Hydreigon [QC 3/3] [GP 0/2]

Overview
########

The generation shift wasn't very kind towards Hydreigon. With the new Fairy-type Hydreigon received a quadruple weakness to watch out for. Not only that, Hydreigon now has to resort to moves like Iron Tail to get past its weakness to Fairy-types. Depending on your coverage moves, Pokemon such as Conkeldurr and Clefable can switch in on Hydreigon and force it out. As a Dragon-type, Hydreigon now has competition from Mega Charizard X, who has more Speed, power, and the ability to increase its stats with a boosting move. As a Dark-type, Hydreigon competes with Bisharp, who has strong priority, discourages the use of Defog, and isn't weak to Fairy-type attacks. But not all is dark for Hydreigon. Steel-types no longer resist Dark-type attacks, allowing Hydreigon to spam Dark Pulse more easily. With a unique typing, Hydreigon has many useful resistances. Its base 98 Speed leaves much to be desired as Hydreigon misses out on the base 100 mark, but with an impressive base 125 Special Attack, base 105 Attack, and a movepool that would make most other Pokemon green with envy, Hydreigon still has the right tools to 2HKO most of the metagame of this generation. Play Hydreigon towards its strengths and you will not be disappointed.

Mixed Attacker
########
set name: Mixed Attacker
move 1: Dark Pulse
move 2: Draco Meteor
move 3: Fire Blast / Superpower
move 4: Superpower / Iron Tail / Roost
ability: Levitate
item: Life Orb
evs: 60 Atk / 216 SpA / 232 Spe
nature: Rash / Mild

Moves
========

This set is pretty simple, as the focus lies in Hydreigon's massive offensive power. Dark Pulse is Hydreigon's most spammable attack, as it's only resisted by Fairy-, Fighting-, and Dark-types. Draco Meteor deals massive damage to everything but Fairy- and Steel-types, and leaves big holes in walls like Hippowdon and Mega Venusaur. Fire Blast makes every Steel-type besides Heatran think twice before switching in, as Fire Blast will outright OHKO or 2HKO them. The choice between Superpower and Iron Tail comes down to what threats your team needs taken care of. If you decide to go with Superpower, then Blissey, Chansey, and Tyranitar are no longer a problem. It also helps Hydreigon get past both Bisharp and Heatran. If HYdreigon chooses to run Iron Tail, then Fairy-types such as Sylveon and Clefable will no longer be a problem, as they are 2HKOed on the switch. Iron Tail also has the benefit of being able to break past Tyranitar. Roost can be used to keep Hydreigon healthy when facing bulkier teams.

Set Details
========

232 Speed EVs let Hydreigon outspeed max Speed neutral Kyurem-B and hit it with Draco Meteor before it can hit back. The 60 Attack EVs let Hydreigon 2HKO 4 HP / 252+ Defense Chansey with Superpower after Stealth Rock. However a little more damage is needed before Hydreigon can 2HKO 252 HP / 252+ Defense Chansey with Superpower, though. It also secures the 2HKO on Sylveon and Bold Clefable with Iron Tail after Stealth Rock. The rest of the EVs are put into Special Attack to hit as hard as possible. Rash is the preferred nature as it helps Hydreigon take priority attacks while increasing its Special Attack. If you don't mind taking a little more damage from priority but want a little extra special bulk, then a Mild nature can be used instead. Life Orb is the preferred item as it gives Hydreigon the power needed to 2HKO most of the metagame while still being able to switch between its attacks. If outspeeding Haxorus is important, a spread of 60 Atk / 252 SpA/ 196 Spe with a Naive nature lets Hydreigon outspeed the standard Dragon Dance set before a boost.

Usage Tips
========

Hydreigon should be used as a wallbreaker and punch giant holes in bulky teams and tanks rather than trying to sweep on its own, as it's too slow for sweeping. With plenty of resistances, Hydreigon has an easy time switching in and performing this role. Draco Meteor's power makes it a good move for breaking down walls, but be careful of spamming it, as the Special Attack drop leaves Hydreigon wide open to setup sweepers. Even though Hydreigon resists Pursuit, you should also be careful when spamming Superpower, because at -1 Defense a fleeing Hydreigon will take massive damage from Pursuit.

