I Don't Need a Gun to Kill You - An OU RMT

This team is based around the sweep of an underrated threat in Jynx, the pokemon who got an episode banned because she looked like a black stereotype the queen of NU, and an underrated threat in OU. It has been rather efficient, and done a very good job.

Jinx (Jynx) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 SAtk / 8 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lovely Kiss
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam

The star of the team. Thanks to Dry Skin, she can restore her HP rather quickly, and can create Substitutes without wearing herself out. With Lovely Kiss, she can put a slower pokemon to sleep for setting up, or a priority user/faster pokemon, especially ones that can survive an Ice Beam, so Jynx can kill them. Once she gets to +6, it is ready to freeze the foe to death with Ice Beam. It looks hard to use Jynx because she is so frail, but in reality, she is not. All you need to do is put something slower to sleep, get up a Sub, use three turns to boost up, put the opponent to sleep again if it wakes up, and sweep. It is that simple, yet that effective. She just murders the opponent so easily in COLD BLOOD.

Froggy (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Perish Song
- Toxic
- Protect

Watch out for giant cats. They hate the rain. Anyways, Drizzle support from Politoed is obviously needed to activate Jynx's Dry Skin ability for the extra recovery. Since I find offensive variants of Politoed to die rather quickly, I prefer defensive variants, which can at least take some hits. Scald is the STAB that can burn and cripple threats like Scizor and Terrakion, who would otherwise a huge problem. Perish Song is a phazing move that is especially needed for Cloyster, a big threat to my team. Toxic hits Jellicent and Vaporeon, who would expect to switch into Scald for free. Protect works well with Burns or Poison, and can waste a Perish Song turn. It has done a great job spreading status here and there, phazing out threats with Perish Song, Overall, Politoed is a great defensive pokemon that works great for my team.

Is Patrick doing what I think he is doing?

Patrick (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Starmie is a Rapid Spinner that works great with my team, spinning away those Rocks so Jynx does not have to worry about them. It also hits extremely hard, and can handle threats like Keldeo and Gengar for the team. Hydro Pump hits absurdly hard with STAB and rain boost; for some reason, Thunder cannot even 2HKO Jellicent (what the hell....), but it still has really good coverage with Hydro Pump. Rapid Spin is to umm... clear those hazards, duh. Ice Beam finishes off the coverage to hit every relevant threat in OU for neutral coverage. Starmie does great in supporting the team.

Zeus (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

ThundyT is the most expendable pokemon on my team, I do not really care about this spot too much. I just need a wallbreaker to lure in threats like Ferrothorn and KO them, and something that can switch into Electric attacks, courtesy of immunity. Obviously, you can see what I did here, using Volt Switch for momentum and Thunder for STAB, and HP Ice and Focus Blast for coverage. I really do not use it too much, and I would like a viable replacement for a wallbreaker that is immune to Electric attacks. Anybody?

Cave Beast (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Sleep Talk

Terrakion is my physical attacker and revenge killer (unfortunately, it cannot outspeed a +2 Cloyster:(). Thanks to two great dual STABs, as well as good attack, it can take out those threats that dare to beat its teammates and kill them. Stone Edge and Close Combat have great coverage together, and with STABs, hit absurdly hard. X-Scissor is there for pokemon like Celebi and Slowbro, who could try to wall Terrakion. Sleep Talk allows Terrakion to switch into a Spore or Sleep Powder for the team, which is important, considering how annoying sleep can be. It can also pick any move, even with Sleep Talk, which is a risk/reward situation. Terrakion is a crucial part of my team, filling three different roles at once, and does a very good job at it. Chansey a problem? Break it down. Breloom trying to Spore something? Switch in Terrakion. Salamence or Gyarados trying to Moxie sweep? Bring in Terrakion. It is irreplacable.

Wish it Away (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 20 Spd / 252 HP / 236 SDef
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Wish

I need Stealth Rock and something to slow down threats like Latios so Jynx is harder to revenge kill. Jirachi fills the role of paralysis and Rock layer, being able to also switch into special attackers and cripple them. Its Wish is also really cool, revitalizing the rest of my team. Body Slam + Iron Head can flinch the opponent down to nothing, which is awesome. This Jirachi set is very straightforward because of how useful it is. Great resistances, special bulk, movepool, ability, etc. Do I really need to explain more?

