SS OU I Just started playing competitively can i have some advice?

I just started playing competitive Pokémon, I was never good at strategizing, but here is what I've come up with

:ss/Bisharp: :Bisharp:

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

:ss/Shuckle: :shuckle:

Shuckle @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Encore

:ss/conkeldurr: :conkeldurr:

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Facade

:ss/Rotom-Wash: :Rotom-Wash:

Rotom-Wash @ Magnet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 108 HP / 184 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Pain Split

:ss/nMimikyu: :Mimikyu:

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

:ss/snorlax: :Snorlax:
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 128 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Last edited:
A number people come in here not looking at the rules for RMT's, especially recently. I'd figure you would start looking at the posts around and viewing what other people have before mindlessly posting here, but oh well...

:facepalm:

To post you need to meet the given requirements:

1. Full team (at least you got that one)

2. Three sentence minimum for each member of the team and brief description of the team (it's not even there, dude)

3. proper formatting (look you got another one)

Also a general thought for any forum posted in, try adding images or sprites.

:ss/namehere: :namehere:

:ss/Clefable: :Clefable:

Post again- or just edit your post- once you have full descriptions of the roles of your mons in the team, and the description. Otherwise, you should be deleting this post. If you won't, a mod most likely will.

I just started playing competitive Pokémon, I was never good at strategizing, but here is what I've come up with

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Shuckle @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Encore

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Facade

Rotom-Wash @ Magnet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 108 HP / 184 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Pain Split

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 128 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Your team seems to be based on a Hyper-Offense core, with Shuckle suicide lead + Bisharp SD Defiant to prevent hazard's removal.

That being said, Snorlax doesn't fit this archetype : it is really slow and doesn't help pressuring properly other gen 8 OU teams.

-> You should play Tapu Koko instead, as it has a good speed tier contrary to snorlax, great offensive presence as well as the ability to be both played Screen setters and Offensive pivot with U turn and T Bolt / D gleam.

Regarding Mimikyu, this Pokemon can seem good at first glance with Swords Dance, amazing ability, correct speed tier and unique typing, but the cruel truth is it'll always lack of burstpower to overwhelm classic defensive Pokemons such as Corviknight, Landorus, Zapdos and so one (not to mention all three get a free U-Turn / volt switch on it to bring something faster that can prevent it from doing something).

-> You should play Hawlucha with the electric seed item + unburden in pair with Tapu Koko's electric terrain I adviced you right before.
It will be better as a sweeper than mimikyu, and will be able with Taunt + Swords Dance to beat haze users such as Toxapex 70% of the time as it could burn you, but still remain a 70% to win the game anyway.

Concerning Conkeldurr and Rotom W, both aren't even OU, plus doesn't fit in the team.

-> I'd rather play Dragapult Weakness Policy + Dragon Dance as a set up sweeper, adding even more speedcreep and another way to auto-win the game, but the most important part in it is its ghost typing preventing excadrill's rapid spin which otherwise could cancel any progress you tried to make with your Shuckle.
The most conveniant set would be dragon darts, flamethrower and phantom force with the set up move, adamant nature.

-> Lastly I'd use a Kartana, could be Scarfed but as we play a sticky web team, I'd just play it Swords Dance LO + 3 attacks.

I'll make some changes to your shuckle too.

Here is your new importable team : Untitled PokePaste

Last edited:
Your team seems to be based on a Hyper-Offense core, with Shuckle suicide lead + Bisharp SD Defiant to prevent hazard's removal.

That being said, Snorlax doesn't fit this archetype : it is really slow and doesn't help pressuring properly other gen 8 OU teams.

-> You should play Tapu Koko instead, as it has a good speed tier contrary to snorlax, great offensive presence as well as the ability to be both played Screen setters and Offensive pivot with U turn and T Bolt / D gleam.

Regarding Mimikyu, this Pokemon can seem good at first glance with Swords Dance, amazing ability, correct speed tier and unique typing, but the cruel truth is it'll always lack of burstpower to overwhelm classic defensive Pokemons such as Corviknight, Landorus, Zapdos and so one (not to mention all three get a free U-Turn / volt switch on it to bring something faster that can prevent it from doing something).

-> You should play Hawlucha with the electric seed item + unburden in pair with Tapu Koko's electric terrain I adviced you right before.
It will be better as a sweeper than mimikyu, and will be able with Taunt + Swords Dance to beat haze users such as Toxapex 70% of the time as it could burn you, but still remain a 70% to win the game anyway.

Concerning Conkeldurr and Rotom W, both aren't even OU, plus doesn't fit in the team.

-> I'd rather play Dragapult Weakness Policy + Dragon Dance as a set up sweeper, adding even more speedcreep and another way to auto-win the game, but the most important part in it is its ghost typing preventing excadrill's rapid spin which otherwise could cancel any progress you tried to make with your Shuckle.
The most conveniant set would be dragon darts, flamethrower and phantom force with the set up move, adamant nature.

-> Lastly I'd use a Kartana, could be Scarfed but as we play a sticky web team, I'd just play it Swords Dance LO + 3 attacks.

I'll make some changes to your shuckle too.

Here is your new importable team : Untitled PokePaste
thank you, i will learn from this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)