Pet Mod Hoenn Gaiden - Slate 14 (Return and Rework)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
And with that, Slate 7A Concludes, lots of awesome concepts that would be great for the meta. The voting for this slate will work exactly as it did for 6A

You vote for your top 4 and get 1 Self vote.
Excited to see what wins.

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Sorry for taking so long guys, without further ado(I’m lying). Let’s get hyped for Slate 7B, where the winning concepts from slate 7A will come to fruition as Pokémon are introduced to the Hoenn Gaiden Metagame that best represent this concept. Additionally a fun little surprise due to a tied vote between 2 categories.

Instead of 4 categories like in slate 6 we’ll be doing 5

The categories eligible to receive submissions are

Devamped Fairy
Double Buff
Reliable Answer to Electrics
New Gen Uber
Type Category Dissonance

You may start to submit ideas now :]

Last edited:
Thank you, Paulluxx. Congrats to the (five) winners. More importantly, congrats to Hoenn Gaiden as a whole for becoming Pet Mod of the Season. Technically I already said that when I edited the last post to rid it of typos, erroneously saying "month" instead of "season" there, but it can stand to be said again--correctly this time.

I think I may have a new viable laptop now, but I have so many things I need to catch up on in the next week, we'll see how it goes in like a week or so I guess. Sigh.

That said, I can still do two other things right now:

01. Link to the list of Fairy mons for those don't want to be bothered with scrolling up & down Teambuilder and for those who need to be reminded what mons weren't initially a Fairy type (since it can be easy to forget): https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fairy_(type).

02. Submit a seemingly weird idea that would nag at me otherwise. This will likely be the only mon I submit for 7B, but we'll see:

*New moves
**Technically Physical if there's either no weather (due to Cloud Nine or otherwise) or Sand is up

Concept Name: Devamped Fairy
Pokemon Name: Sylveon
Typing:

Stats: 095 HP / 110 Atk / 130 Def / 060 SpA / 065 SpD / 065 Spe (swapped Atk with SpA, Def with SpD, and then Spe with new SpA | old Atk)
Abilities: Cloud Nine (new ability; replaces Pixilate from Gen VI) / Cute Charm
Notable Moves: (Ignores all of the basically universal moves like Hidden Power, Protect, Rest, Substitute, Toxic, etc. outside of Curse in this instance)
(This would still get Hyper Voice, but that's strictly inferior to Return--and Frustration--now, so I'm noting it here to note how it's not notable...)
Acrobatics*, Aerial Ace*, Body Slam, Bounce*, Double-Edge, Facade, Fly*, Hyper Beam, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, Shadow Ball, Weather Ball**
[NONE]
Baton Pass, Calm Mind, Curse, Heal Bell, Magic Coat, Mirror Move*, Psych Up, Sing, Skill Swap, Tickle, Wish, Yawn
How It Fulfills the Concept: Well, it was one of first new Fairy-from-the-start mons, so... ...What? Don't look at me like that. Dodrio doesn't have wings either & still gets to be Flying just due to being a bird while Sirfetch'd somehow doesn't despite having both clearly functioning wings and the birdness of a bird capable of flight, and I'm just going with the other interpretation of Sylveon's name that makes sense given "sylph" and given its fluttering (possibly) flesh ribbons--blegh. We basically "have to" make it a physical mon anyway given all of the other Eeveelutions--including the still absent Leafeon and Glaceon--take up all the other special types already besides Dragon type, which would admittedly be amusing in its irony. So really this submission is just taking up the role of the "physically offensive and defensive Eeveelution" that Leafeon would have to at least partially vacate anyway if it was ever added to this mod and was remade to be viable.

As joky as this might initially seem, much like my Delibird submission apparently did (uh...sorry about that?), I think this could actually turn out well in its current form just with most of what Sylveon already had, the addition of Cloud Nine and actual Flying moves for STAB aside. The biggest evidence of this is that just by shuffling the stats around while keeping them Eeveelution appropriate, Flying-type Sylveon would become the secondmost physically bulky Flying-type in this Pet Mod, even over Gliscor's infamously bulky self, while simultaneously being one of the physically strongest. While placing second to only Skarmory of all things already isn't bad, it also doesn't have to worry about being trapped and murdered by Magneton like Skarmory does, especially since this Sylveon retains Baton Pass anyway. Sylveon (still) also actually resists Fighting unlike Skarmory, though at the price of being actually weak to Rock now.

