XY OU Horses and Cats

Alright after looking down the tiers I realized that weavile hasn't been seen as much in ou. Because of its speed I instantly knew that I needed to make a team with it (Base 125 speed, Faster than greninja). The team has been centralized by Offensive Volturn since every single mon is this team is a hard hitting pokemon. This team helped me climb to page 1 on PO and always made me use it every single time I want to seriously ladder and has won me many games. Proof http://prntscr.com/54r2v4 Lets start with the process.
Team Preview

Team Process

Weavile was the star of the team and one of the scariest mon to face. Weavile is weak to steel and fairy so than Mega-Scizor was the best option imo since it sets up on Gliscor and Defensive Landorus-T. Mega-Scizor also switches into fairies and steel moves.

Next up I added latias and raikou since 1. Lati can switch into keldeo and 2. Raikou can beat pinsir 1v1 and phase a lot of mons to switch out. Latias provides defog and healing wish to back up Life Orb Weavile and Choiced mons.

Finally I added Azumarill to the squad for a dragon switch in and for priority spam with Weav+Sciz it was good for a while but it was to slow for the team and just made me lose momentum through out all my battles with stall. Landorus-T was added to check zard x and ayo this shit is holding a normal gem I'll explain it later. Lando-t provide rocks to weaken Dragonite for Weav+Sciz core to patch up.

Alright heres the final veterans showin their pride on the battlefield. I decided to add keldeo to help the pressure surging from these mons. Azu wasn't fast enough to kill Bisharp and one thing about Keldeo is that it's one of the best offensive checks to Bisharp in the OU tier. I was lacking a fighting type to kill the blob twins AKA>Chansey and Blissey. Azu and Keld is balanced on the team and both balance it out. It both fits the spot and can finish the job. Really is up to you I just chose Keldeo at the end of the day sorry Azumarill :[

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 176 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
Alright I know weavile was in the front but I always add the mega in front. Since Scizor has one of the best typing in the meta resisting Ground, Fighting, Steel, Bug, Dragon, Psychic, Ice, Grass and now fairy. Looking at how bulky of a mon this is and the resistance to many typings. I mainly chose it to switch into Azu and Mamo since it wrecks the squad easily no doubt about. The core between Scizor and Weavile works fantastically against balance. Scizor sets up on weaviles checks and Weavile patches Scizors checks mainly Dragons and Lando-t's. I chose this set so that once I get up and Sd, Chanseys and 0 speed Heatran can't come in to revenge kill or stall. 20 speed is enough to outspeed a non invested Heatran after Mega Evolving. Bug Bite was an option over Superpower b4 but it didn't work the same as spower did since it mainly hits Water types. This sets gets destroyed by Jellicent but who uses that shit anymore am I right?

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
Heres the final set up sweeper to the team. One thing to note is that Weavile is faster than greninja but can't ohko with low kick. Having it not able to knock greninja out with low kick it never phased my team since I had priority spam+Raikou as backup. I needed a pokemon that was faster than Greninja with an ice typing to ohko all those Dragons. It supports Scizor to sweep and was also a mon prevents Gothitelle from trapping Scizor. It is a strong and fast mon that packs a punch and was also the only mon on my team that can deal with the lati twins so theres the reasoning behind this Pokemon.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
Next up I chose Raikou over Thundurus because of power and typing. Although Thundurus has a better ability and moves it didn't fit the role of offensive pressure to phase to mons and was too frail to take a hit from Greninja. Raikou was a backup mon to this squad and provided a second Bird-Spam check along side Lando-T. It can also help deal with Keldeo and Azu meaning that it really is here for killing the checks to the team which I had explained before. The moves I chose was a standard set for it. Tbolt+Vswitch is its only stab options and hits rotom wash harder than my dick. Shadowball was only here over aura sphere because of the event option since you only can run a rash nature if I wanted aura sphere and that just means I won't be faster than 110 +natured speeds.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
The name comes from Keldeo and is one of my favorite pokemon to abuse Choice Specs seriously one of the best Choice Specs mons ever but with that aside let me explain why it immensely helps the mons beside it. Alright so looking at Latias and Raikou they both get walled by Tyranitar and Heatran BOOOOM!!! Keldeo instantly filled in that spot and can switch into both of those unless there running nasty brazilian ttar with t-wave. But other than that shit Keldeo helps Lati and Raikou so much and can is a late game sweeper against stall+Balance since it can 2hko all those nasty blobs out there shoutout to the homies who enjoy stall. Moves on it are just 3 stabs to hit hard and Hp flying to lure in Venusaur. Not sure if it can 2hko since the calc is down but you also have Latias to deal with it instead if you don't wanna take that route. But its mainly there because of its typing and needed it to hit a lot of flying weaks.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Now Latias is here to switch into Charizard-Y and kills Charizard-X 1v1 with any speed boost of that sort. It was chose over the brother because of it clean bulk with the most tragic move in the game called Healing Wish ah sacrificing yourself for a buddy. It kills Keldeo and Venusaurs which trouble my team and just made the battle longer. Moves are the standard swag shit that swagfags wear. Their aint too much to say since it only has one job. The Keld+Lati+Raikou core is amazing on this team and just help each other to complete their jobs.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
K finally I added Landorus-T to the team to check Birdspam and get up rocks. It works really well with Scizor since it can switch into Mamoswine and Weavile as well. Intimadate was a bad matchup but thats the only reason why keldeo was the option over Azu. Now moving on to the moves I mainly want to talk about explosion. Looking at the team their aren't too much mons to deal with Stall mons such as Venusaur. For example after Scizor is gone Clefable 6-0s the entire team easily thats is why I implemented explosion to revenge kill fat mons and for the surprise factor against Rotom-Wash. Explosion has helped me many times and left the open spot for Scizor+Weavile to come in and set up for Raikou+Keldeo to specs spam their stab moves.

