How to tell if you have a Rare or Holo card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to tell if you have a Rare or Holo card? Basically, I bought 3 booster pack, I have some shiny but I don't know if they are holo or rare? How do you tell? Also how do you do the card trick thingy? Can someone tell me please? Thanks. First time collecting Pokemon cards btw c:)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
A) wtf do you mean by card trick thingy

B) look in the bottom right, the cards will be organized by either a star, a diamond, or a circle. Next to that will be the a fraction.

The star means a card is rare
The diamond means a card is uncommon
The circle means a card is common (read piece of shit)

The cards are organized in sets like this:

Holo rares
Rares
Uncommons
Commons

Each group is alphabetized within itself. Ergo, the quickest way to tell if something is a holo rare or just a foil non-holo is to look at a rare which is not holo and comes before it alphabetically. The holo rare will have a lower number than the non holo, where the foil rare will have a higher number.

Once you get home, things get much easier. Check PokeBeach online for complete lists of every set ever minted, incl. classifications.

If you're confused feel free to PM me as I used to be a card fanatic.

On a side note: in ye olde days, there used to be one holo rare in every pack, and no other foils. Now, there's just a random foil (usually some shit like a Seedot.) Also, they reduced pack size from eleven cards to ten. Now you know why the price hasn't ever hiked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)