Offensively, it's in theory rather decent too physically even with all of the Electric, Rock, and Steel mons running around and even with Flying moves being relatively...lackluster this gen unless you happen to get Drill Peck, which this intentionally doesn't; it can't be justified flavor-wise unfortunately, just like how Sky Attack arguably also can't. That said, Hidden Power both being able to be physical and 70 BP helps this a lot. The same goes for Shadow Ball happening to be physical now after being basically the only previously special move Sylveon got to keep of notable moves, especially when Hidden Power [Fighting] compliments Shadow Ball so well and breaks Tyranitar in half. Finally, this Sylveon is helped a lot by the fact that Acrobatics was one of the six winning moves of Slate 5, even more so when Sylveon can likely get away with not using an item (read: Leftovers) if it wants the power between retaining Wish and its newfound immunities to both Spikes and weather damage. (Just keep it away from status, particularly Burn, especially if you aren't using Heal Bell or Substitute.)

Between offense and defense lies its capacity for a supportive role, which is probably still there, especially with its access to Baton Pass as well as keeping Heal Bell and Wish. I can imagine its supportive moves could probably end up being used more "selfishly" now, however, given I'm almost sure that Wish would heal during Bounce or Fly and given the fact that Tickle, of all things, is in theory actually really good on something with both this much Atk and this much Def. Tickle possibly being good on anything, much less in Singles, is kind of hilarious as long as trapping (read: Shadow Tag) isn't involved.

Fortunately, it's not all sunshine and rainbows despite the literal Cloud Nine this now has. Aerodactyl, Skarmory, Tyranitar, and Zapdos commonly stalk the air and land, and even if Tyranitar at least kind of explodes if a strong Hidden Power [Fighting] so much as touches it and even if Stone Edge doesn't exist this gen (yet?), they're all still definitely problems. Additionally, when it comes to its other two weaknesses, this Sylveon probably explodes if a strong Electric or Ice attack so much as grazes it. Its Special Defense is lackluster in general now, so it gets bullied by the no longer resisted Pursuit and the newly added Sucker Punch being special in addition to every other non-Grass special attack; strong Grass attacks likely still dent this anyway; in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this took non-CB Tyranitar's Crunch worse than it did its Rock Slide. Finally, it's still relatively slow despite the minor speed boost that now makes it as "fast" as its secondmost slowest brethren. (I never noticed until now that the original Sylveon is the slowest Eeveelution.)

I say "fortunately" between the fact there's actually not much I had to add to make it theoretically strong and the fact that mons should have some weaknesses. I feel like Jellicent was a good ceiling of a strong mon to add to this pet mod, and we started with that. So I'm just keeping that in mind, which is part of why this is probably fine without getting Aerilate, which doesn't exist (yet?) anyway. If this wins, then I guess we'll see. (This similar feeling is why I ultimately resisted the temptation to give this Whirlwind too. It already has enough good Status moves anyway.)

EDIT: I think I actually proofread things well for once, so outside of four minor changes, this edit is almost solely because I ignored that Sylveon learning Sing could count as "notable". So that's noted under the Status category now. Beyond that, I am just noting that this will indeed be my only entry for 7B since the four Uber mons ideas I've had have either already been done or likely wouldn't add much of value even if they didn't break things and since it would be weird to try to tackle one of other winning categories in my present state of ignorance. Oh well.

Last edited:

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
Concept Name: Double Buff
Pokemon Name: :girafarig: Girafarig :girafarig:
Typing: Normal / Ghost
Stats: 82/93/82/93/82/98 (BST: 530) ((+3 Attack/Special Attack, +2 HP/Defense/Special Defense, +8 Speed)
Abilities: Limber / Synchronize
Notable Moves: Will-o-Wisp, Trick
How It Fulfills the Concept: Hoenn Gaiden's current Girafarig buff simply doesn't offer anything tempting in comparison to the other ghostie boys, but its typing is sick, so we can more or less fix it with little effort. The changes are Limber > Inner Focus (you're only realistically protected from Slide flinches from Aero, +1 Tar, and Hitmonlee- now Girafarig outpaces Lee), WoW and Trick as its "i am actually a ghost now" kit, and the minor stat updates aside from this are...literally just trying to do minimal brush ups but 90/90 offenses aren't great for threatening the mons you're trying to take advantage of. It should be viable without being overbearing with these buffs.

Concept Name: Electric Answer
Pokemon Name: :togedemaru:Togedemaru :togedemaru:
Typing: Electric / Steel
Stats: 85 / 98 / 73 / 60 / 83 / 106 (BST: 505) ((+20 HP/Special Attack, +10 Defense/Special Defense/Speed))
Abilities: Rough Skin / Volt Absorb
Notable Moves: Agility, Baton Pass, Encore, Endeavor, Endure, Fake Out, Iron Tail, Reversal, Spiky Shield, Substitute, Super Fang, Thief, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Wish
How It Fulfills the Concept: Resists Elec/Grass/Ice and has WishTect recovery, with a speed tier to outspeed all the viable electrics not called Raikou or Jolteon. Both of these are still handled. It normally would not learn Baton Pass, but with the removal of U-Turn from its kit and general lack of...actual ability to do things once it has successfully piloted in on an Electric mon aside from Toxing and fleeing, I felt as though it was the best way to give it things to do.

