SM OU Homer Simpson OU Team (Nidoking + Snorlax Core)

Homer Balance.png
Hi Everyone Skuntank3800 here !

Today this is my 7th RTM for this moment, i based myself on the charcacter's of Homer Simpson is my charcarcter's favorious in the Simpson serie's. I've understood that Snorlax could have a niche in OU with a good Bulk and Special Defense which is correct, but Nidoking is an very nice pokemon too because he has a niche in OU. My last word that i thounght to test this team is very nice to play. ^_^

Homer Simpson's Squad

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Ev's: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Timid Nature
IV:0 Atk
-Earth Power
-Sludge Wave
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower

The first core imporant of Homer Simpson's team is Nidoking he has a good immunity on Electrick Move such as Volt Turn likes Tapu Koko or Magnezone, with the ability Sheer Force he does not lose due recoil by Life Orb. With Earth Power his strongest Ground STAB move allow reach some pokémon defensive like Toxapex or Jirachi and check some pokémon offensive such as Tapu Koko or Magnezone. Sludge Wave can break most of the defensive pokemon such as Clefable or Tangrowth, Ice Beam give of the big damage on big bulky pokémon likes Zapdos and can check Zygarde, Landorus Therian (Defensive), Salamence (if he not set up). I choose Flamethrower and not Substitute for reason to checking the Steel type like Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and Celesteela for so as to do some damage.

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Glutonny
Ev's: 252 HP/ 152 Def/ 104 SpD
Careful Nature
-Curse
-Recycle
-Return
-Earthquake

The second core of Homer Simpson's team is Snorlax. Snorlax have a good Bulky and he has a good Special Defense correct, grace with Curse his set up move which reduces it Speed and increases his Physical Attack and Defense 1 notch. With the ability Glutonny allow used instantly that berries and he can recovered his item by Recycle, i choose Earthquake why i did not put Fire Punch already with Nidoking i put Flamethrower for the reason of touch Celesteela, so with Earthquake he allows to beat Heatran, Magnezone, Tapu Koko,... And Return the Normal STAB move can allow's of do make the big damage once placed with Curse.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Ev's 248HP/ 252 Def/ 8 SpD
Impish Nature
-Roost
-Defog
-Spikes
-Brave Bird

Skarmory is the great wall for the team, despite that have an poor Special Defense but an Physical Defense really nice. With Roost he can restored these HP during a switch-in by opponent in order to keep his ability Sturdy intact, Defog is an great move for remove the entry hazard such Stealth Rock, Toxic Spike, but i have watch out for Mega Sableye with for the reason of Magic Bounce and Will-O-Wisp... Spikes is his only hazard move for give some free damage and punish on the opponent during his switching. and Brave Bird allow of give some damage with STAB Flying but i have to pay attention by this damage recoil.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Ev's 252 Atk/4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
-Earthquake

I prefered to choose its mega evolution form instead of its normal form, for the reason that he is less play even though he has an good bulk despite having had trouble to revenge kill with this 70 base stat on Speed. But with Dragon Dance he allow to boost his Physical Attack and Speed 1 notch and he can become very dangerous once placed, grace at Ice Punch he can check some Ground type such as Garchomp, Zygarde, and Landorus Therian... I choose Earthquake as usual for hit some Steel Type like Bisharp, Magearna,... and Stone Edge is his powerful Rock STAB but which is less accurate than Earthquake.

Hoopa Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
Ev's: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Hyperspace Furry
-Gunk Shot
-Fire Punch
-Zen Headbutt

I needed a powerful wallbreaker like Hoopa Unbound is an better option for play with only one choice on these move. Gunk Shot allows to check the Fairy type such as Clefable or Tapu Bulu but there is also Tangrowth which can be OHKO at 50%, with Fire Punch he can check Ferrothorn or Mega Scizor for in order to pass them well he 2HKO Skarmory or Celesteela. Hyperspace Furry his Dark STAB can allow to pass through the Protect used like Celesteela or Heatran Defensive, and last move that i choosed Zen Headbutt his secondary STAB which can hit Toxapex and Mega Venusaur. I could have also play Drain Punch which can restored these HP...

