Bulu.png
tran.png
Ash Gren.png
Hera.png
Zygod.png
Lando.png

Line.png

Introduction
Yo wassup! :] I'm showcasing a team i made a few days prior to the Official Ladder Tournament that has been doing very well these past few cycles, My friend TaceBreeze used this team to climb and hit 2070+ on the ladder and used this team to maintain a solid elo and to qualify before other people started to steal the team. After he started using it & people started to steal the team he started to run into a lot of mirror matches & everyone around higher ladder started to know the team, so he decided to use a different team for the rest of the cycle. I built this team in Den of Thieves a while ago when Tace wanted to use a Mega Heracross team, And so i then tried to build around SD Bullet Seed Mega Heracross + SD Spdef Tapu Bulu & Steelium-Z to get rid of Mega Latios which annoys Bullet Seed Mega Heracross. He used & tested this team a little bit before OLT and got good results then finally used it to get 2070+ and after that alot of other pepole started to use the team, for example i know my bro Insult used it a couple times too this cycle (Shout-outs to you bro) & a couple others. When i built this i wanted it to have a solid match-up VS hyper offense so another important member on this team is Sub Glare Zygarde. Bullet Seed Heracross can pressure & weaken threats such as Landorus & Clefable for Zygarde & Zygarde can weaken & status the grass types for Ash Greninja. Glare on Zygarde is also huge as this slows down the opponents team & allows Mega Heracross to out-speed some faster threats such as Scarf Landorus & Tornadus.

Line.png

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/olt-v-discussion-thread.3639258/#post-7869205

marshadow.gif

Special Shout-out to TaceBreeze for testing the team & congratulations on qualifying for OLT bro,
Im really proud of you,

In Depth Building Process

Tapu Bulu.gif
tran.png
Ash Gren.png
heracross-mega.gif
Zygod.png
Lando.png

I wanted to build around these two Pokemon in particular, Mega Heracross + Tapu Bulu can make a neat core as Tapu Bulu provides Grassy Terrain for Mega Heracross to strengthen its Bullet Seed while also giving Mega Heracross passive recovery.

Tapu Bulu.gif
tran.png
Ash Gren.png
heracross-mega.gif
zygarde.gif
Lando.png

Next I decided to add Zygarde, Glare Zygarde is really nice on this team as not only does it check Hawlucha, but it also slows down other members of the opponents team allowing Mega Heracross to be not only a huge threat but a possible win condition.

Tapu Bulu.gif
tran.png
Ash-Greninja.gif
heracross-mega.gif
zygarde.gif
Lando.png

After i added Zygarde i needed a mon that can revenge kill a paralyzed Hawlucha & provide solid speed control/have good synergy with the other 3, Ash Greninja fit nicely here. Ash Greninja can actually take advantage Zygarde Paralyzing mons such as Tangrowth, and it gives Ash Greninja a higher percentage to break it with Dark Pulse and improve the chance of Hax, Mega Heracross can weaken bulky grass types such as Tapu Bulu.

Tapu Bulu.gif
Heatran.gif
Ash-Greninja.gif
heracross-mega.gif
zygarde.gif
Lando.png

Next, i added Heatran to better check mons such as Mega Scizor & Clefable while adding a sturdy fairy resist, providing this team with another wall-breaker. Steelium-Z is the item of choice to catch mons such as Mega Alakazam & Gliscor on the switch while just being a fearsome wall-breaker in general.

Tapu Bulu.gif
Heatran.gif
Ash-Greninja.gif
heracross-mega.gif
zygarde.gif
Landorus-Therian.gif

Finally, rounding off the team is Scarf Landous as it is a really reliable scarfer & it helps revenge kill some threats, Scarf Landorus provides the team with some much appreciated speed control while also checking mons such as Mega Pinsir & being a reliable glue on a build like this.

