I need ideas for subtle changes that would greatly boost the effectiveness of various pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the context of OU, what subtle changes could see lower tier mons jump up the rankings, or see OU mons become a bit unfair?

Examples:
If Mega-Aggron learned recover, it would be the best physical wall in the game.

If Kyurem-B learned icicle crash, it would almost certainly be uber based on 170 atk stat physical coverage.

If Porygon-Z was ghost type, it would most likely be one of the best specs users of OU, outdamaging volcanion's steam eruption with adaptability shadow ball.

If Slowbro WASN'T psychic, it would wall both weavill and bisharp, even with bands.

I'm less interested in adding Adaptability or Pure Power, because that works with basically everything.

If Jolteon (or Mega Sceptile but it wouldn't make sense) could learn Electrify, it would more or less be immune to everything. Electrify+Lightning Rod is gimmicky at best in Doubles but in singles it would mean Jolteon would wall anything under base 130 speed.

99% of time it probably will be PP stalled or set up on but still beats choice band/specs Pokemon I guess. Just for the sake of it if Mega Sceptile got it would definitely be a terrific set up sweeper. Also Fur Coat Mega Audino is aesthetically appropriate and is a Chansey-esque physical wall:
252+ Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Mega Audino: 99-117 (28.4 - 33.6%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO

Hm... Y'know, imagine if Delcatty had passable stats - not great, but decent to good. Better than what it's unfortunately stuck with, I mean. Emphasis probably on speed so it can deal damage before it's hurt.

Next, let's reimagine Normalize: right now it turns all moves into the Normal-type. Cool for nailing Ground-types with Thunder Wave, but you get walled by Rock, Steel, and Ghost types, limiting utility. So what if the ability was slightly different? Instead of turning all moves into the normal type... it makes all moves typeless. Now there's no such thing as a super-effective hit, but absolutely nothing is immune or resisted. You can Thunder Wave or Sing or otherwise attack any Mon in the game. Now Delcatty just needs Rapid Spin, and you've got a unique utility Mon that can Paralyze against Ground and Motor Drive and Sing or Spin against a Ghost. Still not great, maybe not good, but halfway decent at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)