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Ev's: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SpD
Calm Nature
IV:0 Atk
-Scald
-Haze
-Recover
-Toxic Spike

And my last choice been difficult enough so i chose Toxapex for his defensive side and he is also the best defensive in OU, he has an bulk not whew but these two Defense in Physical and Special make sure to hold on the shot. Haze allow to reset the stat of his opponent at 0 when he this set up, grace with his ability Regenerator which can recovered a few of these HP at each switching, Toxic Spike is an hazard which can poisoned some pokémon except Steel and Poison Type + Magic Guard Ability. When Toxapex is in bad posture he can recovered the HP by Recover, and Scald his only offensive Water move allow to burn and make the little damage free.

My Conclusion

This team is very detailed on this charcarters well this RTM took my time for the build, i had to think for choose Mega Slowbro or Toxapex for see what is good with the character, but the team is nice to play for the fun and more to seriousness. If it necessary for improved this team there's no problem... ^_^​

Nidoking @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes
- Brave Bird

Toxapex (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Snorlax (M) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Return
- Earthquake

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Tyranitar-Mega (M) @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Hi, sorry to say, this team is pretty unviable.
There doesnt seem to be much synergy to it, i cant tell what is being built around.

Threats:

Mega Medicham: 6-0s with hjk and ice punch.

Pinsir+Zone: No rocks on this team (huge no-no) means pinsir just comes in and the skarm is trapped by zone.

Aggron Stall: Aggron can take 2 hits from hoopa and ohko with heavy slam.

Zard Y: Snorlax is ez to chip and the skarm is hazard remover and zard beats it. Spikes+rocks make pex lose as well.

Heatran: cant 1v1 nido or lax but beats everythig else and theres no switch in. Lax is trapped by magma storm and can be easily chipped.

I think you should consider using samples and learning better teambuilding skills. Sorry if this comes off as rude.

I think you should consider using samples and learning better teambuilding skills. Sorry if this comes off as rude.
Sorry to be rude like that, but oh what's it going to serve me a sample team for me ? TO nothing ! It's useless to play excellent team by another player in any case for me. :/
After i have a team which as very nice work this my team of Alolan Muk i admit that this team is weak by Staraptor but if you tell me to play a sample team to me is Chinese! Truly sorry to be rude I had a bad day. :/

hey man, not really the best rater out there but if u put a rocky helmet on skarmory u can anti lead mega medicham which is a problem for ur team. helmet chip + brave bird will ko. brave bird alone w/o helmet doesnt ohko.

u can try something like an assault vest on snorlax to better handle tapu lele + tapu koko + heatran and in that case put pursuit on snorlax to trap lele and keep earthquake to ko tran. should be wary though snorlax will still get raped by a potential psyshock.

ur teams quite slow thats something u should note but as i said im not the best so wont be able to suggest any mon change.

hey man, not really the best rater out there but if u put a rocky helmet on skarmory u can anti lead mega medicham which is a problem for ur team. helmet chip + brave bird will ko. brave bird alone w/o helmet doesnt ohko.

u can try something like an assault vest on snorlax to better handle tapu lele + tapu koko + heatran and in that case put pursuit on snorlax to trap lele and keep earthquake to ko tran. should be wary though snorlax will still get raped by a potential psyshock.

ur teams quite slow thats something u should note but as i said im not the best so wont be able to suggest any mon change.
Ok ! I will think about all that for Skarmory but it's not 100% sure that i will to play Snorlax with Assault Vest i prefere to wait someone to experiment for the moment.

PS: Well i will put the Rocky helmet for Skarmory...

Sorry to be rude like that, but oh what's it going to serve me a sample team for me ? TO nothing ! It's useless to play excellent team by another player in any case for me. :/
After i have a team which as very nice work this my team of Alolan Muk i admit that this team is weak by Staraptor but if you tell me to play a sample team to me is Chinese! Truly sorry to be rude I had a bad day. :/
Im saying to try samples so you can learn the metagame and see how synergy and building processes work. I feel the team u made doesnt show u know these things when teambuilding. And i dont think u should have such a negative attitude in relation to using samples, using samples to learn the game isnt bad. Sorry if i came off as rude before, just trying to help.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Hey, you have an interesting team, and I'll try and help out without touching Nidoking nor Snorlax.

The team is pretty slow, with Nidoking as it's fastest member, and this makes you prone to faster wallbreakers that you don't have the best switch ins for, including Mega Medicham. Medicham can outspeed and 1-2HKO every member on the team, and because the team has no member that is capable of outspeeding it, you are unable to revenge kill it or force it out, excluding maybe Skarmory at full health following a KO or on a HJK. Your team is also very weak to Zygarde, who can Sub and DD or Coil up on Skarmory, Tyranitar, Toxapex, and Hoopa locked into Fire Punch. From there, it can freely click Thousand Arrows to victory.

