Sir. Aaron was muted by Frizy.
The Captain: Wheres the ban?
Sir. Aaron was muted by Mikel.
The Captain: oh nvm
1234567: Im mad someone took my alt Rusty Shackleford >.>
%Frizy: sigh
Timm: Hi people. I'm Timm
Sir. Aaron was banned by shrang.

^^ This was my original guide to getting banned in PS. which sadly was removed :c. But have no fear, I've redone it, better than ever before! And I'm proving Zarel that their spam protector really doesn't work.

Sir. Aaron: Q
Your message was not sent because you've been typing too quickly.
Sir. Aaron: W
Sir. Aaron: E
Sir. Aaron: R
Sir. Aaron: T
Sir. Aaron: Y
Sir. Aaron: U
Windy: so many dc
Sir. Aaron was muted by Woodchuck.
Sir. Aaron was muted by Snowflakes.
You are muted.
%Snowflakes: no
Windy: omg
%Snowflakes: stop
Yami: double mute :F
Sir. Aaron's IP was muted by Mikel.
@Mikel: pls
@Mikel: shush
TheCanadianWifier: try a jirachi instead of mew
%Snowflakes: he's done it before
Sir. Aaron was forcibly renamed to ...IOP by Woodchuck.
Shaku: It gets late and people get reckless lol
@Woodchuck: oh
@Woodchuck: has he done this before
@Woodchuck: in that case
%Snowflakes: wchuck
...IOP was banned by Woodchuck.

This was just before. I hope you know Zarel, that PS is still a terrible program, just as your main page quotes me c: your spam protector did not stop me..

Sincerely, Mushroomist.

Hey Zarel, when you see this. I just got on to PS after they banned me in about ten minutes. I seriously think you should revisit your spam stoppers, and your ban evader stoppers.

Pokemon Showdown comes with built-in spam protection. A spammer named Mushroomist gives this testimonial:

“This is a simple little script I had made [to spam], sadly, PS was such a terrible program that it decided to not do the whole thing as planned.”

His spam script was soundly defeated! ~~ PFFT no it wasn't.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Honestly, I wrote that message because I thought it was funny that you were complaining about PS's throttling. It's definitely not designed to be the only thing that prevents spam. The other thing that prevents spam is moderators, who appear to be doing their job rather nicely.

Bans aren't currently permanent because I really don't care that much. I have other things to worry about.

Still, you should probably look over that, because it really doesn't stop any spammers, it stopped me for like two seconds, and then the rest of the spam went through.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
You sure it was all at once? You should be throttled to one message every 0.6 seconds.

Throttling isn't supposed to stop spam, it's supposed to slow spam down to the point where it can't lock up the server, so that moderators can ban the spammer without being lagged out.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was. Cause the first one went through, and then obviously that thing came up saying you're typing too fast, but the others all went through immediately after that.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
Well, that's the point. The first one goes through, the next 6 get throttled, the ones after that get the error message.

The error messages come before the other 6 because the other 6 are on a timer to be sent later (this is called throttling), while the error messages are sent instantly.

I mean, the first one went, the messages came through. then the others all went straight away. all of this was in like three seconds.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
Well, 6 messages in 3 seconds is roughly 0.5 seconds per message, which is about how much the throttling should be doing. In other works, it seems to be working fine.

The important part is, you were banned. :P

No, you don't understand. first second: first message, second second (lol) : warning messages arrive, third second: rest go through at once.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm not 100% sure why you're considering this a success, no matter what kind of filter you have to deal with you're still getting banned within five seconds by a human operator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)