Additionally, hey! The speed tier allows it to threaten Cryogonal, Ledian, and skymall Santa!

Concept Name: New Gen Uber
Pokemon Name: :deoxys-speed:Deoxys-Speed :deoxys-speed:
Typing: Psychic
Stats: 50/85/70/85/70/165 (BST: 525) ((-10 Attack/Special Attack, -20 Defense/Special Defense, -15 Speed
Abilities: Pressure
Notable Moves: N/A
How It Fulfills the Concept: It's Deoxys Speed with nerfed stats. It's still number 1 fastest Pokemon, but now its attacks highkey just sort of go *tink* vs Jirachi. Yeah that's basically it it's gonna set Spikes and die. i really hate ubers mons so i wasnt gonna sub one but this seems fine.

Concept Name: Type Category Dissonance
Pokemon Name: :druddigon:Druddigon :druddigon:
Typing: Dragon
Stats: 77 / 120 / 90 / 60 / 90 / 53
Abilities: Rough Skin / Own Tempo
Notable Moves: Brick Break, Body Slam, Crunch, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Endure, Flamethrower, Glare, Roar, Rock Slide, Sludge Bomb, Substitute, Sunny Day, Surf, Taunt, Thunder Punch, Torment, Toxic
How It Fulfills the Concept: 120 Attack on a mon that has a Special-category STAB.

:dp/togekiss:
Concept Name: Dewamped Fairy
Name: Togekiss
Typing: Normal/Flying
Stats: 85/95/120/50/115/80 (A/B/C/D/E/F for A/C/D/B/E/F)
Abilities: Serene Grace/Hustle
Notable Moves: Return, Focus Punch, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Extreme Speed, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power....
How it fulfils this concept: Togekiss is one of the best Fairy types, and here it has a good attacking stat and good movepoool which can be expanded more with the Choice Band. Mostly it will spam ESpeed.

Last edited:
1625316060136.png

Concept: New Gen Uber
Pokemon: Naganadel
Typing: Poison / Dragon
Stats: 73 / 73 / 73 / 127 / 73 / 121 (BST: 540)
Ability: Poison Point
Notable Moves: Dragon Claw, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Fire Blast, Acrobatics, Spikes, Dragon Dance, Signal Beam, Return
How It Fulfills the Concept: Here, Naganadel loses the biggest thing that kept it in Ubers, which is Beast Boost. it still has its sky high special attack and speed, which it can take advantage of with dragon-type STAB and its coverage moves in Flamethrower/Fire Blast and T-bolt. Being a fast spikes-setter also has its advantages, and there's always the option of running Dragon Dance to take advantage of its poison STAB, if you're into bad sets.

1625316566218.png

Concept: Double Buff
Pokemon: Roselia
Typing: Grass / Poison
Abilities: Overcoat / Shield Dust
Stats: 65 / 90 / 120 / 90 / 95 / 70 (+15 HP, +15 SpD) (BST: 530)
Notable Moves: Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Extrasensory, Shadow Ball, Leech Seed, Spikes, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Aromatherapy, Swords Dance, Synthesis
How It Fulfills the Concept: With some extra help in the HP and SpDef department, Roselia becomes a better defensive mon, allowing it to more consistently set up spikes and support the rest of the team with Aromatherapy/Sleep Powder/Stun Spore. Its new ability Shield Dust can provide as a nice alternative to Overcoat depending on what kind of set you're running, particularly on a more offensive Swords Dance set, as it will prevent burns from fire moves and attack drops from Lunge.

1625399696156.png

Concept: Devamped Fairy
Pokemon: Comfey
Typing: Grass / Psychic
Abilities: Triage* / Natural Cure
*Increases the priority of HP restoring moves by one.
Stats: 60 / 52 / 94 / 85 / 110 / 84 (+9 HP, +4 Def, +3 SpA, -16 Spe) (BST: 485)
Notable Moves: Giga Drain, Extrasensory, Foul Play, Calm Mind, Sweet Kiss, Lovely Kiss, Leech Seed, Synthesis, Rest, Toxic, Taunt, Trick, Acrobatics, Endure, Encore
How It Fulfills the Concept: Comfey has always been an interesting pokemon due to its signature ability, Triage. This, along with Calm Mind, has given it a niche in newer generations, even if it's still beaten out by stronger mons. Here the same will hold true, although it's changed a bit by having the same typing as Celebi, and the new STAB Extrasensory to go with its Psychic typing. It can fulfill a more supportive role than Celebi though, with confusion and sleep as well as Aromatherapy, Taunt, and Trick. Foul Play also allows it to stop other Calm Mind users, and it can use Calm Mind itself, which is helped by priority Giga Drain but hurt by its relatively low Special Attack, meaning it will take a little bit to get going before it starts murdering things. With a more supportive role Natural Cure could be used, although Triage is still great no matter what build you're using for it. Its speed was lowered to 84 so that Toxicroak and Heracross could outspeed it (since it doesn't get priority on Extrasensory). In addition, Triage was nerfed to increasing priority by 1 instead of 3 to better fit the priority brackets of gen 3.

