How much does it take to win ? [Peaked 1698]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mix

mahmood soldi
is a Past WCoP Champion
HOW MUCH DOES IT TAKE TO WIN ?

Hi Smogon! Today I present my first RMT, this team is one of the best ever created by me, really, it gives me a lot of satisfaction ... but, let's move to the team!

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS:

I started with a core offensive Gyarados + Mega-Landorus-I.

Well, now I had to cover their weaknesses and I added Heatran, which sets and covers me from various Thundu-I, unless they have Focus Blast, and then I added Ferrothorn, thanks to Thunder Wave, favors sweeping Lando and Gyarados.

Well, now I suffered too much FBlast Thundurus-I, and then I decided to put Latios, which resists focus blast and a pokemon hidden power ice and it really took off guard, WacanBerryManaphy.

And now, we go to the Pokemon in the details!

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 6 Def
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic
- Substitute

Landorus-I has a great coverage, and we exploit! At first there was CMind> Sub, but I decided to put the Sub because if not, there Bisharp destroyed!

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 200 Spd / 252 Atk / 58 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Gran Pokemon, dopo una ddance vince praticamente da solo, preferisco ice fang al posto di sub perchè Mega-Venu e Dragonite erano un problema.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 240 HP / 18 S.Atk
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume

Classic setter, even the set is classic special wall, protect is for choice users.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 250 HP / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Spikes

Great great defensive wall, thunder wave helps me a lot in the sweeping, set the spikes in case we needed it, and if you need help to raise the instrument to poke annoying.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog

The set used for this most fantastic pokemon, belonging surfing> roost, but I need to Excadrill, the other is standard.

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Tail Glow

He is also very standard, belonging to the wacan berry that really helps me a lot against various Thundurus which are then kill from ice beam.

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING, BYE!

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 200 Spd / 252 Atk / 58 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 6 Def
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic
- Substitute

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 240 HP / 18 Spd
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 250 HP / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Spikes

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Tail Glow

What first strikes me is that Defog Latios on a team with Spikes Ferrothorn is somewhat counterproductive. Protect or Toxic on Ferrothorn give it free healing from Leech Seed or extra residual damage respectively. Knock Off strikes me as a bit odd, but in a good way-- some of the best uses of Knock Off are by hitting with it unexpectedly, after all, and it's a nice option over Gyro Ball/Power Whip standards, which oft seldom see use outside of taunting anyway. Leech Seed/Protect/Thunder Wave is probably the best combination, given that Toxic clashes wit T-wave (though dual status can work if you want it to stallbreak a bit), and Protect+Thunder Wave is a great way to stall in a pinch, too-- especially if you use predicted Protects to get free switches. Though, Protect works much better on Leftovers sets, as it's otherwise not doing much but scouting if you can't get Leech Seed up. In fact, I think Knock Off + Leftovers is a better combination, as you then beat many other defensive Pokemon by merit of their now lacking recovery outside of their moves.

Other than that, I was pondering possible alternatives to Manaphy, as it strikes me as less than impressive outside of rain, but it occurs to me that having a sweeper that benefits from rain teams, even if they're less common now, is still a potential boon. Your team has nothing with recovery, though, sans Heatran's lefties, and that has me a bit worried about residual damage, as Latios isn't the most all-purpose defogger and a volt-turning opponent could pose troublesome. In any case, cool team.

Mix

mahmood soldi
is a Past WCoP Champion
What first strikes me is that Defog Latios on a team with Spikes Ferrothorn is somewhat counterproductive. Protect or Toxic on Ferrothorn give it free healing from Leech Seed or extra residual damage respectively. Knock Off strikes me as a bit odd, but in a good way-- some of the best uses of Knock Off are by hitting with it unexpectedly, after all, and it's a nice option over Gyro Ball/Power Whip standards, which oft seldom see use outside of taunting anyway. Leech Seed/Protect/Thunder Wave is probably the best combination, given that Toxic clashes wit T-wave (though dual status can work if you want it to stallbreak a bit), and Protect+Thunder Wave is a great way to stall in a pinch, too-- especially if you use predicted Protects to get free switches. Though, Protect works much better on Leftovers sets, as it's otherwise not doing much but scouting if you can't get Leech Seed up. In fact, I think Knock Off + Leftovers is a better combination, as you then beat many other defensive Pokemon by merit of their now lacking recovery outside of their moves.

Other than that, I was pondering possible alternatives to Manaphy, as it strikes me as less than impressive outside of rain, but it occurs to me that having a sweeper that benefits from rain teams, even if they're less common now, is still a potential boon. Your team has nothing with recovery, though, sans Heatran's lefties, and that has me a bit worried about residual damage, as Latios isn't the most all-purpose defogger and a volt-turning opponent could pose troublesome. In any case, cool team.
Thanks for the rate. :]

Hey there! You seem to be breaking rule #2 of the Read before making an RMT! Thread.

#2 Have at least three lines of information about each pokemon;

I'll just do a quick rate though.

I can already see, that this team has hella lot of offensive pressure, which is something I love. But, the EVs seem VERY weird, and also you seem to be running more EVs than you should?

Your Landorus set is fine, although I would prefer CM > Sub.

Gyarados' EV spread seems slightly odd, if you could explain what it does that would be great, but I think that using a standard 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd should be good enough.

Your Heatran is also well made, but again, I'm wondering what the EVs do? 252/+252 seems to be just fine, unless I'm missing something.

On Ferrothorn, try using Gyro Ball > Knock Off, as the only thing that takes them well is Ferrothorn, but you have Heatran to deal with it. Personally, I would keep Spikes, but having Protect over Thunder Wave may be VERY helpful to get that free recovery with Leech Seed. Also, why do you have 250 HP EVs? Did you put the extra 2 in there? You should probably remove the 2 on every Pokemon, as for me, and probably other raters, it makes it harder for us.

Latios is also fine, perfecto if I say so myself.

Wacan Berry isn't very good in all honesty, it's only a one-time use thing, and also is very situational, after all, Mega Gyarados beats Thundurus, Heatran has a very little problem (With Burn/Double Lava Plume it's a very high chance to 2HKO, while a non-LO Thundurus has a 2% to 2HKO, and it makes it even lower because of Focus Blasts' accuracy!)

That's all I've got, good luck!

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
I can already see, that this team has hella lot of offensive pressure, which is something I love. But, the EVs seem VERY weird, and also you seem to be running more EVs than you should?
he isn't running more EVs than he should, he is just putting the remaining 2 EVs that don't matter for the stat

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to lock this thread. Please read the rules before posting in this forum. Please feel free to PM me when you have updated your descriptions and I will unlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)