How to report rude rage players....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
You can either ignore the user in question with the /ignore command, or (if the situation is serious) PM a global staff member whenever this happens (you can find a list here) and they will promptly deal with the user in question.

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
Some dude called me a retard in my NU battle today. I don't really take things strangers tell me over the internet seriously.

Those people happen. It's probably best if you simply ignore them, man. Sorry anyway.
I tend to just ignore people who are like this tbh.
Some dude called me a retard in my NU battle today. I don't really take things strangers tell me over the internet seriously.
Personally, I've never cared about people doing things like saying "fuck you" when they get critted, and one time I even made a public example (by posting the link to our battle on the lobby chat) out of one guy who, after I pro-played his Charizard for like six turns straight, went so far off the deep end with the rage that I don't know if anyone here would believe it.

But I definitely do understand sometimes wanting to play a casual game on showdown but the other guy can't help but be an obnoxious douchebag through the entire battle, filling the chat with obnoxious "swag chat" or spam, or constant trash talk. You know nobody would do that during an in-person 3DS battle because everyone knows it's irritating and takes the fun out of the game (at least for the person on the receiving end of the verbal abuse) so nobody wants to take personal responsibility for acting that way. The only reason they do it on showdown is because they think they can get away with it.

I can just /ignore them, which is a fine solution, but my point in posting is that just because some people don't mind that stuff, doesn't mean that people who do care about it should be told to just deal with it rather than report the person to keep him or her from disrupting the fun of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)