1625455566932.png

Concept: Type/Category Dissonance
Pokemon: Butterfree
Typing: Bug / Flying
Abilities: Compoundeyes / Shed Skin
Stats: 75 / 45 / 70 / 115 / 105 / 80 (+15 HP, +20 Def, +35 SpA, +25 SpD, +10 Spe) (BST: 490)
Notable Moves: Psychic, Giga Drain, Thunderbolt, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Rest, Draco Meteor*, Silver Wind, Acrobatics
*Gen 6+ version (130 BP, 90 Acc, Lowers SpA by two stages after use)
How It Fulfills the Concept: With great special attack and two physical types, Butterfree mainly relies on Psychic and its new Thunderbolt, and has Draco Meteor (which is new to the gen) in the back just in case it can't hit a pokemon with neutral damage out of those two types. It can use Compoundeyes to its advantage to spread status, and it can also potentially run Shed Skin+Rest for a more bulky set, especially with its buffed defenses.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
:dp/togekiss:
Concept Name: Dewamped Fairy
Name: Togekiss
Typing: Normal/Flying
Stats: 85/120/115/50/95/80 (Physical stats swapped with special stats)
Abilities: Serene Grace/Hustle
Notable Moves: Return, Focus Punch, Aerial Ace, Extreme Speed....
How it fulfils this concept: Togekiss is one of the best Fairy types, and here it has a gorgeus attack which can be expanded more with the Choice Band. Mostly it will spam ESpeed.
This is broken. Please change the attack stat.
View attachment 355665
Concept: New Gen Uber
Pokemon: Naganadel
Typing: Poison / Dragon
Stats: 73 / 73 / 73 / 127 / 73 / 127 (BST: 540)
Ability: Levitate
Notable Moves: Dragon Claw, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Fire Blast, Acrobatics, Spikes, Dragon Dance, Signal Beam, Return
How It Fulfills the Concept: Here, Naganadel loses the biggest thing that kept it in Ubers, which is Beast Boost. it still has its sky high special attack and speed, which it can take advantage of with dragon-type STAB and its coverage moves in Flamethrower/Fire Blast and T-bolt. Being a fast spikes-setter also has its advantages, and there's always the option of running Dragon Dance to take advantage of its poison STAB, if you're into bad sets.
Levitate makes this concerning. Can you change the ability to something weaker?

:ss/Mimikyu:
Pokémon Name: Mimikyu*
Typing:
Base Stats: 55 / 90 / 80 / 50 / 105 / 96 [BST: 476]
Ability: Disguise*
The first hit it takes is blocked, and it takes 1/8 HP damage instead.
Notable Moves:
+Brick Break, +Rock Slide, +Revenge, Shadow Ball
Swords Dance, Substitute, Will-O-Wisp, Destiny Bond
Mimikyu would be a great setup sweeper and wallbreaker. With its new typing, it would work great offensively. For Fighting-type's weakness to Psychic, its Ghost-typing would help offensively. For Ghost-type's resisted damage towards Dark and Steel-types, and Normal-type’s Ghost immunity, its Fighting-type would help. Disguise would be an interesting addition to the meta that would help it become a great setup sweeper and help it put pressure on spike setters. Its interesting speed tier would actually allow it to outspeed the likes of Silvally, Gliscor, Cloyster, etc.
- “It is believed that seeing its true form will cause a mysterious illness or even a painful death. Because of this, Mimikyu will become agitated and violently stop anyone from attempting to look underneath its rag.”
- “Repairing the rag correctly is often difficult for Mimikyu, so it cries a lot on the inside. It then seeks revenge on the one that damaged it, fearing that its true identity could have been exposed.”
Since Mimikyu seems to be a very feisty ghost, I interpreted this flavor text by replacing Mimikyu’s Fairy-type with fighting. I also added Revenge as a flavor move.
:ss/pyroar:
Pokémon Name: Pyroar*
Typing:
Base Stats: 85* / 110* / 75* / 70* / 65* / 106 [BST: 511*]
( Swap Atk/SpA, -1 HP, +1 Atk, +3 Def, +2 SpA, -1 SpD | +4 BST)
Abilities: Hyper Cutter* / Sand Veil*
Notable Moves:
+Earthquake, +Rock Slide, +Brick Break, +Explosion
Overheat, Fire Blast
Roar, Substitute, Will-O-Wisp
Pyroar would be a great offensive answer to Electric-types as it has an electric immunity and could resist grass and ice coverage. It could then threaten them back offensively with its Ground-type attacks. To offset it from other Fire-types, I focused its offenses into its attack. This would also make it have a more specific role as to not replace mons we already have in the meta. (Pyroar would also happen to be a great answer for Fire-types.) Its natural speed tier would benefit it a lot and put it right above a lot of Electric-types. (Minun/Plusle, Electabuzz, Manectric - 105 Speed / Only outsped by Electrode, Volbeat, Raikou, Jolteon) Hyper Cutter gives it a better matchup against Intimidate users like Salamence, and Sand Veil would make it a little more defensive in sand. While Pyroar is pretty optimized, it can easily be countered with Water-type attacks.
:ss/Genesect:
Pokémon Name: Genesect*
Typing:

