How many sugars do you take in your coffee

This is a question that has confounded me for many weeks now: do people actually enjoy drinking coffee with sugar in it? And, if so, how much? Personally, I never add any sugar (or cream, or anything except milk) to my coffee. I want to be fully confronted by the sad truth that while my sugarless instant coffee in the morning might taste awful, I am hopelessly addicted to caffeine and so need at least one cup a day to avoid developing a terrible headache later.

Of course, if you do not drink coffee, feel free to provide me with a glimpse into what will hopefully be my future. However, to ensure my intellectual curiosity surrounding this problem is sated, please provide at least some reasoning behind why you take the amount of sugar in your coffee that you do beyond just a mere quantity.

I don't drink coffee, but tea is close enough right?
I usually put a packet of Stevia in my tea. Sometimes I'll add a little bit of honey instead.

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Hi. Let me preface this by saying that in Italy you can lose your citizenship if you don't drink enough coffee per day.
Anyway, on to the topic. When I started drinking coffee I was like 16 and to cover its flavor I had to add 2 teaspoons of sugar. In retrospect, I don't know what was wrong with me. It's not easy to get used to the flavor of coffee without sugar the first times, but it gets better day by day. Plus, you avoid extra sugars during the day.
So yeah; now, 7 years after, the coffee I drink is like my soul.

Dark and bitter.

haha this is so funny omg i almost spit out my venti carmel frappuccino with non fat coconut milk exactly 2 1/2 cups of sugar with 4 chocolate drizzles, 6 1/2 pump of caramel drizzle, 3 expresso shots mixed in, extra whip cream, as well as birthday cake pop mixed in with a bit of strawberries on top, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, pump of vanilla, one pump of hazelnut, banana slices mixed in, chocolate shavings coating the bottom, cinnamon dolce and just a pinch of matcha powder

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Black, nothing added.

It didn't start like this, though. My coffee journey started with adding flavored creamers and sugar, then to milk and sugar, then to just milk, and finally to plain black. This might have been sped up by me getting tired of my friend saying I was drinking "milkshakes" even when I only added milk to it lol.
my sugarless instant coffee in the morning
Please do yourself a favor and at least get a small 4-cup coffee maker or even a Keurig cause the thought of mixing up instant coffee every morning makes me sad. Inexpensive grocery store grounds will provide a much better tasting experience.

Celestial

Turn Heavenward
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I like my coffee black as fuck. If it looks like engine oil is perfect
If your engine oil is black, you should probably get it checked out, it should be amber.

Anyhow for me I stopped drinking coffee almost completely, but the few times I go back to it, I like it either with a blend of natural bliss creamer and nonfat milk or nonfat milk and maybe 2-3 brown sugars depending on the size of the coffee (I usually have at least 12 ounces in the variants that I use sugar).

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Imagine sweetening ur tea
Following up on this kinda late but seriously—sweetened tea just tastes like syrup. It’s disgusting and has very little depth of flavour to it. If you really need some sweetness to ease the bitterness of the tea, you’re much better off pairing it with something sweet like a cake, biscuit (British definition) or jam on toast/muffin/scone that can coat your mouth thinly enough to prevent the flavour of the tea being eclipsed.

Obviously this doesn’t expressly also apply to tisanes. Some, such as lemon+ginger+honey, have it to round it off and increase depth if flavour—just never stir in sugar or artificial sweetener for this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)