Team Options
========

Hydreigon greatly appreciates Stealth Rock support, as it secures many 2HKOes for Hydreigon. Heatran can lay down Stealth Rock and check Fairy-types with its 4x resistance to Fairy-type attacks and STAB Flash Cannon. Skarmory is another good option, as it can lay down Stealth Rock and handle Fighting-types well. If Hydreigon lacks Superpower, a strong Fighting-type that can break through Chansey, Blissey and Tyranitar, who otherwise wall Hydreigon, as a good teammate. Conkeldurr and Terrakion can easily OHKO all three of these Pokemon. If Hydreigon lacks Iron Tail, a solid answer to Fairy-types is needed. Mega Venusaur can check the majority of Fairy-types and can hit back with STAB Sludge Bomb. Mega Scizor and variants of Heatran carrying Flash Cannon are two other good options for checking Fairy-types. Aegislash also makes a great offensive and defensive partner, as it has great defensive synergy with Hydreigon and the two can take hits for each other fairly easily. Pivots such as Landorus-T, Mega Scizor, and Rotom-W are all good scouts and help Hydreigon get a safe switch-in. Finally, you should always consider a sweeper such as Keldeo, Mega Pinsir, Mega Mawile, or Mega Gyarados, as they can easily clean up after Hydreigon has broken down opposing walls.

Other Options
########

Hydreigon has a lot of other options due to its wide movepool. A Choice Scarf set can be used to catch the opposing team off guard, but the power drop can really hurt sometimes. While Choice Specs hits even harder than Life Orb, it's easier to take advantage of a Hydreigon while it is locked into a single move due to its low Speed. If Hydreigon is using Choice Specs, then it can use Flash Cannon to get past Fairy-types. Hydreigon is one of the only Dragon-types that gets U-turn, a move which can help gain momentum. With U-turn, Hydreigon can scout the opposing team for any potential check or counter, and get chip damage. Substitute is another good move, as Hydreigon often forces switches and attacking isn't always the best option. A bulky set with Taunt, Roost, and two attacks can also work well if your team needs that more than a wallbreaker.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fairy-types** Without Iron Tail, Hydreigon is very prone to Fairy-types such as Clefable, Sylveon, and Azumarill. Azumarill in particular can switch to any attack bar the gimmick Charge Beam and either OHKO Hydreigon or set up on it.

**Special Walls** Without Superpower, Umbreon, Chansey, and Blissey become major headaches. Umbreon can wear out Hydreigon with STAB Foul Play while using Wish and Protect to heal itself. Chansey and Blissey take little damage from any attack Hydreigon can throw at them bar Superpower, and can force Hydreigon out with Seismic Toss or Toxic stall.

**Assault Vest Users** Pokemon such as Conkeldurr and Goodra can stomach any attack barring repeated Draco Meteors, and scare off Hydreigon with STAB Drain Punch and STAB Draco Meteor, respectively. Conkeldurr can also revenge kill weakened Hydreigon with STAB Mach Punch.

**Revenge Killers** Pokemon that commonly carry priority attackers such as Conkeldurr, Breloom, and Mega Scizor can finish off a weakened Hydreigon. In addition, Hydreigon’s mediocre Speed leaves it very vulnerable to revenge killers such as Garchomp, Latios, Latias, and Greninja.

Last Edited: 26/04/2014 10:30

Last edited:
Here's a set I'd like to put forward for consideration that I've been using to some success on the ladder.

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 176 SAtk / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Taunt

I think there's something to be said for a bulky attacker taunt set listed explicitly on the analysis beyond other options.

Evs:
This set serves as a reasonably fast taunter that retains some of Hydreigon's natural bulk and most of its firepower. 176 SAtk Evs hits a jump point, which allows you to still hit very hard, and you can only 2HKO Aegislash with full investment and leftovers anyway. 204 Spe Evs allows you to outspeed the fastest standard Gliscor set and other hazard setters as well. 128 HP Evs are for added bulk. If outspeeding Gliscor is not of importance more can be invested in bulk, I'd advise in HP and Spdef due to the role a pivot like Hydreigon has served for me in the past. The set appreciates cleric support, but with taunt and careful switching I've done without it before.

