Hypa Offence, Here We Go! Peaked 68, 2499 rating!

Here is some proof of me on the ladder:

Before I show my team I would like to mention that I did not make a team that was specifically around a Pokemon or 2. I wanted a team in which I can send a Pokemon out at a specific time and wreck havoc. There was not much of a team building process, just wanted a team in which I can continuously carry momentum through priority, revenge killing, and making opponents pay for there mistakes which ultimately gives me a chance to set up with a Pokemon. This is what using a Hyper Offensive team is all about. I will stop babbling and now show you my team!

Terrakion
@ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Here is the lead of my team. He sets up stealth rock and is a threat to some weather inducers such as Ninetales and Tyranitar. Taunt prevents Pokemon such as Skarmory and Forretress from doing there thing. Jolly is used instead of an Adamant just so I can out speed other Terrakions and Keldeos which are not scarfed. Choice Scarf Jirachi and other opening scarf users prevents me from doing my thing so if you suspect a scarf, Terrakion might not be the best thing to open with. It allows opponents to set up on you. However unlike other entry hazard users, Terrakion is still very useful as both of his STAB moves do incredible damage and still is a major threat to your opponents.

Breloom
@ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch
- Spore

One of my favourite Pokemon! The number one reason why I have him on my team is the ability to gain momentum within one or two turns. A lot of momentum breakers are slow Pokemon who are tanky and fricken annoying for anyone to deal with. Sack a Pokemon accordingly and send out Breloom and SPORE! Right after that Focus punch unless you expect a ghost Pokemon like a Gengar. Then you Bullet Seed and watch it die or almost die! People do not know how to properly handle this Pokemon. A lot of users (even higher ranked people) like to switch out their Pokemon as soon as it goes to sleep. Not only the next Pokemon to come out is going to get its ass penetrated by a Focus Punch, the sleeping Pokemon is as good as dead too. Breloom also is a great revenge killer due to its amazingly powerful Mach Punch. Duno what else to say about this guy.

Alakazam
@ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

Probably one of the best revenge killers in OU as of right now. You pretty much bring him in when a Pokemon dies and REVENGE KILL. When using Alakazam, it is very, VERY important to protect its Focus Sash because you will never know when you could use it! The reason why I chose hidden power ice over hidden power fire is because I felt that all them who are 4x weak against ice were a lot more threatening to my team due to the fact I got no real tank on my team. Hidden power fire also slows down and weakens my Alakazam which I am not a big fan of. Hidden power fire just gives my the opportunity to get a revenge kill on Scizor and I do not feel that its worth it on that.

Scizor
@ Flying Gem
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
JOLLY Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance

In my opinion, every team should have a bluff on their team as it helps gain momentum with ease, especially Hyper Offensive teams! Scizor usually comes in to finish a kill with Bullet Punch. Majority assume that my Scizor is banded at this point and send out a counter to Bullet Punch. This is when I can either setup with SD or even get another kill with the burst provided from Acrobatics and flying gem! Jellicent is Scizor's number one counter and Acrobatics does work on it. Superpower allows me to hit the steel Pokemon Scizor's other moves can't hit.

Latios (M)
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I run a weird Scarf Latios build. The reason why I chose Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor is to be able to keep on fighting when able. Usually Draco Meteor forces me to switch out. This looses momentum and gives an opponent the time to set up on me. This is the exact reason why I run Thunderbolt over Surf. I feel that with my build, thunderbolt gives my the ability to keep on pumping damage into my opponents more often than surf which causes more switch outs. Thunderbolt also gives me the ability to sweep some rain teams late game if played correctly. Hidden power fire is one move that i do not use often and is probably going to change. It was there for coverage because I did not have a single fire move on the team but I feel like I do not require it. It slows and weakens me out.

Garchomp
@ Salac Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

After reading a few forums here and there I decided to give subsalac Garchomp a try. When setup, Garchomp is an incredible sweeper in which other teams have very little answers for. However as I went up the ladder, I found that with the team I had, I had very little opportunity to set up with Garchomp. He became a Pokemon with a Dragon Claw and an Earthquake. This Pokemon is probably the one I am going to ask the most help for. Either help me find a new Pokemon or help me change his build for better utility. Most likely he will be switched out for a different Pokemon as it did not help me gain any sort of advantage in my late laddering.

