SV OU I made this team on Pokémon showdown and I wanted to try and see if I could get any professionals opinion on what I could do to fix it?

:iron valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Shadow Sneak
- Spirit Break

Iron valiant as my CenterPoint I chose that as my center point because of how much I love it. holding booster energy to pair with quark Drive for the ability. moves are drain punch for sustain, Spirit break for a powerful physical fairy move that’s 100% accurate, psycho cut for just coverage and shadow sneak for revenge killing and priority. Tera type fairy. Max attack and max speed with the rest in special defense.

:kingambit:
Kingambit @ Chople Berry
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

To help iron valiant against fairy types, poison types and psychic types I added kingambit because of it’s dark and steel typing it’s a perfect switch for psychic types and poison types. holding a chople Berry. supreme overlord as the ability. And moves being brick break for coverage, iron head as stab, sucker punch stab and priority, swords dance for potentially sweeping. Max HP and Max attack rest in special defense

:dragapult:
Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 6 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Breath
- Hex

I Wanted to add a ghost type, for the fighting immunity, potentially scaring off psychic types and fill the support Pokemon role. In the end I went with Dragapult, because in the past I’ve seen it with viable support set. Holding leftovers for sustain, infiltrator as the ability to get around substitute, moves Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers, paired with hex, protect for that leftover sustain and dragon breath for fun. Max HP max speed rest special attack.

:volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain

From what little competitive knowledge I have I remember hearing that teams need a grass fire water core. As my fire type I picked Volcarona because I just felt like it was a fire type that fit on my team. Holding heavy duty boots because the only benefit of losing health of your max HP is if you’re using belly drum. flame body ability because of the burn, Tera grass for the surprise factor. Bug buzz and fiery dance stab quiver dance boost Giga drain tera. Max spe atc speed rest defense.

:toxapex:
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
Bold Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Chilling Water
- Recover
- Infestation

Toxapex as my water type and a wall. Holding black sludge for sustain, obviously regenerator because what other ability what you run on it. Knowing it’s signature move Baneful Bunker to help with black sludge sustain and stalling, chilling water paired with infestation for even more stalling, recover for guess what stalling. Max HP max special defence rest defence.

:clodsire:
Clodsire @ Ability Shield
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Yawn

I chose Toadscruel as my grass type. while not OU I thought it would fit best on my team especially since I kinda felt like I need a ground type. Holding rocky helmet to annoy users of ice punch and other super affective contact moves, only possible ability because I didn’t have much options. Tera steel to pair with flash Cannon and to use against ice types, Earth power and Giga Drain for stab and Spore to annoy my opponents. Max HP max special attack rest defence.

Last edited by a moderator:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Hi Mich28 , welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Unlocked and updated with descriptions that were sent via PM and added associated sprites. Thank you for your patience!

Just a few things I want to say, you've put 252, 252, and 6Evs? As far as I'm concerned the max is 252 252 and 4. Also, on :volcarona: I'd change out bug buzz for morning sun for longevity while you set up.

If you have gambit to cover valiant offensively,then specs might be something to consider. Specs hits harder and has a wider movepull. It also hits dozo hard and shadow sneak won't be revenge KOing much other than no bulk invested volc deep in the red. Here's the set

Iron Valiant @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Aura Sphere
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball / Trick

For the drag set, I recommend changing dragon breath for dragon darts for much more damage.

I'm a little confused with clod. Your showing the clod set and saying that your using toedscruel? Change it to one or the other, but if your using toedscruel, you might want to consider this set.

Toedscruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Mycelium Might
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Rapid Spin
- Spore
- Spikes

That's all for now and I hope this helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)