Threat List

This team completely gets walled by these two and can only get beaten by Latias which is why I have Hp Flying on Keldeo besides that there aren't too much things to beat these two Pokemon.

there are 0 switch ins on this team to this set http://pastebin.com/itWUkkxR and can only be beaten with by Weavile and Raikou.

now that Azu is gone the only that beats this thing is Specs Hydro or Lati Psyshock can't ohko on certain spreads I think idk no calc atm. I don't have switch in besides Scizor and really gives me a hard time to work around with.

If is played correctly it can toss the team over and only gets beaten by raikou 1v1 and scizor can take out the mega which again has to be played correctly with the opponent.

The last one that I know of is Medicham which has 0 switch ins in OU besides Mew and Slowbro and is barely seen but it aint to much of threat because of all the fast mons I pack. Your just forced to sack a mon.

Conclusion
Hopefully everyone read through it and enjoyed my team feel free to leave some Pokemon suggestions that can be used instead of the other and or move sets. Hoped you enjoyed.

Replays
Currently I have none saved on my computer and PS is down so the only thing I can implement here is a video I uploaded showing off the team. Channel is same as username and the vid is called OLT power cat or something like that
I'll provide good replays as soon as I get one.

Importable
http://pastebin.com/5w9nRtb8

Last edited:
Howdy, I finally got access to a computer, so here's my rate.

Raikou and Keldeo seem redundant together, because they're killing the same pokemon essentially (granted keldeo can kill blobs and ferro but you can have other pokemon to do that). I'd go back to azumarill, I'm not sure of your set but CB Azumarill is a pain to switch into, can take hits from Conkeldurr and OHKO back with Play Rough. The only Venusaur variant I see troubling you a lot is the offensive one with HP Fire, because Scizor can set up on Venusaurs if something else is asleep, and so I'd also run Extrasensory>Shadow Ball on Raikou to 2HKO venusaur. Or, you could keep them and make one scarf.

On Latias, you can't switch into Zard-Y more than once because Fire Blast does ~45%, so I guess be careful about that. You seem to be using latias for Healing Wish, so maybe ditching Psyshock and replacing it with roost so you can continually switch into these threats may be useful. Though, this opens up a bit more prominent Venusaur weakness, but Draco meteor does more to standard defensive venusaur than psyshock does (offensive is a different story).

On scizor, consider the bulky SD spread, lets you set up on more pokemon and check powerful special attackers like Gardevoir (straight from analyses). The EVs maximize general bulk, give you enough EVs to switch into Mega Gardevoir's Focus Blast, and survive Landorus-T's Earthquake (both are 252 with positive nature). Granted it does hit less hard, but after 1 or 2 SDs it doesn't really make much of a difference.
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 176 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Thats all the time I've got, best of luck with the team.

thanks for the rate bro and i have been azu for the few days and it seems the role is better for it. Not sure what the best set is on it but ive been using cb and works well. The scizor set has been helping me a ton bro. Never took the bulk into account and sets on so much shit. Scizor has been setting up alot more. thanks for rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)