THANKS FOR READING AND HELP MOST APPRECIATED!

IMPORT for testing
Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

Breloom @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch
- Spore

Scizor @ Flying Gem
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Last edited:

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Right, well obviously this is a pretty successful team, but I have a few suggestions which I think will make this team a little bit better.

Just a quite nitpic, you need to change Scizor's nature to Jolly. Jolly gets the jump on most Tentacruel, Jellicent, and SpDef Heatran, which is crucial for the SD Acrobatics set.

My next suggestion would be to change Breloom's item to Fighting Gem. You're only going to be spamming Focus Punch a few times, maybe once or twice during the battle, so you may as well take away the Life Orb recoil and give yourself a Fighting Gem. It really allows you to break through Skarmory and Forretress, which this team really appreciates.

Now my next suggestion would be to change Latios' moveset. Scarf Latios is really underwhelming, so it needs the most powerful moves to actually have an impact. Draco Meteor > Dragon Pulse. Thunderbolt I also think is a waste, as the only thing it's hitting is Gyarados, which is OHKOd by Draco Meteor after SR. Surf > Thunderbolt, as it gets better coverage and hits Latios' best check (Tyranitar) for more damage. I dunno if I like HP Fire on Scarf Latios, as I generally run Trick, but if it's working out for you I don't see why not.

And finally, Garchomp should be running Outrage > Dragon Claw. Since it's going to be sweeping late game, it needs as much power as it can get to break through neutral threats like Rotom-W and Celebi.

As you can see, I haven't suggested any Pokemon replacements, mainly because I think the synergy with the team is excellent. Great team man, and good luck in the future.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Got your VM request

fsr ShootingStarmie posts rates before me when I get VM requests. So yeah, just change Scizor's nature to Jolly to outspeed Jelly etc, as that's one of the main selling points of that set.

It seems like you use Latios more to break down things as opposed to being your go-to revenge killer for this team -- I think that role is better suited for Alakazam. I really don't like Scarf Latios without Draco Meteor, so if you don't want to change that, then at least consider changing from Scarf to Specs. It makes your Dragon Pulses hit a lot harder, and helps you break down teams a bit easier, as not much can switch into Latios with Specs on. Get rid of HP Fire for Trick, as it has more uses against more stall-oriented teams. I personally like Draco Meteor/Surf/Psyshock/Trick, but if you're set on going for Dragon Pulse and Thunderbolt then try for Specs. Additionally, Sleep Talk over HP Fire can work as well if you're looking for something to absorb sleep. However, it doesn't look like much on your team will give way to Breloom in the first place, so I'd suggest Trick still.

If you don't like Garchomp, perhaps you can try Hydreigon, who is an awesome combination with Latios as Latios can beat Keldeo and Breloom, while Hydreigon has the ability to pound on stuff like Tyranitar and Jirachi, all while giving you a second Dragon to just pound stuff with. Despite its suboptimal speed, you have two priority users, a Terrakion, and Latios -- both which have above average speed. A perk of using Hydreigon is that it has no counters, and it puts you in control when the situation is right. When you surround it with fast pokemon such as those on your team, they can help Hydreigon clear the way for a sweep against bulkier threats.

Alternatively, run Lum Berry SD Chomp if you feel that it's hard to set up with Garchomp. Sometimes it can fake a scarf, and it will save you from Scald burns and Will-O-Wisps. I suppose Scald in Rain is probably one of the reasons why you find it so hard to set up with Chomp, another being its lack of coverage. Lum Chomp fixes those problems and gives you a threatening sweeper endgame.