Base Stats: 71 / 90* / 70* / 110* / 70* / 99 [BST: 510*]
( -30 Atk, -25 Def, -10 SpA, -25 SpD | -90 BST )
Abilities: Swarm*
Notable Moves:
Explosion, Extremespeed
Thunderbolt, Icebeam, Flamethrower, Giga Drain, Psychic
Substitute, Iron Defense
I decided to go for Genesect as a new gen uber since in HG it would no longer have access to Download and can’t run scarf sets. To go along with this nerf, I made its stats follow more of a glass cannon spread compared to its original. Genesect has amazing special coverage with boltbeam and more, and has a decent speed tier. Its 99 Speed would still put it right below a lot of mons in the 100 speed tier. (Salamence, Jirachi, Zapdos, Celebi, etc.) Plusle could also be a decent check for Genesect since it could resist most of its coverage, outspeed it, and hit it with STAB Fire-type moves.
:ss/zarude:
Pokémon Name: Zarude*
Typing:

Base Stats: 80* / 110* / 95* / 50* / 75* / 105 [BST: 515*]
( -25 HP, -10 Atk/Def, -20 SpA/SpD | -85 BST )
Abilities: Cloud Nine* (Replacing Leaf Guard since it is another weather related ability)
Superpower
Superpower is unnecessary on Zarude and was less distributed in Gen 3.
Notable Moves:
+Earthquake, Brick Break, Rock Slide, Acrobatics, Low Kick
+Foul Play, +Knock Off
Jungle Healing*, Substitute, Bulk Up
Jungle Healing: Heals 1/4 max HP, cures status.*
I went for Zarude as a Pokémon with type category dissonance since it had a nice attack and speed stat. What makes Zarude stand out is its signature move, which not only recovers some hp, but also cures its own status. This would help it fit a niche as a physical attacker as it could cure its own burns. Bulk Up would also be more viable on it as it could cure its own Toxic.

Last edited:
:ss/ninetales-alola:
Concept Name: Devamped Fairy Type
Pokemon Name: Ninetales-Alola
Typing: Ice/Ghost
Stats: 73/67/75/81/103/109 (508 BST)
(+3 Sp. Def)
Abilities: Overcoat/Ice Body
Notable Moves: Ice Beam, Psychic, Foul Play, Calm Mind, Pain Split, Heal Bell, Toxic, Blizzard, Hypnosis, Weather Ball
How It Fulfills the Concept: TBA

more coming soon i guess

Ema Skye

Work!
:xy/aegislash:
Name of Pokemon: Aegislash
Typing:

Stats: 60/50/150/50/150/60 [60/150/50/150/50/60] (520)
Abilities: Stance Change
Brick Break, Reversal, Rock Slide, Shadow Ball
Iron Defense, King's Shield, Swords Dance, Toxic
Close Combat, Iron Head, Shadow Sneak

Description: Why would I sub such a broken Pokémon? Well, gonna ban it and use the real submission instead.
With it being...
:xy/doublade:
Name of Pokemon: Doublade
Typing:

Stats: 59/110/150/45/49/35 (448)
Abilities: Hyper Cutter
Brick Break, Reversal, Rock Slide, Shadow Ball
Iron Defense, Swords Dance, Toxic
Close Combat, Iron Head, Shadow Sneak

Description: Now we're talking. It has amazing typing and decent stats for a NFE. It struggles a bit due to its low speed and bad special bulk, but it thanks to its typing, it can switch into the walls without much issue.

Doublade @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 120 HP / 176 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Brick Break
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
We aren’t introducing a new Pokémon to the tier for the purpose of banning it. This is being vetoed.

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:rs/camerupt:
Pokemon Name: Camerupt
Typing: Fire/Ground
Stats: 90/100/70/105/95/40 (500 BST)
Abilities: Magma Armor/Thick Fat
Notable Moves: Earthquake, Explosion, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Hidden Power, Slack Off, Roar, Toxic
How It Fulfills the Concept: Thanks to Thick Fat, Camerupt can become a boltbeam resist, letting it switch easily against HP Ice users. It can then threaten much of the format with its Ground+Fire coverage. I also gave it better special bulk and Slack Off, letting it counter the special attackers it is tasked with dealing with more consistently. While countering electrics is what Camerupt does best, it is still amazing at answering other special attackers. Pokemon like Moltres, Gengar, Celebi, Jirachi or Abomasnow will be unable to break through the camel. Camerupt is a phenomenal special tank that can also fire off dangerous attacks, but it struggles against most water types and physical attackers. It fares poorly against Surf and Earthquake and doesn't have the resistances to take common physical moves like Rock Slide well, limiting its defensive utility.

