Hot Hatred/Adoration Thread

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As you may know, the hot takes thread has been a bit chilly of late. But sometimes, even though base takes ("Gen 3 best gen") can be lukewarm to cold, if they're strong enough ("Gen 3 utterly embarasses the others"), they become hot again.

Now let's see some utterly misplaced aggression and idolization!

I despise Thwackey, especially its color palette of urine-stained green, feces brown, and urine yellow. See its shiny if you aren't convinced.

I hate when people still complain about Disney live-action remakes. We have long known they're money grabs worse than the base movies. It's the easiest example of franchise disagreement to pick on because... almost nobody disagrees. It's like picking on tumblr or reddit without being funny.

I hate when people frame not understanding a game as a hot take. Like when people say "Ganondorf/Mac is good" in Smash Ultimate because they are not great and the game works differently when you're not great. I rationally understand what's going on but man do I hate it.

On the flip side, I irrationally love Zamazenta's head. It's so perfect. It's the ideal integration of unsubtle design into a Pokemon. Priceless shield dog forever.

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Came in wanting to post a take but you already had it in the OP lmfao
I hate when people frame not understanding a game as a hot take. Like when people say "Ganondorf/Mac is good" in Smash Ultimate because they are not great and the game works differently when you're not great. I rationally understand what's going on but man do I hate it.
This kinda stuff made me leave the community entirely, never underestimate the potential of loud + stupid people in large numbers.

I hate greninja with a burning passion. Like I really, really hate it. I hate it when greninja fanboys complain about the other kalos starters (like delphox's hair, chesnaughts weird design) but they keep a Pokemon with a tongue scarf their favourite pokemon??? Not to mention the special treatment gf gives it and in the anime. I could go on for this for hours.

I hate greninja with a burning passion. Like I really, really hate it. I hate it when greninja fanboys complain about the other kalos starters (like delphox's hair, chesnaughts weird design) but they keep a Pokemon with a tongue scarf their favourite pokemon??? Not to mention the special treatment gf gives it and in the anime. I could go on for this for hours.
please go on id like to hear all you have to say on the matter

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I hate with a burning fucking passion having to face Patrat and Watchog when playing through gen 5 games. Those little fuckers have the most annoying and stupid moveset ever, tailored to make you want to rip your hair off. Patrat has Bide, Bite, and Detect. When it's not flinching your slower Pokemon, its either using Detect and making you waste your time, or using Bide and making you choose what takes big damage. It then learns Sand-Attack, which we all know how fucking stupid that move can be. BUT IT GETS BETTER!!!! Next up it learns Crunch and Hypnosis. You KNOW Crunch will ALWAYS lower your Defense, and Hypnosis will ALWAYS hit, making you want to set fire to your DS screen. When it evolves it gets Confuse Ray which is a bitch to deal with EVERY SINGLE TIME, AND WHILE YOU HURT YOURSELF IN CONFUSION THEY PUT YOU BACK TO SLEEP AGAIN. The suffering ends at lv 22 when Watchog learns Super Fang. Fuck those two mons, fuck them and their family.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)