Hydreigon@Life Orb
Rash 252 satk / 252 spe / 4 def
Draco Meteor/Fire Blast/Superpower/Roost

or

Garchomp@Lum Berry
Jolly 252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Outrage/Earthquake/Fire Fang/Swords Dance
---
Specs + Trick over Scarf + HP Fire on Latios
Jolly over Adamant Scizor

Hope I gave you some ideas to go balls deep on offense

TY for the suggestions guys..I'm def gonna change my scizor to Jolly. Im going to give a lum berry garchomp with outrage a try as well and I also want to give specs latios a try as well!

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
I take on any requests, but I hardly search for teams to rate so if you want a rate send me a request!

Got the VM request!

And I must say -- despite being rather new to the forums, you seem to know what you are doing. This offense looks overall solid, but there are a few issues that are a bit glaring to me.

First is that LO Anaytical Starmie weakness -- nothing likes switching into it and it deals quite a lot of damage, while you don't really have anything to hit it back with. Latios's Thunderbolt is pretty lackluster w/o LO or EB, while Alakazam's Signal Beam is a 2HKO. Scizor itself looks quite hard to play around considering you rely on locking yourself into HP Fire to do so (being locked into DM + Scizor revenge could mean being Pursuit trapped; meaning you have no answer to it, as Alakazam's FB is a 2HKO as well since you don't carry HP Fire). Additionally, Jellicent seems annoying to face, especially since they are usually paired with Amo or Celebi, whom hardcore wall Breloom. Opposing Lati@s twins look hard to switch into considering that Scizor can only set up on -2 variants, and variants lacking HP Fire (if they aren't at -2 then they will likely 2HKO 0hp Scizor with -2 Draco after it tries and fails to tank a +0 DM). And lastly, there are many threats that can only be handled if Alakazam maintains FS, which means Zam will usually be under tons of pressure through out the duration of the match to keep things in check while not losing it's sash which can make battling somewhat stressfull and more difficult.

Anyway, I have easy fixes so it's all good!

1.) I'm going to agree with @ShootinStarmie and suggest you go ahead and run Jolly over Adamant on SD Scizor for reasons he mentioned in his rate (jumping SpD Heatran, Jellicent, Tentacruel, and Adamant Breloom, etc.). Additionally, using Outrage over Dragon Claw is much better for lategame sweeping and raw power, especially since you need all the power you can get to muscle through stall teams.

2.) Alright, so next I'm going to suggest replacing Scarf Latios in favor of running Scarf Latias instead. While Latias is indeed weaker, the additional bulk is something to be desired on a team that can't tank too many water STABs in rain (mainly Keldeo's). However, the biggest crux Scarf Latias can offer for you over Scarf Latios is Healing Wish, which works in perfect conjunction with Sash Alakzam since it can revive your Focus Sash (if it hasn't been broken but you took damage from something like VSwitch, for example) and Magic Guard prevents Alakazam from taking hazard damage, allowing it to restore all of it's health without any penalty. HW can be utilized on any of your heavy offensive sweepers (SD Scizor, SubSD Garchomp, and LO Breloom all appreciate getting replenished lategame).

3.) Alakazam should really opt to go for Shadow Ball in place of Signal Beam. Celebi is massive set up bait for Scizor so I don't see the point of hitting that whereas the Lati@s twins and Starmie are much bigger threats, and as such need to be hit harder (aka Shadow Ball hits them harder). Alternatively, with Scarf Latias luring out most Dragons and Scizor setting up on -2 Lati@s, I would say you should drop Hidden Power [Ice] in favor for Hidden Power [Fire]. Smacking Scizor is important since currently you were relying on Latios (or Latias now) to catch it with HP Fire. Due to this subtle, yet important change; I recommend not using HP Fire on Latias now that Alakazam is carrying it.

4.) Lastly, I suggest changing Breloom's nature to Jolly. Jolly is so much better than Adamant in this metagame, getting the jump on Skarmory and Adamant Mamoswine and Modest Max Heatran and even Jolly Scizor are such important benchmarks that I wouldn't even consider Adamant anymore. Additionally, due to Scald burns and bulky water types being annoying in general, I'm going to suggest Lum Berry and Swords Dance over Life Orb and Focus Punch respectively. This solves the annoying Jellicent issue as well as being able to break bulky water types (which are annoying). You can also set up on Ferrothorn and Rotom-W, which is always sweet if you ask me!