Moves:
The changes to steels resisting ghost and dark type moves has made ghost and dark type pokemon more valuable. As ghosts become more valuable dark types become more valuable still. For that reason I'm loathe to drop Hydreigon's valuable dark stab, dark pulse, on a taunt set. Dragon Pulse is for stab, but for teams that appreciate a Fairy type Lure, Flash Cannon is also useful. The set works pretty well as a lead, which also helps to make U-turn a more valuable move. Something like Dragon Pulse/U-turn/Flash Cannon could work for that move slot in my opinion. Taunt is invaluable and Roost is to keep Hydreigon healthy in order to keep your taunter alive for as long as possible.

Hydreigon's an effective fast and bulky taunter, which differentiates itself from a bulky taunter like Krookodile with its reliable recovery. I think it should probably have a set with taunt and here's a suggestion people can perhaps try out.

This was brought up in the preview, but there is not a massive point in Scarf Hydreigon running Timid max speed unless you are desperately concerned about revenge killing +1 Jolly Haxorus. This is the set from the preview (Modest version)

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn / Flash Cannon

This has more than enough speed to outrun most of the dangerous common boosters such as Jolly Dragonite and Gyarados. You miss out on neutral +1 base 100s, but most of the common ones (Salamence, Volcarona) run Speed natures anyway. The power boost from Modest makes Dark Pulse a viable tool to clean up late game, it just doesn't pack enough punch with Timid.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
I actually quite like the scarf hydreigon set it differentiates itself from latios by going from pursuit and sucker punch weak to resistant. Latios is faster, and hits marginally harder, but Hydreigon's mixed bulk is superior. On top of this u-turn is a valuable niche for the dark dragon, I dont think anything should be slashed next to it. Hydreigon is a fairy magnet, pivoting out of them buys valuable momentum.

Twin_Scimitar Hm it looks like a really solid set, unfortunately I cannot try this set with the hotels wifi as it's to slow. Personally I would slash U-turn after Dragon Pulse as Flash Cannon 3HKOs most Fairy types in the best case. I feel that Earth Power might be worth running as you can nail Heatran on the switch in, but I mights just be me. But I'll leave this too QC and se what they say, untill then I'll mention this set under other options.

Ubiquitous Oh Thanks for mentioning it. I must have missed it when I checked through the old analyses. I'll change it.

porky Yea I have too agree with U-turn beeing manditory after some more testing. I'll change that too.

I agree that Flash Cannon doesn't hit that hard. It just does a couple things for the set:

176+ SpA Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Togekiss: 158-186 (42.2 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
176+ SpA Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 192-228 (48.7 - 57.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

It's probably not worth mentioning on the set, since it's fringe use if you wanted to clear away or weaken some checks for a Garchomp or other physical dragon sweep. Frankly, flash cannon was Theorymon. I've only ever used D-pulse or U-turn in that slot. My teams that I've run with it have handled heatran with another pokemon so I've never needed Earth Power. I agree Earth Power has more merit than Flash Cannon.

scalarmotion

sit, fetch, micro
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
  • Dark Pulse is spammable with and only resisted by Fairy and Fighting-types
Just wanted to point out that dark types also resist dark pulse. You could ostensibly run Superpower for mixed sets or just meteor them, but just saying.

The problem with Hydreigon is that both STABs are destroyed by Fairy-Types. It does, however, have a silver lining in have a neutral DARK stab against steel types and being resistant to SUCKER PUNCH.

Have you guys tried the SubRoost Hydreigon set that is modeled after the Kyruem set?

Substitute
Charge Beam
Dragon Pulse
Roost

Pokemon that use Leech Seed/T-wave such as Ferrothorn cannot stop you from setting up unless it carries Gyro Ball. Mandibuzz with taunt cannot stop you from getting special attack boosts and foul play does half damage because you resist it, plus you can end up doing a good amount of damage to any incoming check. It is only supposed to emphasize Hydreigon's resistances (dark, ghost, electric, water, grass, fire) and types it is immune to (it has two: psychic and ground). You can see how these work well together.

Last edited:
The problem with Hydreigon is that both STABs are destroyed by Fairy-Types. It does, however, have a silver lining in have a neutral DARK stab against steel types and being resistant to SUCKER PUNCH.

Have you guys tried the SubRoost Hydreigon set that is modeled after the Kyruem set?

