant with Magic Guard perhaps, but it does actually have a significant niche between allowing Relicanth to abuse Rest as well allows it to be avoid being crippled by Burn since Magic Guard, for all its power, still suffers the attack drop from Burn. Finally, its base Speed is the rather peculiar 62 simply due to the fact that the supposedly "perfect life-form" (that isn't Mewtwo) should at least outspeed the most defining mon of the Gen, Tyranitar. (Natural Cure is also just nice insinuation if Magic Guard is deemed to be too powerful on this despite its meager buffs.)

(EDIT #2 [as of 2021/08/22]: Finally got versions of Arbok and Alcremie done that are...perhaps passable. Unsure if I will be able to do so for Lapras still.
EDIT #4 [as of 2021/08/24]: Finally remembered that as a Gen 8 mon, Alcremie needs both Hidden Power and Toxic "manually" added to it.)

Typing:
/
Stats: 080 HP (+20) / 095 Atk (+10) / 090 Def (+21) / 085 SpA (+20) / 090 SpD (+11) / 080 Spe {438 BST → 520 BST}
Abilities: Intimidate / Compound Eyes* {replaces Shed Skin}
Body Slam, Brick Break*, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Iron Tail, Rock Slide, Sludge Bomb
Beat Up, Crunch**, Future Sight*, Giga Drain, Psychic*, Pursuit, Sucker Punch**
Curse**, Glare, Haze, Hypnosis*, Refresh, Role Play*, Skill Swap*, Snatch**, Spite, Trick*
Why It Should Be Chosen: Given all of the better typing choices and designs for improving Arbok were arguably already taken as of two days ago, I decided to go in a more bizarre direction by leaning into Arbok's most striking visual feature: the "face" design(s) on its chest. So I leaned into the phenomenon of pareidolia to justify Compound Eyes, which help make this version of Arbok a status machine with access to a now 100% accurate Glare, 100% accurate Toxic, and a decently accurate Hypnosis (that doesn't outdo Glaceon's Lovely Kiss backed its own Compound Eyes). The added Psychic typing is in part due to that focus, as well as the focus on mysticism and snake's association with hypnotic aspects, and in part to make this Arbok an even better Intimidate user, if only against Fighting attacks. Psychic does somewhat undermine Intimidate by introducing a new weakness to Ghost, but this Arbok at least now gets both Crunch and Sucker Punch (from the future!) as well to do away with Ghosts on top having the SpA to back them up now; Arbok already had Rock Slide for most STAB Bug users. Finally, this Arbok having Compound Eyes, now passable SpA, and access to Future Sight also could gave it a niche as basically the only viable Future Sight user in all of Gen III, but Gen III Future Sight is...super weird between being typeless, being able to smack Dark types, and being able to miss normally among many other odd things that changed later. (At least Future Sight likely wouldn't be abusable due to this unlike this current Gen VIII with its five pivots, and there shouldn't be any real overlap between this Arbok and the just added Slowking-Galar despite them sharing a typing combination, especially since Arbok is still overall physically oriented.)

Typing:
*/
Stats: 065 HP / 060 Atk / 075 Def / 110 SpA / 110 SpD (-11) / 075 Spe (+11) {still 495 BST}
Abilities: Protean* / Trace*
Notable Moves: (Ignores all of the basically universal moves like Protect, Rest, Substitute, etc. except for the ones that need to be manually added to Gen 8 mons such as Hidden Power, Toxic, and Frustration and Return, not that the latter two are worth noting for this particular mon)
Acrobatics*, Rapid Spin*, Tri Attack
Flamethrower*, Giga Drain, Hidden Power [Dark]*, Hidden Power [Dragon]*, Ice Beam*, Psychic, Thunderbolt*, Solar Beam, Surf*
Acid Armor, Aromatherapy, Calm Mind, Charm, Encore, Fake Tears, Leech Seed*, Light Screen, Recover, Toxic*
Why It Should Be Chosen: Alcremie is a...very weird mon in general, and Fairy not existing just makes it even weirder to try to assign types to (especially when Z-nogyroP already took the typing combination I was initially thinking of). As such, I decided to instead focus on its new Ability given neither Sweet Veil nor Aroma Veil exist (yet), with Protean being the seemingly obvious focus both because Protean just won last slate without any immediately viable users for it and because of all the superficial form differences Alcremie has; Trace is there in part due to the same absurd amount of forms and in part as a bit of a placeholder since the other Abilities I was thinking didn't seem definitively useful compared to Protean. With Protean decided on, typing mattered a decent chunk less since it would change with every attack, so I focused on giving Alcremie at least one typing that was impactful on incoming, which is why it's Flying to avoid Spikes even though Milcery's Pokedex entries weirdly justify that; I imagine Milcery would be Flying/Water or Flying/Normal though--shrug. By virtue of its original stats, it was already going to be the fastest Protean user with its blistering base Speed of 64--kindly ignore Remoraid--even before the slight stat shift to both preserve Kecleon's current sole niche and be faster than Metagross. So...yeah, this Alcremie would be a new Protean user that can also moonlight as a Cleric with Rapid Spin and Calm Mind even when not using Protean. So while it might also need a later boost like Kecleon and Octillery doubtless will, it at least starts out in a better if weirder and more Ice Shard-vulnerable place than either of them. (Also, yes, both Rapid Spin and Acrobatics are a nod to its extremely weird evolution method, though I imagine it will only use the former. Just seemed weird for a Flying mon to not get one notable Flying attack even if it's happened before. Also, no, I don't intend to try to turn every new Fairy type into a Flying type.)

