I guess we’re ranking every bug

What’s the best fully evolved bug type (you get 6 choices)

• Butterfree

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Beedrill

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Paras

• Venomoth

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Pinsir

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Ledian

• Ariados

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Forretress

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Scizor

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • Shuckle

• Heracross

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Beautifly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dustox

• Masquerain

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Ninjask

• Shedinja

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Volbeat

• Illumise

• Armaldo

• Kricketune

• Wormadam (I’m already worried about size so all 3 go here)

• Mothim

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Vespequen

• Yanmega

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Leavanny

• Scolipede

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Crustle

• Escavelier

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Galvantula

• Durant

• Volcarona

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Genesect (idk if it should count but here it is)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Vivillion

• Vikavolt

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Ribombee

• Araquanid

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Golisopod

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Buzzwole

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Pheromosa

• Orbeetle

• Centiskorch

• Frosmoth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1615974026224.png

Wonder Guard and 1 HP is such a stupid gimmick and I love it.

1615974047741.png

Anomalocaris is a great inspiration. We really need more arthropod fossil mons.

1615974075293.png

In addition to looking cool, this holds a special place in my heart for being the mon I first really looked into secondary effects and discovered how good U-turn is (thanks to Tinted Lens)

1615974106233.png

Considering how much I like hazards, there had to be a Webs setter on this list somewhere. Joltik is too cute for Unnerve, and Chargestone Cave is best Cave.

1615974139333.png
1615974153307.png

Couldn't decide which UB-02 I preferred. Buzzwole has general silliness, while Pheromosa has a more interesting inspiration (if you subscribe to the idea that it's partially based on a copepod) and the absolutely hilarious distinction of being the most likely to KO with rapid spin. Certainly a more interesting pair of punch-focused and kick-focused fighting types than hitmonchan and hitmonlee.

Honourable mentions:
1615975362098.png
1615975324997.png
1615975507087.png
1615975342402.png
1615975348446.png
1615975411959.png
1615975441734.png
1615975473257.png
1615975481380.png
1615975590140.png

Attachments

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i thought this was going to be real-life bugs so i'm going to do that instead

s: butterflies, dragonflies, ladybugs
a: spiders ("bug" isnt restricted to insect, ha), pond skaters, moths
b: bees (ha), crickets, beetles, millipedes, centipedes
c: ants, silverfish
d: flies
e: mosquitoes, termites, fleas
f: wasps, hornets

You could also limit yourself to the ~80 000 memebers of Order Hemiptera or the ~40 000 of suborder Heteroptera, which are sometimes called "true bugs" It's still not a good rate, but it's significantly better.

It now occurred to me that it could be technically correct to say that the only bug pokemon are from gen 3 (cicadas are in Hemiptera, water striders are in Heteroptera, nothing else with a pokemon based on it is)

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
it hurts to see pinsir be this underrated, it was one of the only two cool bugs in gen 1 alongside scyther, venomoth wasnt cool until gen 5. i always liked it more than the other cool bugs too, namely scyther, scizor, and heracross, even tho it didnt have a secondary type to distinguish itself from them. its mega is also badass too, and spamming aerilate return and quick attack is so fun.

Scizor & Heracross are classic bugs that I've loved since I first started playing mons. They both look pretty cool and have been useful in many battles over the generations.

Durant is one of those bugs that I've always had a soft spot for. Despite being one of the smallest mons around its a speedster that packs incredibly power, making it really satisfying to use. First Impression was a really nice addition to its kit that was really fun to use back in early Sw/Sh to OHKO frail offensive mons like Darmanitan.

Volcarona is a great Pokemon. Like Arcanine, it intrigued me for being one of those Pokemon that was "borderline legendary" since its BST was pretty close to a few legendaries. Despite having less BST than Arcanine though, it ends up being way better imo thanks to its better allocated stats 135 SpA attack and 100 Spe puts it in a league of its own compared to other Fire-Types, and unlike them, Volcarona has decent bulk, Quiver Dance, and reliable recovery.

Vikavolt has a cool design, good movepool, and decent stat allocation. Not relying on Hidden Power as its main coverage is its huge selling point over other electric-types imo, making it more convenient for in-game runs. Roost is a nice bonus.

Centiskorch is one of the cooler bugs out there. Really like how unique its movepool is, since it gets some really cool moves like Coil, Fire Lash, and Scald.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1616048441968.png

upon clicking this thread i was somewhat disappointed. heres my personal bugs tier list.