Italics = New, Underline = New to the Game

:rs/azumarill:
Pokémon Name: Azumarill
Typing: Water/Normal
Stats: 100/50/90/60/90/50 (+10 Def, SpA, SpD)
Abilities: Thick Fat / Huge Power
Notable Moves:
Double-Edge, Focus Punch, Brick Break, Hidden Power Ghost, Quick Attack
Hydro Pump, Ice Beam
Sing, Refresh
How It Fulfills the Concept: Fairly lowkey buff, but the addition of the Normal-typing with access to Quick Attack makes Azumarill a terrifying Revenge Killer, being able to pick off the likes of Jolteon, Volbeat, and Hitmonlee with priority. Plus, while weak, its Water STAB helps it against Gliscor and Golurk, though you could run HP Ghost for the latter and hit Jellicent. However, it's slow and if you wanna maximize power and go Banded, it can get easily abused by Skarmory and the plethora of Ghosts in the tier, but if you want and need a way to beat down fast mons, Azumarill is for you
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Focus Punch
- Quick Attack
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power Ghost
- Return / Quick Attack / Sing

:rs/piloswine:
Concept Name: Reliable Answer to Electrics
Pokémon Name: Piloswine
Typing: Ice/Ground
Stats: 100/100/95/100/75/50 (+10 SpA)
Abilities: Thick Fat / Ice Body
Notable Moves:
Earthquake, Rock Slide, Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Slack Off, Toxic, Roar
How It Fulfills the Concept: Thick Fat and recovery are all this thing really needs to have a niche, annoying every Electric-type until the end of time, except Superpower Eelektross, while having an interesting STAB combo with decent power that makes it tough to switch into. It still has some of its old problems, like a weird Defensive typing with a ton of weaknesses and being super slow, but with Slack Off and Thick Fat, Piloswine instantly becomes usable. Also, Ice Body sets get a nice boon, since before it was too slow to really set up its shenanigans without getting severely weakened, though Cryogonal's speed might still make it better at this
Piloswine @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Piloswine @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Toxic
- Slack Off

:dp/weavile:
Pokémon Name: Weavile
Typing: Dark/Ice
Stats: 70/120/65/45/85/125
Abilities: Pressure / Limber
Notable Moves:
Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Low Kick, Double-Edge, Brick Break
Ice Beam, Knock Off, Foul Play
Toxic, Swords Dance
How It Fulfills the Concept: Even with its ridiculous stats, Weavile may not seem too impressive thanks to its actually pretty barren physical movepool in this gen, which lacks STAB. However, its stats really do carry it, as with the addition of Earthquake, EQ/Shadow Ball/Fighting move threatens TTar, Jirachi, Gengar, Jellicent, Golurk, Blissey (if Brick Break and not Low Kick), Abomasnow, Celebi, Slowking, Plusle, Starmie, and more. It has the same cleaning potential as Aerodactyl or Jolteon, but trades 5 Speed for more raw power on its coverage and a couple tricks up its sleeve with Knock Off, Ice Beam for Gliscor and Mence, killing after some chip, and Swords Dance to ramp up its power.
Weavile @ Choice Band / Leftovers
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Brick Break
- Ice Beam / Swords Dance

:sm/dracovish:
Pokémon Name: Dracovish
Typing: Water/Dragon
Stats: 90/90/100/90/80/70 (+20 SpA)
Abilities: Sand Veil / Water Absorb
Notable Moves:
Earthquake, Lunge, Rock Slide, Super Fang
Dragon Claw, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Psychic, Crunch, Surf, Hidden Power
Toxic, Refresh
How It Fulfills the Concept: Vish was only broken for one reason and that was Fishious Rend and that doesn't exist here, so Dracovish is instantly very balanced. However, if I left it at that, it would kinda suck, so here's something more interesting. With Sand Veil making it immune to Sand damage, Refresh, Toxic, and Super Fang, Dracovish becomes a bulky Water that really annoys other bulky Waters. None of them appreciate Toxic, none of them other than Jellicent appreciate Super Fang, especially not Swampert, and all of them rely on status to damage Vish, which it can shrug off with Refresh. Plus, Water/Dragon is just overall a great defensive typing and its bulk is only a little worse than Swampert's, so Vish can find a lot of opportunities to come in. It hates not having reliable recovery, but with Sand Veil getting rid of Sand damage, it doesn't hurt quite as much as it could
Water Beater (Dracovish) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Super Fang
- Toxic
- Refresh / Protect