(EDIT #3: (as of 2021/08/23): I have finally made a Lapras that fits decent enough even though it feels a bit derivative. Still, I need it out of my head, and it's definitely the lesser evil of the other idea I had that would be far more obnoxious to place against if it won, so here it is.)

Typing:
/
Stats: 130 HP / 085 Atk / 095 Def (+15) / 085 SpA / 095 SpD / 065 Spe (+05) {535 BST → 555 BST}
Abilities: Analytic* / Thick Fat* {replaces Water Absorb / Shell Armor}
Ancient Power**, Body Slam, Iron Tail, Megahorn**, Signal Beam**
Blizzard, Dragon Breath**, Future Sight**, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Icy Wind, Outrage**, Psychic, Solar Beam**, Surf, Thunder, Thunderbolt
Curse, Dragon Dance, Heal Bell, Perish Song, Roar
Why It Should Be Chosen: This admittedly feels a bit derivative given the other entries, but I think that it's still distinct enough to be at least worth posting. As Regic Boat said, Lapras doesn't really need much; it just needs at least one better ability, move, and type. The new moves speak for themselves given they're all dragged from the future, which is a first; Dragon Claw didn't get added because Lapras clearly has flippers (says the person who gave Regieleki Crunch), which is an excuse for me to at least a bit cautious given all the other changes and its now even higher BST. The new Dragon typing is because Ice sucks as a typing for a defensive mon, which this Lapras still overall is. The new abilities are meant to help distinguish itself from Vaporeon (of all mons) and other bulky Waters by losing the now extra superfluous Water Absorb, with Analytic taking advantage of its still middling speed, the flavor of its high intellect, and its access to Curse and with Thick Fat also meaning this Lapras becomes the best Fire-resist in the game. Finally, the minimum boost in Speed means it at least now outspeeds the Normal-type bomb that is Exploud, which apparently is indeed 61 base Speed now instead of its initial 68.
:ss/arbok:
Type: Poison / Dark
Stats: 90 (+30) / 115 (+20) / 69 / 65 / 79 / 80 (498 BST)
Notable Moves: + Dragon Dance, + Sucker Punch, + Foul Play, + Trick, Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Toxic, Glare, Crunch
Why it should be chosen: Part Dark-typing isn't really going to help Arbok offensively, but a Psychic immunity is very nice for setting up with its new Dragon Dance, since Coil still doesn't exist. Intimidate is obviously a fantastic ability, and with that and its Poison/Dark typing it should have no shortage of opportunities to set up. Earthquake + Rock Slide is your bread and butter physical coverage, and Sucker Punch and Foul Play are fun spice. Too bad it's still Dugtrio bait, but you can't win 'em all.

:ss/lapras:
Stats: 130 / 85 / 80 / 85 / 95 / 60 (535 BST)
Abilities: Water Absorb / Thick Fat
Notable Moves: + Ice Shard, + Dragon Claw, + Outrage, + Recover, Hydro Pump, Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Perish Song, Refresh, Toxic, Hidden Power, Heal Bell
Why it should be chosen: There's no shortage of bulky Water-types around, so this Lapras takes a slightly different angle. Dragon/Ice isn't a great defensive typing, but it's unique, and it makes Lapras a Dragon-type that doesn't fear Abomasnow or Glaceon. It can now switch in on Grass, Water, and Electric-types and scare them out, and its new Thick Fat turns it into one of those rare Pokémon that resists BoltBeam. Water Absorb is another option to sit on Water-types even harder.

:ss/stantler:
Type: Normal
Stats: 73 / 105 (+10) / 62 / 105 (+20) / 62 / 105 (+20) (515 BST)
Abilities: Intimidate / Compound Eyes
Notable Moves: + Mega Kick, + Ice Beam, + Blizzard, + High Jump Kick, + Megahorn, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Hypnosis, Calm Mind
Why it should be chosen: I know we just got a Compound Eyes user, but hey, Stantler is mixed! (And at least Stantler sort of has an extra pair of eyes...) Compound Eyes Mega Kick is a potent STAB, and its coverage now includes some very strong Thunders, Blizzards, Megahorns, and High Jump Kicks, all with 90% or more accuracy.

