SM OU Hoopa-U & Lele Hyper Offense

minmin here and for my first team I just wanted to build something really fun to use and that's why I decided on hyper offense as the matches don't typically last long lol. The plan is to set hazards, punch big holes with Hoopa-U and Lele, and then clean up lategame with Mimikyu and Lopunny. The team doesn't have much of a defensive backbone but the goal is to consistently and continuously keep up offensive pressure against my opponent.

The Team
greninja.gif

Greninja (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam

I usually always lead with Greninja unless I see Sableye or the occassional Ribombee during team preview in which case I lead with Lopunny. As my suicidal hazard setter, he aims to prevent the opposition from setting their hazards while laying down as many of his own layers as possible before dying. A layer of spikes can make a crucial difference later on, turning 2hkos into potential 1hkos. I toyed around with Shadow Sneak for a while but usually always found Toxic Spikes more useful.

shinyjirachi.gif

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

I wanted a pivot, particularly a slow u-turn so that my glass cannons could come in unscathed. Jirachi gives me that and so much more, providing fantastic support with rocks, a slow u-turn, and most importantly, Healing Wish. Healing Wish allows me room to play more recklessly with Hoopa-U or Lele, knowing I can sack Jirachi later on in the match. Healing Wish also can be used for Lopunny late game (where she shines and really puts in the work). Jirachi is just an amazing utility mon and an invaluable member of my team. Shiny is for bluffing Z-Happy Hour.

hoopa-unbound (1).gif

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch
- Drain Punch

Hoopa-U is a monster. This thing has no real switch ins and whenever I get him onto the field safely, he almost always gets a kill or leaves a large dent. He along with Tapu Lele rips holes big enough for Lopunny and Mimikyu to clean afterwards. I used to run Gunk Shot for fairies like Clef and Fini, but I decided to forgo it for Zen Headbutt which hits insanely hard under Psychic Terrain and still hits Clef and Fini very hard, the only difference is it'll be a 2hko instead of a 1hko. Zen Headbutt also gives him a great stab option lategame if he runs out of pp for hyperspace fury and doesn't want to rely on his weaker coverage moves.

some calcs:
252 Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 162-192 (48.6 - 57.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex in Psychic Terrain: 384-452 (126.3 - 148.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

tapulele (1).gif

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Specs Lele is one of the strongest wallbreakers in the tier, capable of tearing balance apart. She hits like a nuke. Enough said. I was thinking if I should change her to a stallbreaking set with Taunt and Fightinium Z or Twisted Spoon though. To really shit on stall and prevent Chansey from recovering or Skarmory from defogging, etc. I still prefer the immediate power of Choice Specs.

mimikyu (1).gif

Mimikyu (F) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

Mimikyu is a fantastic sweeper on hyper offense due to his ability allowing him to freely set up on nearly anything. He's really dangerous mid-game and absolutely lethal late game. He doubles up as a spinblocker while also strongly discouraging the opponent from defogging, if the opponent still chooses to defog then I get to +2. With his disguise still intact at +2 I can then nuke with a never-ending nightmare or get to +3. If I have to pop his disguise early on (which I really don't like doing, I like saving him for mid to lategame), then I do it to stop an opponent's set up sweeper. Sometimes he is my last resort to an opponent's sweeper, his ability is really an invaluable asset to my team.

lopunny (1).gif

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

I added Lopunny as the last member of my team after I noticed my matchup against other offense wasn't looking too good, since my other pokemon bar greninja weren't particularly fast. She greatly improves my matchup against other offense and she cleans very, very well lategame. She really shines lategame. I also use her as an antilead when the need arises. Ice Punch has been switched around a few times with Power-Up Punch and Encore but I generally prefer Ice Punch most of the time.

And that was my team. What did you guys think? Thank you for your time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)