SS OU Hyper Offensive Team (Need help choosing Team Member #6)

This my first attempt at a hyper offensive team, and have been trying to learn as much as possible about creating a well rounded offensive monster. I have 5 pokemon down and an idea of what I want the sixth to be but am open to suggestions. Any feedback is helpful. Thank you!

Mew @ Focus Sash
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Fire Blast

Mew is most likely going to be a Suicide opener. It uses both Stealth Rock and up to 3 layers of Spikes.Taunt stops defoggers and Fire Blast is coverage move for Ferrothorn. Having focus sash lets Mew potentially stack a lot of hazards to ensure your opponent takes as much chip damage as possible.

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Spirit Break

Light Clay extends the duration of Light Screen and Reflect from 5 turns to 8 turns. Taunt lets you stop your opponent from Defogging away your screens and hazards, further supporting Mew. Spirit Break gives you a reliable STAB so that Grimmsnarl doesn't become deadweight on the back end.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Att / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Rapidspin
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Excadrill has Rapid Spin to counter hazards placed by your opponent. I also chose the ability Sand Rush to complement Tyranitar as well as to outspeed my opponent while applying offensive pressure. If you choose not to use Tyranitar then you can also apply sand using Max Rockfall when dynamaxed.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Att / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Flamethrower

Tyranitar can be used in multiple roles in this team. He has the ability to set Sand for Excadrill without using your Dynamax. He can also be used as one of the main sweepers. He has the reliable STAB Crunch and I chose Flamethrower to deal with the very prevalent Corviknight. I also chose Protect to maximize the gain from Leftovers. This set hopefully get the most out of Tyranitar's offensive capability.

Gyarados @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Att / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

If all else fails I hope to use Moxie Gyarados to clean up the rest. Using heavy-duty boots lets it switch in relatively easy. It has a lot of use when Dynamaxed, allowing it to set rain for itself as well as to increase its speed with Max Airstream. Most likely going to be used as a back end sweeper to get the most out of Moxie.

(Uncertain)
Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spe / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Trick
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Rest

Gothitelle can help prevent the team from getting walled out by certain pokemon, most notable Toxapex and Ferrothorn. Using Trick with Choice scarf is useful in forcing your opponent into one move while you can freely boost Gothitelle. Rest increases Gothitelle's longevity and it allows it to finish off the 1v1s created by Shadow Tag. Gothitelle would mostly be used to break up certain defense but can also be used to clean up the opponent in the late game with Stored Power.

The team is very Attack heavy, and I was thinking I need something with high SpA to round it out. Either Hydreigon or Kommo-o were my immediate thoughts, or Gothitelle to help breakthrough strong defenses. This is one of my first attempts so grateful for any help.

Last edited:
well I do have one suggestion, you should replace earthquake for Power Whip on Gyrados, earthquake is good for rock types (which waterfall already covers) and electric types (they aren´t that common, but when they do show up just let Excadrill or Tyranitar take care of them). Power Whip is super helpful when something like Seismetoad pops up and ruins the sweep.

well I do have one suggestion, you should replace earthquake for Power Whip on Gyrados, earthquake is good for rock types (which waterfall already covers) and electric types (they aren´t that common, but when they do show up just let Excadrill or Tyranitar take care of them). Power Whip is super helpful when something like Seismetoad pops up and ruins the sweep.
I actually realized that pretty quickly as well thanks tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)