BIGGEST THREAT:

Cloyster is the biggest threat to my team, especially if it carries a Focus Sash. After a Shell Smash, it can outspeed the entirety of my team, and kill them all in one shot, except Politoed and Jirachi, who can only do so much against it before dying. Its Rock Blast just murders Jynx, and it can destroy Starmie. Its Hydro Pump is boosted in rain, which can allow it to hit Jirachi harder. It does not even help that it beats Terrakion in speed by 5 points, and it has massive base 180 defense. This thing can just wreck sh1t on my team.

Importable
Jinx (Jynx) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam

Froggy (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Perish Song
- Toxic
- Protect

Patrick (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Zeus (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Cave Beast (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Sleep Talk

Wish it Away (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SDef / 20 Spd
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Wish

Last edited:
I will try Analytic Life Orb, but I lose a lot of team support, because then, nothing can switch into a Will-O-Wisp for me, which is a pain in the neck, though Heatran should be decimated under rain to begin with, so eh.

Also, the only common Jirachi set that outruns Jynx is Choice Scarf, so I can just put it to sleep and boost up, and Heatran hates rain to begin with.

Also, I prefer not to run both an attack and special attack on Jirachi, as I have to drop a stat I really do not want to drop, even if a Careful Thunder OHKOs Cloyster.

Terrakion isn't a great sleep absorber as breloom can KO with any of its STABs, but risks sometime pay off I guess.
You really thought I was going to keep Terrakion in on Breloom? I just switch into the Spore and switch into something else, most likely Starmie or Jirachi.

To be honest, if I run Sassy or Quiet, I lose the speed tier Jirachi is supposed to hit that allows it to outrun Adamant Breloom

this team gets swept by venusaur SO easily.. definitely need a heatran in there somewhere, because nothing switches in on venu at all.. kinda funny making an OU team and not having a sun check..

also, this team is raped by other rain teams as well. you have no water resist besides flimsy politoed and even flimsier starmie. all in all, not a good team at all, jynx is incredibly hard to use effectively, overall a 1/10. keldeo trolls this team with any move that isn't HP Ice. scizor sets up on anything, and sweeps. opposing terrakions dominate. literally you are weak to 95% of the threats in OU

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
You do know that you only have to run special attack if you do as Kingler suggests and use HP Ground and Thunder. Thunder still has a 30% paralysis iirc..

this team gets swept by venusaur SO easily.. definitely need a heatran in there somewhere, because nothing switches in on venu at all.. kinda funny making an OU team and not having a sun check..

also, this team is raped by other rain teams as well. you have no water resist besides flimsy politoed and even flimsier starmie. all in all, not a good team at all, jynx is incredibly hard to use effectively, overall a 1/10. keldeo trolls this team with any move that isn't HP Ice. scizor sets up on anything, and sweeps. opposing terrakions dominate. literally you are weak to 95% of the threats in OU
So what do you recommend? What should I replace (and do not say Jynx or Politoed)? I am not here to hear people rant about how my team sucks - explain to me what you think what would strengthen the team while still retaining the idea of Jynx. If I want to hear about how my team sucks, I will just slap Charizard, Eelektross, Dusclops, Torterra, Blastoise, and Braviary all onto one team.

Are you sure Scarf Terrakion is outspeed by x2 Cloyster? Unless Cloyster uses Ice Shard, you should be able to outspeed, cuz on my team, my ScarfMence still outspeeds it! Also, a well balanced Sun Team with Venasaur will ruin your team! Losing weather war will be a problem for you! Keep the rain going at all times!

Are you sure Scarf Terrakion is outspeed by x2 Cloyster? Unless Cloyster uses Ice Shard, you should be able to outspeed, cuz on my team, my ScarfMence still outspeeds it! Also, a well balanced Sun Team with Venasaur will ruin your team! Losing weather war will be a problem for you! Keep the rain going at all times!
While the Smogon B/W speed tiers show Cloyster as having a +2 speed of 500, that's with only 208 Speed EVs invested. If Cloyster is running 252+ for speed (which quite a few do, nowadays), then it hits a speed of 524, which is, as Alfalfa said, 5 higher than his scarf Terrakion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)