IceBerg, In 3D Now! (Peaked 1366 PTS)

IceBerg, In 3D Now!

First of all I want to thank Delko for playing such a major part in helping building this team and suggesting changes making it what it is right now so thank you, this has got to be the most fun team I have used in 5th gen and another thanks to Taylor for giving this RMT a name because I was too lazy to think of one .Looking at the current Metagame dominated by weather you see Sun, Sand and Rain.People forget about another type of weather that can be used and that's hail, having overlooked hail myself countless times it took quite a few battles for me to realise that whenever I come up against a Hail team I'm not really prepared due to the lack of uage of the weather and how effective the teams can be as most people are unprepared for them and even if they are Hail is still a very powerful force to be reckon with.As far as the team building process goes we started off with the combination of Abomasnow and Sub+ 3 Attacks Kyurem, wanting to give Kyurem an offensive partner and complete the double dragon synergy of this team we opted for Dragonite who could use Multiscale in the Hail thanks to leftovers.Wanting something to stop Steel types that annoy Kyurem and Dragonite alot Magnezone was added to the mix running a choice scarf.Metagross was added as a Terrakion counter who is a major threat to the team and also a great Stealth Rock user aswell as supporting the team offensivley and finally due to the Stealth Rock weaknesses the team has Tentacruel was the final member added for it's Rapid spin and Toxic Spikes support along with useful resistances which support this team alot.It's been very successfull so far peaking 1366 and due to some mistakes/hax the rating has fallen but I plan to continue laddering with this team in an aim to reach the top 10 off the ladder.

At A Glance

In-Detail

Abomasnow (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 SAtk / 152 Spd

Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Wood Hammer

- Ice Shard

- Earthquake

I'm a big fan of Abomasnow, despite having 7 weaknesses to common types it's such a powerhouse that some people have no answer to.It's great against a bunch of pokemon such as Politoed, Tyranitar and Ninetales being able to OHKO all of them with stealth rock support.Ice Shard is priority and STAB which helps me take on Dragon's, Ground and Flying types with ease if Hazards are up and hail support, it also helps finish foes off.Wood Hammer is such a great move, the recoil can be painful but it OHKOs so many threats like Rotom-w and Politoed for example running any EV sets, don't suggest Giga Drain because I need the raw power of Wood Hammer.Hidden Power lets me OHKO Scizor on the switch and 2HKO bunch of mons like Ferrothorn.Finally Earthquake was added over what used to be protect simply for coverage and hitting Ninetales for Super Effective damage.Expert Belt helps me bluff a choice item and get surprise KOs.

Metagross @ Air Balloon
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Stealth Rock

- Bullet Punch

- Meteor Mash

- Earthquake

This guy is a freaking monster, the amount of hits it can take with max HP and the sheer power it adds to my team making it such a valuable Pokemon for my team.Stealth Rock was the main reason we used Metagross because it's such a reliable Pokemon to set up Stealth Rock thanks to it's bulk.Air Balloon lets it take on a bunch of Pokemon like Landorus and set up SR More easily for me.Meteor Mash is powerful STAB which wrecks **** up if it does not resist it and Bullet Punch is priority to finish things off, Earthquake is used for coverage for things my Steel STAB does not hit such as Lucario and other Steel Types.Overall thanks to his Raw power and great bulk he is key member to this team.

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Scald

- Giga Drain

- Toxic Spikes

- Rapid Spin

Due to having a glaring weakness to Entry Hazards Tentacruel was added mainly as a spinnner but it's such a great Pokemon and it supports the team well by spreading status problems to the oppositions pokemon such as Bad Poison via 2 layers of Toxic Spikes and the burn chance of Tentacruel's Scald, Giga Drain is used for Bulky Watters and also Jellicent who tries to block my Rapid Spin along with the status it keeps my field clear of annoying hazards that my team hates.Combined with some great resistances such as water and fighting Tenacruel is very good supporter to the rest of my team.Black Sludge is used over Leftovers simply incase of Trick which can help cripple the opponents team even more with Hail and Toxic Spikes support.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Thunderbolt

- Volt Switch

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Flash Cannon

Scarf Magnezone is the nightmare for Pokemon such as Scizor that can cause this team so much trouble, it's ability lets it trap Steel types and proceed to KO them with Electric and Fire Attacks, Jirachi, Scizor, Ferrothorn are pretty annoying pokemon for a Hail team to face so this is a great Pokemon to have on my team.Volt Switch is to scout the team early game, Thundebolt is STAB against Bulky water types, Flash cannon is secondary stab and hits Terrakion for super effective damageand finally HP Fire the crux of the set allowing me trap to ONKO/2HKO most steel types.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Dragon Claw

