Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Naughty
28 Speed IVs
172 HP/240 Attack/90 Defense/8 Special Attack
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Ice Beam
-Fire Blast

Designed lead Abomasnow counter. I designed this set myself. 28 Speed IVs sets this at 1 below 'Snow to set up Sandstorm. 172 HP/90 Def allows this to survive a Woodhammer with ~50% HP, and Expert Belt and 8 Special Attack gaurantees an OHKO with Fire Blast. Dump the rest in Atk.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
252 Attack/252 Speed/6 Special Attack
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Outrage
-Fire Blast

Typical Choice Scarf Garchomp. Not much else to say here.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP/96 Attack/156 Defense/4 Speed
- Drill Peck
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

I used to have Hippo here, but after switching to Skarm, this team has won more consistantly, so I like it now.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Naive
6 Attack/252 Special Attack/252 Speed
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-HP Ice
-Explosion

Standard Scarftran

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Calm
252 HP/80 Special Attack/176 Special Defense
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Calm Mind

I had Blissey in this slot before, but I swapped her out for Mesprit because I was very Swampert weak. Mesprit is Calm over Bold for two reasons: 1. Without Blissey, I felt weak to Special Attackers, and 2. For Swampert, I only needed to worry about Surf and Ice Beam because Mesprit is immune to Earthquake. The moveset is also a work in progress, but I find that it works very well. A big drawback to Mesprit is that its only form of recovery is Rest, but people seem to underestimate it.

Pinsir @ Choice Scarf
Mold Breaker
Adamant
6 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
-X-Scissor
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat

This is the one thing that I insist must stay on my team. You have no idea how many people switch stuff like Bronzong and Gengar into an Earthquake. Many people are also very surprised when it outspeeds them with Scarf, and Snow Warning are a non-factor, and if Syclant gets any ideas about coming in, it looses half of its life to rocks.

Possible replacements:
Blissey could possibly go back in Mesprit's place as long as I put the next one in Skarm's place.

[Insert Revenankh sprite here] I don't like using Revvy because I consider it broken and I don't like using things that are broken, but I'm using 'Chomp right now, so same differenct I guess.

With flying becoming ever more needed, I'm sure 'Kiss can find a spot, just don't know where.

/
Cresselia or Uxie could also take Mesprit's place, I just really don't like Cressy and Uxie can't hit back, so bah.

I'd probably use DDMence or Mixmence, but if Specsmence fits better, it's an option.

Need help, so please help me.
Ready? Set? GO!

and if Syclant gets any ideas about coming in, it looses half of its life to rocks.
Which, by the way, is a Shoddy bug. Mold Breaker only works on abilities that affect attacks. Mold Breaker should allow Pinsir to hit Syclant with Stone Edge on the switch, but not to prevent Syclant from avoiding Stealth Rock.

Which, by the way, is a Shoddy bug. Mold Breaker only works on abilities that affect attacks. Mold Breaker should allow Pinsir to hit Syclant with Stone Edge on the switch, but not to prevent Syclant from avoiding Stealth Rock.
It worked in the past, is this something new I'm not aware of?

If you switch a Cresselia on a Pinsir when a layer of spikes is present, in the games Cresselia will avoid the spikes, in Shoddy she won't. It's just a bug that still hasn't been fixed.

No, it is supposed to prevent the activation of abilities that affect, positively or negatively, the outcome of one Pinsir's attacks. If Pinsir is using Stone Edge against a switching Syclant, Mold Breaker will activate, and SE will hit Syclant, because Mountaineer would have avoided the attack. If Pinsir uses EQ on a switching Cresselia, the same. But if that Cresselia switches into Pinsir while it uses Close Combat, and there's a layer of spikes down, Cresselia won't be hit by the spikes, since those aren't related to Pinsir's attack.

If Pinsir learned Fire Blast, and used it against Heatran, it would hit it for neutral damage, instead of absorbing the attack with Flash Fire. If Pinsir used Fire Blast on a Dry Skin Toxicroak, it would deal neutral damage, not x1.25 damage, since the ability affects the attack, so Mold Breaker would negate it. Etc, etc, etc.

Also: http://www.smogon.com/dp/abilities/mold_breaker

Well now that you said it like that...

I'll abuse the glitch for now, but it is still fantastic using EQ on 'Zong and Gengar.

Indeed. Mold Breaker would be awesome even after being fixed. I just wanted to inform you that Syclant shouldn't be taking 50% SR damage if he's a Mountaineer against Pinsir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)