Ignorance is a Gorebyss: A Smash/Pass Team

Teambuilding

So to build a smash/pass team I would need someone who could perform both, right? Gorrebys is the heart and soul of the team

Any good opponent won't allow someone to just set up in their face. Latios normally considered an offensive thread, provides VERY much needed support moves for my team.

I need hazards and rapid spin to help my sweepers out. Enter Donphan, who is bulky enough and can at least pull off 1 rapid spin or stealth rocks.

My main sweeper is suspectable to stealth rocks. Xatu bounces back status aimed at anyone, and also paralyzes anyone so they cannot outspeed anything on my team.

Dragonite is sweeper, who receives the direct boosts from Gorrebys and presumes to absolutely crush.

Now Dragonite can't do everything: it's suspectable to toxic and ice attacks. Enter Metagross, who can absorb such attacks and sweep.

The team

Gorrebys@White Herb
Trait: Swift Swim
Calm(+SpD -Atk)
252 HP 24 SpD 232 Spe
Substitute
Shell Smash
Baton Pass
Surf

The heart and soul of the team, who takes Shell smash to a whole other level. Gorrebys in fact is so great after just 1 setup, he reaches 396 Speed: outspeeding even base 115 pokemon and 528 SpA, who can eliminate threats right off the bat. Substitute allows Gorrebys to bypass status who would otherwise ruin the sea animal, and pass it to my sweepers. Shell Smash and Baton Pass are obvious, making it and any receptor an absolute behemoth. Surf allows Gorrebys while not being a sweeper, pick off threats right off the bat. What more can we ask? +2 Speed, +2 SpA, and +2 Atk+Substitute=A happy me.

Donphan@Leftovers
Trait:Sturdy
Impish(+Def -SpA)
252 HP 252 Def 4 Spe
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Earthquake
Roar

Donphan really only has 2 purposes on my team: Set up stealth rocks, make sure hazards are not up, then die(wait is that 3....?). Stealth rock and rapid spin as stated are the main reason for donphan. However, earthquake allows Donphan solid damage with his great attack stat. Roar is really useful in it disallows things such as Swords Dance Scizor to set up. I don't know if there's another pokemon that can set up stealth rocks and spin them away, but even if so: nothing can do the job like Donphan.

Metagross@Leftovers
Trait:Clear body
Naughty(+Atk - SpD)
216 Atk 40 SpA 252 Spe
Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Hidden Power Fire
Zen Headbutt

As good as Metagross is: I will start the description saying if anything be changed: It's Metagross. The only real purpose to use him to sweep over Dragonite is he can absorb toxic, and handle Heatran better. Bullet punch is priority so other priority moves won't touch metagross. Earthquake can nail Heatran, and other things for super effective damage. Hidden power is for coverage: killing ferrothorn, forretress, and skarmory. Zen headbutt is the main STAB attack for me to use. Again I'd rather replace Metagross than anything else: but I'd rather change his moveset.

Latios@Light Clay
Trait:Levitate
Timid (+Spe -Atk)
252 HP 4 Def 252 Spe
Reflect
Light Screen
Dragon Pulse
Memento

Arguably the most important member of my team, one thing that CAN'T be debated is the fun starts when latios is entered. Normally seen as an offensive force, it catches the opponent off guard when I set up screens. Reflect/Light screen obviously allow my other team members to tank psychical and special hits respectively. Dragon pulse allows me to at least dish out some damage, not being suspectable to sableye. Memento cuts the opponent's attack+special attack 2 levels, allowing gorrebys behind screens 1 turn to set up completely. The really good thing about dual screen latios is he is faster than most pokemon, so all of his moves will happen before damage happens.

Xatu@Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
Bold (+Def - Atk)
248 HP 204 Def 56 Spe
Roost
Psychic
Night Shade
Thunder Wave

Xatu is the best counter to hazard users such as skarmory and ferrothorn you can find. His signature ability magic bounce is something every pokemon should be jealous over. His role on my team is bounce back hazards which would damage my team, paralyze threats that might outspeed me, and be kept around so nothing gets statused. Roost increases his longevity. Psychic allows him to hit threats like tentacruel for super effective damage. Night shade deals 100 damage to anything. Thunder wave really is the use for him: paralyzing things such as dragonite that would be deemed a threat. While he may not be the most useful thing on my team: Xatu, bird of the skies, should not be underestimated.

Dragonite@Lum Berry
Trait:Multiscale
Jolly(+Spe -SpA)
4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
Fire Punch
Dragon Claw
Extremespeed
Waterfall

The absolute monster from 1st gen returns as the main attacker on my team. Dragonite is so powerful, and bulky from his dream world ability: Multiscale. Behind screens, substitute, AND multiscale makes dragonite even able to live a icicle spear from cloyster! Max speed allows Dragonite to speed tie with Timid Venusaur under the sun, and outspeed Modest forms. Fire punch nails scizor, ferrothorn, any basically anything really strong. Dragon claw is the premier STAB for me(I don't want outrage because it locks me into moves I might not want to be in). Extremespeed is so other priority moves cannot revenge kill. Waterfall is for anything fire, such as heatran. I cannot replace Dragonite: he is an absolute monster, and the core of my team.