I hope this helps! :)

Tl;tr:

Breloom ----> Change nature to Jolly; use Swords Dance over Focus Punch and replace Life Orb for Lum Berry.

Latios ----> Change to
Scarf Latias; use Draco Meteor, Psyshock, Surf, and Healing Wish.

Alakazam ----> Use Shadow Ball and Hidden Power [Fire] over Signal Beam and Hidden Power [Ice].

Scizor ----> Change to @ShootinStarmie 's Jolly Scizor.

Garchomp ----> Replace Dragon Claw with Outrage.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey I got your request. You have a pretty solid team so far, but your team has some synergy issues.

Acro Scizor is mainly used to bait in Jelly/Tenta/Lando and takes them out or weakens them to open up a sweep for another pokemon. You can attempt to sweep with Scizor itself, but it usually doesn't happen. You also should make it jolly like other users have said to outpace Tentacruels.

I think you should replace latios with keldeo to really take advantage of acro sciz. It gives you a much better answer to rain teams with ferrothorn and is capable of winning more games than latios would because of its superior coverage.

Because of that change I would also replace Garchomp with Latias. Latios was your only check to Keldeo previously and replacing it with Keldeo did make you a bit more vulnerable to keldeo. Keldeo can't ohko any pokemon on your team and you have pokemon that can ohko it back (and priority) so a check isn't necessary, but it's always nice to have if your pokemon are weakened late game. Latias and Alakazam also work nicely in weakening each other's counters and making your opponent play a lot more conservative around them because of it.

Hope I helped dude!

forgive da grammir mistaiks cuz im tired

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 12 SDef / 244 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd /
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

this is a pretty creative team but you need call mind and recover on latios
You barely see calm mind and recover on Latios's these days. Its role is to punch holes into the opponent's team anyway, so there's no point in those moves. Also, calm mind and recover is more suited for bulky offensive teams, not hyper offensive.

TY for the suggestions guys! What I think im going to do is keep hp ice on alakazam and test out what chimp suggested! Anyone know when the Keldeo thing is going down? Is it staying or getting banned? I would not want to put him on my team knowing its getting banned.

FYI, Specs Latios is being a hit or miss...Sometimes wins me games and other times I miss the speed because i don't need the power!

I did test subDD Garados intimidate in replacent of Garchomp and it did test out pretty well! Let me know what you guys think!

Hey I got your request. You have a pretty solid team so far, but your team has some synergy issues.

Acro Scizor is mainly used to bait in Jelly/Tenta/Lando and takes them out or weakens them to open up a sweep for another pokemon. You can attempt to sweep with Scizor itself, but it usually doesn't happen. You also should make it jolly like other users have said to outpace Tentacruels.

I think you should replace latios with keldeo to really take advantage of acro sciz. It gives you a much better answer to rain teams with ferrothorn and is capable of winning more games than latios would because of its superior coverage.

Because of that change I would also replace Garchomp with Latias. Latios was your only check to Keldeo previously and replacing it with Keldeo did make you a bit more vulnerable to keldeo. Keldeo can't ohko any pokemon on your team and you have pokemon that can ohko it back (and priority) so a check isn't necessary, but it's always nice to have if your pokemon are weakened late game. Latias and Alakazam also work nicely in weakening each other's counters and making your opponent play a lot more conservative around them because of it.

Hope I helped dude!

forgive da grammir mistaiks cuz im tired

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 12 SDef / 244 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd /
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
What kind of Keldeo would you suggest? Also I do not get why u have draco meteor on latias with roost? makes no sense to me because it seems like you want to protect latias's longevity even tho after one meteor you would have to switch it out anyways. And please explain the point spread. Why 12 in special d?

Last edited:

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I meant to suggest scarf keldeo.

Draco meteor is necessary as it's significantly stronger than dragon pulse which will net you 2hkos you otherwise wouldn't have gotten and is stronger than your other coverage moves 90% of the time. The EVs are to outspeed base 108's and the rest went into SpD because I don't like putting HP investment in life orb pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)