- ExtremeSpeed

- Earthquake

- Dragon Dance

Here comes the first of my dual dragon core this team was build around and we start off with arguably the best Pokemon in the entire Metagame (Not counting ubers) Dragonite, thanks to Rapid Spin support through Tentacruel it can almost always get it's godly Multiscale ability to set up 1 or 2 dragon dances thanks to leftovers it can nullify the Hail's damage.I run a slightly different move set with Earthquake over Fire Punch to catch Pokemon such as Heatran off guard and also because of Magnezone already dealing with most steel types I face.Dragon Claw is STAB and can rip teams apart late game after a dragon dance, Extreme Speed is priority and is for finishing off weakened threats and for Pokemon that carry Priority moves also. I have been debating about running a slight more bulky set so let me know what you think about that.

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 236 SAtk / 216 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Substitute

- Blizzard

- Dragon Pulse

- Focus Blast

The MVP, the Star Of the Show, the god.I don't know what to call Kyurem is just such an Anti Metagame Pokemon that almost no teams can take on once everything is set up.It can set up Substitite on a huge chunk of the metagame and not many Pokemon like take STAB Blizzards in teh hail and STAB Dragon Pulses too, and if they can handle them I'm sure they don't like Focus blast tearing them apart.The EVS are simple, Max Speed, enough HP to get 101 Subs and switch into Stealth Rock 5 times, the rest is dumped into Special Attack to let him wreck teams apart.Leftover help Kyurem with it's only form of recovery and thanks to it's typing the Leftovers actually work in Hail. With decent bulk and very scary offensive stats it's the perfect late game sweeper to use in a Hail team.

Closing Words

Thanks for giving this team a read, it's been great for me but does have his flaws such as Sun teams so hopefully you can help me out to make this team even better.I want to thank Delko again for all the help he gave me in making this team.I leaving with a final look at my Pokemon and an Importable version of the team below.

Importable

PHP:
Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge Trait: Clear Body
 EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
 Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
 - Scald
 - Giga Drain
 - Toxic Spikes
 - Rapid Spin

Abomasnow (M) @ Expert Belt
 Trait: Snow Warning
 EVs: 252 Atk / 104 SAtk / 152 Spd
 Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
 - Hidden Power [Fire]
 - Wood Hammer
 - Ice Shard
 - Earthquake

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
 Trait: Multiscale
 EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
 - Dragon Claw
 - ExtremeSpeed
 - Earthquake
 - Dragon Dance

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
 Trait: Magnet Pull
 Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
 - Thunderbolt
 - Volt Switch
 - Hidden Power [Fire]
 - Flash Cannon

Metagross @ Air Balloon
 EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
 - Stealth Rock
 - Bullet Punch
 - Meteor Mash
 - Earthquake

Kyurem @ Leftovers
 Trait: Pressure
 EVs: 56 HP / 236 SAtk / 216 Spd
 - Substitute
 - Blizzard
 - Dragon Pulse
 - Focus Blast

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Your team is very weak to fighting types(especially Terakion) so i'd like to suggest Jellicent over Magnezone.Dragonite can hit most Steel types with Earthquake and almost every Skarmory today runs Shed shell so Magnezone can't help it.Other steels like Bronzong,Forretress and Ferrothorn can be burn stalled.It also helps you against stall(Your team does seem a little stall weak despite the Toxic spikes,most stall teams either have a spinner or a Tentacruel and you don't have a Spinblocker).Here's the set:

Jellicent(F)@Leftovers
Trait:Cursed Body
EV: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
Bold Nature(+Def,-Atk)
-Scald
-Will o Wisp
-Taunt
-Recover

Good luck ;)

Just some quick things I realized, give Rapid Spin over Giga Drain or Toxic Spikes on Tentacruel. Your team needs Rapid Spin support as 3 of your mons are weak to it and in general is a great move to have. Also, try out Hammer Arm over Earthquake for Ferrothorns and Air Balloon Heatrans. Not to mention, you have a more reliable way of taking down Tyranitar.

Also, you are very Landorus and Fighting-type weak. It's hard finding a replacement without ruining your core, though...

Your team is very very weak at Reuniclus CM.
I suggest of put Scizor bander on Metagross:
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
I suggest to Volcarona on Kyurem it's more usefull if you want :
Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance/Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Thanks for the rates.

@HBK:That Jellicent set seems pretty good to switch in on Terrakion so I'll try it out.

