I could use some advice...

So, Eelektross is good now. This pleases me. I've had faith in Assaultross for a while, and now it has replaced Eebeltross as best tross. This is a trial team I've built around it, from back when I played Gen V RU, so hopefully this is any good. Any and all comments, tips, and so forth are of course greatly appreciated.

---

Silly Fatty Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpA
Nature: Quiet
Moveset:-
Volt Switch
Flamethrower
Giga Drain
Knock Off.

Assault Vest Eelektross appealed to me because... well, because it's best Eelektross, and Eelektross is probably my favourite Pokemon because of its happy little dance sprite. It's actually a very good AssVest user; it's 105/80/80 defences were good anyway, and with HP investment it can soak up damage and heal it off with Giga Drain if needs be. This aspect of the team is non-negotiable, I'm afraid, but I'm open to other sets and ideas.

---

Dumb Fuzzbutt Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 168 HP/252 SpA/88 Spe
Nature: Modest
Earth Power
Fire Blast
Ancient Power
Will-O-Wisp

A new introduction to my life and one that rapidly soared up my cutemon stakes, Mega Camerupt's bulky offensive nature fits in well with the rest of the team as it stands. The lack of recovery's kind of a problem, though, so it needs much more support than normal to get through the day. I put the EVs in Speed so that it outspeeds Slowking and Slowbro, but I've been wondering whether or not to ditch them and chuck in HP Grass or something instead.
The Will-O-Wisp's mostly there because of a lack of decent coverage and because I like burns, so any other options would be great, ta.

---

Hella Gay Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Substitute
Calm Mind
Giga Drain
Focus Blast

Definitely the single most fabulous member of my team, with the basic SubCM set to facilitate its role as a boosting sweeper. It works really well as a switch-in for Mega Camerupt, since it's actually pretty tanky. I'd personally take chewing my own arms off over running Focus Miss, but I don't have a lot of options, and besides, a +1 Giga Drain does a lot of damage to stuff.

---

Yet Another Fatty Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP/232 Def/24 Spe
Nature: Impish
Waterfall
Spikes
Pain Split
Thunder Wave

This is my harassment lead for when I think I know what else people are going to try and put down, and it's also good for soaking up Toxic Spikes. Qwilfish is a grumpy bitch and I love him. Look at his little grumpy face. So cute. Anyway, this is a trollfish par excellence, designed around blocking physical damage (I run Intimidate) and spreading misery wherever he goes. I picked TWave over Taunt because while this started out as a lead set, I tend to play him more midgame as an annoying wall, since with the EV spread I have he's hell on earth to shift without the proper coverage moves. I've considered swapping out Spikes for Taunt, but I like punishing switches with additional spikes. Also his shiny form looks like the world's worst novelty condom. So cute!

---

Slow As Balls Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP/252 Atk/16 SpD
Nature: Brave
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Gyro Ball
Sacred Sword

A physical boosting sweeper to go with my special boosting sweeper, Doublade's a pretty standard offensive set. Swords Dance for the switch, +2 Shadow Sneak does horrid things to a lot of stuff, Gyro Ball hurts because of how slow it is, and Sacred Sword is... well, it's just kinda there. Useful coverage though, especially against irritating Steel-types.

---

Grabby Haaaaaaaaands Ambipom @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Fake Out
Return
Low Kick
Knock Off

I've put my lead here last, because I am smart. Ambipom fulfils a kind of anti-lead role; STAB Technician Life Orb Fake Out does very good damage considering it's a 40BP move, and I run Knock Off to deal with stuff that blocks that. Other than that, Return has pretty excellent neutral coverage, and Low Kick deals with stuff like Rhyperior that I otherwise don't really have an answer to. I've also considered a slightly gimmicky ToxOrb Facade set, but you run into problems that way since you don't get reliable recovery and Toxic is Toxic. =[

---

So, like I said, any help greatly appreciated. =]

Last edited by a moderator:

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi there, unfortunately your descriptions for each Pokemon are not up to the standard as required by the RMT rules. You need to provide an in-depth description of each Pokemon to explain your choices and their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at other RMTs and the RMT archive to see the kind of detail and format we require before posting a thread here. PM me with updated descriptions once you review the rules and I'll reopen this thread.

Edit: Reopened

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)