Bulu Shuffle.png
Heatran Shuffle.png
Ash Greninja Shuffle.png
Heracross-Mega Shuffle.png
Zygarde Shuffle.png
Landorus Shuffle.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Depth Look

Tapu Bulu.gif
Leftovers.png

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Atk / 56 Def / 168 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
Type_Normal.gif

- Horn Leech
Type_Grass.gif

- Superpower
Type_Fighting.gif

- Protect
Type_Normal.gif

SD Protect Tapu Bulu is an amazing set, SD Tapu Bulu serves as this team's bulky pivot & main water resist, It can also function as a late-game cleaner as well, Protect allows you to Scout Z-Moves, Check Mega Alakazam, and most importantly gain health back. Mega Heracross can weaken SD Tapu Bulu's Checks such as Celesteela & Mega Scizor so i figured it would be a nice addition to this team. Tapu Bulu also provides Grassy Terrain which strengthens Megs Heracross's Bullet Seed & gives the team passive recovery & alongside Heatran completes the Tapu Bulu & Heatran core.

Spread Explanation

The spdef investment with a Careful nature on this Tapu Bulu set allows it to avoid the OHKO from Modest Heatran
252+ SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 248 HP / 168+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 288-342 (83.9 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery, Grassy Terrain recovery, and trapping damage
20 Atk lets you OHKO Mega-Alakazam with Stealth Rocks,
20 Atk Tapu Bulu Horn Leech vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Alakazam-Mega in Grassy Terrain: 220-261 (87.6 - 103.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery
56 Def is for Gliscor & Mega-Swampert,

Heatran.gif
Bag_Steelium_Z_Sprite.png

Heatran @ Steelium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 16 HP / 216 SpA / 28 SpD / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
Type_Rock.gif

- Earth Power
Type_Ground.gif

- Flash Cannon
Type_Steel.gif

- Magma Storm
Type_Fire.gif
/
Lava Plume
Type_Fire.gif

Heatran is the best mon in the tier in my eyes, Amazing wall-breaker,Excellent Stealth Rocker & Amazing typing Heatran can destroy many teams without effort. Im running Steelium-Z, which can break most of its checks, Gliscor Tyranitar, Mega Latios, Mega Alakazam, all fall to Steelium-Z Heatran. Steelium-Z Heatran can also remove Mega Latios for Mega Heracross which is annoyed by it since i am running Bullet Seed over Pin Missile. Lave Plume is also a option over Magma Storm if you don't want to miss but magma is better overall to trap Toxapex for Ash Greninja.
im sorry joey ;(

Spread Explanation

Me and my friend tigers jaw made this Heatran spread,
With the HP investment you avoid the OHKO from Kartana after Stealth Rock,
252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 16 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 240-284 (73.3 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
You also avoid the OHKO Focus Blast from mons such as Magearna & Tapu Lele,
252 SpA Magearna Focus Blast vs. 16 HP / 28 SpD Heatran: 242-286 (74 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
The speed investment is to creep Timid Magearna.

Ash-Greninja.gif
choicespecs.png

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
Type_Water.gif

- Dark Pulse
Type_Dark.gif

-
Water Shuriken
Type_Water.gif

- Spikes
Type_Ground.gif

Ash Greninja is a amazing mon, It has very good match-ups vs many of the Hyper Offense teams that infest the ladder around OLT & can offensively pressure your opponents team greatly once their bulky grass or water type is dealt with. Ash Greninja also adds some speed control on this team while also offensively pressuring mons such as non scarf Kartana, Mega Medicham, Weakened Kyurem, And many more mons that this team is weak to. Mega Heracross can also break down mons that check Ash Greninja such as Ferrothorn, Tapu Bulu, Chansey, & Ash Greninja can also lay down Spikes to help other offensive threats on the team such as Mega Heracross & Zygarde pressure the opponents team even more.

Spread Explanation
Standard Specs Ash Greninja.

heracross-mega.gif
Heracronite_Sprite.png

Heracross-Mega (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
Type_Normal.gif

- Close Combat
Type_Fighting.gif

- Bullet Seed
Type_Grass.gif
/ Pin Missile
Type_Bug.gif

-
Rock Blast
Type_Rock.gif

Mega Heracross is a really nice mon on this team, SD Mega Heracross has always been a mon i was very fond of, and it is the MVP on this team. SD Heracross paired with Tapu Bulu & Bullet Seed to take advantage of Grassy Terrain is a very threatening core for defensive teams, Bullet Seed in terrain demolishes Unaware Clefable, Toxapex & even destroys mons such as Rotom-Wash at +0 & just hits insanely hard in general. Pin Missile is a option over Bullet Seed to hit Reuniclus & Tapu Bulu Harder but Bullet Seed is usually preferred to break down Unaware Clefable more reliably.