:ss/relicanth:
Pokémon Name: Relicanth
Stats: 100 / 90 / 130 / 75 (+30) / 75 (+10) / 55 (525 BST)
Abilities: Primordial Sea
Notable Moves: + Spikes, + Curse, Surf, Hydro Pump, Rock Slide, Ice Beam, Calm Mind, Earthquake, Rest, Yawn, Toxic
Why it should be chosen: I'm fully prepared for this to be illegal, but I figured I'd at least try. Relicanth is arguably the most fitting Pokémon in the game for Primordial Sea outside of Kyogre, we have a Desolate Land user in Sunflora, and with the buffs to its special stats it can actually make decent use out of its rain-boosted Water STAB. Another weather disruptor, this time a non-sand user that doesn't fold to Glowking.

:ss/alcremie:
Pokémon Name: Alcremie
Type: Normal / Grass
Stats: 85 (+20) / 50 (-10) / 75 / 110 / 121 / 74 (+10) (515 BST)
Abilities: Immunity / Vital Spirit
Notable Moves: + Rapid Spin, + Milk Drink, + Sleep Powder, + Leech Seed, + Toxic, + Hidden Power, + Return, Giga Drain, Aromatherapy, Acid Armor, Calm Mind, Psychic, Light Screen, Encore
Why it should be chosen: Alcremie is very weird to translate into gen 3. Normal / Grass allows it to come in on prominent Ghost-types like Golurk and Jellicent, and Immunity means it can't be poisoned. Obviously this is going to incur comparisons to Celebi, and admittedly it's hard for Alcremie to not be "Celebi but worse," but the ability to spin plus access to Sleep Powder combined with a Ghost immunity should give it an appreciable niche. Shame that Decorate can't really do anything for it.

Stats: 80 / 100 / 50 / 100 / 50 / 200 (580 BST)
Notable Moves: + Toxic, + Hidden Power, Thunderbolt, Explosion, Ancient Power, Extreme Speed, Rapid Spin, Acrobatics, Reflect, Light Screen
Why it should be chosen: Someone had to submit what was more or less a direct translation of Regieleki. It's fast, it does Electric-type things, it can spin and run HP Ice and Acrobatics and when all's said and done it can boom.
Stats: 80/50/100/50/100/200 (Atk swapped with Def, SpA swapped with SpD)
Notable Moves:
Explosion, Rapid Spin, Extreme Speed, Earthquake, Wrap
Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice/Water/Grass, Thunder, Foul Play
Recover, Toxic, Substitute, Rest, Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, Taunt, Rain Dance, Light Screen, Reflect
How It Fulfills the Concept: If I'm being completely honest, I'm a bit apprehensive about porting Regieleki into Gen 3 as is. Like, yeah, no Transistor with no insane boosting item makes it way weaker, but that Speed with actually decent power since it can afford to run very little Speed investment and 100 SpA is pretty good by Gen 3 standards, especially when Modest, plus Explosion off of an equally decent 100 Attack that murders most things that wanna take a TBolt, it seems super scary. I'm probably just being a worrywart, though, but nonetheless, here's something a little different that could make Eleki more interesting while staying balanced. 80/100/100 with reliable recovery is pretty good by Gen 3 standards and with a great support movepool of Toxic, Thunder Wave, Heal Bell, Screens, Taunt, and Rapid Spin, Regieleki can be an interesting fast support mon, somewhat similar to Deoxys-Speed or Jumpluff, but with a couple key differences. Deoxys is less passive than both of them and offers Spikes support, while Jumpluff has Sleep Powder and either annoys things with SubSeed or supports teammates by Baton Passing them a Swords Dance, and Regieleki is a spinner that memes all over Skarmory, even more so than Talonflame since it has Heal Bell and more PP on its recovery, Explosion, and probably one of the few things in the game that can viably run a dual screens set thanks to its Speed and Explosion. It can also still be offensive, since not needing much Speed investment lets you dump as much as you can into its low offenses (especially if you don't mind being slower than Deo), but I'd rather just use Jolteon for that.
Regieleki @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic / Heal Bell / Explosion

Regieleki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin / Taunt / Rain Dance
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Regieleki @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 Atk / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Mild Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Recover
- Explosion

thunder cage moment (Regieleki) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Recover
- Wrap