Substitute
Charge Beam
Dragon Pulse
Roost

Pokemon that use Taunt such as ferrothorn cannot stop you from setting up unless it carries Gyro Ball.
Ferrothorn cannot learn taunt lol. And why charge beam? Hydreigon is too slow to sweep, and charge beam is not a good boosting move anyway, so what's the point?

Ferrothorn cannot learn taunt lol. And why charge beam? Hydreigon is too slow to sweep, and charge beam is not a good boosting move anyway, so what's the point?
Opps! I forgot about that. I meant Mandibuzz. But it can set up on Ferrothorn by blocking Leech Seed/T-wave. It works well with Hydreigon's resistances. I can see if you don't want to use it and not include it in the analysis, but sub roost is a good option and electric/dragon is a good combo. Ultimately Scarf is probably the safest option, but Hydreigon has a lot of options as well such as Work Up, T-wave, and Focus Energy. SubRoost was OK for me in Gen5 and that's why I recommended it.

Twin_Scimitar Yea it's more commes down to what you want to handle on your own and what you want your team to handle. I still think U-turn is a great move on Hydreigon. It can really help you when you manage to predict a Fairy switchin.

scalarmotion Thanks I've fixed that now.

bobdylanrocks Well sorry I'm not going to post that set as it's to gimmick. And it's the same reason I don't post the set I'm using right now, it's also to gimmick but it really works well with my team and I'm having succes with it. So trying out what works best for yourself is also an important part of the game.

Also if anyone from the quality control team could say something about the analyse it would help.

I agree that Flash Cannon doesn't hit that hard. It just does a couple things for the set:

176+ SpA Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Togekiss: 158-186 (42.2 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
176+ SpA Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 192-228 (48.7 - 57.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

It's probably not worth mentioning on the set, since it's fringe use if you wanted to clear away or weaken some checks for a Garchomp or other physical dragon sweep. Frankly, flash cannon was Theorymon. I've only ever used D-pulse or U-turn in that slot. My teams that I've run with it have handled heatran with another pokemon so I've never needed Earth Power. I agree Earth Power has more merit than Flash Cannon.
I rather use Fire Blast over Flash Cannon, since most Fairies are specially defensive. Should Fire Blast be slashed with Flash Cannon?

I rather use Fire Blast over Flash Cannon, since most Fairies are specially defensive. Should Fire Blast be slashed with Flash Cannon?
Well it would depend on the set. I would never slash Flash Cannon with anything on the mixed and specs set as it's to good to simply take away and without it Fairy-types will eat him for breakfast. But on other sets like choice scarf or the taunt set that Twin_Scimitar mentioned, Flash Cannon can be slashed as those sets don't care if a Fairy-type switch es in on it as its job probably done by then.

Flash Cannon hits Fairy-types for 4x super effective damage who are resists both Hydreigon's STAB moves.
Unless you're talking about Carbink, fairies only take 2x SE damage from flash cannon.

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just some minor nitpicking, but under the All-out Attacker set you put "Expert" instead of "Expert Belt" for an item.

You also state in the All-out Attacker set that Superpower lets Hydreigon beat Chansey. However, this is rarely the case since LO Superpower does ~50% to 4/252 Chansey, meaning it can almost always be stalled out due to the attack drops.

Also, put Genesect in the Checks and Counters section. Genesect will almost always be fully invested in speed, so no matter what set Hydreigon runs it will always be threatened by Genesect's slightly faster U-turn.

For Scarf set, why would I want Earth Power to hit steels instead of Fire Blast/Flamethrower? What specific mons would Earth Power be more effective than Flamethrower/Fire Blast on and why would U-Turn be important if you're gonna predict and say Flash Cannon on switch

For Scarf set, why would I want Earth Power to hit steels instead of Fire Blast/Flamethrower? What specific mons would Earth Power be more effective than Flamethrower/Fire Blast on and why would U-Turn be important if you're gonna predict and say Flash Cannon on switch
Earth Power would be for Heatran. It's everywhere and while the most annoying thing most Heatran will be doing to you will be either to toxic or roar you out, it's nice to have a solution to it. (only 11% of heatran with HP Ice and 6% with D-pulse in December Statistics)

As for your second question, I'm 99% sure he means that since most fairies will be only 3hko'd by Flash Cannon that's not from LO or Specs you'll want to be switching out anyways to a pokemon that handles fairies much better, so U-turn will often be the better option as it allows you to keep momentum on your side. In addition, U-turn is the better move in general when predicting switches like these, because if you predict poorly you're still fine if you're using U-turn.