So there we have it. I'm not an expert and pokemon, and this team primarily is for fun. Please criticize the team, but of course constructive criticism. Please rate my team, and have a nice day.

PokèManiac Livio

Un panino al salame
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey dude, nice Quick Pass team, interesting Latios in the role of Double Screener, you have not much problem, only somthing that in my opinion could be changed, let s start with the rate!

Well, first thing i see is the use of a rapid spinner, you really don t need one because of you have to play and win in a few turns and against a good stall/semistall you have Xatu that works incredibly good, so you have a free slot that we can fill with another good recipient. Now you have something to fix, for example the use of Metagross in the role of recipient is questionable, from the moment the Spd of the metagame is changed and not in negative, bullet punch can help you against someone, true, but not against all.

• Well, the work of Dopnphan, as i told you above, is pretty useless in a so wuick and offensive team, this because you don t give the way to your opponent to setupp anything. The phaze of roar can t really help you, because an eventual booster is stopped immediately by your memento of Latios. The Stealth Rock are much important in this kind of team so even Latios is a good choice as starter, but is cool and i respect your voluntary.
    Well in place of Donphan, since you have only Physical Recipient (Dragonite and Metagross) i want to give you a valid recipient, that is useful especially when the opponentu run with Terrakion, I mean Nidoking>Donphan. Nidoking has an incredible coverage of Fire+BoltBeam+ Earth STAB that in combo with his trait make him an incredible sweeper of this metagame with Life Orb. I suggest you to use an Evs spread of 28HP/252Satk/228Spd, in this way you have the possibility to outspeed ScarfTimid Lat twins (the fastest revengekiller of the OU) and have a bit more bulk.

• Now you have a problem, in case your Nidoking is Koed, ChoiceScarfKeldeo, i mean Timid, can revengekill your physical recipients, from the moment that with Stealth rock on the field (maybe setted when you pass the boost) you have not way to hit him good without losing one. In fact him outspeed your Dragonite of 1 point speed when is +2 and may kill him with Icy Wind or Hidden Power [Ice] too. My idea is to change Metagross with similar recipient, but more good than him in my opinion, i m talking about Jirachi. With the help of the trait (how is annoying with flicnhes), more good coverage and the possibility to outspeed all the metagame when is +2 without much investments in speed, is the best recipient of the game. It has same typing of Metagross, minus attack, but the possibility to abuse of secondary effect of his moves. My suggestion is to use an Evs spread of 148HP/252Atk/108Spd Adamant Nature, with a moveset of Ice Punch/Iron Head/Drain Punch/Zen Headbutt-Thunderbolt. The spread has the same principles i said you above about Nidoking, Drain punch give you possibility to recover eventual damage on the passing, Zen Headbutt/Thunderbolt complete the combo Fight/Psichic and with the trait allow you to flinch the oppponent 60% of times, thunderbolt allow you to kill an eventual Skarmory, Iron Head the STAB that works similar to Zheadbutt and Ice Punch to hit Flyng and Dragon types. The only pokemon that could give a problem to him is Rotom-W with a defensive set, will o wisp could throw all air if Zen Headbutt doesn not flinch him, so my suggestion is to give him Lum Berry, i didn t suggest you Air Baloon because you have Dragonite as another recipient, it s a question of predictions.

• Last thing i suggest you is to use change Dragonite Nature from Jolly to Adamant, the reason is simple, you outspeed almost all, so you should run to maximyze the offensive, with Life Orb>Lum Berry, you can HOKO without problems Venusaur with Extreme Speed and have a bit chanches to HOKO Keldeo. You should try Earthquake instead of Waterfall, it allow you to hit some Steel type pokemons such as Heatran, that in case has not Stealth rock inside, could be not HOKO in 54%.

252Atk Life Orb +2 Dragonite (+Atk) Waterfall vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Flash Fire Heatran (+Def): 91% - 107% (352 - 416 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 46% chance to OHKO.
    252Atk Life Orb +2 Dragonite (+Atk) ExtremeSpeed vs 4HP/0Def Leftovers Venusaur (Neutral): 98% - 116% (297 - 351 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 90% chance to OHKO. Delete
    252Atk Life Orb +2 Dragonite (+Atk) ExtremeSpeed vs 4HP/0Def Leftovers Keldeo (Neutral): 85% - 100% (278 - 327 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 6% chance to OHKO.

• Well, backing to DoubleScreener, even if i like much Latios because is the pure offensive, have a little problem, can t set Stealth Rocks, so my advice is to replace Uxie instead of Latios. Uxie guarantee the double screen, except in case of opponent crit, give you the possibility to set Entry Hazard and most important think that characteryze it from Azelf, give your lovely Memento.
    I will post the eventual set below, in my opinion the stealth rocks are much useful especially against Skarmory or random Sasher/Sturdy (you have an example in the team roar Donphan).

Hope i helped, and good luck with the team.

Tl;dr

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SAtk / 228 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Jirachi @ Lum Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Claw

Uxie @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
- Memento

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)