Typing: Poison/Dragon
Stats: 101/101/69/85/101/80 (+41 HP, +16 Atk, +20 SpA, +22 SpD)
Notable Moves:
Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, Hidden Power Fighting, Rock Slide, Shadow Ball, Quick Attack
Outrage, Dragon Claw, Fire Blast, Sucker Punch, Giga Drain, Dragon Breath, Pursuit, Crunch, Flamethrower
Slack Off, Bulk Up, Refresh, Thunder Wave, Haze
How It Fulfills the Concept: Coil is just about the only thing Arbok has going for it in later gens, so lets make it good at using Coil-lite AKA Bulk Up. Intimidate, nice 101/101 Special bulk, and a typing that gives it key resistances to Electric, Grass, Fighting, and Water plus a Toxic immunity give Arbok a ton of opportunities to come in and click Bulk Up a few times. Then, with the help of Slack Off to stay healthy, Arbok can cleave through the opposing team with Sludge Bombs and Hidden Power Fightings (or EQs if you have a Magneton handy for Skarmory). It also has a couple options in Fire Blast to roast Skarmory with decent 85 Special Attack, defensive tools in Haze and Thunder Wave, Giga Drain to surprise Swampert, and Refresh to really stick it to Blissey and Will-O-Wisp users.
Arbok @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 60 SpD / 196 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Slack Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Earthquake

Arbok @ Leftovers / Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up / Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

mixed mence moment (Arbok) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sucker Punch / Slack Off
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

mixed mence moment (Arbok) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Slack Off
- Dragon Claw
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Haze / Fire Blast
:swsh/alcremie-matcha-cream:
Type: Poison
Stats: 85/110/90/60/131/64 (+20 HP, +15 Def, +10 Spd, swapped Spa with Atk)
Abilities: Natural Cure/Liquid Ooze
Notable Moves: +Toxic, +Hidden Power, Recover, +Sludge Bomb, +Rapid Spin, Aromatherapy, +Baton Pass, +Foul Play, +Shadow Ball, +Amnesia, Acid Armour
Why it should be chosen: Alcremie in the Gen 8 metagame is pretty underwhelming. Sure, you get to use a cute looking Pokemon that makes you hungry, but it doesn’t have much to offer. However, now it gains the Poison type and access to a variety of support moves such as Toxic, Baton Pass, Foul Play, and Rapid Spin. In Hoenn Gaiden, there really aren't too many viable defensive poison types. You got Koffing, Toxicroak, and I guess Skuntank and Gengar, so Alcremie adds something pretty decently new. It can eat hits and Recover back to full, or run a gimmicky set like Acid Armour/Amnesia/Recover/Attacking move. Foul Play allows it to hit physical attackers for a lot of damage, and it can spread poisons with Sludge Bomb. Natural Cure allows it to get rid of annoying statuses, like burn and paralysis, while also being immune to Toxic. Now, if you will excuse me, I have a craving for some whipped cream ;)

Typing: Ground / Psychic
Stats: 103 / 115 / 82 / 95 / 65 / 95
Abilities: Intimidate / Insomnia
Notable Moves: Earthquake, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Hypnosis,
How It Fulfills the Concept: Stantler fills the role of a mixed ground type with BoltBeam for Flying Types and STAB Psychic for gengar meaning it beats common ground checks like Mence, Flygon and the aforementioned Gengar, However it needs to chose between HP Bug for Celebi and HP Grass for Pert and it's still checked by Most Waters, Sp.Def Zapdos, Claydol, The 2 levitating electrics, and Non Celebi Bulky Grasses.
:lapras:
Stats: 120 / 65 / 80 / 110 / 80 / 85 (535 BST)
Abilities: Water Absorb / Ice Body
Notable Moves: +Dragon Claw, +Ice Shard, Surf, Thunderbolt, Substitute,
Why it should be chosen: Kyurem, adapted for the HG format! Has a lot of coverage with a decent offensive spread for this meta, and is quite bulky as well. Appreciates Steel removal. We have so many Waters in the format that I wanted to take this in a different direction.

Stats: 80 / 75 / 75 / 75 / 75 / 200 (580 BST)
Notable Moves: Thunderbolt, Rapid Spin, +Hidden Power, Explosion, +Superpower, Ancient Power, ExtremeSpeed, Thunder Wave, +Toxic, +Baton Pass, +Ice Punch, +Earthquake, +Seismic Toss, +Superpower, +Aerial Ace, +Rock Tomb, +Rock Slide, +Fire Punch, +Focus Punch
Why it should be chosen: Through toning down the spread, we have a mon with decent revenge killing due to its speed tier, but it won't be getting many KOs on its own. While it does get lots of coverage, its stats will get in the way most of the time.
:Arbok: Arbok: The Damned, Z-nogyroP
:Lapras: Lapras: Ema Skye
:Relicanth: Relicanth: Best Gal
:Alcremie: Alcremie: Eeveegirl1380, The Damned
:Regieleki: Regieleki: NeonNitroGlycerin, EmpoleonForLife
:Stantler: Stantler: EmpoleonForLife

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)