I've been doing more testing with the 4th moveslot on the taunt set I proposed, and I've found Dragon Pulse and U-turn to be the best choices. Flash Cannon and Earth Power I've found to be a little underwhelming. I think that for the taunt set they should only be used if the team in question needs a bit more fairy hate or a bit more heatran hate. Probably not worth mentioning them. I'm planning to spend a little time testing fire blast, despite my aversion to lower accuracy moves and my suspicions that it won't be very good... but we test for a reason.

I've done a little testing with a bulkier slower spread 204 Hp/ 176 Spatk/ 128Spe. With this spread Hydreigon can function as a bulky attacker/taunter a bit better and although you lose out somewhat on being a very nice taunt Gliscor check, 128 speed Evs still allows you to outspeed modest heatran and taunt it before it can get up rocks. Equally importantly, a small amount of speed creeping past this point (I know discussing this in analyses is frowned upon, however the point stands) allows you to outspeed the standard Landorus-T set and finish it off if you've managed to wear it down below 42% (Dark Pulse) or else taunt it late game in order to keep rocks from going up. This could be very important to a team employing a SR weak sweeper such as Charizard-X, Dragonite, Talonflame, or Volcarona. I'm currently unsure which set I prefer more.

EDIT: Everything I just said has been said by the user above me, guess I came in a bit too late XP

Because Earth Power is the only move that lets you get past Heatran, whereas Fire Blast/Flamethrower will activate Heatran's Flash Fire. Otherwise, I would say that Fire Blast is better for Ferrothorn/Scizor/Skarmory. I actually have never found much use for Flash Cannon when running Scarf Hydreigon (it's really only been good for Togekiss, who only gets 2HKO'd by it at best), it's just one of those cases of theorymonning that doesn't work very well in practice. As for U-Turn, it's great for gaining switch momentum when you really need it, so U-Turn should probably be mandatory on the set (which has been mentioned before)

Overall, the moveset for Scarf Hydreigon should probably look more like this:

-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Earth Power/Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-U-Turn

Earth Power would be for Heatran. It's everywhere and while the most annoying thing most Heatran will be doing to you will be either to toxic or roar you out, it's nice to have a solution to it. (only 11% of heatran with HP Ice and 6% with D-pulse in December Statistics)

As for your second question, I'm 99% sure he means that since most fairies will be only 3hko'd by Flash Cannon that's not from LO or Specs you'll want to be switching out anyways to a pokemon that handles fairies much better, so U-turn will often be the better option as it allows you to keep momentum on your side. In addition, U-turn is the better move in general when predicting switches like these, because if you predict poorly you're still fine if you're using U-turn.

I've been doing more testing with the 4th moveslot on the taunt set I proposed, and I've found Dragon Pulse and U-turn to be the best choices. Flash Cannon and Earth Power I've found to be a little underwhelming. I think that for the taunt set they should only be used if the team in question needs a bit more fairy hate or a bit more heatran hate. Probably not worth mentioning them. I'm planning to spend a little time testing fire blast, despite my aversion to lower accuracy moves and my suspicions that it won't be very good... but we test for a reason.

I've done a little testing with a bulkier slower spread 204 Hp/ 176 Spatk/ 128Spe. With this spread Hydreigon can function as a bulky attacker/taunter a bit better and although you lose out somewhat on being a very nice taunt Gliscor check, 128 speed Evs still allows you to outspeed modest heatran and taunt it before it can get up rocks. Equally importantly, a small amount of speed creeping past this point (I know discussing this in analyses is frowned upon, however the point stands) allows you to outspeed the standard Landorus-T set and finish it off if you've managed to wear it down below 42% (Dark Pulse) or else taunt it late game in order to keep rocks from going up. This could be very important to a team employing a SR weak sweeper such as Charizard-X, Dragonite, Talonflame, or Volcarona. I'm currently unsure which set I prefer more.
I actually forgot about Heatran existed. Nicely written post about the usage of U-turn, might take that more into consideration.

