ORAS OU I Be Bunny-Hopping![Feat: Mega Lopunny]

Hey guys, In this RMT i will be showcasing my favorite Mega, Mega Lopunny. this team went through MANY changes, i would like u guys to leave an opinion of what i can i do to make this team get its full potential
The team:
talonflame.gif
landorus-therian.gif
empoleon.gif
magnezone.gif

I wanted to make a team based on Mega Lopunny, it is my favorite mega and i really wanted to try it out

Talonflame helped lopunny as an offensive teammate taking out fighting types and other pokemon that bother her

I chose Landorus because of his bulk with +Intimidate . Landorus served as a s-rocker and a psychical wall on this team

Empoleon served as a special wall and a defogger having decent synergy with landorus in terms of covering weaknesses.

Latios served as a way to cripple walls while being very fast and revenge killing pokes

Magnezone was used to trap steels that can cause trouble in my team(ex Skarmony)

Detailed Sets:

BunnyHop (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Mega Lopunny is the star of this team, the pokemon in which this team is based around.A pokemon that has unresisted coverage and can hit like a truck? Thats the pokemon im looking for. Mega Lopunny is the main "Girl" on this team, trying to do as much damage as possible. HJK and return are the main stabs for this pokemon. Ice punch gives me coverage against ground types like gliscor, and Fake Out is to ensure a quick and easy mega evolution. Its ability, Scrappy allows it to hit ghosts such as gengar.

talonflame.gif

Prey (Talonflame) (M) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz

Talonflame is my Set-up user of the team.It checks some fighting types such as mega gallade, which was rather a problem to my team before. He is also an offensive partner to Lopunny. What i try to do with him is that i usually try to find an opportunity to send talonflame in, set up a SD, do some crazy damage to the opposing team and weaken them, then my other pokes can clean the match up. SD talonflame takes lives people.

landorus-therian.gif

Stomp (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
Landorus's bulk is amazing.He is Able to wall pokemon because of his bulk +Intimidate. He can check pokemon like zard x, which can clean my team if used right. He also serves as a pivot, having a VoltTurn core with magnezone. He is the psychical wall of this team, taking up psychical hits that some of my team members cant take. He also sets up stealth rocks, making some important KO's because of that. EQ is his main stab being very powerful. Stone Edge provides some coverage against flying types such as talonflame.

empoleon.gif

Armor (Empoleon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Roar
- Defog
Empoleon serves as my special wall and defogger.Scald serves as its main stab with that 30% burn chance which can be very useful later in the game. Knock Off provides some utility and can catch pokemon like Chansey off-guard. Defog is useful for clearing off hazards, as i prefer it over rapid spin. Roar makes sure that no pokemon can set-up and do alot of damage to my team, which has been very useful to certain pokemon such as CM clefable.

Neon Light (Latios) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Latios serves as my way to cripple walls while being a very fast attacker.It weakens ALOT of pokemon such as mega diancie(if it hasn't set up a rock polish).(252 SpA Latios Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 204-240 (84.6 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO). Its power is really amazing. It also is able to check bulky water types such as Quagsire. I also use this as my rain+mega swampert check. I do two things: 1: trick politoad CS. OR 2: Save CS, faint mega swampert, trick to a random pokemon after. So far, this set has been amazing with weakening the opposing team.

magnezone.gif

New And Shiny (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone serves a role on this team, to trap and faint annoying steel types that can bother my team(ex:skaromy).Like I said before, it forms a Volt-Turn core with Landorus.It also takes care of Bulky Water types such as Slowbro and Suicune. Moveset is Pretty simple. T-bolt serves as main stab, V-switch helps ease prediction and makes magnezone able to pivot. Flash Cannon takes care of faries and can be used for ground types who are immune to T-bolt and V-switch. HP fire lets magnezone take care to steel types by trapping team.

This team is one of the best i made, it is certainly a team i want to keep changing until it becomes better and better.

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Roar
- Defog

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Trick

New And Shiny (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Shoutouts:

Der Twist - For being a great friend and helping me change this team a bit. Also helped with some of the Sets i had never tried.