Dracovish @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

:rs/armaldo:
Concept Name: Double Buff
Pokémon Name: Armaldo
Typing: Rock/Bug
Stats: 75/129/100/40/80/71 (+4 Atk, -5 SpA, +1 SpD)
Abilities: Swift Swim / Battle Armor
Notable Moves:
(No new moves added)
Earthquake, Rock Slide, Signal Beam, Rock Blast, Hidden Power Ghost, Brick Break, Rapid Spin
Knock Off
Toxic, Swords Dance
How It Fulfills the Concept: A pretty slight buff cuz imo Armaldo is pretty underrated, but the re-addition of Battle Armor allows Armaldo to run its old defensive sets, just with higher Speed, while a slight Attack buff allows Armaldo to hit a little harder, with every inch helping in being able to threaten Jellicent with a SD boost. Still shines the most on the niche Rain and still runs into problems with Skarmory, Swampert, Jelli if unboosted, and Golurk, but it's less one note now. Also, being able to SD up without fearing a crit is kinda cool, I guess.
Rain (Armaldo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Signal Beam
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

New Rapid Spin (Armaldo) @ Leftovers / Choice Band
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake / Swords Dance

Classic Rapid Spin (Armaldo) @ Leftovers
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def
Adamant Nature
- Signal Beam / Hidden Power Ghost
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Knock Off (Armaldo) @ Leftovers
EVs: 202 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Def
Adamant Nature
- Hidden Power Bug
- Knock Off
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Last edited:

Concept Name: Reliable Answer to Electrics
Pokemon Name: Excadrill
Typing: Ground / Steel
Stats: 110/115/50/50/75/80
Abilities: Sand Veil / Pressure
Notable Moves:
Phy: Earthquake, Rock Slide, Rapid Spin, Sludge Bomb, Brick Break, Submission
Spec: N/A
Stat: Swords Dance, Substitute, Toxic, Protect
How It Fulfills the Concept: Excadrill uses it's great typing and ok bulk to check Eletrics like Zapdos and Jolteon. It's also a great offensive spiner that can clear the spikes that most offensive teams use to put walls in KO range, but it has a bad matchup vs Gengar and Jellicent so you need to chip them first and it's speed tier is not the best.

Concept Name: Utility Cart Devamped Fairy
Pokemon Name: Klefki
Typing: Steel / Psychic
Stats: 107/50/81/80/87/115
Abilities: Inner Focus / Synchronize
Notable Moves:
Phy: Explosion
Spec: Foul Play, Psychic, Knock Off
Stat: Spikes, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Protect, Calm Mind, Taunt, Trick, Encore, Baton Pass
How It Fulfills the Concept: Klefki is a great spikes lead due to it's good bulk (It lives CB Aero EQ from full) and high speed. With taunt it can prevent Spikes from skarm or Baton Pass from zapdos, get up spikes and use Explosion or Baton Pass to get a free swich to a powerful team mate. It can annoy swichs Knock Off, T-wave, Toxic or Spikes Chip. It can even use things like CB Trick and CM Pass to ruin lead skarm or take on lead mixed ttar with boosted Sp.def.

Last edited:
:ss/grimmsnarl:
Concept Name: Devamped Fairy Type
Pokemon Name: Grimmsnarl
Typing: Dark/Fighting
Stats: 95/120/75/90/85/60
Abilities: Pressure
Notable Moves:
Physical: Brick Break, Body Slam, *Earthquake, Fake Out, *Cross Chop
Special
: Crunch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Sucker Punch, Foul Play, *Hidden Power
Status
: Bulk Up, Taunt, *Toxic, Trick, Thunder Wave
How It Fulfills the Concept: WIP

:ss/greninja:
Pokemon Name: Greninja
Typing: Water/Dark
Stats: 72/95/67/103/71/110
Ability: Torrent
Notable Moves:
Physical: Acrobatics, Rock Slide, Low Kick, Quick Attack
Special: Blizzard, *Crunch, Extrasensory, Hydro Pump, Hidden Power, Ice Beam, Ice Punch

:ss/nihilego:
Pokemon Name: Nihilego
Typing: Rock/Poison
Stats: 109/53/47/120/125/103
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Notable Moves:
Physical: Body Slam, Foul Play, Rock Slide, Sludge Bomb
Special: Psychic, *Giga Drain, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Hidden Power, Knock Off

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Review time
Before I start, I wanted to apologise for my behavior in the discord server. I know that I was mean and lowkey toxic with my feedback on the submissions. ADV OU is my favourite metagame and I've been playing a lot and some of the subs feel out of nowhere and don't hit neither the mod or ADV very well. I truely care for this mod and I don't want to restrict the submissions, but at the same time I don't want it to end up like DLCmons.