>

The first change I'll suggest is Tornadus-T over Skarmory. This gives you a mon that can outspeed opposing Mega Medicham, retain Defog as well as switch-ins to Bulu/Kartana switch-in, and provide momentum to help get Nidoking in more easily. Tornadus-T also provides utility with Knock Off, allowing you to remove Leftovers from mons such as Heatran or Celesteela that may otherwise annoy Snorlax or Tyranitar. The biggest downside here is that you are losing a physically defensive mon as well as your Steel-Type or Fairy resist.
Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

>

The next change will be Slowbro over Toxapex. Toxapex is no doubt a great mon, but due to the team needing a Zygarde answer, Slowbro can work instead while also fulfilling the previous role of a physically defensive pivot that Skarmory previously held. Slowbro will provide you a switch-in to Zygarde as well as Mega Medicham, and can provide help with help with faster threats via Thunder Wave. Paralyzing the opposing team also benefits Nidoking, as it may create a scenario where something like Greninja may wish to revenge kill it, but may not do so due the paralysis forcing Greninja to be slower than Nidoking.
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

>

Finally, due to the Steel-type in Skarmory and Scizor answer in Toxapex being removed, this change will be made to help compensate for the downsides to those changes. This final suggestion will be Heatran over Hoopa-Unbound. Due to the team losing its Steel-type in Skarmory from the previous change, Heatran is here to handle Fairy-types as the new Steel-type, provide Stealth Rock, and provide offensive pressure. Heatran helps the team against opposing Steel-types, both with KO'ing and forcing them out more quickly. These Steel-types include Ferrothorn, Celesteela, Magearna and Mega Mawile. In order to avoid Heatran from getting worn down quickly, I put a more specially defensive variant with Leftovers to also help out with special attacking threats such as Tapu Lele and Alakazam. Magma Storm + Taunt can still work out well offensively and can provide you something to help KO Toxapex in addition to Nidoking.
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Finally, the following suggestions aren't mandatory, but they're moreso optional for you in case you weren't completely satisfied with the changes above and wanted something else to try out.

- You could change Tyranitar's set to the standard one with Stealth Rock / Stone Edge / Pursuit / Fire Punch, which opens a slot on Heatran (over Stealth Rock) to run another utility move such as Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, or Protect. You already have a set-up sweeper in Snorlax, and Tyranitar can additionally support it by trapping pokemon such as Tornadus-T, Heatran, and Choice item mons locked into a move it resists, such as Ash Greninja locked into Dark Pulse, or Tapu Lele locked into HP Fire or Moonblast. The additional moves on Heatran can help cripple/wear down switch ins such as Gliscor (especially if you burn it before Toxic Orb activates), Zygarde, Greninja, and opposing Tyranitar.
Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Finally, here are some threats or mons that may be annoying even after these suggestions:

- Snorlax is capable of switching into it, and the Iapapa Berry + Recycle helps a lot with staying healthy to handle it. Slowbro's Thunder Wave and status and chip from Heatran or Tyranitar's sand is also able to help with this. However, because the team is slow and has no member capable of outspeeding Ash Greninja, you have to be careful in making sure it gets worn down quickly or hit it with status as soon as you can.

- This honestly depends on the set it has, because Snorlax or Slowbro may be capable of walling it. Same thing as above with being careful due to the team not having a member faster than Greninja.

- Now that Toxapex is gone, Heatran and Tyranitar are forced to deal with this, which is not easy because Focus Blast does a ton to them. On the bright side, Tyranitar's sand + Slowbro can take care of it, not to mention that if Heatran has Protect, you can try and PP stall Focus Blast.

- Similar thing with Zard Y, in which Heatran and Tyranitar (and Snorlax) are your best bets of handling it, but all 3 really hate Focus Blast. If you're able to dodge, Tyranitar can trap and KO it on the spot, or hopefully you can hit it with Thunder Wave with Slowbro or Toxic with Heatran to help wear it down more quickly.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Snorlax (M) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Return
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Tyranitar-Mega (M) @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

I'm out of time so I'll end it here. Good luck and hope I helped!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)