BUG TIER LIST:

S TIER:

1616048853921.png

- moth.these young men and women of the moth family are one of the few classifications of bugs that are not disgusting to look at. moths are also generally great to have around, and have a good taste in music and tapestry.

1616049620469.png

- caterpillars and, by extension, butterflies. same reasons as moth. see above.

A TIER:
1616048561941.png

- ladybug. when it comes to arthropods, you cant go wrong with ladybugs. they are universally accepted as a good and cool fun bug to have on your winshield or whatever. they are look pretty cool and they can fly around. whats not to like.

B TIER:
1616048737723.png

- spiders. this umbrella rank includes most forms of arachnid. personally im a pretty big fan of spiders even though many are not such avid enthusiasts. spiders are generally cool and fun, and they eat mosquitos, or so im told. if we were being more liberal with our definition of "bug" i would also include- actually hold on

1616049287896.png

- lobsters. you are already rolling your eyes but bear with me. lobsters are arthropods and as far as im concerned that means they are large bugs. this is why i cant bring myself to eat them. that being said lobsters are interesting for more than a few reasons. for one, the quality of lobster is inversely related with its price, meaning that a lower quality lobster costs more. im not going to get into the specifics here on my bugs tier list but the wikipedia page on, you guessed it, lobsters, has a detailed explanation.

C TIER:
1616049757856.png

centipedes. or millipedes. chilopoda or diplopoda or whatever i really dont give a fuckapoda. one is a detritivore. who gives a shit? this tier also includes all manor of worm, which im not going to list past this brisk paragraph, because they are all the same thing. if you know me, you know my stance on worms.

D TIER:
1616050014830.png

mantis. a perfectly good animal is ruined by the only thing anyone knows about this thing is that oh wow the female EATS the males HEAD after it FUCKS? OH wow thats nutty O_o

F TIER:
1616050154353.png

mosquito. i live in florida.

thanks for coming to my bugs tier list. leave your thoughts below.

Navzyx-kun

Banned deucer.
I believe in Volcarona
View attachment 323949
upon clicking this thread i was somewhat disappointed. heres my personal bugs tier list.

BUG TIER LIST:

S TIER:

View attachment 323954
- moth.these young men and women of the moth family are one of the few classifications of bugs that are not disgusting to look at. moths are also generally great to have around, and have a good taste in music and tapestry.

View attachment 323957

A TIER:
View attachment 323950
- ladybug. when it comes to arthropods, you cant go wrong with ladybugs. they are universally accepted as a good and cool fun bug to have on your winshield or whatever. they are look pretty cool and they can fly around. whats not to like.

B TIER:
View attachment 323952
- spiders. this umbrella rank includes most forms of arachnid. personally im a pretty big fan of spiders even though many are not such avid enthusiasts. spiders are generally cool and fun, and they eat mosquitos, or so im told. if we were being more liberal with our definition of "bug" i would also include- actually hold on

View attachment 323956
- lobsters. you are already rolling your eyes but bear with me. lobsters are arthropods and as far as im concerned that means they are large bugs. this is why i cant bring myself to eat them. that being said lobsters are interesting for more than a few reasons. for one, the quality of lobster is inversely related with its price, meaning that a lower quality lobster costs more. im not going to get into the specifics here on my bugs tier list but the wikipedia page on, you guessed it, lobsters, has a detailed explanation.

C TIER:
View attachment 323958
centipedes. or millipedes. chilopoda or diplopoda or whatever i really dont give a fuckapoda. one is a detritivore. who gives a shit? this tier also includes all manor of worm, which im not going to list past this brisk paragraph, because they are all the same thing. if you know me, you know my stance on worms.

D TIER:
View attachment 323960
mantis. a perfectly good animal is ruined by the only thing anyone knows about this thing is that oh wow the female EATS the males HEAD after it FUCKS? OH wow thats nutty O_o

F TIER:
View attachment 323961

spiders is Z tier, i have arachnnophobia

View attachment 323949

BUG TIER LIST:

S TIER:

View attachment 323954

View attachment 323957

A TIER:
View attachment 323950

B TIER:
View attachment 323952

View attachment 323956

C TIER:
View attachment 323958

D TIER:
View attachment 323960

F TIER:
View attachment 323961

nice
Mosquitoes are much more worse here where we live...

Last edited:
View attachment 323949

BUG TIER LIST:

S TIER:

View attachment 323954

View attachment 323957

A TIER:
View attachment 323950

B TIER:
View attachment 323952

View attachment 323956

C TIER:
View attachment 323958

D TIER:
View attachment 323960

F TIER:
View attachment 323961

You have earned the coveted “laughing loudly at 4 AM” award

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)