I made music, officially, finally

I'd pay for it if I could. Every track is wonderful. Great guitar-playing and harmonies on track 2; I also have an appreciation for tenors. Out of curiosity, are there plans at all to distribute this in a physical format, i.e., as a CD, or just digital? I prefer collecting physical music, not that I'd likely be able to buy it like that anyway hah.

I request that you post lyrics on your song pages since I'm terrible at picking those out manually.

last question: what is the brand/model of the guitar you recorded with?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also not sure if you're on what, DM, or if you plan to upload it yourself there but you should post it in the vanity house section if you're just trying to get out there!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Let it be known officially: when I win my first Grammy, Matthew is getting the first shout-out.

Can't listen to it now, will later, but that is a badass artist name/album title combo.
Thanks man! I'm paying huge homage to Jets to Brazil, and the album name just seemed so appropriate for my old, more raw songs.

I'd pay for it if I could. Every track is wonderful. Great guitar-playing and harmonies on track 2; I also have an appreciation for tenors. Out of curiosity, are there plans at all to distribute this in a physical format, i.e., as a CD, or just digital? I prefer collecting physical music, not that I'd likely be able to buy it like that anyway hah.
The guy who recorded all these has the means to print CD booklets/cover art, but we never discussed it. I don't really expect this to take off, so I guess I never considered this option. Maybe I should.

I request that you post lyrics on your song pages since I'm terrible at picking those out manually.
Sure! I didn't post them before because I didn't feel like spending the time, but if they'd make a difference, I'll put them up tomorrow.

last question: what is the brand/model of the guitar you recorded with?
My Sofia is an Alvarez RD8C. My parents got her for me as a college graduation present back in 2005, and we've been bonding ever since.

Also not sure if you're on what, DM, or if you plan to upload it yourself there but you should post it in the vanity house section if you're just trying to get out there!
Yes, I am on what, but it's been so on and off lately that I've quite forgotten about it. This is also a great idea, and one that is also happening tomorrow!

Just got done listening and honestly might re-listen before calling it a night. You have a lot of talent, man. Not just in your voice or your play (both of which are very good) but in your music's way of filling the song with sound but making it very intimate and quiet in its loudness, so to speak (idk if that makes any sense but I'm not sure how to describe what I mean.). All in all I really enjoyed the songs and can't wait to hear more. I'll definitely be downloading and when I get money together, I'll for sure look into buying a hard copy :)

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Awesome work man.

I still have plans for All the Loose Ends.. I might play around with that a bit tonight.

It's only a year late.

Reactions: DM
Alright I finally got to sit down and listen to this, and it's really good. I'm not a huge acoustic fan but your guitar is on point, like dude above me said it's very intimate but spacious as well, like I get to hear every note without them being thrown in my face and they all blend together seamlessly. Great vocals too, A Good VD Gift and The Escape are my favorite and listening to them back to back really demonstrates your range as a singer. I don't know if you're familiar with School Night but after seeing the past five showings in LA I can say you'd be a perfect fit. So yeah, great stuff

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
This is awesome DM.

I'm gonna pick this up / give it a proper listen tomorrow. $10 enough? I don't know what one should pay for genius!

Reactions: DM

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I am eternally grateful for such generosity! I love that out of my 3 album sales, 2 were Smogonites... and the third was my mom. :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)