@LightZ911: I have Rapid Spin on Tentacruel, go look at the set.I originally had Hammer Arm but it kept on missing for me s o I changed it.Nonetheless I'll try it out again.

@Leftiez:If I use BandZor over Metagross, what should I use for SR? The team was built around Kyurem so I won't be replacing it.

Emeral

toward new horizons
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
Hi Rockstar !
Congratulations on using hail team.
The main problem that I can see in your team is Metagross, this pokemon is very weak in BW OU. It's why I can suggest you Jirachi over Metagross.
---> Why Jirachi ?
Because you can now switch into a DM from Latios and Hurricane from Tornadus, you can heal Abomasnow or Kyurem with wish, you can set the SR and you can handle Reuniclus.

Jirachi@Leftovers
Trait : Serene Grace
Evs: 252 HP / 216 Sdef / 40 Spd
Carefull nature ( +defspe ; -Attk )
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect/U-uturn

Hope I helped you !

Hi Rockstar !
Congratulation on using hail team.
The main problem that I can see is Metagross, this pokemon is very weak in BW OU. I can suggest you Jirachi over Metagross.
---> Why ?
Because you can now switch into a DM from Latios, you can set the SR and you can handle Reuniclus.

Jirachi@Leftovers
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect/U-uturn

Hope I helped you !
Yeah but you should put SR on Protect/U-turn .

Hi Rockstar !
Congratulations on using hail team.
The main problem that I can see in your team is Metagross, this pokemon is very weak in BW OU. It's why I can suggest you Jirachi over Metagross.
---> Why Jirachi ?
Because you can now switch into a DM from Latios and Hurricane from Tornadus, you can heal Abomasnow or Kyurem with wish, you can set the SR and you can handle Reuniclus.

Jirachi@Leftovers
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect/U-uturn

Hope I helped you !
Set looks great, I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

You mean SR in the last slot right?

Lavos

Banned deucer.
I feel morally obligated to rate this team, since it has Metagross, which is probably the coolest Pokemon known to man. Kudos to you, sir, on using it in 5th Gen, where it gets zero attention. Just a few problems I'm seeing:

- Terrakion is still a bitch to this team, despite you having Metagross to supposedly check it. A Banded variant can hit the majority of your team for at least 50% damage with Close Combat, and a predicted Stone Edge on your switch to Dragonite or Tentacruel to absorb a Close Combat could leave your team wrecked. Even scarier, if Metagross is down, a Double Dance variant will have absolutely zero trouble sweeping you. Stall also gives you problems, which is actually a good thing, as the change I'm suggesting will help you doubly in the long run. Run a Stallbreaker Mew set over Kyurem, as Kyurem serves minimal purpose as far as I can see, whereas Mew will drastically minimize your weakness to Terrakion as well as provide a reasonable check to stall teams with Taunt + Softboiled. Oh, and did I mention this will also prevent stuff like Bulk Up Conkeldurr from being a nuisance? MEW FOREVER!!!

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Softboiled
- Psychic

- Next, you're weak to Heatran. And before you say something along the lines of "but I've got EQ on half my team", let me explain. Air Balloon is a problem. Offensive Heatran is pretty much guaranteed to KO at least one of your Pokemon if it's carrying a Balloon. Flame Charge + Air Balloon is the real problem, though. With that set, you're screwed. It can feasibly OHKO your entire team after Stealth Rocks damage, and you can't stop it at all. The only thing I can think of as far as stopping ChargeTran goes is hitting it with priority from Abomasnow or Metagross, letting one of them die, then sending in Dragonite at full health to take care of it with an Earthquake, and relying on sacrificing at least one of your 'mons to take out a measly Heatran is a bogus strategy. A possible solution would be an Air Balloon Heatran of your own over Metagross, because Heatran sets up Rocks better anyways in my opinion, but that makes you even weaker to Terrakion, Conkeldurr, and the like. Relying on Mew to take out a plethora of Fighting-types isn't a great strategy. Honestly, I'm stumped on this one. I'll leave it up to you to tell me how you deal with these threats.

All said and done, an excellent team. Were it not for a few gaping holes, I'm sure this team could reach #1 on ladder. Bringing Metagross back from the all-consuming depths of Gen 4 is quite a task, but you pulled it off well, so congratulations on that. I'll look forward to your next team.

Really good rate.
The team was build around Kyurem and despite me being a bit reluctant to change him I'll be willing to give mew a try.
As for Heatran over Metagross, I;ll test that too.

Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)