Just some minor nitpicking, but under the All-out Attacker set you put "Expert" instead of "Expert Belt" for an item.

You also state in the All-out Attacker set that Superpower lets Hydreigon beat Chansey. However, this is rarely the case since LO Superpower does ~50% to 4/252 Chansey, meaning it can almost always be stalled out due to the attack drops.

Also, put Genesect in the Checks and Counters section. Genesect will almost always be fully invested in speed, so no matter what set Hydreigon runs it will always be threatened by Genesect's slightly faster U-turn.
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm gonna change that and add Genesect as a Check.
But regarding Chansey, with SR on the field Chansey faces as 50% chance of getting 2HKOed by Superpower. If Chansey have taken a Draco Meteor from Hydreigon before and never got a chance to recover then it's a clean 2HKO without SR so Chansey can be a shaky Check to the Mixed set.

Well the aboves posters said it so there's no need to repeat myself.

I've had a chance to try out the original set that you proposed and it have worked becouse no one expects it, it's quite nice and it works on certan teams but not every team. Personally I thought that Taunt / Roost / Dark Pulse /U-turn was the best moves for this set when I tried it out. Sometimes it was a little bit disapointing compared to the mixed set and sometimes it was pritty hilarius as theirs Fairy-types switches in on the Taunt and then you U-turn to Genesect and starts setting up Shift Gears in there face without worring about status problems.

Also most of the Fairy-types are 3HKOed (252 HP / 252+ SDef) by Flash Cannon even with SR on the field from the mixed set. So there's no way that you can get past Fairy-types with the Scarf set and therefor it's slashed after Earth Power.

EDIT: I'll update the OP later today but not right now.
EDIT 2: Done editing.

Last edited:

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I really don't see much merit to Flash Cannon on any set, only seeing it as an AC or even OO mention. Azumarill isn't weak to Flash Cannon, and pretty much every other Fairy has great special bulk anyway. To put it into perspective, unboosted Flash Cannon cannot 2HKO 0 HP / 0 SpD Sylveon. The mixed set's strength is being able to 2HKO most switch-ins with a combination of 2 moves, but Flash Cannon barely 2HKOes Fairies even if you hit them on the switch, while trading useful coverage for Steels such as Ferrothorn and Heatran, which can actually be KOed by said coverage move. Best leave the Fairies for teammates like Venusaur or Aegislash to lay waste on.

Also, a possible mention of Head Smash in OO to break apart Togekiss and occasionally Volcarona.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Iron Tail > Flash Cannon in all cases, unless you prefer the better accuracy. With 40 Atk EVs and SR up, Iron Tail 2HKOes 252 HP Tyranitar, and any Clefable, Togekiss, and Sylveon.

So, Dark Pulse, Draco Meteor, and Iron Tail seem as the best choices for the first three slots. On the last slot, Fire Blast and Roost are the best options. Fire Blast is still great, and bar Earthquake, is Hydreigon's best and only bet against Mega Mawile, OHKOing it. OHKOing Pokemon such as Ferrothorn, Scizor, Skarmory, and Klefki is great as well. Roost is standard and allows Hydreigon to stick around longer. Here is my proposal:

Mixed Attacker
########
set name: Mixed Attacker
move 1: Dark Pulse
move 2: Draco Meteor
move 3: Iron Tail / Superpower
move 4: Fire Blast / Roost
ability: Levitate
item: Life Orb
nature: Rash / Mild
evs: 40 Atk / 236 SAtk / 232 Spe

A physical move is necessary to deal with Tyranitar, but Iron Tail seems better with all the Fairy-types running around. However, should Blissey and Chansey annoy your team, Superpower is a perfect alternative as well, also covering Steel-types such as Ferrothorn and Lucario if you don't use Fire Blast. Flash Cannon, Charge Beam (good for Togekiss and Azumarill, and makes Hydreigon harder to play around in general), Earthquake, Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, +Spe natures, and Expert Belt go to Set Comments. Enough Speed to outrun neutral natured Kyurem-B, and the choice between Rash and Mild depends on if you would rather take priority better, or be able to switch into Pokemon such as Rotom-W better(Hydreigon's typing is more suited for taking special hits in general).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)