Concerns:

Nothing can switch into it safety, LO is a huge problem.Nothing doesn't want to take a hit.
If it its a RP set, it does alot of damage on my team. Latios takes care of it if it isnt RP. Lando takes alot from a moonblast but can KO back with EQ.

Spore Users- They are usually annoying due to me sacking a pokemon to sleep. When i see A spore user such as breloom, i lead with lopunny because she is able to KO it with FO+HJK.
Something like amoonguss, i lead with talon.

Thoughts:

I been thinking of replacing Magnezone with Rotom-wash. Checks skarmony well, but im a little worried of ferrothorn.(idk why). Also worried about M-slowbro

Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-196350893 Great battle, shows how this team can do against rain(not that high on ladder btw)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-197245914 Testing some changes

Attachments

Last edited:
On SD Talonflame, I much prefer the Jolly version with the EV spread that allows it to outspeed Raikou and OHKO it with Flare Blitz at +2. You have ways of dealing with Raikou, but having to switch out when you got to +2 is a sad thing to do.

I'm a big fan of Empoleon. I have been using him and LandorusT together happily, however I put Stealth Rock on Emp and either Explosion or Knock Off on LandoT (with Scarf). Something you may want to try.

I really like the VoltTurn interaction with LandoT and Rotom W. Definitely try out Rotom and let me know how he works for you.

I'd also consider a bulkier EV spread for Empoleon. Sassy nature and 252 speed EVs?
I agree with the above posted for Jolly Talonflame if you're using a SD set.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This team looks pretty nice but I have a few suggestions concerning the sets you're running.

Firstly Energy just isn't really useful on Latios. It's not that bad, it's just that Thunderbolt does the job better since Energy Ball doesn't really hit anything TBolt and Draco Meteor combined don't. Draco meteor already hits Quagsire and Mega-Swampert very hard so I wouldn't worry about that. Thunderbolt lets you hit Mandibuzz as well as Empoleons and Skarmorys which you haven't been able to trap, and has an extra 10 BP compared to Energy Ball. I guess Energy Ball does let you hit Diancie though, but I don't think Latios should really be trying to take on Diancie in the first place.

Speaking of which, Run a SpD spread on Empoleon. This lets you actually switch into Diancie and take it on better. Offensive investment doesn't do much for Empoleon, especially since your only offensive moves are mainly for utility purposes, and you aren't really outspeeding much even with Speed investement. Defensive investement is much better for a bulky Defogger such as Empoleon.

I would run Knock Off on Landorus-T over Stone Edge. This enables you to remove the Shed Shells off Skarmory and Ferrothorn enabling you to trap them with Magnezone. I guess Empoleon has Knoc kOff too, but Ferro and Skarm aren't really switching into Empoleon. However this makes you weaker to Talonfalme and especially Mega-Pinsir. If this is a problem you can always run Choice Scarf on Magnezone, this also gives you an extra Diancie and Mega-Gardevoir check, but also makes you weaker to Mega-Slowbro who is a huge threat. If you run Rotom-W this isn't a concern at all, but then Slowbro might become annoying to deal with.

On Talonflame, run a Jolly nature with 168 Speed in order to outspeed Raikou as suggested. In fact, if you decide to run Knock Off on Landorus-T I would run even more speed than standard Jolly Talonflame does to be more likely revenge kill opposing Talonflame more reliably.

You could run Toxic on Mega-Lopunny over Ice Punch. This sounds really dumb, but it's great at wearing down Slowbro and and so that Talonflame can sweep. It also lets you not get swept by non-Rest mega-Slowbro. I don't think you need Ice Punch too much since you only really hit Lando-T, and you own Lando-T is a very good swithin to these You could also run Toxic on Empoleon to stall out Pokemon like Latios, however I don't know if you want to remove either Roar or Knock Off since they provide nice utility.

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Trick

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roar / Knock Off
- Defog

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- U-turn

New And Shiny (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Toxic

Hope this helps!

