Hoopa [QC: 0/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaSpoofy any progress with implementing the necessary changes?
I am a dirty...worthless...liar!!! BAN ME! jk I like these forums.

Anyway I finished dodmen's changes. I am ready for the next step. Sorry that you have to babysit me with this Ironbullet. I'm not going to make any promises (I can't afford to lie anymore ;_;) but I will try my best to follow up on this as quickly as possible.

Couple more things:

Mention Trick Room in the intro when you talk about Nasty Plot, since TR's what Hoopa is better at. Mention it's susceptibility to Pursuit when you talk about revenge killing as well. In the first line, say that its amazing coverage in Shadow Ball Focus Blast Psyshock combined with its huge SpA is what makes it such a good wallbreaker.

This is just an analysis thing we have to do, but for both sets make sure the order that you talk about the moves is the order that they appear on the set.

Not sure what you mean about "revenge killer aspects" in set details of the first set. The part about EVs should say something along the lines of "running maximum Speed allows Hoopa to outspeed common defensive Pokemon without the support of Trick Room, but max HP can be used to (etc)". Make sure you say that max SpA Modest lets it hit as hard as possible.

For Usage Tips, include specific examples of Pokemon that Hoopa can set up on, such as special attacking/defensive Salamence, Heliolisk, etc. Do this for the second set two, though the setup opportunities are different (Reuniclus, non-Crunch lax).

Remove the part in Team Options for the first set about leech seed and status, since HO teams don't use these. Also, Memento is a pretty good Team Options, especially from Whimsicott since it baits in some things that Hoopa can set up on at -2, like non-Banded Crobat and nidoqueen.

Remove stuff in Other Options that you've already mentioned elsewhere, like Timid nature and 0 Spe Trick Room. Also get rid of HP Fighting, it's much too weak to consider using. For Dual Screens and physical attacking, talk about why they're generally not worth using (it's better off just attacking than providing support, it kills almost everything with special attacks anyway).

For Special Walls in Checks and Counters, I'm fairly sure that SDef Gligar and Mandibuzz are literally the only two things that wall Hooopa so you don't have to say "such as" (you said "if not running NP or Psyshock", but every set listed runs one of the two). Escavalier is a good thing to mention for Pursuit trappers though.

IronBullet I am so sorry but I can't do this analysis. Hoopa is a complex pokemon and seemingly controversial on what works and what doesn't. I am not ready for this. I will lurk around the analysis for a while before I attempt another one of these. I volunteered for this to hep the UU community but now I feel I am just holding it back. My extreme hatred for Hoopa is solely from trying to write up this analysis. I have gone too far to try to implement stuff easily. Sorry again but Im tired of dreading updating and having this prevent me from doing other posts.

Shiba wanted to do this. Maybe he can if he still wants to. Sorry again. I dont want to be a burden.

Reactions: rs

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No worries DaSpoofy, sorry to hear that but I understand. Hoopa is a tough one to take on, especially for your first. I hope that this doesn't discourage you from writing analyses in the future. You're more than welcome to attempt one again when you feel up to it!

Shiba will be taking over, feel free to put up the thread whenever it's ready man. Locking and moving this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)