Anyways, I'll give my opinions on the subs now.
This is a cool direction you took there. Flying is a good type in ADV with the lack of Stealth Rock and the physical tank approach makes it unique compared to other Flyers we have right now. I can't see this as an effective CB user but more as a bulky Curse Sweeper with Heal Bell and Wish.

Kinda messed up with Girafarig back then. My bad. Anyways, I think this buff makes it worth using. It has more utility with Will-O-Wisp and Trick and is a way better offensive threat and check to Hitmonlee.

Togedemaru annoys me. An Electric-type that has bad SpA. Still, I like the utility it provides for a team. It's speed tier is also very good.

Ngl, at the beginning of this mod, I thought that Deoxys-Speed might be worth unbanning if the mod developed a bit more. Still, this Deoxys-S looks pretty decent and cool ngl.

I really like Druddigon. A bulky, chip damage spreading mon with a ton of utility. It speed hurts it but Glare and other things in Taunt make up for it.

Already showed some calcs in the discord server and while I still believe that it might be too strong, it is still too much prediction reliant and RNG reliant, although the last point can be an argument as to why it isn't a good idea to have this. I personally think it's fine but it kinda concerns me.

I really like Naganadel. It is a cool offensive Spiker that hits hard and is really fast. I know that it looks crazy af, but Dragon Claw, while good as a STAB, makes Pokémon with decent special bulk and resistences to Fire Blast and Thunderbolt good checks. Also I can see DD sets being quite effective. Also Naganadel has 121 Speed not 127.

I honestly don't know what moves you gave Roselia, but looking at the notable moves and the stat buffs, it looks like a decent Pokémon now. Idt it will rock the meta now since Forretress, Cloyster and Skarmory are still better Spikers, but Roselia can also provide Statusspreading and -healing now.

Cool call on your part to not buff its SpA and Spe. Anyways, it looks pretty decent. While 85% outclassed by Celebi, it is a really cool revengekiller, given that most fast Pokémon are either weak to grass or frail, with the only exceptions that come to mind being Metagross and Salamance.

Mimikyu is cool. Tbh, I can see Mimikyu being the second S tier Pokémon. It has amazing typing, decent stats and probably the second best ability in the game besides Wonder Guard and unlike Shedinja, it will be really good.

I also like Pyroar. I initially planned a Camerupt buff, but Pyroar looks like a really good Electric-type answer. While the HPs from Zapdos and Jolteon are annoying, it still has bulk to tank those hits and has some longevity in a Sandstorm immunity and Sand Veil, which improves its bulk.

Genesect looks like a really solid mon. Extreme Speed and Explosion are really good moves, but its special movepool is where it shines. It is unpredictable and really strong.

Zarude looks really promising. It lacks STABs, which sucks but Jungle Healing is such an incredible move in a meta like ADV. Combine that with solid stats and a good defensive typing in ADV. Looks really good.

Probably better to go with Ice Body than Snow Warning since it would've been outclassed by Abomasnow as a setter. Its typing is meh, but it is a CM Sweeper with good longevity due to Ice Body in Hail and Heal Bell. Decent mon.

Already gave my thoughts on it in the discord server, but this Camerupt looks really solid as an answer to Electrics and Gengar. Going with the tank route is probably the best one for Camerupt.

Azumarill looks worth using. More bulk is always good, but the secondary STAB and priority really makes it decent. Water-types are usually specially oriented, which might be the best route for them, but Azumarill is still a menace with CB Huge Power STAB Double-Edge. That sounds scary.

Piloswine felt behind compared to the other winners of the ability Slate and it is still akward to EV with, but this buff helps it out. I still don't see it as a top threat that will appear in every game, but Thick Fat, Slack Off and a bit of special power is enough for it.

Weavile looks menacing. It SpA pisses me off (a mon with STAB Ice Beam that can't OHKO Salamance hurts) but its frailty allows it to run a -Defense Nature, so it can maybe take advantage of it. CB sets are really dangerous. No STAB hurts but the coverage is insane and Knock Off cripples its switch-ins. Looks really good.

I was sceptical on Dracovish at first, because of Kingdra, but defensively this mon is crazy. Amazing typing and great movepool for a defensive mon. This thing is nuts. I would still prefer Kingdra as an offensive mon, but Dracovish is really good as a wall.

Excadrill is a good Electric answer, but it is honestly borderline broken in this meta. It has no Mold Breaker, but it is a Pokémon that beats Spikers and Spinblockers, so it really hurts the Spikes metagame. Spikes are a crucial part of the metagame and denying them completely is huge. Remember, it was really good in BW, which is almost ADV Ubers.

Klefki looks good. It has really good role compression and good stats + typing to back it up. It has the potential to be really annoying so maybe lower its bulk a bit.

It also looks really cool. Decent bulk, decent attacking stats and varied movepool make it really threatening. Its speed hurts it but it will more than manage.

That's it for now. Cya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)