Serious I'm tired...

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Hey guys, I know I haven't been the most active here but I felt maybe if I stopped keeping myself involved in this website daily I would maybe help my case. I've been feeling rather unhappy for the past month or so but after not signing in for days and trying to find other stuff that makes me happy I simply can't find anything that puts a real smile on my face for more than 2 seconds. I've tried to dedicate myself to wrestling so I can become better and maybe earn a scholarship... but then I start to fall behind in school. I try to dedicate myself to school but I start to feel overwhelmed by everything else. I try to spend more time with my real and online friends but then I'm pressured by every to keep at going at other things. I feel I'm being caught in a whirlpool of unhappiness and stress, unable to make decisions that can benefit everyone happily. The point is... I'm tired.

I'm tired of school. I'm tired of wrestling. I'm tired of gaming. I'm tired of people. I'm tired of getting hits by cars. I'm of trees falling on me. I'm tired of seeing people unhappy. I'm tired family dying. I'm tired working. I'm tired of gaming. I'm tired of sleeping. I'm tired of this world.

I don't really know what to do anymore, I want to give up. Get on the floor and cry until someone kills me already. But... I'm not allowed to. I carry a burden of people actually caring about me. I still care for my friends and family. I still care about everyone that can call me a friend here. I still care about helping others... but I'm tired... I just want to fall asleep... and never wake up...

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
Take Azelfie I literally just posted a thread like this.

I'm sorry you feel this way man. It happens though I'm sure you will get over it. If you need someone to talk to about Wrestling school or just feeling bettter hit me up man! I am here for you as I'm sure other smogoners are. I also Wrestle btw nice to see someone who wrestles too! I miss you man in CAP and PU. I hope you feel better!

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
I know this feel for sure. Maybe if you can get away for a week or so it could do wonders. A change of scenery can really invigorate the passion for life. Come out of your comfort zone, have fun, meet new people. I realize you probably have responsibilities that you can't just abandon but if you can find time to just get away even for a day or two it could maybe do you some good.

hey man, i understand. while i surely can't relate to your specific circumstances, i think its important that you understand that you're not alone in what you're going through. fwiw, similar matters were touched upon in this thread, and while i don't believe i could touch on this sorta stuff much better than sam did there, i'll offer what i can from personal experience.

back when i felt that way, it stemmed from a lack of diversity in my daily life, and with school being how it is i can totally understand how being in such a rut would affect you adversely. try mixing things up in small ways, it'll go miles in affecting how your perception of "just another day" is affected. take some free time to step back and look at what you do objectively; oftentimes i found i was just going through the motions, which does no favors in terms of finding enjoyment in your day-to-day. try honing in on specific aspects of your life with an open mind, chances are good you'll be able to rekindle an old passion in doing so, or at the very least spark something new. whenever you consider, you know, really give consideration to the greater implications of it all. i went down that road far longer than i'm comfortable discussing, but whenever i started thinking about that i pulled back to all the people i've interacted that'd be affected by my absence: all the people i've made smile, the ones i've had meaningful conversations with, the ones that took something from my being there. as i see it, your life is no longer truly your own the second you use it to affect another, and i took solace in the idea that my existence extended past just me.

remember that the world is beautiful, you just have to do a little digging at times. hope to see you around man, good luck

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I feel you, man. Life sometimes hits us with curveballs. Sadly, these curveballs can last longer and hit harder. Back when I was in a similar position, I always believed that great things will happen in the future to make up for the bad things in the past. As a Catholic and trying not to get too religious, God put us on Earth not to suffer, but to enjoy the gift of life. Remember that people care about you, even the ones on a Pokemon forum.
Don't cry about the bad things in the past and present, smile expecting great things in the future.
Feel better man, best wishes to you.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
put yourself first. this doesn't mean be a selfish asshole or ignore the important people in your life, but if you're not happy you have to find things that make you happy. nobody else is going to put you first, it's up to you to make you happy.

one of the things i do that really helps is sleep early so that i can get up a couple hours before i have to work. starting my day happy helps me be happy in situations where i'm otherwise not. if i stay up late, i spend my morning stressed because i have to get ready in like 10 minutes and speed all the way to work, and then i start doing something i don't like in an already-bad mood. when i was in school i always stayed up late and often showed up at school a little late and i can't imagine how much better my life in high school would have been with proper sleep and an early start to my day.

if you're finding yourself overwhelmed i really recommend trying out some meditation. play some relaxing music (this varies from person to person, as long as you can think while you listen to it you're fine), and chill. turn off your phone, turn off your tv, turn off your laptop. just relax and think. i spend like an hour in the shower sometimes listening to music and enjoying the warm water while it's warm, and there's no feeling close to it for me. when it's not freezing i'll listen to music and go on an hour or so walk too. might not be for you but these things really help me unwind, especially when i'm feeling overwhelmed.

idk your eating habits but eating wells helps me too. happy body = happy mind, and when i'm super stressed or sad or whatever i usually eat like shit.

these things won't make any of your problems magically disappear but after 24 years of trying to figure it out, i've found that getting my life together usually starts with treating myself better. everything is more enjoyable and easier when you have a clear mind + body.

Hi there was a similar thread posted and I wrote a response and it somewhat applies here so you can check it out here.

Anyways, I really relate to the OP. Whenever I finish my homework and have free time, I don't really know what to do. I don't know what makes me happy. Pokemon has been getting less and less fun for me, talking with a group chat with irl friends just makes me angry and sad from their actions and words, and whenever I try a new game or hobby I usually find out that I'm not very good at it or just not having much fun in general.

Furthermore, I also feel that sometimes I have too much on my plate. I want to do well in school but then I don't have time to try to figure out what makes me happy, I want to try to significantly improve at Pokemon but then I fall behind in school. What I've found to be useful is to cut down on responsibilities. I used to play both Football and Baseball simultaneously but I just couldn't handle it so I stopped playing Football and it led to me being generally happier. I know it might not seem a fun idea as I'm sure you enjoy your extra-curricular activities and duties on this website, but that's what I would honestly do.

You can't give up. Things will get better, they always do. Good luck and feel free to PM me on Smogon or Discord (GreenGogoatttt#7254) if you want to talk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)