Spread Explanation
Standard max max Mega Heracross.

zygarde.gif
Leftovers.png

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 140 Atk / 20 Def / 4 SpD / 156 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
Type_Ground.gif

- Substitute
Type_Normal.gif

- Glare
Type_Normal.gif

-
Coil
Type_Poison.gif

Zygarde is a very very prominent mon in the Ultra Sun & Moon meta-game right now. It has so many sets & it doesnt have very solid counter-play other than AV Tangrowth or Curse Mega Scizor which both can be dealt with by other members of the team such as Mega Heracross or Heatran. Im using Glare Zygarde as not only does it help vs Hawlucha but it also can Glare other faster mons on the opponents side, this allows slower mons on this team such as Mega Heracross & Heatran to out-speed and Ohko. This can be lethal to more offensively built teams.

Spread Explanation
This is a spread my good friend tigers jaw made, The HP investment allows Zygarde to have 404 HP Substitutes, making Seismic Toss unable to break it & The Def investment lets you stall out Bulk Up Tapu Bulu & The speed on this set allows
you to speed creep mons such as Gliscor,

Landorus-Therian.gif
Choice_Scarf.png

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
Type_Ground.gif

- U-turn
Type_Bug.gif

- Defog
Type_Flying.gif

- Stone Edge
Type_Rock.gif

Scarf Landorus is by far the best scarfer in the meta-game right now, as it is a really really good glue on most bulky offensive teams. Scarf Lando can remove hazards, provides speed control, a electric & ground immunity & it can provide momentum with U-turn. Scarf Landorus is a necessity on this team to check the likes of Mega Pinsir while also giving this team a flying immunity & a pivot into Pokemon such as Mega Medicham, Mega Lopunny & Banded Zygade.

Spread Explanation
Standard max max Scarf Landorus.

Threat-list

Toxic Spikes
Pex.png
gren.png

Since my hazard removal is Scarf Landorus Toxic Spikes are a huge problem for this team, Try to pressure Toxapex with Heatran & or Mega Heracross, Setting up Spikes of your own also works very well too,

Greninja
Ash Gren.png
Greninja.png

Protean Greninja is extremely hard for this team to deal with, Try to put yourself in a position where it cannot get many free switch-ins off pivoting, Play around U-turns with your own Scarf Landorus, But make sure u keep it for the exact same threat, Mega Heracross can most likely take 1 non Z-move attack if healthy, Ash Greninja can become a problem if Tapu Bulu gets too weakened or if Ash Greninja has Ice Beam,

Fighting Types
Mega Medicham.png
Lucha.png

Mega Medicham is very annoying to this team as it has no reliable switch-in, however, Ash Greninja can check it offensively & it can be played around, If Zygarde gets weakened Hawlucha becomes a huge problem, Make sure you keep Zygarde healthy at all times & pressure it heavily,

Kartana
Kartana.png

Kartana can become very annoying if Mega Heracross gets too weakened but it can be played around,

Line.png

Replays

Shout-outs to Aim :] im sorry Magma Storm missed so much bro, XD
Magma Storm is indeed a amazing & horrible move

Line.png

ash_greninja_animated_sprite_by_diegotoon20-d9reqoy.gif

Line.png

Shout-outs

Much love to all of you,

Line.png

Bulu.png
tran.png
Ash Gren.png
Hera.png
Zygod.png
Lando.png

Line.png

Last edited:
Hey really cool team. Really looks like it can really deal with a lot of the meta. My one question is can Mega Hera run 4 attacks instead of SD or is the power needed to break through stall?

Reactions: Ske
As usual, the slump god never ceases to impress me :]!
Not only is your team some heat (not the standard 5 broken mons and a lando to "round the team off" like other people), but the mons synergize perfectly with eachother.

Like duh you have bulu/tran/gren core but you also have things like steelium tran to clap mons like the lati twins, zam, and glisc (mons that scare and even pressure mega hera) lando can pick off mons that scare gren. Who can also hazard stack to apply pressure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)