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If i run CS of magnezone, what about latios?
I'd still run a Choice Scarf on Latios since that enables you revenge kill faster threats like Charizard-X, Mega-Gyarados, Greninja, Lopunny, basically anything that falls over 115 base Speed as well as opposing Scarfers. Magnezone is more here to use his good defensive typing to check relatively fast threats So I think it's fine to have 2 scarfers on your team.

I had been testing for a bit, and rotom-wash is doing great. I wandered on Celebi, and i ran a complicated ev spread on it.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 152 HP / 98 Def / 142 SpD / 116 Spe
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Baton Pass

116 ev's allows me to outspeed Jolly bisharp, which lets me put a sub, or i can baton pass out into something like mega lopunny and threaten it out. HP fighting is able to ko(or weaken) dark types like bisharp.

0 SpA Celebi Hidden Power Fighting vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 232-276 (85.2 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

0 SpA Celebi Hidden Power Fighting vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 232-276 (85.2 - 101.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

The defensive ev's also allow me to NEVER get 2hko by any of m-diancie moves.

252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 152 HP / 142+ SpD Celebi: 144-171 (37.9 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

4 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 152 HP / 98 Def Celebi: 148-175 (39 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Mega Diancie Hidden Power Fire vs. 152 HP / 142+ SpD Celebi: 122-144 (32.1 - 37.9%) -- 93.2% chance to 3HKO

What do u guys think of this?

I think you should put defiant on Empoleon for Defoggers that will try to take away your Stealth Rocks. With the plus two boost, Empoleon can probably do a lot of damage to defoggers.

Grass Knot > Energy Ball on Latios. Look at some of the things Grass Knot is hitting harder than Energy Ball's 90 Base power:

Swampert (120 BP): Both moves OHKO...if anything, Energy Ball is the one that might miss the KO on bulkier Swampert EV spreads with at least 96 HP EVs.
Tyranitar (120 BP): 120 BP is obviously better than 90. It 2HKO's Scarftar every time...pretty nice, right?
Mamoswine (120 BP): Grass Knot always OHKO. Energy Ball and Draco Meteor either can't OHKO or need a high roll.
Mega Gyarados (120 BP): Grass Knot is stronger than Draco, unlike Energy Ball.
Mega Slowbro (100 BP): It matters a lot more when it's trying to Calm Mind on you.
Suicune (100 BP): See above.

And the things Grass Knot doesn't hit as hard:
Quagsire (80BP): Who cares, OHKO either way.
Starmie (80BP): Still pretty close. And Draco > Energy Ball the first time anyways, Draco has a better chance to OHKO than Energy Ball.
Regular Slowbro (80BP): Grass Knot is a little weaker but still close, and still a solid 2HKO, the same as Energy Ball.
Politoed (60 BP): If it's specially defensive, then Psyshock > Energy Ball. Only a loss if Politoed is PDef. Latios can take hits from Politoed though, so having to 3HKO with Grass Knot instead of 2HKO with Energy Ball is fine.
Azumarill (60 BP): Psyshock hits Assault Vest harder. You lose out vs other Azumarill though.
Rotom-W (20BP): Ok, Grass Knot is ass. But Draco Meteor > Energy Ball the first turn (that is, the only turn you'll probably get to hit Rotom-W before it Volt Switches out), and Latios can afford to let Rotom-W hit back once or twice if necessary.

But the important thing here is to look at how threatening the fatasses are. Mamoswine is a threat to your team. Tyranitar is a threat to Latios because of Pursuit trapping. Mega Slowbro, Suicune, and Mega Gyarados are important because they can set up if you don't kill them fast enough (and in MegaDos' case, KO Latios back).

The rest of them can't even hit Latios back hard, with the exception of Analytic Starmie (who is still KO'd by Draco Meteor after 1 Life Orb turn), and Banded/BD Azumarill (which you have other checks for). The only situation where I could see you wish you had Energy Ball is when you need to revenge kill a Belly Drum Azumarill that's between about 50-75% and you can't help out with Talonflame or Lopunny. And you can prevent that situation just by hitting Azumarill on its set-up turn.

Last edited:
Bashslash, I recommend this set for empoleon

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Defog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)